IGNORED

Winter Olympics - Atari 2600 *Closing Ceremonies*

JacobZu7zu7

i will tell u how to land the ski jump so that it is fair play. if you look at how he is positioned when he takes off then you should now know that you have to be in that position to land when u try to land. see simple. ;) :-D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As a representative from the United States team, I feel like the ski jump will be the hardest of all the competitions! So your not alone. And thanks for the tip. I'll try it out. I find it much easier on the 7800 version though :/

Edited by segasaturn

Well i can gladly say here at the team Australia complex, the first ski jump was finally landed without resembling a big night out at the local pub *throws arms up applauding oneself*.

With the arrival yesterday of our good friend Jacob practice sessions are now in full swing besides, some distractions from the Minogue sisters :-o.

I blame the sisters distracting me for any poor performances.

Kangaroo's are watching curiously while luge practice runs are underway on four wheeled beer eskies :thumbsup:

chilly-008.jpg

Edited by Tony The 2600
  • Like 2

i will tell u how to land the ski jump so that it is fair play. if you look at how he is positioned when he takes off then you should now know that you have to be in that position to land when u try to land. see simple. ;) :-D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey, you're absolutely correct (except for that part about "simple" :-D ).

I would describe the position as: both the skis and the skier's body are at a 45-degree angle pointing up to the right ;)

One day to go. Are you excited?

Will there be another thread for posting scores (times)?

And how should they be posted to make it easier to keep track of them?

Also you said somewhere that we would be playing mogul maniac game 9, but you haven't noted that on

the main page of this thread.

Edited by Atarian7

Wow this is great how many players are signed up

good to see you here Stan!

@ Jacob -- So I'm not exactly sure which game selections to play-- I read on the original post we will play game 3 on Ice hockey and perhaps skiing as well? Just to put my two cents in, I would be happy about that, since those two games are really slow on game 1. But I'm happy to play a slow game too, just saying :)

See you all on the slopes!

• Like 1

Yes this is the most players I seen signed up before S.BAZ! :) I think the teams with just 1 person can join another team if they want a stronger team showing? ... although Atari forum folks... may still sign up during the olympics.

roadrunner, miss 2600, northcoastgamer, botbird,.... etc are you guys gonna join us? purdy plz! =)

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 1

So I'm sorry I'm confused. Are you going to tell us what game to play on a daily basis, or we just go crazy and add up all the scores in the end?

YOU CAN PLAY ANY EVENT ON ANY DAY/S YOU WANT... LIKE IF U WANT TO SKI, U CAN POST A SCORE FOR THAT AND PLAY OTHER EVENTS LATER ETC...

POSTING A PICTURE IS RECOMMENED, NOT MANDITORY...

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Post scores here? Alright, here we go! Karokoenig, aka Crash Bandagefoot reporting his first result in Skiing (Game 5): 30.04

Go Team Germany! I mean the rest of the team, of course. We all know that I suck, so the others have to save the day. Good luck everyone, and say no to Drugs please. Sex and Rock 'n Roll are more fun without them. Also sports.

post-34656-0-01418200-1391758032_thumb.png

• Like 2