IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Excellent Jarrod.

Sounds like a good plan. I can't wait to see them. I still have to put the Atomiswave in my list of future units to finally appreciate it! :)

Anthony...

Maybe sometime this week I'll have the time to set everything up and let you know. If I can't record footage from it, then I'll have no choice but to revert back to my original plan and tackle some TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games while I wait for some new Neo Geo games to arrive :)

• Like 1

Maybe sometime this week I'll have the time to set everything up and let you know. If I can't record footage from it, then I'll have no choice but to revert back to my original plan and tackle some TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games while I wait for some new Neo Geo games to arrive :)

Great! I can't wait Jarrod. :)

The TG-16 is another favorite unit I like as well. I'll be looking forward on seeing that as well and post your uploads to the TG-16 thread if you like me to.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

SUCCESS!!!! :party:

The Official NEO-GEO Thread on Atariage.com has reached to 90 pages here on the forums! Thank you for all of your contribution to the thread everyone. Let's keep up the superb work together and move on to #100 in the immediate future.

Thank you as always.

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with stream videos. This morning, were with KWKBOX doing a run with The Super Spy, The gamer that was doing this video lasted a whopping 2:34:33 on this title. Have to give this gentleman respect on lasting that long with a game that's known for its repetitiveness.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with Professor G listening to Neo-Geo soundtracks. This afternoon, were going to listen to the King of Fighters '94.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcKesdcOo0o

Tracklist: [#147]

00:04 - The King of Fighters '94 (Title)
00:38 - The King of Fighters '94 (MVS Title)
05:57 - The Choice of Death or Humiliation (Player Selection)
06:12 - Jungle Bouncer (Brazil)
11:11 - Clear
11:18 - Hey! (England)
15:19 - Ryuuko no Hen (Mexico)
17:25 - Slum No. 5 (America)
20:13 - Napolitan Blues (Italy)
25:11 - Esaka (Japan)
29:26 - Fear (Korea)
31:45 - Psycho Soldier "K.O.F Version" (China)
35:57 - Going to R&D (Intermission)
36:27 - Duel R&D (Boss 1)
38:50 - Um... (Demo After Boss 1)
39:23 - Showdown R&D (Boss 2)
44:21 - Pre Bon (Ending 1)
44:40 - HAPPY JAH! Don't You Have It? (Ending 2-1)
47:28 - Sunset Sky Part 4 "PAPAYA Version" (Ending 2-2)
50:12 - Continue ~ Game Over

Composers: Masahiko Hataya, Akihiro Uchida, PEARL SHIBAKICHI
Developer: SNK
Publisher: SNK
Release Date: Aug 25, 1994

Executive Producer: E.Kawasaki
Producer: T.Nishiyama
Chief Director: M.Kuwasashi
Sub Director: Tomita Haruo, Yosisi Hashimoto
System Director: Toyochan
System Editer: K-Mac-Nagashima
Graphic Director: Mitsuo Kodama
Front Designer: Yoshiko Kubo, Tatsuya Shinkai, Koji Hamada, Tatsuru Murakemi, Peach Hagihara, Mai-Yamasaki, Nobunaga Oda, Megurono Mikan, Morioka Shinichi, Akihiko Nasu, Miki Asakura, Jetta, Yuichirow Hiraki, Yoshiko Ogata, Masa Sato, Kazuhiro Toba, Yujirou Hayami, Miho Uematsu, Akiko Yukawa
Back Designer: Kenta-ro, Tsugumi Maeda, Hirolin Hajime, Sahori Etoh, Eri Kohjitani, Kaori Kusunoki
Program: Shinchan-GTS, S.Fujinuki
Sound: Papaya, Bros.Hige, Pearl Sibakiti, Ackey
Voice: T.Arai, M.Usui, E.Yano, T.Inage, Y.Shima, R.Fukui, M.Nonaka, A.Maetsuka, T.Nichimura

Spacial Thanks To: Y.Tozono, Hiroto Ikuta, Mitsuru, Shinsuke, Takayuki Mizuno, Souzi Takamori, Kentarou Isomura, Hiroto Kittaka, Masa Naganuma
Hideki G.Smith, Y.Gushiken, Secret A., Ossan Kick S.O, M.Yamamoto, Hangyojin-F
Omega 1, Omega 2, Omega 3, Kiritao, Mermaid Blue, Kanitaro, Omega Z

and All SNK Staff

Produced by
SNK

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Great! I can't wait Jarrod. :)

The TG-16 is another favorite unit I like as well. I'll be looking forward on seeing that as well and post your uploads to the TG-16 thread if you like me to.

Anthony...

Sure thing :) I tried to connect the Atomiswave today, and I'm missing a male-to-female VGA connector. Grr. So I just ordered one, and will hopefully have everything I need by next week to try it out. Once I know it works, I'll have 8 weeks of Atomiswave games, and that gives me two months to score more Neo games. That shouldn't be too hard so long as people are willing to part with their goods ;)

• Like 1

Thanks, Anthony!

I can zip down to the local Radio Shack and grab something, I'm sure. I will probably move my NEO GEO to the bedroom and give it a go there. Too many plugs on the living room tv. The only game I have at this point is SUPER SPY, which isn't my favorite by any means. I look forward to a FATAL FURY SPECIAL and/or REAL BOUT FATAL FURY SPECIAL purchase one of these days.

• Like 1

Sure thing :) I tried to connect the Atomiswave today, and I'm missing a male-to-female VGA connector. Grr. So I just ordered one, and will hopefully have everything I need by next week to try it out. Once I know it works, I'll have 8 weeks of Atomiswave games, and that gives me two months to score more Neo games. That shouldn't be too hard so long as people are willing to part with their goods ;)

That's fantastic to know Jarrod. The suspense is getting to me as I'm typing! :-D

8 weeks of Atomiswave goodness is always great to start the first quarter on 2016! :)

Anthony...

Thanks, Anthony!

I can zip down to the local Radio Shack and grab something, I'm sure. I will probably move my NEO GEO to the bedroom and give it a go there. Too many plugs on the living room tv. The only game I have at this point is SUPER SPY, which isn't my favorite by any means. I look forward to a FATAL FURY SPECIAL and/or REAL BOUT FATAL FURY SPECIAL purchase one of these days.

That's even better Russ,

The faster, the better I say. If Radio Shack can assist you with your purchase to help with your Neo-Geo needs, saving time will surely benefit you than waiting patiently for it to deliver! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Recently, an interview was done with SNK/P chief Yutaka Noguchi regarding the future of the company. Here's more from the article.

http://cyberfanatix.com/2015/12/28/famitsu-interviews-snkp-games-division-chief-yutaka-noguchi/

Written on December 28th, 2015 by Yuki Yagami
Famitsu Interviews SNKP Games Division Chief Yutaka Noguchi
CSyhlSRWcAAjitK-300x123.png

Famitsu recently interviewed SNK Playmore‘s Chief of Gaming Department, Yutaka Noguchi. The interview contains the reasons of their withdrawal of the pachislot market, their comeback in game development, the reasons why The King of Fighters XIV is developed in the PlayStation 4, and their future plans in other games and licensing.

“Even as of now, we’re better known as a game company than a pachislot company…”
Yutaka Noguchi, SNK Playmore Gaming Department Executive

Summary: (from MMCafe, credit goes to Professor)

New Pachislot Regulations are one of the main reasons why SNKP decided to switch back to gaming. The new machines were going to need big changes, and when they laid down their business plans they decided it may be better to focus their resources back to gaming
– Noguchi: “Even as of now, we’re better known as a game company than a pachislot company. People still talk about us (as a game company) when we say our name.”
– When SNKP took their IPs into consideration, they decided that going back into the gaming business and taking advantage of their IP would probably be better. Also, their smartphone and Steam stuff were doing well and it helped push things in that decision
– Noguchi’s heard from many people that they’re happy SNKP is back in gaming. He says it’s a market where they can hear the user’s voices more directly, but it’s also a harsh market that consumers will go away unless the games are actually fun even if it’s based on a popular IP. He hopes they’ll create fun games with the fans becuase that should be enjoyable for their development staffs as well.
– They’re focusing on the PS4 since it’s selling well throughout the world. They’ll be focusing on KOF at first but want to make better use of their other IPs as well and to further raise their value. They have over 200 IPs in terms of titles
– They’ve been out of the gaming scene for a while so they’re basically starting off from scratch together with returning dev members
– KOF14’s main dev members are old staffs from SNK’s golden days.
– Noguchi : “A lot of staff are coming back, saying ‘hey, if it’s a new KOF’….”.
– In addition, old game staff(s) that’ve been working in the Pachislot division have also returned
– They also have talented staff members that’ve been the fans/players of KOF, and Noguchi hopes the new and old staffs will cause a synergy effect in development
– Right now in terms of console games, SNKP is focusing on KOF14’s development. Their contact at SCEA is a fan from the NeoGeo era who’s been requesting for some hardcore titles, and so they’ve been working together which is one of the reasons why some PS4 ports are in progress.
– SNKP released the Hunble Bundle 25th Anniversary set because they know their titles are well known overseas
– Noguchi predicts the Smartphone game market will still continue to grow, and SNKP will continue to focus on it. He comments that the Metal Slug series is not just popular in Japan, USA, Europe, but also Middle and South America, and Southeast Asia.
Metal Slug Attack is one of the main titles they’ll be focusing on in 2016
– In the old days SNK used to develop for arcades and then port to consoles, but Noguchi realizes that times have changed. KOF14 is being developed for console. He says that personally he’d like to release titles for the arcades as well.
They’re going to put more effort into their licensing business.
– As one of their plans, they’re going to give out licenses that’ll fit the needs of various regions. For example with Asia, they licensed KOF98 and a spinoff-app based on the game’s world view was released by a third party (KOF98OL by Tencent). They’re also hoping to license out characters, like say if Iori is popular in China and Terry is popular in North America, they’ll allow them to come out in those region’s games and whatnot
– When asked about any collaborations with Japanese companies like “Capcom vs SNK”, Noguchi laughed and commented that they’ve just restarted their game business and there’s still a far way to go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the Japanese version.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201512/28096392.html

SNKプレイモアがゲーム事業を強化 その真意をキーパーソンに直撃!
2015年11月2日、SNKプレイモアがゲーム事業の体制強化とパチスロ事業からの撤退を発表した。同社がゲーム事業に注力する理由を、ゲーム事業を統括する野口穣氏に聞いた。
文・取材 : 編集部 古屋陽一撮影 : カメラマン 鶴身健
2015-12-28 18:00:00
●あの老舗ブランドが帰ってくる!

2015年11月2日、SNKプレイモアがゲーム事業の体制強化とパチスロ事業からの撤退を発表した。かつてのSNKの“後継会社”として2001年に設立されたSNKプレイモアだが、パチスロ業界に参入するなど事業を多角化。それが、今後は『ザ・キング・オブ・ファイターズ』や『メタルスラッグ』など、SNK時代の人気IPの活用を中心としつつ、家庭用ゲーム機とスマートフォンに特化しての展開を考えているという。同社がゲーム事業に注力する理由を、ゲーム事業を統括する野口穣氏に聞いた。

[関連記事]
※『ザ・キング・オブ・ファイターズ XIV』プロデューサーインタビュー! 最新作は新旧スタッフが総力を挙げて開発
※『METAL SLUG ATTACK(メタルスラッグ アタック)』 のプロデューサーに聞く 全世界2700万DLを記録したモンスターソフトの続編はここまで進化する

567d214a287cf.jpg

SNKプレイモア
取締役 ゲーム事業本部長
野口 穣氏

■SNKブランドという圧倒的な知名度を活かして

――まずは、ゲーム事業を強化する決断を下した経緯を教えてください。
野口 大きなきっかけのひとつとなったのが、パチスロ機の規制変更です。従来のパチスロ機から大幅に性能変更しなければならないため、事業プランを再検討する必要に迫られました。それで“SNKプレイモアの強みと何か?”ということを改めて考えたときに、私たちの持つ資源をゲーム事業に集中したほうがいいのでは……との経営判断になったんです。

――SNKプレイモアの強みといえば、やはりゲーム事業だということですね?
野口 その通りです。現在も私たちは、パチスロ会社よりもゲーム会社としての認知度のほうが高いんですね。いまでも“SNKプレイモア”というと、何かと話題にしていただけます。『ザ・キング・オブ・ファイターズ(KOF)』シリーズや『餓狼伝説』シリーズ、『サムライスピリッツ』、『メタルスラッグ』シリーズなど、世界的な知名度を誇るIP(知的財産)を持っています。そんなIPを活用しながらゲーム事業に集中したほうがいいものができるのでは……と判断したんですね。それと、数年前からスマートフォンやPC(Steam)などでのゲーム開発の取組みが徐々に実を結び始めていることも、ゲーム事業に注力する決断を後押しするきっかけになりました。

――あのSNKプレイモアがゲームに注力するということで、喜んだ往年のファンも多かったのでは?
野口 はい。皆さん喜んでくださっています。「やっと元に戻った」と言ってくださる方もいます(笑)。いずれにせよ、ゲーム業界はユーザーさんとの距離が近いので、反響がよりダイレクトに伝わってきて励みになりますね。一方で、よりシビアな市場でもあると実感しています。やはり、おもしろいものを作らなかったら、いくら人気IP(知的財産)でもファンの方は離れていってしまうでしょうから。いまは、ユーザーの皆さんといっしょになって、楽しいものをどんどん作っていきたいという気持ちが強いですね。そのほうが開発スタッフも楽しいでしょうし。

――先日『KOF XIV』が発表されましたが、家庭用ゲーム機で注力するのは、やはりプレイステーション4に?

567d2c91ce2e0.jpg

▲プレイステーション4向けにリリース予定の『THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV』。発売は2016年を予定。

野口 そうですね。さきほどのお話の続きで言うと、全世界におけるプレイステーション4の好調ぶりも、当社がゲーム事業に注力する大きな後押しとなりました。家庭用ゲーム機に関しては、当面は『KOF XIV』に注力するつもりですが、当社の持つ有力IPをどんどん磨いていって、新たなIPの価値を創出していきたいと思っています。

――世界中のユーザーが望むIPは基本的に家庭用ゲーム機でも展開していきたいと?
野口 はい。なにしろ当社の所有するIPは200タイトル以上ありますので、ユーザーさんの意見を聞きながら展開していきたいです。当社は家庭用ゲーム機向けの新作に関しては、お休みしていた時期があったので、そこからかつてのメンバーが戻ってきて、もう1回復活して再スタートを切ろうという気持が強いです。

――『KOF XIV』を開発するにあたっては、ゲーム事業を中心にしていた時代のスタッフが戻ってきているのですか?
野口 『KOF XIV』のスタッフは、かつてSNK時代に主要な格闘ゲームを作っていたメンバーがメインになっています。彼らを中心にして、『KOF』の新作ならば……、ということで、多くのスタッフが戻ってきてくれています。さらに言えば、パチスロ開発からゲーム開発に復活してくれた開発者もいますね。

――それは、往年のメンバーが集うみたいな感じで壮観ですね。
野口 それに加えて、かつて『KOF』シリーズを遊んでいた才能溢れる人材も多数入ってきています。ベテランと若手の融合となります。新旧の人材が化学反応を起こして、新時代の『KOF』をお届けできるものと期待しています。

――『KOF XIV』以外では、家庭用ゲーム機向けにどのような展開を予定していますか?
野口 新作に関しては、まずは『KOF XIV』に集中します。後は、プレイステーション4向けに移植タイトルも予定しています。やり取りをしているソニー・コンピュータエンタテインメント・アメリカのご担当の方もネオジオ世代のようで、ものすごくマニアックなタイトルのご要望もいただいております(笑)。そういう意味では、ソニー・コンピュータエンタテインメント・アメリカさんといっしょになって展開している感じですね。

――移植タイトルは、往年のファンの掘り起こしのためにも有効だと言えそうですね。
野口 あと、移植ということでいうと、北米のPCゲーム・プラットフォームである“Humble Bundle”向けに、過去のネオジオ作品を中心に合計25タイトルのセット販売を期間限定で配信しました。これはネオジオが今年で25周年を迎えたことを記念してのものです。

――ネオジオの海外での知名度の高さを考えて“Humble Bundle”での展開に?
野口 そうですね。別に地域は特定せずに、そのIPが強い地域でまずは展開していくつもりでいます。

――さらには、スマートフォン向けアプリにも注力するとのことですね?
野口 はい。スマートフォンに関しては、市場の大きさが魅力です。世界的に見ればスマートフォンの普及はどんどん増えてきていますし、通信環境もよくなってきていますので、まだまだこれから伸びる市場だと思っています。当社では、昨年5月に『METAL SLUG DEFENSE(メタルスラッグ ディフェンス)』を配信したのですが、全世界で2700万ダウンロードを記録しまして、大きな手応えを感じています。『メタルスラッグ』は日本・欧米はもとより、中南米や東南アジアでの人気が高く、スマートフォンの需要の伸びと合致しているんです。

――世界的に人気のあるSNKプレイモアのIPがあればこその反響と言えそうですね。

567d2c91cbfc9.jpg

▲2016年配信予定の『METAL SLUG ATTACK(メタルスラッグ アタック)』は、前作に充実の新要素を追加したシリーズ20周年記念作だ。

野口 2016年には『メタルスラッグ』20周年を記念しての続編『METAL SLUG ATTACK(メタルスラッグ アタック)』の配信を予定しています。同作も、当社が2016年にリリースする注力タイトルになります。

――家庭用ゲーム機などのほかに、アーケードでの展開は予定していますか?
野口 往年のSNKでは、アーケードから家庭用ゲーム機への流れがありましたが、時代の変化もあり『KOF XIV』では家庭用ゲーム機向けに開発しています。もちろん個人的にはアーケードをやりたいという気持ちはあります。

■ライセンス事業に注力し、キャラクターの活用なども図る
567d21642ed50.jpg

――今後はライセンス事業も強化していくとのことですが、そちらについての方針は?
野口 当社の持っているIPを地域のニーズに合わせた内容で許諾していきます。たとえば、アジアでは『KOF ’98 アルティメットマッチ』をモチーフにしたカードゲームの『THE KING OF FIGHTERS ’98 ULTIMATE MATCH Online』が配信されているのですが、中国、香港、台湾のApp Storeランキングで1位、2位になるほどの人気となっています。IPを活用しての独自展開というのは積極的に行なっていきたいですね。

――それは、SNKの人気IPのスピンオフ的な位置づけの作品を、世界各地で展開するということですね?
野口 そうですね。あとはキャラクターですね。とくに『KOF』シリーズは個性的なキャラクターが揃っていて、各地域で人気のあるキャラクターがそれぞれ異なるんですよ。たとえば、北米ではテリー、中国では庵が人気だったりします。各地域のゲームに当社のキャラクターだけを出演させたりと……といったことも考えています。

――かつては『SNK VS. CAPCOM』なども発売されていましたが、国内メーカーとのコラボなども視野に入れていたりしますか?
野口 ゲーム事業への注力を発表したばかりなので、まだまだこれからです。いまは何とも言えません。あまり突っ込まないでいただけると……(苦笑)。今後いろいろとお話できる機会も増えてくるかと思います。新体制になって新しいタイトルをどんどん作っていきますので、これからの展開にご期待ください!

Anthony...
Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Happy New Year to all! Thank you for particiapating on The Official NEO-GEO Thread on Atariage.com, and have a successful year in 2016. :)

That being said, were back with Professor G doin Neo-Geo soundtracks once more. Will start the year with Rage of the Dragons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPB1coTWzhM

Tracklist: [#149]

00:04 - Rage of The Dragons (Opening)
00:39 - Come on! (Player Select)
01:02 - Confrontation (VS)
01:06 - All Over The Place (Intro)
01:26 - Cheer Up! (Pepe, Pupa)
04:48 - Exorcism (Elias, Alice)
08:00 - Funky Togetherness (Jones, Kang)
11:24 - Dragons Blues (Jimmy, Sonia)
14:16 - You Win!
14:23 - Beat Out (Radel, Annie)
17:25 - Violent Death (Oni, Cassandra)
20:28 - Splendid String From China (Billy, Lynn)
23:04 - Heavy Fellow (Abubo Appears)
23:26 - Exclamation (Abubo's Stage)
26:39 - An Underdog (Abubo Lose)
27:18 - Yohan Demo (Yohan Appears)
27:52 - Statelessness (Yohan's Stage)
30:44 - In The Result (Ending 1)
31:20 - Become Lively (Ending 2)
31:42 - Sad To Say (Ending 3)
32:26 - Since Then (Ending 4)
33:01 - Several Minds (Ending 5)
33:38 - Glorious Heart (Credit Roll)
36:04 - Challenger (Join)
36:05 - Don't Stop! (Continue)
36:24 - Game Over

Composer: Toshikazy Tanaka
Developer: Noise Factory
Publisher: SNK Playmore/ Evoga Entertainment
Release Date: Jun 6, 2002

-Staff-

Producer: Boss
Director: Angel Sword, Mamaro, Mamoto
Sub Director: Mr. Vo, Tetsu
Planning: Mr. Vo, Edu
Main Programmer: Mamoto
Sub Programmer: K.Ezato, H.Hisikawa
Character Design: Super Dotter K', Mr. Vo, Mamaro, Dessy, nankin, Bel Mont, Hikaru Suf, Shio Shio, Rinkenedu, Edu, Shuhey Kawasaki, Jaga Danshaku
Background Designer: Miyukichi, Kuramoyan, Reiko N, Fukkie, Mr. Vo, Darb, Shin Ryu
Illustration: Ooma Bunshichiro
Sound Produced: Studio Aqua
Testing: Belmont, Orochi, Shin Ryu, G.Miyasaki, Y.Takahasi,S.Adati, Y.Kaku, Y.Sinohara
Special Thanks: Y.Jinno, K.Ijuu, Muking, Tozani, Vic Dom Cas, Eri San, Moon Dragon, Zhila, Ryuushika, Rau, 0-841, Kaiware
And All Playmore Staff

Presented by Evoga Entertainment

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again showing maintenance & repair videos. This afternoon, were back with lukemorse1 showing us a Neo-Geo AES unit that has a concern with its audio. Its a 2 part video that will show us how to troubleshoot a concern regarding this issue and for those that will encounter a similar situation in the future!

Anthony...

Happy New Year everyone. This morning I finally got around to testing out my glorious Atomiswave with the Toro VGA box, which allows me to take the VGA signal and pass it through SCART, therefore through my XRGB-Mini ;) Anyways, it all worked perfectly well until I tried to play a game. I'll have to find out what's going on with my Jamma Nation X SuperGun as the input/output is all screwed up. Only button 2 and 4 register, the rest aren't responding. So that's quite unfortunate. I'll update once I have some info back from James from JNX.

• Like 1

Happy New Year everyone. This morning I finally got around to testing out my glorious Atomiswave with the Toro VGA box, which allows me to take the VGA signal and pass it through SCART, therefore through my XRGB-Mini ;) Anyways, it all worked perfectly well until I tried to play a game. I'll have to find out what's going on with my Jamma Nation X SuperGun as the input/output is all screwed up. Only button 2 and 4 register, the rest aren't responding. So that's quite unfortunate. I'll update once I have some info back from James from JNX.

We understand Jarrod. James at JNX does good work and he'll take care of you with no problem. Let us know how it turned out.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Hope you and your families enjoyed the holidays and new years celebrations along with it. Glad that you all were enjoying the Neo-Geo thread with the rest of the members and guest here on the Atariage forums. :)

So, now lets drive right in with one of our Atariage members, the NeoTurboManic. This morning, the great sir is doing the continuation of Neo-Geo instruction manuals that he so excellently did the last video he uploaded and shared with us. Its nice to see videos like this for the fact, that not many videos exist on the internet regarding the manuals. .

Thank you Neo for dedicating your time, your knowledge, and skills with the beloved Neo-Geo.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

JOY OF JOYS!!! :party:

The Official NEO-GEO Thread has reached over 60,000 views on the Atariage.com forums! A marvelous way to commence the new year.

Much Obliged to all of the members and guest that partake by posting, replying, and/or wanted to observe the latest on what the thread has to offer to the community. Let continue forward my friends and make the Neo-Geo thread prosper even more! :)

Thank you as always,

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Oh today was a great day. I tested my second Atomiswave board, yes I have two Atomiswave boards haha, and guess what, the diodes are shot on my first unit, but not my second. That means I'm all set :D Today after I tested the two boards out, I had just enough time to play through Demolish Fist and Dolphin Blue. So that means it's on! You can count on 8 Atomiswave reviews before I jump back to the Neo. I've put up a request on the Neo forums asking if anyone is selling a few of the remaining Atomiswave games I'm interested in, and next week I'll be making my "Looking for" thread for Neo games. I'm going to aim for a bundle deal of 10 games. That would give us quite a few more reviews :D

• Like 1

Oh today was a great day. I tested my second Atomiswave board, yes I have two Atomiswave boards haha, and guess what, the diodes are shot on my first unit, but not my second. That means I'm all set :D Today after I tested the two boards out, I had just enough time to play through Demolish Fist and Dolphin Blue. So that means it's on! You can count on 8 Atomiswave reviews before I jump back to the Neo. I've put up a request on the Neo forums asking if anyone is selling a few of the remaining Atomiswave games I'm interested in, and next week I'll be making my "Looking for" thread for Neo games. I'm going to aim for a bundle deal of 10 games. That would give us quite a few more reviews :D

Hi Jarrod,

Amazing, I didn't realize that you have two Atomiswave boards. The more, the merrier like they always say. :grin: Seeing that you plan to do the 8 Atomiswave titles reviews and the revisit the Neo-Geo is going to be exiting bro. I can't wait to see them on your Wednesday reviews as usual.

Thank you for doing them for future uploads! :)

Anthony...

i guys,

Back again with KMKBOX doing a great longplay co-op video with Neo Bomberman for the MVS. An all time classic for the Neo-Geo that will put a smile on your face for its quirky gamplay and challenging puzzles. The game IMO had great music a well. :)

From the description,

"This is a complete cooperative longplay of Neo Bomberman on a Neo Geo Omega Entertainment Machine. I am player one and my wife is player 2. I have not played much Bomberman and my wife has never played it and this is our first attempt at the game. There is no commentary during the longplay.

Game: Neo Bomberman
Platform: Neo Geo
Year: 1997"

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again with Ronnie from White Boy Gaming. This evening, the kind sir did a great playthough video with Metal Slug 4.

Thank you as always Ronnie. Keep up the great work.

From the description,

"Metal Slug 4 Arcade (2002) Playthrough!

Another awesome Metal Slug playthrough. These games get better and better. Always a crazy surprise at the end of each game. My game froze at the last boss fight so I had to redo it. But I still managed to get the whole playthrough and I didn't mess up my "WBG" initials as the end.

Metal Slug 4 (メタルスラッグ4?) is a run and gun video game for the Neo-Geo console/arcade platform created by SNK. It was released in 2002 for the MVS arcade platform and the AES game console, and is the fourth game in the Metal Slug series. Two years later, Playmore published Metal Slug 4. This was also the only Metal Slug game that was produced during SNK's bankruptcy, until its sequel was released after SNK was "resurrected" as SNK Playmore."

Anthony...

Hi guys,

It seems that NGDEVTEAM has an interest of doing AES reprints of Gunolrd in the possible future! A reply was done underneath mine on their Facebook page regarding this issue after my comment was established.

Anthony Durso That's great to see this. Will you gentleman be considering doing the original Last Hope for the AES? It saddens me that unofficial versions are circulating around Ebay for astronomical prices and they can get away with it. I would be more than glad to pre-order an AES copy of it right now!
NG Dev Team Yes we will do something like that sooner or later.
Anthony Durso Great to know this. Another title to to prepare funds for!
Benjamin Wendt Guys, PLEASE do AES reprints of Fast Striker, Neo XYX and Gunlord too. Is there a chance?
Like · Reply · 11 hrs
NG Dev Team Gunlord has a chance, not sure about others. If we do it, they get new inserts, holo numbering and labels. The future will tell...

Like · Reply · 3 hrs

Anthony Durso NG Dev Team I would love to pre-order a copy for a Gunlord AES reprint.Wouldn't mind doing the same with the other AES titles!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Today we have a remarkable video to share with our members and guests.

This evening, were with a gentleman by the Name of Richard Evans. Mr. Evans is the current world record holder for Blazing Star at the reputable Twin Galaxies founded by Walter Day. The score that is currently at 2,043,280 by Mr. Evans in which this time, he will try to surpass his high score and summit his video to Twin Galaxies to retain his title as Blazing Star champion, and to continue his legacy as a professional Neo-Geo gamer.

Can he do it? Only one way to find out! Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"This is me playing Blazing Star attempting to break my own Twin Galaxies world record of 2,043,280

This time I manage to get further than before and also collect the last LUCKY bonus letter on Stage 3. If only I had survived the Stage 3 boss my score would have been much higher... Next time!"

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224