IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

'Megs' are the size of the game, in megabits.

I think I might need some Neo Geo to brighten the weekend. Aero Fighters 2 seems to be my go-to neo geo game. The wife recently put me on a video game and entertainment 'budget' of just $10/day, so I doubt any more MVS games are in my near future. :thumbsdown: Guess I'll just have to enjoy what I have for a bit. Blah, blah, save for retirement, whatever...

I understand your situation! How have you been doing with Magical Drop 3? Have you been able to top your score as of late!

Anthony... ;-)

Wow! 1560 megs? That is crazy to see how far the games have gotten from around 50 megs in 1990. So what do megs mean exactly? Power, memory, processing..? I know KOF 98 is 683 megs and that game is full of extra animations, music, tons of characters, and nice graphics.

Right. those games with those megs are from a small indie company called NGDEVTEAM! Two more games are being developed however they won't be announced until Razion is released! Maybe the megs will be even higher!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Want to see something really cool? This article came out in March 2013 but its amazing and worth seeing! It was called the "Super Neo Geo Pocket" and it was a custom AES cartridge that played NGPC games! The idea was great, but it stopped because the person working on it couldn't get color on it. But still awesome no doubt!.

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/super-neo-geo-pocket-play-your-neo-geo-pocket-games-on-your-tv-through-your-neo-geo-aes-console.html

Anthony...

This guy is awesome!He made a nice AES-MVS converter for cheap and he just post a video of his work on a faster Neo Geo CD loader:

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Today, I took out "The Super Spy" for the AES. Interesting enough its an early (if not the first) first person brawler/shooter of the 1990's! The game gets repetitive, but it keeps you busy for a while! Music is okay and graphics were impressive for its time, epically for this genre. Still worth giving it a try for any first timers playing the Neo or playing it for old time sake!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Sweet! I just bought NAM- 1975 and a second neo geo controller off ebay. I can't wait to play this with my friends. I've been looking for the first model joystick for a while and I finally found one shipping from the US for a decent price. I'm getting ready for some 2-player neo geo action!

• Like 1

Sweet! I just bought NAM- 1975 and a second neo geo controller off ebay. I can't wait to play this with my friends. I've been looking for the first model joystick for a while and I finally found one shipping from the US for a decent price. I'm getting ready for some 2-player neo geo action!

Cool! I tried hard to find a US seller because of the shipping rates were fair to me! When I used to buy them from Japan, the rates were astronomical at times! A Neo-Geo system Boxed with EMS S&H was $65-90 at times! Insane!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Am I the only one that would like to get a port of Castlevania on Neo Geo?Will be so f...ing nice to see this!A Dracula X PCE or a Castlevania 32x will be amazing

Its a good idea and quite possible for someone to do it!

However when SNK was publishing with 3rd party support for the Neo, it was limited! ADK, Data East. Visco, etc were smaller companies that were able to make better deals with involving payments and royalties! Companies like Konami, or Namco would wanted much more and SNK was already on a tight budget towards the end!

If you look at SNK/Playmore now, they've been restrictive with their budget after regrouping when the old SNK closed down in 2001. Now they mostly making games on smartphones and name branding on pachinko machines!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Today I'm taking out one of my newer titles for the Neo-Geo AES called "SVC Chaos". I personally like the game and feel it wasn't "broken" as some call it! The controllers are playable and moves are precise! The music and backgrounds I thought was never top notch, but okay! Good selection of characters and good super combos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYvrH2y0rLM

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I always thought that SVC Chaos strong point was the backgrounds. That castle looking level with the birds flying around and the chandlers moving I think is pretty damn impressive. The subway looking one is good and I was super impressed with that crystal stage. What's disappointing for me is the slow down. Not enough to ruin the game but it does detract from it.

• Like 1

I always thought that SVC Chaos strong point was the backgrounds. That castle looking level with the birds flying around and the chandlers moving I think is pretty damn impressive. The subway looking one is good and I was super impressed with that crystal stage. What's disappointing for me is the slow down. Not enough to ruin the game but it does detract from it.

Compared to the background graphics and music to RotD and Matrimelee in 2002-03 I thought SNK could've done a little better with it on SVCC! Maybe this title was rushed because of the agreement that SNK/Playmore had promised Capcom to deliver!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Today's game is Matrimelee (Power Instinct Matrimelee) for the Neo-Geo AES. This is more of an unusual title that was developed from Atlus & Noise Factory with special selective characters from Rage of the Dragons are involved in this game! The music & background are very good and have a special moves like double counter and a power blast wave when your knock down and your meter is full! Anyway its a title to have in your collection no doubt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY-L7YZM5w0

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Today, I was playing Double Dragon for the AES. Developed by Technos, this title is a must to play for the DD fans here on the site! Usually known for its series of Beat'em ups, this fighting game is fun to play. The 178 megs are impressive, the controllers are workable (but can do better), the storyline is worth reading about, the music is well tuned, and its characters are playable with its own unique moves that they have to offer! Overall its a solid game and if you like the Double Dragon series, this is for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNP3wm2kCes

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

That double dragon game looks really cool. I'm impressed by the video clip from the movie they put in there. Usually I associate FMV with cd consoles like sega cd or 3do; not cartridge based systems. I wonder if it would be possible at all to put the whole movie on a neo geo cart (and how many megs). The game looks really nice but for a Double Dragon game, I would have hoped for a beat em up. The neo geo doesn't need any more fighting games! Abobo definitely got a facelift since the nes game. Man, I thought Fatal fury Special had a cheesy announcer but just listen to this one! Billy! haha

• Like 1

That double dragon game looks really cool. I'm impressed by the video clip from the movie they put in there. Usually I associate FMV with cd consoles like sega cd or 3do; not cartridge based systems. I wonder if it would be possible at all to put the whole movie on a neo geo cart (and how many megs). The game looks really nice but for a Double Dragon game, I would have hoped for a beat em up. The neo geo doesn't need any more fighting games! Abobo definitely got a facelift since the nes game. Man, I thought Fatal fury Special had a cheesy announcer but just listen to this one! Billy! haha

Happy that you like it!

I doubt that they would be able to put a whole movie in a AES game though! But then again, nothings impossible and you never know. Your right, its a change in pace for the Double Dragon series to be in the fighting genre despite that their were already enough for its time and now! But the game is really fun to play and the replay value is high! Even after all these years after I tell the younger gamers about this title, they still can't believe it and how good it is!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Neo XYX CE version for the AES started shipping today after a small delay (again). Notifications are being e-mailed out for those that ordered this version. Hope those that ordered it will enjoy it! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Another enjoyable game today is Viewpoint for the NGCD!

This is my brothers favorite Neo Geo game for all the platforms. Developed by Sammy, its a really addicting shooter to play with an excellent soundtrack with awesome beats to it! Graphics is at 74 megs with superb animation and backgrounds, the bosses are tricky and will keep you busy till you figure out their patterns. Overall, PLAY THIS GAME!! :-D

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Today, I took out Legend of Success Joe for the AES. An early title for the Neo-Geo platforms with 50 megs and is a Japanese exclusive! It was created by WAVE Corp and the game is base of the popular manga series in Japan from the 1970's onward! The game was given poor reviews and never was distributed outside the country do to its ratings and satisfaction results! Its considered one of the worst games for the Neo-Geo. However, it still holds value in price with price for a copy (MVS or AES) can go for over $100-$250 on Ebay). Was it really a bad game? Well everybody has their own opinion, so you can be the judge of it!

Anthony...