IGNORED

What is the best pinball table ever?

bergbros

One of my favorite pins is Black Knight 2000. A friend of mine and I own one, and it's presently at his house. We will be bringing it to the Austin Gaming Expo, and there will be a wide variety of other pins brought by the various arcade vendors attending the show.

"Give me your money!"

..Al

One thing I hate about the new pinball machines is the flashing lights on some. They seem to always go off right when the ball is in the worst place. The game seems to be designed this way. The older the game is, the longer I can last and the more points I can rack up. Defenetly no flashing lights. For the mechanical machines. I do love them the best. Make me want to say Fubar digital displays to a point.

Laters,

Josh

the best pin is twilight zone.. its easy enough for a novice to have fun with and hard enough for a good player to enjoy..

Other great pins are:

addams family

scared stiff

black knight 2000

whitewater

star wars (data east)

funhouse

If your thinking of buying a pin, stay with bally or williams..

I suck at pinball... Maybe I just got bad pinball karma or something ... But Addams Family is really cool, HIT COUSIN IT! :D

Pinball dreams on the Amiga was great too... I am actually much better with a virtual pinball .. :)

• 1 month later...

We like our Dr. Who pinball. A lot of pinball and plasma video action. 3 ball multi-ball that isn't hard to get several times for your quarter. The inflated point system is great too. What other machine can you boast of getting 3 BILLION points?

If I had the money, I think a "Bride of Pinbot" machine would look nice next to it in our basement.

Eight Ball Deluxe

YES!!! Someone on earth agrees with me on this. 8 Ball deluxe will never get old for me. My highest score to date is 11 million and i had the hang over from hell, I had people in a coffee shop watching me play which i was ignoring. Imho Addams family reinvented the pinball and basically bought pinball back to life after a few years crap releases.

I love pinball more then atari or any other video game system

I remember as a kid actually attempting to build a Pinball Machine out of Lego Technic. I didn't have enouh, and the physics coupled with the non-good-um.. scientificnes uh.. well, let's say it wouldn't have worked as well if I even had enough pieces. Plastic isn't as dense as the material they use in real PB machines. And I didn't have the "balls" so to speak.

But I had fun failing at trying to attempt it.

I've always been a big fan of pinball. I would say

my favorite is Funhouse, with the runner up being

Theater of Magic. But I will have to give honorable

mentions to Black Knight 2000, Taxi, Twilight Zone,

Whitewater, Addams Family, Rollercoaster, Bride

of Pinbot, Jurassic Park, The Shadow, and Comet.

I'm a HUGE retro junkie. When it comes to pins, there is only one that comes to mind:

D. Gottlieb's 1973 'Jumping Jack'!!

It featured 4 flippers, 2 pop bumpers, 10 drop targets and 2 kickout holes.

I LOVE THIS MACHINE!

Electra is cool, my grandpa has one, if you get 10 or more specail points it goes down to another mini pinball area right in the middle of the playing area, its really cool. I also like the one that is like a bar fight or somthing and you fight random people and alot of minigames are involved. i also like indiana jones alot

• 2 weeks later...
However.. I hear they were really buggy and prone to early deaths?

Yeah from what I understand it's the communication board that connects the pinball board to the game monitor that goes bad. It's because you basically have an arcade machine and a pinball machine in one. All the more stuff to go bad.

I played it once or twice at Philly. It was ok, but nothing special.

Tempest

The ones I remember loving...

Old School: Whirlwind and Eight Ball Deluxe

More Modern: Street Fighter II, Jurassic Park (8-Ball Multiball, baby!), Star Trek TNG, and of course Addams Family. Twilight Zone was nifty too.

• 4 years later...

I had a lot of favorite tables, and found it hard to choose.

My most favorite was Jurassic Park. Aside from that, I also enjoyed Fish Tales, Doctor Who, Twilight Zone, the original Star Wars, The Machine (Bride of Pin-Bot), and Maverick.

It's hard to decide which sounds were better between "Feed T-Rex!", "It was, it was, it was THIS BIG!!" (followed by the words "total lie" on the fish tales screen), or Maverick's high speed version of Amazing Grace.

Jurassic Park gets props for being very exciting and seven ball chaos mode.

Doctor Who gets props for the theme!

Fish Tales is just plain whacked, and hilarious to listen to.

Twilight Zone had the plastic ball and magnetic flippers as mentioned above (five years ago).

The Machine has a slick look to it, and the face i just freaky when it has no eyes.

Maverick is just relaxing to play, IMO.

Jurassic Park gets props for being very exciting and seven ball chaos mode.

Seven!? I thought it was six.

The Chaos mode on Jurassic Park is one of the best wizard mode sequences I've seen on any machine. It's a little annoying that one is usually limited to one multi-ball per game, and thus one chance to score the super CHAOS bonus, but having two shots that are worth 600M each if you have all six balls in play when you make them is pretty cool. As it happens, I've never netted even close to 1.2B worth of super-jackpot shots, but I think I've gotten 500M or 600M.