IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hopefully everyone is enjoying the holiday season. I got a good one for you guys. What are your Top 10 Favorite Neo Geo games that are not fighters? Limit of one game per series, unless you can't come up with other games. Here are my 10 favorite non fighters for the Neo Geo in no particular order:

1. Baseball Stars 2

2. Windjammers

3. Neo Turf Masters

4. Super Sidekicks 3

5. Shock Troopers

6. Blazing Star

7. Metal Slug

8. Sengoku 3

9. Spinmaster

10. Blue's Journey

Hi Neo,

Thank you for your interest on how our holiday season is going and an excellent topic regarding the top 10 non fighters for the Neo-Geo.

Nice selection you have bro. I'll be glad to add my top 10 at this current time. Its subject to change though. But here it is.

1. 3 Count Bout.

2. Magician Lord.

3. King of the Monsters.

4. View Point.

5. Sengoku 2

6. Mutation Nation

7. Burning Fight

8.Puzzle Bobble

9.Neo Drift Out

10. Street Hoop.

Anthony...

• Like 1

First off, Merry Christmas/Happy holidays to everyone in this awesome forum.

glad to see you doing well NeoTurboManiac, guess these would be mine... (I'm guessing you already know my fighters anyways jeje)

1) Prehistoric isles 2

2) 1945 Plus

3) Blazing Star

4) Metal Slug X

5) Magician Lord

6) Shock Troopers 2nd squad

7) Sengoku 3

8- Cyber-Lip

9) Sonic Wings 3 (Aero Fighters 3)

10) Tie: (Top Hunter/Crossed swords)

Take care guys! :)

Edited by Htaed7
  • Like 2

Personal top 10 non fighting titles on the Neo Geo are:

1)Metal Slug

2)Puzzle Bobble

3)Blazing Star

4)Baseball Stars 2

5)Shock Troopers Second Squad

6)Cyber Lip

7)Neo Mr. DO

8)Burning Fight

9)Neo Bomber Man

10)Stakes Winner 2

Of course this list is somewhat fluid as my tastes do shift subtle from time to time! Thanks for the invite to share my thoughts on the games I personally enjoy on the Neo Geo most! Thanks again Anthony and NeoTurboManiac for the invite to discuss this topic! ( :

-AaronClassicGamer

• Like 1

Hey Everyone,

I'm doing a live stream on tomorrow the 29th at 5 pm EST on twitch.tv/aaronclassicgamer ! I will be doing a video of my top 10 non fighting Neo Geo games! I hope you all are able to join! Also NeoTurboManiac, HTAED7- can you guys do videos of your top 10 that you both listed? Happy Gaming!

-AaronClassicGamer

• Like 1

Anthony,

Wowza this is too cool, it's funny you share this due to I've been eyeing a Neo Geo CD for some time now on Ebay! Hopefully, I shall strike soon! Happy Gaming!

-Aaron

Glad you liked it Aaron. The NGCD is a fun system If you like, get the front and top loader. Nice for your collection. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Back with Neo-Geo and video game enthusiast, Cyrus Martin. After his successful Humble Bundle videos, Cyrus continues with another great upload with Blazing Star from it.

You'll will have to agree that Mr. Maritn is dedicated to the Neo-Geo and with his channel. Please have a chance to take a look at his other works that the great Texan as to offer! :)

Anthony...

• Like 2

Totally off subject but was curious what everyone thought. I want to upgrade the buttons and joystick on my X-arcade solo stick, what would be a good substitute! Four of the buttons are going to be neo geo red, yellow, blue, and green! I just can't choose lol! I just upgraded the switches to cherry switches which has helped but the joystick just sucks. Happ, Semitsu,I just can't decide! Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks again in advance,

Aaron

• Like 1

Totally off subject but was curious what everyone thought. I want to upgrade the buttons and joystick on my X-arcade solo stick, what would be a good substitute! Four of the buttons are going to be neo geo red, yellow, blue, and green! I just can't choose lol! I just upgraded the switches to cherry switches which has helped but the joystick just sucks. Happ, Semitsu,I just can't decide! Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks again in advance,

Aaron

Hey Aaron,

I think that your decisions that you've been doing are perfect my brotha. Whatever you do, its fine with me! But, if you really would like the chance the joystick, how about something flashy and slick looking! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hey Everyone,

I'm doing a live stream on tomorrow the 29th at 5 pm EST on twitch.tv/aaronclassicgamer ! I will be doing a video of my top 10 non fighting Neo Geo games! I hope you all are able to join! Also NeoTurboManiac, HTAED7- can you guys do videos of your top 10 that you both listed? Happy Gaming!

-AaronClassicGamer

Thank you Aaron for the Notification. I'll try to make it.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This afternoon, were back doing an educational video with John from John's, "Arcade Game Reviews & Tech". Here we see the gentleman that recently purchased a King of Fighters' 98 MVS cart from a seller that claimed to be a legitimate SNK title. However, John was able to conclude it was a counterfeit copy of KOF'98.

The seller did refund his money and was able to keep the cart without returning it! How did John realize it was non-legit? Well, he did a finely detailed video to explain that for us! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again with Aaron from Aaron Classic Gamer. We had plenty of fun with Noel (Htaed7) for an hour with Neo-Geo titles. We welcome you all next time to be with us, so you to can enjoy the entertainment that we were sharing with the community! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InwJ11c7N2A

Anthony...

Thank you all for the support! Can not wait for the next one! As Anthony said please stop by and talk games and have a good time! Thank you again Anthony for sharing this video, once again you are the wizard, or jedi, of Neo Geo!

-Aaron

• Like 1

INwJTxjm.jpg

Finally done with this ps1 to neo geo stick conversion. I just spent the last few hours "testing" it, and driving between shady gas stations looking for Colt 45 for the pictures (the stuff is hard to find here)

I still don't know what ps1 fighter only used four buttons called "guard," "A," "B," and "Kick,"--but whatever it was was important enough to make this weird and cheap controller. The parts it came with were odd mixes of japanese and us/eur style. . Concave buttons with japanese style switches, a stick that isn't far from a Happ superstick but with a balltop. All terrible chinese quality, of course.

With IL/cherry controls it feels fine. The case is still a bit rough by custom stick standards, and isn't the most ergonomic, but it's way better than player 2 has had before.

Here's some before/afters:

lPgeSpFm.jpg

5mfJMfJm.jpg

With my MAS stick:

GeXt25hm.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

INwJTxjm.jpg

Finally done with this ps1 to neo geo stick conversion. I just spent the last few hours "testing" it, and driving between shady gas stations looking for Colt 45 for the pictures (the stuff is hard to find here)

I still don't know what ps1 fighter only used four buttons called "guard," "A," "B," and "Kick,"--but whatever it was was important enough to make this weird and cheap controller. The parts it came with were odd mixes of japanese and us/eur style. . Concave buttons with japanese style switches, a stick that isn't far from a Happ superstick but with a balltop. All terrible chinese quality, of course.

With IL/cherry controls it feels fine. The case is still a bit rough by custom stick standards, and isn't the most ergonomic, but it's way better than player 2 has had before.

Here's some before/afters:

lPgeSpFm.jpg

5mfJMfJm.jpg

With my MAS stick:

GeXt25hm.jpg

WOW Reaper. :-o:-o:-o

This's absolutely BEAUTIFUL . You certainly got talent to do this and seeing the Billy D is your main guy with Colt 45, make this an amazing look stick

Can't wait to see your future projects bro. Certainly worth looking at all the time! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anthony...

I found it odd that my AES I got from the PRGE did not have a red plug-- is that normal for all AES's to just have yellow and white? Maybe due to the lack of red plug I am not getting sound. It works okay otherwise.

Hi Russ

Have no fear bro, that was common for the Neo-Geo AES when it was available at the time. When I purchased my unit for the first time, it only had a yellow and white A/V cable as well! :)

Here's a link to help you purchase a full Yellow, white, and red A/V cable for your Neo-Geo. I purchased one lyself from this seller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNK-Neo-Geo-AES-CD-CDZ-composite-AV-video-cable-by-RETRO-GAMING-CABLES-/111232330590?hash=item19e5f6ab5e:g:WBAAAOxyLN9Sk~B7

Hope this helps you Russ! See you soon and Happy New Year! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with Jarrod from Project COE.

This week, the gentleman is doing, The Last Blade for the MVS. One of the better titles from the Neo-Geo during the later years for the unit. Another finely detailed video from the great Canadian that will surely help convince you why Jarrod is a professional on what he does in the video game community. :)

Anthony...

Thanks Anthony. Well guys my Neo content will be wrapping up on January 13th. I started on November 11th and continued through to the 13th of January, meaning we had 10 Neo Geo reviews back-to-back :D I'll be switching to the TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine for the next few weeks while I get my hands on some more Neo Geo games :D I can only review the games I have after all, and while I do have some more, I want to save those for the next batch of Neo games I review. With any luck by mid-February I should be back in action with more Neo Geo reviews :D I'll be sure to stick around the forums and continue to chat with you all. It's been fun reviewing these Neo Geo games, and I hope I can get another batch soon, but it really depends on the community as I always buy my games from them to help support the community :D

• Like 1

Thanks Anthony. Well guys my Neo content will be wrapping up on January 13th. I started on November 11th and continued through to the 13th of January, meaning we had 10 Neo Geo reviews back-to-back :D I'll be switching to the TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine for the next few weeks while I get my hands on some more Neo Geo games :D I can only review the games I have after all, and while I do have some more, I want to save those for the next batch of Neo games I review. With any luck by mid-February I should be back in action with more Neo Geo reviews :D I'll be sure to stick around the forums and continue to chat with you all. It's been fun reviewing these Neo Geo games, and I hope I can get another batch soon, but it really depends on the community as I always buy my games from them to help support the community :D

Hmm on second thought, I do have those Atomiswave games sitting around doing nothing. Maybe 8 reviews of those would tide people over until the next Neo wave ;)

• Like 1

Hmm on second thought, I do have those Atomiswave games sitting around doing nothing. Maybe 8 reviews of those would tide people over until the next Neo wave ;)

That's sounds fine with me Jarrod! :) I like the Atomiswave and would'nt mind seeing your reviews towards the titles. Notably, the ones involved with SNK/P. :-D

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

That's sounds fine with me Jarrod! :) I like the Atomiswave and would'nt mind seeing your reviews towards the titles. Notably, the ones involved with SNK/P. :-D

Anthony...

Since I own all of the SNKP released games, you can surely count on it :) I think that's exactly what I'll do. I still have to mess around with the Atomiswave to ensure I can actually capture footage from it, but if I can, then giddy up, you'll know what to expect for after the 13th, and then it'll be right back to the Neo :D

• Like 1

Since I own all of the SNKP released games, you can surely count on it :) I think that's exactly what I'll do. I still have to mess around with the Atomiswave to ensure I can actually capture footage from it, but if I can, then giddy up, you'll know what to expect for after the 13th, and then it'll be right back to the Neo :D

Excellent Jarrod.

Sounds like a good plan. I can't wait to see them. I still have to put the Atomiswave in my list of future units to finally appreciate it! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I found it odd that my AES I got from the PRGE did not have a red plug-- is that normal for all AES's to just have yellow and white? Maybe due to the lack of red plug I am not getting sound. It works okay otherwise.

Hi Russ,

I was strolling around Ebay for you and I happen to find other A/V cables for your AES to help save you some money. Hope this help you even further! :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AV-Video-Mono-Audio-Composite-cable-for-Mega-Drive-Master-System-SNK-AES-/111846007292?hash=item1a0a8aa1fc:g:1NYAAOSwnDZULu-9

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNK-NEO-GEO-AES-CD-CDZ-AUDIO-VIDEO-3xRCA-High-Quality-Cable-New-/172041923225?hash=item280e7f6a99:g:C0EAAOSwo3pWfuRO

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1