IGNORED

Using SCART to HDMI on Atari Jaguar

crusherbad64

Hmm, even the Atari SCART cables can be iffy, but usually you miss some of the audio or just some of the colour channels and a wiggle "fixes" it. Can you check continuity of the pins through the cable? I can't offer much more than that, sorry :/

I have the same SCART>HDMI box you're using and I had the exact same problem. The good news is that I was able to get everything working; the bad news (depending on your skill level) is that I had to modify my SCART cable. This post from Zerosquare provided me with the solution I was looking for.

Here's what I wound up doing (see attached pic):

1. Disconnected the wire on pin 16 and tucked it to the side (in case I ever want to undo the mod)
  2. Connected a 150 ohm resistor to pins 8 and 16.

I consider my soldering skills to be slightly above "shamefully embarrassing" but I was able to pull this off. Just be gentle after you remove the plastic cover on the SCART connector; some of the wires look like they could easily break off if they were bent or snagged.

post-17680-0-70568000-1394249686_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have the same scart cable and HDMI converter and it looks like the signal from the Jaguar RGB is being drop and picked up over a over again. The little box in the lower left corner only shows up when the incoming signal changes. I to have problems getting my Jaguar to work with this converter box. I normally get 5 to 20 min. of video then it will drop the signal and picks it back up again. I've tried the converter with a RGB Modded N64 and Amiga CD32 and they both don't have a problem with dropped signals.

I also have one of those cheap SCART to Component converter that are all over eBay and the Jaguar works fine with it but recording devices like the hauppauge hd pvr and Elgato Game Capture HD don't like the component output and will not record video for the converter.

[ebay]221156873851[/ebay]

Edited by twoquickcapri

that was unexpected, i actually have a scaler that can force 16:9 back to 4:3, i'm guessing scaling from one source then re-scaling from another would distort the video somehow but PAL to NTSC is what I need it for as I have an NTSC console with RGB expansion module. might try it out... i probably should've read your post a little more thoroughly rather than just cutting out where it says "does not work on jaguar".

are there any issues with the image quality like softened or jerky picture with games like roadkill that have alot of scrolling?

• 5 months later...

I have the same SCART>HDMI box you're using and I had the exact same problem. The good news is that I was able to get everything working; the bad news (depending on your skill level) is that I had to modify my SCART cable. This post from Zerosquare provided me with the solution I was looking for.

Here's what I wound up doing (see attached pic):

1. Disconnected the wire on pin 16 and tucked it to the side (in case I ever want to undo the mod)
  2. Connected a 150 ohm resistor to pins 8 and 16.

I consider my soldering skills to be slightly above "shamefully embarrassing" but I was able to pull this off. Just be gentle after you remove the plastic cover on the SCART connector; some of the wires look like they could easily break off if they were bent or snagged.

attachicon.gifSCART mod .jpg

Thanks for this, i can finaly play my French scart Atari 7800 on my Sony Bravia TV :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1