IGNORED

Skunkboard production batch. Declare list.

willyvmm

Skunkboard production batch.
Declare list.
Hi.
As I promissed on SillyVenture 2013, I will manufacture a batch of SkunkBoards.
To start the batch, I need minimum 100 declarations of buy. (25 at This Moment)
Price will be €65 (ca. $91 atm) + shipping, if you declare buy until deadline: 23.03.2014.
And €75, if you will not declare and it will be something taht was not sold.
The price is including VAT, and all taxes in EU.
If You live outside EU, Import duties may apply or something.
The license will be Donationware: Do you like it? - Donate to the designers.
This announce will be published on more places, so remember to put yourself only in one of them.
Thanks.

Put me down for one when they become available! :)

Well, there have been more than 75 replies to this thread, and without going through them all, assuming each is someone saying they want one, plus the 25 to start, it looks like this production will happen. Even if there are replies that aren't stating they want one, like this one, it's real close!

• Like 2

I highly doubt there is 100 developers currently, so my guess is that a great part of orders will be speculative buyers that will try to eBay them.

not necessarily, many, like myself, actually want them to load up betas and hacks like Doom 2. I had to sell my last one off because I had bills to pay, not to speculate, though I obviously tried to make a profit, because I needed it for bills. But if I can help it, I want one to buy and keep as long as I have a Jaguar (which I hope is the rest of my life). My intention was never to sell before, or to speculate, but sometimes life happens and we have no choice.

• Like 2

not necessarily, many, like myself, actually want them to load up betas and hacks like Doom 2. I had to sell my last one off because I had bills to pay, not to speculate, though I obviously tried to make a profit, because I needed it for bills. But if I can help it, I want one to buy and keep as long as I have a Jaguar (which I hope is the rest of my life). My intention was never to sell before, or to speculate, but sometimes life happens and we have no choice.

Same boat as you. Not a developer, but would just like one to load up betas and other demos without having to burn a cd and roll the dice on my jag cd having a good day.

Well, there have been more than 75 replies to this thread, and without going through them all, assuming each is someone saying they want one, plus the 25 to start, it looks like this production will happen. Even if there are replies that aren't stating they want one, like this one, it's real close!

Total order as of reply #86 is about 61. One order for 4 and several for 2. But that is just for AA. Willyvmm did say he was posting in several places.

I think I read that there's something you have to remove to make it fit into an empty cart shell?

Those pesky jtag pins and (ymmv) the regular-sized USB sockets that (afaik) have never been used for anything more than a handy backup if the mini USB snapped off. Protecting the cable from pulling on the mini USB socket is the most important thing from experience, it's not really the kind of port you should be fiddling with too often, more like an internal component you attach once and forget about it.

I'm sure most people have a dupe Cybermorph or something else common to sacrifice to enable safe skunk use :0)

Ok...thanks Sh3, well I am totally unfamiliar with boards inside shells for the Jag per se.

Should I obtain an empty shell and then just see how I go once the skunk arrives?

Do you have a dremel or something similar? If not, I could quickly hack at a jag shell for you, but let's wait until the skunks arrive and see what we're dealing with :0)

Those pesky jtag pins and (ymmv) the regular-sized USB sockets that (afaik) have never been used for anything more than a handy backup if the mini USB snapped off. Protecting the cable from pulling on the mini USB socket is the most important thing from experience, it's not really the kind of port you should be fiddling with too often, more like an internal component you attach once and forget about it.

I'm sure most people have a dupe Cybermorph or something else common to sacrifice to enable safe skunk use :0)

I put mine in a case with the USB ports intact, I also ground out the case on the back so the JTAG pins didn't have to come off...

I also got a couple empty cases from Best so I didn't have to sacrifice anything.

I put mine in a case with the USB ports intact, I also ground out the case on the back so the JTAG pins didn't have to come off...

I also got a couple empty cases from Best so I didn't have to sacrifice anything.

What rev was that? I remember my rev 2 skunks having pretty long pins sticking out and drilling holes for the first ones and simply clipping them down with others. Never liked the idea of putting pressure on those large USB sockets without cutting out holes... it does "fit" but not nicely.