IGNORED

How rare is Sylvania Intellivision System

Intellfan

I've got a couple. One CIB and one sealed. Cmart is the only other person I know with a sealed one. I assume that the USA Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack (Keyboard Component variant) is the pack in. There's also a specific Sylvania manual, warranty card (looks like a punch card), and another leaflet with playing card graphics. I'd like to know if any other literature came with it. I'd also like to know when it was released. It came out very, very early in the Intellivision's life, I think, maybe just after the test market.

OK, anyone have a Sylvania they want to trade or sell? I would give up a whole working ECS System…for a Complete in Box….maybe even with a Musical Keyboard as well. I have games too. Cash is harder at the moment…but I'm open to cash as well. It's not to complete a collection…it's for personal memorabilia.

Mattel 1

Mattel 2

Sears Super Arcade

Intv 3

Intv Super Pro

Tandyvision

GTE/Sylvania

Bandai

Digiplay 1

Digiplay 2

Nit picking alert -- the INTV 3 and INTV Super Pro are the EXACT same system, just they have different names (I think one was sold first and then the other one later). Yes, the Sears, Tandy, and Sylvania versions are all Intelivision 1's with different brandings, but they were colored different, also, I think?

Nit picking alert -- the INTV 3 and INTV Super Pro are the EXACT same system, just they have different names (I think one was sold first and then the other one later). Yes, the Sears, Tandy, and Sylvania versions are all Intelivision 1's with different brandings, but they were colored different, also, I think?

Yep. In fact 8 of them are really just the same system, with the Inty 2 and the Digi 2 being the exceptions, but when has that ever stopped many of us from collecting them all like crazy mad men? :-D After I finished the original 125 and had made a pretty big dent in the black hole of software variations, I turned my attention to CIB Inty hardware and ephemera. At this point I have around 35 different version of the boxes if memory serves, and many of them are really just sticker variations when you get right down to it. :-o I have to keep the collector in me happy somehow. :P

Yep. In fact 8 of them are really just the same system, with the Inty 2 and the Digi 2 being the exceptions, but when has that ever stopped many of us from collecting them all like crazy mad men? :-D After I finished the original 125 and had made a pretty big dent in the black hole of software variations, I turned my attention to CIB Inty hardware and ephemera. At this point I have around 35 different version of the boxes if memory serves, and many of them are really just sticker variations when you get right down to it. :-o I have to keep the collector in me happy somehow. :P

That's what happened to me, too. Just got too expensive.

Edited by intvsteve

Yep. In fact 8 of them are really just the same system, with the Inty 2 and the Digi 2 being the exceptions, but when has that ever stopped many of us from collecting them all like crazy mad men? icon_biggrin.gif After I finished the original 125 and had made a pretty big dent in the black hole of software variations, I turned my attention to CIB Inty hardware and ephemera. At this point I have around 35 different version of the boxes if memory serves, and many of them are really just sticker variations when you get right down to it. icon_surprised.gif I have to keep the collector in me happy somehow. icon_razz.gif

What about branching out to other vintage systems?

Like *gasp* Atari icon_biggrinwink.gif

What about branching out to other vintage systems?

Like *gasp* Atari icon_biggrinwink.gif

LOL! :-D Actually I do have a pretty good sized 2600 collection with around 350+ CIB, a full 7800 collection, an almost complete CIB CV collection, a complete Aquarius collection, a complete CIB Vectrex collection, a good sized O2 collection, 100+ NES, and a pretty large handheld collection and a lot of vintage gaming magazines, among other things. I have to keep myself busy while looking for new Intellivision variants. :-D

• Like 3

You ain't kidding - that is definitely a very impressive collection - don't forget to enjoy it. Now I know where to go for advice if I ever branch out from the inty - no time soon though. Just an Atari flashback 4 and the Genesis version that I got for Xmas and a handful of NES games plus my original Xbox - nothing fancy after my inty collection.

Back when I lived somewhere I could hunt locally and back when I could find classic stuff, I found a couple of Sylvanias in INTV3 boxes. Anyone else noticed this non-coincidence that makes me think the Sylvanias may have been sold in INTV3 boxes?

I think it was just a weird coincidence given that the Sylvania was produced years before the INTV3. They came in the early release big boxes as opposed to the much later and smaller silver INTV3 boxes. I'd say it was just a fluke.

Agree w/cmart - probably just a fluke.

Off topic for cmart: wtf with Isles and Nucks at trade deadline and with yesterday's game - watching 3rd period now - have no clue how Isles scored 7 goals in 1 period - wonder if that set any records for either team? Anyways, good luck to Nucks for rest of season - will need strong finish to get in playoffs. Wonder how pissed Nucks fans are over Luongo/Schneider situation? I know most Isles fans are furious over Vanek return or lack thereof:-(

• 7 years later...
1 hour ago, Sonaru said:

Does anyone have a picture of a test market release console box? Also any pictures of the serial number on the bottom of the test market console? I'm trying to collect a 1979 test market console but can't find much info on these units. Thanks!

I don’t have the system itself, but I have a test market box with Intellivision test market questionnaires included.  Serial number on the box is 000090. A few of the game pictures on the box show early prototype shots instead of the released game screens.  I have some pics around.  I’ll try to find and post.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

I don’t have the system itself, but I have a test market box with Intellivision test market questionnaires included.  Serial number on the box is 000090. A few of the game pictures on the box show early prototype shots instead of the released game screens.  I have some pics around.  I’ll try to find and post.  

Thank you! Also your low serial number helps confirms my belief that 500 units or less were sold in its test launch. 

Also I found an old newspaper image that said only Sylvania units would be available for sale by Christmas of 1979 and that Mattel's own units were further postponed. Is your test market box a Sylvania model?

Edited by Sonaru

1 hour ago, 1980gamer said:

I don't think the INTV 3 and Super Pro are the same.  One has domed keypad the other doesn't.  To me. HUGE difference.

Also, is the Arabic intellivision an 11th?

Good point. I guess it would qualify. I have all 11! Lol. I'd forgotten about this thread. I think I'm in the 60-70 range for different system boxes now. So many stickers! ?

4 hours ago, Sonaru said:

Thank you! Also your low serial number helps confirms my belief that 500 units or less were sold in its test launch. 

Also I found an old newspaper image that said only Sylvania units would be available for sale by Christmas of 1979 and that Mattel's own units were further postponed. Is your test market box a Sylvania model?

Actually it’s not.  It’s a normal Mattel branded unit.

Ill get some better pics tomorrow, but for now here’s one I had on my pad showing it with some other pieces.  

AB0F7ADF-EC49-4218-8296-40021F62C92F.thumb.jpeg.7d1e71f1e8d13ed21251d9986b9708eb.jpeg

Edited by Atari_Bill
  • Thanks 1