IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back with Jarrod from Project COE doing a fantastic unboxing of Neo XYX for the MVS.

Nicely done as usual from the kind sir. Jarrod always gives finely detail information for your video game interest that helps many in the community to achieve their goals from questions, to purchasing.

Also, Jarrod just recently pre-order Gunlord and Last Hope Pink Bullets for the MVS from NG: Dev Team. So he has plenty of reasons to rejoice! :)

Sit back, relax, and dote on all of its insightful goodness that he has to offer for us! :-D

From his description section,

"Today I give you all a quick unboxing of Neo XYX for the Neo Geo MVS. It's my very first NG:Dev Team game for actual Neo Geo hardware :D I couldn't be more excited!

You can follow us on Twitter at (@Project_COE), and on Facebook (Project COE).

As always, thanks for your continued support and be sure to hit up www.ProjectCOE.com for all the latest news, reviews and special features."

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Thanks Anthony. :)

I've been getting people to purchase Crossed Swords 2 so it makes me feel great if I can introduce others to the indie and homebrew scene on the Neo :)

In January I'm going to post a thread on the official Neo forums asking for any Neo game people are willing to sell and want to see a video of :)

• Like 1

Thanks Anthony. :)

I've been getting people to purchase Crossed Swords 2 so it makes me feel great if I can introduce others to the indie and homebrew scene on the Neo :)

In January I'm going to post a thread on the official Neo forums asking for any Neo game people are willing to sell and want to see a video of :)

Excellent Jarrod.

Thant would be nice to nice that and would like to be good ol' Steve involved with you on them! :-D

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Today, fellow Atariage member Htaed7 (Noel) will be doing his top 15 games that he enjoys for the Neo-Geo! Me and aaronclassicgamer will be on Twitch with him chatting away of all of his fond memories of the Neo with his stream. We welcome you all to stop by and have fun on Saturday night with us. We will be looking forward to seeing you there.

http://www.twitch.tv/htaed7

(@6pm then @ 8pm)
Thursdays and Saturdays

Its important to note, that Noel's stream will be live from Puerto Rico and you'll need to adjust to Atlantic Standard Time to view him!

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_PR.aspx

See you all there! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Today, fellow Atariage member Htaed7 (Noel) will be doing his top 15 games that he enjoys for the Neo-Geo! Me and aaronclassicgamer will be on Twitch with him chatting away of all of his fond memories of the Neo with his stream. We welcome you all to stop by and have fun on Saturday night with us. We will be looking forward to seeing you there.

http://www.twitch.tv/htaed7

(@6pm then @ 8pm)

Thursdays and Saturdays

Its important to note, that Noel's stream will be live from Puerto Rico and you'll need to adjust to Atlantic Standard Time to view him!

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_PR.aspx

See you all there! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Were on now. Come join us! :)

Anthony...

This game is currently in my Cab!

Marvelous evile!

Can't go wrong with a great brawler like Mutation Nation in your big red unit. Thank you for posting your pictures of your Neo-Geo cabinet, with the rest of your wonderful collection of video games! :)

Keep up the wonderful collecting and see you soon on the Neo-Geo thread! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning were with Game Sack that did a great video regarding the Neo-GeoAES and MVS. A comical upload that's also informative to watch as well. I'm sure you're going to like it. :)

From the description,

" Episode 155 - This is it! The most powerful system ever created in the history of time!! At least that's what Chad the mighty Game Lord at SNK would have you believe. Correspondence with him back in the day as well as SNK's ads are what prompted the 'tude of this episode."

Anthony...

• Like 1

So I've got a bit of a mystery on my hands today. While I was searching ebay for MVS games, a low-priced, buy-it-now lot popped in that included puzzle bobble 2. At this price, I didn't really care if they were boots or not. I knew I had to be quick, and bought before too many people could have seen it. Now, looking closer at the picture, I've got a real mystery on my hands. The MVS carts appear to be significantly different widths. Has anybody seen anything like this before?

• It could be a trick of the lens, but it sure doesn't look like it.
  • MVS slots are quite sensitive to carts being too big, but too small would probably be okay.
  • Could one of these be a pirate AES cart in an MVS-style shell? (why would such a thing exist?)

What gives?

fJnazzl.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Well guys i'm back and as promised, the links to our fun "top 15 Neo Geo Games" stream today.

Many thanks to Anthony and Aaron classic gamer for being part of the chat and having a great time with me

there. hope you guys enjoy it for what it is, a good time! :)

(Cont, from last post) ...And part 2 of the top 15, with my Top choice being the last one featured...enjoy guys and good night! :)

Hey Noel,

Had plenty of fun with your streams last night with Aaron. Thank you for doing your top 15 on the Neo-Geo and was perfect from the beginning to the end. We must do this again in the future. :)

Keep up the great work my friend!

Anthony...

So I've got a bit of a mystery on my hands today. While I was searching ebay for MVS games, a low-priced, buy-it-now lot popped in that included puzzle bobble 2. At this price, I didn't really care if they were boots or not. I knew I had to be quick, and bought before too many people could have seen it. Now, looking closer at the picture, I've got a real mystery on my hands. The MVS carts appear to be significantly different widths. Has anybody seen anything like this before?

• It could be a trick of the lens, but it sure doesn't look like it.
  • MVS slots are quite sensitive to carts being too big, but too small would probably be okay.
  • Could one of these be a pirate AES cart in an MVS-style shell? (why would such a thing exist?)

What gives?

Hey Reaper,

it could be just the design that it was intended to be seeing that Puzzle Bobble2 was a Taito developed title on the Neo-Geo to make it unique maybe. :?:

Either way, I wish I was fortunate like you and others here on the forums that have luck on good deals on the internet. Its been years since I have any good bargains as of late. :(

Despite, the concerns Reaper, its still nice to have these games in your collection. Good eye and glad that you acquired them! :)

Anthony

Hi guys,

Back again with Ronnie from White Boy Gaming. This evening, the kind fellow did an exciting run of Metal Slug for the MVS. Ronnie does good for himself in videos games and does excellent playthoughs with Neo-Geo titles in which I'm sure you all have to agree!

Thank you Ronnie. Keep it up my friend! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hey, Harold has a go on Street Slam for the 1st time & really enjoys it. Here are the results! :)

Thank you Harold for posting this! A wonderful job as usual and Street Slam (Street Hoop) is a true enjoyable sports game that everybody certainly likes! :)

Keep up the good work my friend! :thumbsup:

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This morning, were with a gentleman by the name of Mike from RETRO Buyer's Guide that will be reviwing the Neo-Geo CD ! Mike enjoys discussing retro video games and consoles that he shares his individual point of view regarding them. Mike surely is dedicated to his work and helps the consumer that has concerns for a particular piece that he/she is interesting on acquiring.

RETRO Buyer's Guide certainly lives up it its title on serving the video game community and you'll be convinced that Mike surely puts his heart & soul into every upload that he provides to us to ensure the quality of a game, system, and service that he offers to video gamers like yourselves! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with Ronnie from White Boy Gaming. This evening, the kind fellow did an exciting run of Metal Slug for the MVS. Ronnie does good for himself in videos games and does excellent playthoughs with Neo-Geo titles in which I'm sure you all have to agree!

Thank you Ronnie. Keep it up my friend! :)

Anthony...

Thanks a lot for posting for me, Anthony.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with Jarrod from Project COE doing another entertaining Neo-Geo reveiw. This morning, were going to look at Far East of Eden:Kabuki Clash for the MVS. A title that was developed for the Neo-Geo by Hudson Soft in 1995, Kabuki Clash is a quirky, humorous, yet exciting 2D fighter that will keep you occupied for hours on ends.

A strangle title, but Jarrod here has always been able to give you a rational/logical look on video games on his perspective that will convenience you to play games that even you would take into consideration. :)

Nice job as usual Jarrod. Thank you for sharing your videos with the community. Keep up the great work as always! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

If any of you Neo fans have any titles you're looking to part with, shoot me a message because I'm currently looking for a few more games to keep the reviews coming into February. Currently I have reviews queued until January 20th, but I would really like to cover a few more.

Thanks for the kind words Anthony :D

PS - Crossed Swords II hit my #5 on my top games of 2015. So huge congrats goes out to Raz and NeoBitz.

• Like 1

If any of you Neo fans have any titles you're looking to part with, shoot me a message because I'm currently looking for a few more games to keep the reviews coming into February. Currently I have reviews queued until January 20th, but I would really like to cover a few more.

Thanks for the kind words Anthony :D

PS - Crossed Swords II hit my #5 on my top games of 2015. So huge congrats goes out to Raz and NeoBitz.

You're welcome Jarrod. I made an error trying to say "convince" instead of convenience. :roll:

I just have a dreadful habit of doing typing mistakes without proofreading as of late!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Today were back with Cyrus Martin talking about the Humble Bundle website celebrating the Neo-Geo's 25th anniversary with exciting classics and doing something beneficial at the same time. Mr Martin is the honorable Texan that recently explained to as why (from his individual point of view), NAM-1975 was his all time favorite Neo-Geo game ever.

Now Mr. Martin is back on why you should support Humble Bundle with good intentions with their games at discounted games, charities, and supporting the Neo-Geo at the same time! This certainly worth looking into.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCzAjZN8QGM

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, were with a gamer known as "The Iceman" that did an extensive 3 part video regarding the Neo Geo X. Iceman felt that his purchase was worth every dollar and he wanted to share his experience with us on the NGX! He also believes that many should give the unit a second chance seeing it does have plenty of perks to it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rusl_EFMck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKq2clzzyBw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emB2GjpvPkI

Anthony...