IGNORED

Lessons you have learned from video games.

adamchevy

* Save Often.

* If you can't change the game - put in a new one.

* "I could make a better game!" Is not just statement: it's a way of life.

* Having a family is like owning a Sega Genesis, CD and 32x. Now you can't afford any fun games and don't have enough outlets even if you could.

* Children are like buying a Gizmondo. You try to convince everyone it was a great deal otherwise the truth would crush you.

• Like 4

In pre-apocalyptic civilizations, everybody keeps quantities of ammunition and first aid kits randomly lying around on the unlikely chance it's up to one person to scavenge their homes, offices, workplaces, and other locales for resources to slay untold hordes of demons/zombies/aliens/monsters after everyone else has been killed off.

Watch out for bottomless pits. They're everywhere.

If someone has a gun pointed at you, don't fret: Bullets move slow enough to easily duck or jump over. You usually just need to duck.

The world is neatly divided up into small sections of desert, ice, water, quicksand, jungle and fire/lava. You might also run into a dangerous chemical factory every once in awhile. .

• Like 2

If you perchance enter a small village with some houses and shops, feel free to barge into peoples' homes uninvited, explore around, and ask them about stuff. They won't mind.

Also feel free to break pots and objects for money and herbs, steal anything that isn't nailed down, sleep in their beds without their permission, and leave the front door wide open when you leave.

• Like 3

If you want a well-written story with deep, compelling characters and an interesting plot, read a book.

This is one I actually disagree with. I could count numerous games right now that had great stories, compelling characters, and a interesting plot....better then some books I've read and movies I've seen. :)

• Like 1

This is one I actually disagree with. I could count numerous games right now that had great stories, compelling characters, and a interesting plot....better then some books I've read and movies I've seen. :)

Games based directly on books (as opposed to games based on movies that were made from books) would be an interesting topic.