IGNORED

Looping

VectorGamer

Once I figured out that you have to shoot the rockets to get the gate to open, I began playing the poop out of this cartridge. I've been playing it on Skill 1 because it's so damn hard anyway. I'll typically crash into the pipes because I'm messing around with the joystick trying to be precise. The ending isn't that easy either - all I can say is keep firing.

Who else loves this game? Underrated IMO.

• Like 1

I love Looping. I ran into the Arcade game while at Summer Camp as a kid, and was super excited to find it for my CV back in the day. I think the music is some of the best on the CV. Successfully navigating the pipe-maze WITH drips is one of the hidden treasures/joys of owning a CV.

Without a doubt Looping is another of my personal favorites that I played the hell out of when I was younger. I absolutely love the pipe maze and the corresponding classical music and now need to play me some Looping as it's been a very long time.

BTW, you keep picking some of my CV sleepers (Congo Bongo) to discuss and there are CV games that I absolutely hate, but so far you haven't hit upon one.

I also regard Looping as a personal favorite. It is an unusual concept, mishmashing several disparate elements together - some real oddball thinking in the coin-op era. I would play it for hours and hours, just flying around the pipes level to rack up those extra points.

• Like 1

I hated Looping when I was a kid, for two reasons:

1) I had a heck of a time mastering the controls.

2) Once I finally mastered those plane controls, I could get to the end of the level rather quickly, and I was disappointed that the level wasn't longer.

But today, I'd say the game is very good for what it is. :)

I logged about another two hours playing Looping the last couple days (being off from work because of the weather). Last night I had 107K on Skill 1.

My scores are all over the place: I could score 107K and then the next game score 15K. For me I think that's the fun in playing it.

Something funny happened last night: I was in the pipe maze, pressed the speed button and I lost control of the plane. My plane went through the pipes and I didn't crash!

Looping is one of those games that's an acquired taste.

I played one at our local arcade a ton! I'm pretty sure it was a turn off for a lot of players because of the control scheme - which is very unfortunate!

For those that don't know, there is a sequel for Looping in the arcades called Sky Bumper (very rare)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfAsGXFc4Q8

• 5 months later...

Looping is one of my favorite games for Colecovision because the concept of an aerial obstacle course is an interesting gameplay change for most games on the system, of course later systems would eventually do this better but this game shows they were thinking outside the box when they could in the early 1980s.