IGNORED

Is RarityGuide.com Accurate on Colecovision Games Prices?

ValkerieSilk

I think you're talking about CIB. Loose ones are around 1-2 dollars a piece.

Depends if you can get them in the wild or not. The only game I've come across for less than 5 dollars was blackjack. Most of the games I've bought its been from either atari2600 or ebay. Ebay generally means buying one game at a time so by the time you factor in shipping. It's usually 10 plus. The two game stores in my area base their prices on ebay so its not much cheaper there. ( The other day I was in there and they asked me if I was interested in purchasing a bunch of vic 20 carts from them. I said that I don't collect for the vic-20 but if I could buy them for 2-3 dollars each I would because they would look good on my shelf. The store manager went on ebay and said he would sell them for 15 each. I said no thanks.)

• Like 1

I won't comment on NIB prices because I do not collect or follow those. The CIB prices seem to be all over the place, either too high or too low. I mean come one, Tournament Tennis by Imagic CIB for only $35.00 and WizMath CIB for only $190.00!!! The LOOSE cart prices for the most part all seem to be on the high side.

Videogamepricecharts.com seems to be a lot better, but even then there are some strangely priced items such as a ColecoVision System NIB for $1200.00. The only CV system that has ever sold for $1200.00 was the Proto System in the Purple Box and that was not new and did not include the Hand Controllers... which are the proto units as well with the Speed Roller.

Best to do your own research by looking up completed Auctions and BINs, then make your own conclusions.

Depends if you can get them in the wild or not. The only game I've come across for less than 5 dollars was blackjack. Most of the games I've bought its been from either atari2600 or ebay. Ebay generally means buying one game at a time so by the time you factor in shipping. It's usually 10 plus. The two game stores in my area base their prices on ebay so its not much cheaper there. ( The other day I was in there and they asked me if I was interested in purchasing a bunch of vic 20 carts from them. I said that I don't collect for the vic-20 but if I could buy them for 2-3 dollars each I would because they would look good on my shelf. The store manager went on ebay and said he would sell them for 15 each. I said no thanks.)

I hate when sellers take ebay prices for reference, and more when they use the highest prices :(

Videogamepricecharts.com seems to be a lot better, but even then there are some strangely priced items such as a ColecoVision System NIB for $1200.00. The only CV system that has ever sold for $1200.00 was the Proto System in the Purple Box and that was not new and did not include the Hand Controllers... which are the proto units as well with the Speed Roller.

Best to do your own research by looking up completed Auctions and BINs, then make your own conclusions.

I've been checking every price list I've found and fortunately everything I bought for my Colecovision collection was at reasonable prices. :)

Also I've been tempted to buy more in ebay, but the ebay precalculated shipping is outrageously expensive to Mexico.

Thx for the tip on Videogamepricecharts.com ... I'm attempting to collect all Colecovision games released in North America NIB, with huge emphasis on 'attempting'.

Short answer. No!

Videogamepricecharts.com is very accurate for common to are items. You need to click on items to see the validity of them, but overall very good guide.

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I have several 7800 PAL games I want to sell. Problem is all prices I have found on various rarity sites are for NTSC versions. Are the PAL versions worth more? is there a set formula? Thanks in advance guys!!!

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I have several 7800 PAL games I want to sell. Problem is all prices I have found on various rarity sites are for NTSC versions. Are the PAL versions worth more? is there a set formula? Thanks in advance guys!!!

I would think you would be better off asking this in the atari forum. I guess someone might know but I only care about colecovision.

The colecovision PAL really are not more expensive except for the fact that you are usually buying them from Europe with high shipping prices and bad exchange rate

• Like 2

What about Adam... do you care about Adam :?

I would think you would be better off asking this in the atari forum. I guess someone might know but I only care about colecovision.

The colecovision PAL really are not more expensive except for the fact that you are usually buying them from Europe with high shipping prices and bad exchange rate

Oh man, those are the little mini-arcade boxes... Sooo Cool... Think I ran across your photos at some point... Atari2600 and Gamester81 did a review on the Adam and showed off some of those boxed adam games...

Against all the hard work NIAD has tried to do to change my mind, I still don't care about the Adam :)

I do however own the 3 arcade box adam games as those were just too cool to not have in my colection.

Wow! It's great to see John and Joe giving the ADAM some much needed love via YouTube. However, it does pain me to see all those items that were once part of Chuys450's collection especially since I was so close to sealing a deal to purchase it... damn shipping from the west coast to the midwest cost me dearly not to mention how much time it would have taken to package everything up. I should have taken the week off work and made the drive!

There are some errors, discrepancies, etc. in the video, but that is very understanding for those that were not as involved with the system such as myself and others...

- The three boxes in the video are the most common North American/English versions. There was also French/Canadian versions of the blue and red box released in Canada and then the CBS Electronics versions for the European market.

- The combo EM#3 with ColecoVision was indeed a late in the ball game re-packaging to help sell off extra EM#3 ADAMs and are extremely rare. I know of only 2 in existence.

- The Stand-Alone ADAM was more popular because of the smaller footprint (CV was built-in), it offers Composite Output and for the most part, these are the units that were available for purchase when Coleco was liquidating stock. You could find them at many different stores like Zayre and Kay-Bee for $200.

- As far as Donkey Kong - Super Game, the CES demo was actually an enhanced ColecoVision cart played thru a CV system that was modded and was concealed behind a wall as an actor pretended to go through the motions of inserting and loading a Data Pack version.

- Coleco owned the home console rights to DK and Atari owned the computer rights. Lots of back and forth, but Coleco waxed poetically and was able to release the enhanced ADAM version although Nintendo made them remove the extra/brand new levels that Coleco programmers had added to the game (same with DK Jr. Super Game).

- Super Games were upwards of 128K in size, not 48K, although the DK games are smaller.

- Big time end-user error leaving a Data Pack in the drive and Coleco had to include an addendum sheet to clearify not to do so. Common sense told me to always remove them when powering off the system just like I was always instructed to remove a floppy disk from a TRS-80 before turning it off.

- The ADAM didn't bankrupt Coleco, although it brought Coleco down to one knee. They continued in business for a number of years after the orphaning of the ADAM in 1985 and continued to release new toys, etc.

- I have heard that 950,000 ADAMs in all it's variations were produced, although I think that that number is a bit on the high side. For sure 100,000 is on the very low side of estimates.

- The price was right, but the rush to market and all the subsequent system malfunctions was a big part of what did in the ADAM. What also hurt was Coleco's unwillingness to share tech specs, programming info, dev kits with 3rd party software developers and when Coleco finally started to... it was too late.

- At this time, 1982-1983, Sega and Nintendo did not release their own games in the North American market, they licenseed them out to companies like Coleco. IIRC, Sega was actually the first of the two to start programming, packaging and releasing their games for in North America for other companies systems (ie: Up'N Down).

- Coleco did an excellent job of marketing the ADAM and the unveiling at the 1983 Summer CES created an incredible buzz about the system. All the problems they had in development which led to one delay after another and then the numerous defective systems that were released was the buzz-kill.

- IIRC, there are two of those Final Test units and only one person has all the documentation on how to use it. I think $1500 is very high and there are other ADAM protos (systems and hardware add-ons) that are much more desired.

Again, not knocking the video or anything that was said as I truly appreciate John and Joe spending the considerable time they did in putting the two videos together for my favorite computer system of all-time! Thanks guys, it was a lt of fun to watch.

• Like 1

Oh man... Thx for all this... btw , I have a combo EM#3 with Colecovision

Wow! It's great to see John and Joe giving the ADAM some much needed love via YouTube. However, it does pain me to see all those items that were once part of Chuys450's collection especially since I was so close to sealing a deal to purchase it... damn shipping from the west coast to the midwest cost me dearly not to mention how much time it would have taken to package everything up. I should have taken the week off work and made the drive!

There are some errors, discrepancies, etc. in the video, but that is very understanding for those that were not as involved with the system such as myself and others...

- The three boxes in the video are the most common North American/English versions. There was also French/Canadian versions of the blue and red box released in Canada and then the CBS Electronics versions for the European market.

- The combo EM#3 with ColecoVision was indeed a late in the ball game re-packaging to help sell off extra EM#3 ADAMs and are extremely rare. I know of only 2 in existence.

- The Stand-Alone ADAM was more popular because of the smaller footprint (CV was built-in), it offers Composite Output and for the most part, these are the units that were available for purchase when Coleco was liquidating stock. You could find them at many different stores like Zayre and Kay-Bee for $200.

- As far as Donkey Kong - Super Game, the CES demo was actually an enhanced ColecoVision cart played thru a CV system that was modded and was concealed behind a wall as an actor pretended to go through the motions of inserting and loading a Data Pack version.

- Coleco owned the home console rights to DK and Atari owned the computer rights. Lots of back and forth, but Coleco waxed poetically and was able to release the enhanced ADAM version although Nintendo made them remove the extra/brand new levels that Coleco programmers had added to the game (same with DK Jr. Super Game).

- Super Games were upwards of 128K in size, not 48K, although the DK games are smaller.

- Big time end-user error leaving a Data Pack in the drive and Coleco had to include an addendum sheet to clearify not to do so. Common sense told me to always remove them when powering off the system just like I was always instructed to remove a floppy disk from a TRS-80 before turning it off.

- The ADAM didn't bankrupt Coleco, although it brought Coleco down to one knee. They continued in business for a number of years after the orphaning of the ADAM in 1985 and continued to release new toys, etc.

- I have heard that 950,000 ADAMs in all it's variations were produced, although I think that that number is a bit on the high side. For sure 100,000 is on the very low side of estimates.

- The price was right, but the rush to market and all the subsequent system malfunctions was a big part of what did in the ADAM. What also hurt was Coleco's unwillingness to share tech specs, programming info, dev kits with 3rd party software developers and when Coleco finally started to... it was too late.

- At this time, 1982-1983, Sega and Nintendo did not release their own games in the North American market, they licenseed them out to companies like Coleco. IIRC, Sega was actually the first of the two to start programming, packaging and releasing their games for in North America for other companies systems (ie: Up'N Down).

- Coleco did an excellent job of marketing the ADAM and the unveiling at the 1983 Summer CES created an incredible buzz about the system. All the problems they had in development which led to one delay after another and then the numerous defective systems that were released was the buzz-kill.

- IIRC, there are two of those Final Test units and only one person has all the documentation on how to use it. I think $1500 is very high and there are other ADAM protos (systems and hardware add-ons) that are much more desired.

Again, not knocking the video or anything that was said as I truly appreciate John and Joe spending the considerable time they did in putting the two videos together for my favorite computer system of all-time! Thanks guys, it was a lt of fun to watch.