IGNORED

Yurkie's N64 & NES RGB mods *NESRGB in Stock US Distributor*

Yurkie

Just got back my NES from a modding job by the Mr. Yurkie...
My RGB modded NES looks AMAZING on my big TV (plus the Framemeister), and as an added bonus, he cleaned and reworked the ol' 72 pin connector so it works perfect once again.

Like a brand new console with beautiful video! The mod looks incredibly professional and clean as well. Definitely not an amateur.
Here's a few images showing off the work and results.

(FYI, I donated the green LED for the console light. Normally he does blue, but he went with my silly request. ^_^)
f6AZCKR.jpg

Dk6sSdG.jpg

S3RvyOO.jpg

fPrUK6F.jpg

9R8qwMB.jpg

dfGD8YH.jpg

The final two screenshots are the Legend of Zelda side by side (persay) with and without the scanlines you can add with the Framemeister. (Everything above has scanlines.)

WITHOUT SCANLINES!
I3ZdqTi.jpg

WITH SCANLINES

TGma6dW.jpg

EDIT - Sorry about the random angles of the TV pictures. I don't have a capture device, and I took the pictures from a few different angles without thinking about it. >_<

Edited by KeeperofLindblum
  • Like 1

I just purchased a RGB modded N64 from yurkie and wanted to confirm this cable would be the right one to use with my mini Framemeister. http://www.ebay.com/itm/161569281372

Thanks guys.

You are asking about using with the Framemeister so the answer is NO. It is wired Euro SCART. You need a cable wired JP-21 (Japanese 21) RGB. You can probably put a note in the paypal payment and ask to have it wired JP-21. This person is an awesome seller.

If you where asking if this would be the cable to use with the HD Video Converter the answer would be yes, becasue that device uses Euro SCART for input not JP-21.

Edited by Yurkie
  • Like 1

You are asking about using with the Framemeister so the answer is NO. It is wired Euro SCART. You need a cable wired JP-21 (Japanese 21) RGB. You can probably put a note in the paypal payment and ask to have it wired JP-21. This person is an awesome seller.

If you where asking if this would be the cable to use with the HD Video Converter the answer would be yes, becasue that device uses Euro SCART for input not JP-21.

Thanks yurkie! You're absolutely right. You answered two questions I had and I think I'll be ok, because I have from this seller a euro scart cable to use with the framemeister http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micomsoft-XRGB-Mini-powered-sync-stripper-adaptor-for-SCART-to-XRGB-Mini-8-pin-/161621505666?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a1647682

So I'm assuming I am ready to go :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I received my RGB modded N64 from yurkie and it's great. This is the best possible picture you'll ever get out of the N64. This is a good thing since the N64 needs all the help it can get in that department.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello. I'm obviously new to this site. I signed up after finding this thread! I have questions regarding RGB on N64.

Now, I recently purchased a modded N64 with RGB. It has an nus cpu 03 board and the seller claims he used the THS7314 with a dip8 adapter method. It arrived on Saturday and I was excited to use it. I have a fairly new 50 inch Samsung HDTV and I use this rare but affordable Chinese SCART to HDMI converter. It works great. It's featured in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS55pmLIEjA

Even 32x games like Virtua Fighter look vibrant and crisp! The Sega Saturn looks excellent.

Anyways, on to the issue. I attempt to plug this sucker in with my trusty UK SNES SCART cable, turn it on and...oh geez. It's dark and muddy. It reminds me of a slightly improved composite output, but really dark. A little like using a cheap S-Video cable on a bone stock N64. I was furious. Even Perfect Dark with its 640x480 option still looked blurry and dark. It absolutely baffles me that older 3D games like Virtua Fighter on the 32x or Nights on Sega Saturn look sooo much better. So naturally, I suspected either this wasn't modded with RGB at all or this guy just did a poor job. I'll admit, I don't know much about the actual installation process of RGB (Hence why I'm here), but something seems off.

He claims that it'll vary from set up to set up. He also says that using an xrgb mini is the only way it'll look good. But I just get this hunch that it would at least look fairly decent with the current converter I use, with the reasons stated above. So the bottom line question is, did this guy do a poor job or do you really need to use an xrgb mini Framemeister?

Hey guys, I have the same converter (Scart to HDMI) that Trickle uses (I currently use it for my Genesis and it works great). Would it work with the NESRGB? I am seriously thinking about adding the mod to my NES, but don't want to spend more on another converter or upscaler.

Also, with the NESRGB kit, so I need to buy an additional cable to go to scart?

Thanks.

Spamshop you can use a cable wired EURO SCART that uses either csync or Composite video for sync with your scaler.

The Framemeister output is sharper than the cheap SCART to HDMI converter, thus the huge price difference...however you will still get a very nice image.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello again, Yurkie!

Will you be one of the official modders for the Ultra HDMI N64 mod kit soon to be released? If so, I'll be one of the first in line to order one!

BTW, I recently made a couple of integer-scaled N64 profiles for the Framemeister. As usual, my profiles package can be downloaded at the bottom of my pixel purist page here: http://www.firebrandx.com/pixelpurist.html

• Like 1