IGNORED

Dragon's Lair: Help!

VectorGamer

ColecoVision Brotherhood:

OK brahs I've had this game for like a year now and I'm only now getting around to playing this. But I need some tips...

On the first screen when you're descending on that disc and that guy is giving you a blowjob, how do jump off onto the platform? The disc stops below the platform and usually I'm in the middle of the disc and by the time I make my way over to the edge it's too late and the disc starts descending again. Do you have to wait by the edge and then move the joystick up and push the left fire button? How do you make the jump?

The screen with the ropes is a pain in the arse, too. The manual tells you to listen for a "woosh" sound to learn when to jump on the ropes. But, I don't hear a "woosh" sound at all. I just jump when the rope swings my direction and then when I do he dies. WTF? It works in Jungle Hunt...

The first screen the disc. I noticed I can't run and jump at the same time, he won't jump. You have to stop and jump. You usually can tell as it is decending which side the ramp is on and just make sure you are not in the middle and you are toward that side and you should have enough time.

The ropes, I never knew about the swish sound. I usually make it but sometimes I do miss. I usually just wait til it is definately almost to me and then jump.

On the Falling Disc level, the disc actually does stop in line with the platform, but the angle makes it look like it is lower. It's been a while that I actually played it seriously (probably because I played the ADAM game so much BITD), but you have the basics down in standing in the middle of the disc and then running toward the cloud face that gives you a BJ (your words not mine :P ) and then resetting yourself in the middle of the disc. Once the platform appears, make your way to the edge, stop, jump and then immediately press up on the controller when you land on the platform to make Dirk run diagonally toward the doorway and safety... I'm pretty sure it's up and not diagonally up+right, it's been a while as I said. Actually controlling Dirk on this platform can be a little dicey until you get the hang of it. Don't fret if you miss the first platform, the second platform will be on the same side on the easier skill level.

The Ropes level is really a challenge to get the hang of and timing in moving from rope to rope is imperative. Like the manual states, the "swosh" sound is very important and lots of trial and error. Once you make it to the side, get ready for the rock you are standing on to move you to the second level/floor. It took me a while to get the hang of it and even to this day, I'll still have periods where I can't get by the level... old age and slower hand/eye coordination and all.

Just like the arcade game, timing is imperative. Stick with it as some of the later levels are a ting of graphical beauty and the final fight with Singe is eye candy extraordinaire.

Alright I've been playing the poop out of this game for the last day or so and I've been able to complete the first three screens without dying.

1st screen: as another member said, you have to come to a complete stop at the ledge before jumping onto the disc. Then, what I do to jump off onto the platform is to get close to the edge as possible and miss the first platform on purpose (because there is not enough time). Then by the time the second platform comes (it's always on the same side as the previous platform) all I need to do is simply jump (since I'm already in position) to get onto the platform. You then have to move towards the exit ASAP because the platform will disintegrate.

2nd screen: I had to read the manual to figure out that you have a sword. Duh...so basically all I can say is that the player is going to have to play this screen over and over again to memorize when to move back, move forward, move left, move right and use the sword. I was getting hung up on the very last encounter with the green slime (or whatever the hell it is) and figured out that you just move right towards the exit to finish the screen.

3rd screen: to properly jump on the first rope you have to wait until the rope forms a curve almost like an "s" shape (this is the rope's extreme movement to the right). Then you can get the timing down jumping from rope to rope based on the "swoosh" sound. Repeat for the second and third level of ropes.

4th screen: This is where I need help. Move back, swing sword at the first two items that fly off the wall. Move left to avoid the anvil. Swing sword at the statue then move right to avoid the falling head. Move right again to avoid the plate and then swing sword at the statue on the right. Then what do you do? I keep dying from the statue's head bonking me on the noggin.

5th screen: This screen is intuitive. Go to the ledge of each cliff, stop, jump and then slay each monster (are they supposed to be dragons?).

6th screen: I'm still working on this one.

If I get a chance I'd like to do a YouTube video to show off the screens I've mastered and where I need help.