IGNORED

retroillucid's personal game project! Yay!

retroillucid

I've finally decide to do it!

For quite some years, I wanted to do this!

Doing a remake of my favorite game of all time; Snatcher!

The only english version available is the SegaCD version wich cost ALOT of money to get CIB

The SegaCD version is the best in my opinion! .... and it's the only version available in english, so...

I'll make a remake of Snatcher with slightly improved graphics, since why fix something that is not broken? ;)

Like I said, the SegaCD version is already perfect, but I want it to be less pixelate, hence the slightly updated graphics

I'll use all the original english text from the SegaCD version as well as the speach audio

For music, I'll have all songs remixed but staying as close as possible as the original tunes

Here's a screenshot of the SegaCD version compared to the new slightly updated graphics

Hope you like :)

post-11933-0-90595000-1391462269_thumb.png

• Like 5

This would be great on the DreamCast and I would think the conversion would be comparable to building this for a PC. ColecoVision conversion would also be great, but likely much more difficult than the DreamCast. However I would buy both if you made both! :) I would likely not buy it for the PC.

This would be great on the DreamCast and I would think the conversion would be comparable to building this for a PC. ColecoVision conversion would also be great, but likely much more difficult than the DreamCast. However I would buy both if you made both! :) I would likely not buy it for the PC.

Well, after thinking about it all the evening, I decided to make Snatcher Remake for Dreamcast

Here's how it will look like on Dreamcast

post-11933-0-78616700-1391489556_thumb.png

• Like 2

Here's a list of goal I want to achive with Snatcher DX for Dreamcast :

- Region free supporting both NTSC & PAL

- Support multiple language (At least, English, Japanese & French)

- Support Sega CD graphics along with the new DX graphics

- Get all songs remix + original Sega CD songs

- Use original english Sega CD voice tracks

- Support for VGA adapter

- Support for both Regular Controller & Dreamcast Keyboard/Mouse

- Support VMU (obviously!)

On dreamcast, it is wonderfull , not as the colecovision... but i'll buy it ! :)

Did you find the developper to do that? Don't say me it is Michel... :) ( he has great experience on Dreamcast :) )

Anyway Developping on Dreamcast is lot of easier than on CV mainly, nowaday where we have solid emulator on PC.

When i developped few little things on Dreamcast 10 years ago it was more difficult to test your games...

• Like 1