IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Do you like sports? Sure, we all do. :-D

So this evening were with Jason from GaveRaveTV discussing his favorite Neo-Geo sports titles. The games that the kind sir has chosen is his personal favorites. I always enjoy listening to individuals top choices on their consoles that they love! :)

Thank you Jason for sharing this with us! :thumbsup:

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This morning, were with a happy married couple by the names of Johnny & Kim from HappyConsoleGamer. The duo will be playing Robo Army with funny commentary from them and expresing their views towards this entertaining brawler as well. Hope you enjoy them playing!

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

For those that're still interesting. Kraut Buster LE AES versions of both ENG & JPN will be available until 31st of December. Now's the time to act soon if you're still in the market for both or either one! :)

http://www.ngdevdirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=85

http://www.ngdevdirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=86&osCsid=18cfe85d1cf6de79e1f5cd5984323d3a

Pre order / advance order / precommande / la reserva / Vorbestellung
Ships in late 2016.

Notice: this item has a long waiting time >6 month.

This product will be removed from the shop after 31th December 2015

To be kept informed about this item you can join the shop newsletter, follow us on Twitter or Facebook.

kb_aes_re_eng_front_spine_shop_180px.png kb_aes_re_jpn_front_spine_shop_180px.png

Click to enlarge

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Well, spinmaster, puzzle bobble 2, and my turf masters double arrived today. I plugged half a credit into spinmaster, and then I started sneaking credits on puzzle bobble 2 before the wife got home. I'm not supposed to play it by myself, because I get "too good."

And yes, puzzle bobble 2 is the correct size--the odd picture from the other post must have been trick of the camera. (if the bottom of turf masters was visible it would have been easier to figure out) I'm also a bit surprised, but all 3 games were legit (really shocked given the price). Not that I've totally converted into a legit game snob, but I do notice that I've started opening carts up first thing after pulling them out of the mailbox, now.

I'm still waiting for plexiglass polish and a terminal block for my controller, but the vinyl artwork did also come back from the printer today. Looks like it will fit:

P5KB39z.jpg?1

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

I am looking to purchase a consolized MVS. Do you guys have any suggestions as to where is a good place to order one? Is there anything out there that I can get in the $400 range?

Thanks

Hi Neo,

You can ask the good people at Jamma Nation X to help you make a good CMVS for you. Also Xian Xi at neo-geo.com can surely help you out as well.

Then you have the Omega and the Analogue Interactive. But It would be over the price range of $400.

http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/

https://www.arcadeworks.net/omega-neo-geo-mvs-home-console

http://www.analogue.co/pages/analogue-store

Hope this helps Neo! If you need any further assistance, let us know! :)

Anthony...

Well, spinmaster, puzzle bobble 2, and my turf masters double arrived today. I plugged half a credit into spinmaster, and then I started sneaking credits on puzzle bobble 2 before the wife got home. I'm not supposed to play it by myself, because I get "too good."

And yes, puzzle bobble 2 is the correct size--the odd picture from the other post must have been trick of the camera. (if the bottom of turf masters was visible it would have been easier to figure out) I'm also a bit surprised, but all 3 games were legit (really shocked given the price). Not that I've totally converted into a legit game snob, but I do notice that I've started opening carts up first thing after pulling them out of the mailbox, now.

I'm still waiting for plexiglass polish and a terminal block for my controller, but the vinyl artwork did also come back from the printer today. Looks like it will fit:

Boy Reaper,

The more I keep read about this, the more I want to see this project complete. It sounds like it will be a great joystick once its complete!

Can't wait! :).

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with the Iceman from Iceman's Game Room. After doing the fantastic 3 part series of his Neo Geo X purchase. Iceman continued by doing a bonus video of his favorite series from the SNK library. To him, the Samurai Shodown franchise is his tops.

Thank you kind sir for the video and the shout out to the Neo-Geo thread. Much obliged and keep up the great work! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB61giNkLFg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi Neo,

You can ask the good people at Jamma Nation X to help you make a good CMVS for you. Also Xian Xi at neo-geo.com can surely help you out as well.

Then you have the Omega and the Analogue Interactive. But It would be over the price range of $400.

http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/

https://www.arcadeworks.net/omega-neo-geo-mvs-home-console

http://www.analogue.co/pages/analogue-store

Hope this helps Neo! If you need any further assistance, let us know! :)

Anthony...

Thanks Anthony. I think I will get the Omega CMVS. I will end up selling my MVS-AES converter.

• Like 1

Thanks Anthony. I think I will get the Omega CMVS. I will end up selling my MVS-AES converter.

Good call. The omega may cost a good bit more than $400, but it's still a huge bargain for what it is.

Speaking of which, when it arrives, please let us know how the virtual memory card works out. There aren't any videos of it that I've seen, and my omega doesn't have one. I'm hoping to hear that it can be set not to nag people about continuing their games all the time, and just saves scores.

------------------------------------

In other random news, I ordered a smallcab supergun today. Happy xmas to me, I suppose. Its controllers appear neo geo compatible, but in a nice saturn form factor, and are fairly inexpensive, so I grabbed a couple. I don't have any jamma boards at the moment (outside of mvs units, of course), but I'm thinking I might like to own something in the gradius or parodius series'. Sadly, I still have no way to do vertical video, so I'm rather limited shmup-wise.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

You're Welcome Neo. Good call. :) If you have any other concerns, let us know and will get back to you :)

The Omega is also on my want list for the longest time. Its just a matter of time when I'll purchase it!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

In other random news, I ordered a smallcab supergun today. Happy xmas to me, I suppose. Its controllers appear neo geo compatible, but in a nice saturn form factor, and are fairly inexpensive, so I grabbed a couple. I don't have any jamma boards at the moment (outside of mvs units, of course), but I'm thinking I might like to own something in the gradius or parodius series'. Sadly, I still have no way to do vertical video, so I'm rather limited shmup-wise.

WOW, nice purchase Reaper. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If you like, feel free to post your video and review towards it. We would love to see your impressions on your new unit in the future! :)

Anthony...

• Like 2

For Aaron or Jarrod,

Do you guys have Stakes Winner 2 for the MVS? If so, that would be a nice game to do a video on. It's a game that I enjoying playing every now and then.

Hey NeoTurboManiac,

Sorry it has taken me so long but I have just got done posting My 1 Credit game of Stakes Winner 2 for the MVS on YouTube! I'll be posting a link shortly! Thanks again for the request!

-AaronClassicGamer

Dear Neo Elite,

Here is the 1 Credit game of Stakes Winner 2 that I promised as a request video to NeoTurboManiac! I think I did ok for one credit but I have certainly done better lol! I had a ton of fun practicing for this one! This is an extremely fun albeit a little unknown and underrated title that deserves much more attention! So I'm getting ready for a live stream on Twitch to play some Super Mario World on the SNES, I hope to see you all there and maybe I'll play some Neo Geo Title at the end! 7pm EST 12/13/15!!!

Happy Gaming

-AaronClassicGamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRGrChcaBS4&feature=youtu.be

http://www.twitch.tv/aaronclassicgamer

• Like 1

Dear Neo Elite,

Here is the 1 Credit game of Stakes Winner 2 that I promised as a request video to NeoTurboManiac! I think I did ok for one credit but I have certainly done better lol! I had a ton of fun practicing for this one! This is an extremely fun albeit a little unknown and underrated title that deserves much more attention! So I'm getting ready for a live stream on Twitch to play some Super Mario World on the SNES, I hope to see you all there and maybe I'll play some Neo Geo Title at the end! 7pm EST 12/13/15!!!

Happy Gaming

-AaronClassicGamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRGrChcaBS4&feature=youtu.be

http://www.twitch.tv/aaronclassicgamer

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for the links. Some amazing runs you did Bro. Hi Aaron,

Thank you for the links. Some amazing runs you did Bro. Make me want to go to the racetrack and bet on the ponies! :-D
Can't wait to see more Neo-Geo stuff in the future from you.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Professor G with his Neo-Geo soundtracks. This morning were going to listen to King of the Monsters OST that was available in 1991. One of my favorite titles and with the Neo-Geo community as well. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBwtZqH9uMk

Tracklist: [#133]

00:04 - Opening Demo (King of the Monsters)
00:44 - Fated City (Title)
01:22 - Select Monster
01:46 - Geon (Entirely Breaker)
04:33 - Woo (Prayer of Madness)
08:05 - Poison Ghost (Wet Dance)
11:58 - Stage Clear (Polluted Zone)
12:10 - Rocky (Pyramid Power)
15:12 - Beetle Mania (Like a Beetle)
18:32 - Astro Guy (Ugly Hero)
22:23 - Ending 1 (The News)
22:44 - Ending 2 (The News)
23:12 - Credit Roll (Cry of Lamentation)
23:50 - Continue (Once Again)
24:13 - Geon (Entirely Breaker)
26:54 - Woo (Prayer of Madness)
30:19 - Poison Ghost (Wet Dance)(w/o intro)
33:42 - Rocky (Pyramid Power) (w/o intro)
36:35 - Beetle Mania (Like a Beetle) (w/o intro)
39:23 - Astro Guy (Ugly Hero) (w/o intro)
43:08 - Game Over (Shout of Losers)

Composer: SNK Sound Team, Kazuhiro Nishida
Developer: SNK
Publisher: SNK
Release Date: 1991

- King of the Monsters Staff -

Producer & Director : Hamachi Papa
Chiff Designer: Mitsuzo
Main Designer: Tomomi
Background Designers: Taka, Sakai
Character Designers: Joe Toshiaki, Gagamaru, Yu-Zo, Y-Tick, Fuziki Boke
Main Programmer: Makoto
Assistant Programmer: Yamatan
Sound Creater: Tarkun, Konny & Ten6 Jaguars
Special Thanks: Y. Ebara, H. Tanaka, M. Yokoyama, Yoko Hiro
And Thanks to... SNK ALL STAFF
Presented by SNK

See You Next Game
-Hamachi Papa-

Anthony...

• Like 1

I suspect this was already covered, but SNK and the Humble Bundle folks are selling about twenty Neo-Geo games for ten dollars. The emulator they come with isn't terrific, but you can pluck the ROMs out of it and use them in MAME, RetroArch, or whatever. Right now I've got my NG games running on Neo.EMU, which has turned my cheapie Android stick into an arcade machine. And oh yeah, more games are supposed to be offered in the near future, so jump on this deal while you can!

• Like 1

Right now I've got my NG games running on Neo.EMU, which has turned my cheapie Android stick into an arcade machine. And oh yeah, more games are supposed to be offered in the near future, so jump on this deal while you can!

Welcome back Jess,

We would love to see some pictures or a video of you in action playing with your android stick on the Neo EMU you have. A man like yourself surely has some mad gamer skills! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This evening, were back with Ronnie from White Boy Gaming doing another superb playthough video with Metal Slug 3.

One of the best (if not the best) in the Metal Slug series that will keep you occupied for hours on end. Its no wonder way this version constantly gets ported to other systems and mobile devices!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

Back with Professor G with his Neo-Geo soundtracks. This morning were going to listen to Robo Army OST that was available in 1991. One of my favorite brawling titles and with much love with the Neo-Geo community as well. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BK6cN3FGdE

Tracklist: [#136]

00:04 - Opening
00:34 - Demo
01:01 - Stage 1
04:27 - Mid Boss
06:37 - Boss
08:01 - Stage Clear
08:05 - Stage 2
10:07 - Stage 3
12:12 - Stage 4
15:00 - Stage 5
17:33 - Stage 6
20:38 - Final Boss
22:23 - Credits
23:41 - Game Over

Composer: Yasumasa Yamada, Kazuhiro Nishida
Developer: SNK
Publisher: SNK
Release Date: Dec 20, 1991

Executive Producer: E. Kawasaki
Programmer: Oh! Butch, AЯCᗺBCOV, Shochan, MA2, Kawaii
Sound: Yamapy-1, Konny
Production Designer: Kouichi Sakita
Designer: Takeshi Kimura, Take-P, Shimachan, UG. Wada, Pinkey
Associate Producer: Finish Hiroshi
Planner: Akira Goto, Yarie

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This morning, were with a few gamers on a channel called Weekend at Logans. The group of 3 are Logan, Aarif, and Ron doing video game runs with their titles of choices. So the gentlemen decided to do a fun run with League Bowling

From the description,

"Hey guys thanks for checking out our first Lets Play of the Neo Geo arcade classic LEAGUE BOWLING hope you guys enjoy the video and all of its dorky glory. Also stay tuned for further lets plays in the future thanks a lot guys"

Anthony...

Hey huys,

Back again with Jarrod from Project COE doing his Wednesday Neo-Geo reviews.Today, were looking at Ironclad. This's a fantastic title in which I wished it had an official AES & MVS realease! A great shoot'em up that was a NGCD exclusive in Japan that helps puts a smile on your face for purchasing this game for the unit.

Jarrod (as usual) helps give the proper insight regarding the history of a game, while showing us his skillful gaming techniques to the video gaming public. Is it any wonder why so many enjoy his uploads? :-D

I believe you do as well! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hey, Harold checks out Fatal Fury: King of fighters on his youtube channel. Check it out! He never played Neo-Geo as a youngster so it is great fun giving these games a go! Cheers!

Thank you Harold for uploading this and posting it to the Neo-Geo thread. Keep up the great work. We always love seeing your Neo vids in the future!

Keep it up my friend! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hey huys,

Back again with Jarrod from Project COE doing his Wednesday Neo-Geo reviews.Today, were looking at Ironclad. This's a fantastic title in which I wished it had an official AES & MVS realease! A great shoot'em up that was a NGCD exclusive in Japan that helps puts a smile on your face for purchasing this game for the unit.

Jarrod (as usual) helps give the proper insight regarding the history of a game, while showing us his skillful gaming techniques to the video gaming public. Is it any wonder why so many enjoy his uploads? :-D

I believe you do as well! :)

Anthony...

Project Coe,

Another Great review! It makes me want a Neo Geo CD unit all the more! I have never personally played this game but every time I hear something about it I keep thinking how I missed this classic! Thanks again for sharing this!

-Aaron Classic Gamer

• Like 1