IGNORED

What is the best pinball table ever?

bergbros

Perhaps it is six balls. The machine will keep shooting them in as fast as you can lose them. Also, you aren't limited to one multi-ball unless the Control Room or Bunker is broke. Even then, though you can't get Raptor two-ball, you can still light tri-ball multiple times.

You can get to Chaos from tri-ball or Raptor two-ball alike. Shooting a certain set of targets along the sides of the table will light tri-ball, and IIRC, it lights automatically on the player's third turn.

It is also possible to re start Chaos for a few seconds after it has ended. I vaguely recall once or twice of going through Chaos after lighting tri-ball by hitting the right targets, then getting into Chaos again on the third turn using the pre-lit tri ball. Another of my favorite strategies was to hit the smart missile as Chaos was ending--this would sometimes restart Chaos.

Generally the long ramp's jackpot was worth half the value of the Helicopter Pad's jackpot. It sure was a pain to hit the Helicopter pad with all that action going on the board. The Smart Missile would hit the Helicopter Pad every time, though. Another thing that helped was the placement of that flipper on the top half of the table, and the fact that you could hit either jackpot multiple times. It seemed that when you got into a groove, you could lap the Helicopter Pad three or four times in a row.

Edited by shadow460

Perhaps it is six balls. The machine will keep shooting them in as fast as you can lose them. Also, you aren't limited to one multi-ball unless the Control Room or Bunker is broke. Even then, though you can't get Raptor two-ball, you can still light tri-ball multiple times.

You can get to Chaos from tri-ball or Raptor two-ball alike. Shooting a certain set of targets along the sides of the table will light tri-ball, and IIRC, it lights automatically on the player's third turn.

The Tri-Ball can be done multiple times per game, but it is much harder to light it the second time than the first. There is a timed Tri-Ball restart if you lose it without getting at least one jackpot, but if you drain you can't get that.

The wizard sequence is to start Tri-Ball, hit the jackpots, and spell CHAOS with at least two balls in play. This will start six-ball mode. Spell CHAOS again to light the T-Rex for 250,000,000. Score the T-Rex and both jackpots will light for 100M times the number of balls in play; they will remain lit until either they are collected or the player falls below two balls in play.

Another of my favorite strategies was to hit the smart missile as Chaos was ending--this would sometimes restart Chaos.

In Tri-Ball, if you haven't yet gotten a jackpot and you're losing your second ball, don't hit Smart Missile. You'll get the jackpot but lose the chance to restart Tri-Ball. If you have gotten the jackpot, the Smart Missile will give you CHAOS and start six-ball play. This may be useful if you're losing your second ball. As a special trick, it's worth nothing that Smart Missile hits the letters of "CHAOS" in sequence. Thus, if you have "-HAOS" and you hit Smart Missile, you will be awarded the "C", spelling "CHAOS", and then credited with "-HAOS" for the second Chaos.

My preferred strategy is to try to spell the first CHAOS without using the Smart Missile. If I'm going to fall out of multi-ball without having finished it, Smart Missile. If I complete the first CHAOS without Smart Missile, then use SM immediately on the second Chaos.

Whirlwind (I got the wizard's bonus on that machine. I had to go home with 6 free games on the machine.)

Black Knight

Space Shuttle

South Park

I would LOVE to play Black Hole. I played it on Gottlieb's collection ps2 disc, and fell in love with it. I can't wait to play the real thing.

AS with any other game, I tried to play as long as possible even at the sacrifice of points. I would hit the Smart Missile in the same situations above. Most of the time, however, I'd wind up hitting it just as my last ball drained. This would start tri ball, and about half the time, I'd hit CHAOS from that.

One of my favorites was Black Knight 2000, having that one small area ("upstairs", I guess you could call it?) with the small flippers in there. Space Invaders was a badass too, and as for the more recent stuff, I liked the miniature Star Wars Episode I pinball.

This is actually one of my favorite pins as well.. A friend and I actually co-own one of these machines (it's at his place in Austin right now). :)

..Al

Wow! Glad to see there are still pin fans out there!

I couldn't pick just one table... there are too many greats!

Here's my current top 10 in no particular order:

1. Black Knight
  2. Funhouse
  3. Firepower
  4. Taxi
  5. Laser War
  6. Whirlwind
  7. Haunted House
  8. Space Shuttle
  9. The Addams Family
  10. Centaur II

I own a very good "Black Knight Limited Edition" and a well worn "Comet" which is a cool game.