IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

"which gave the development to a small (a core team of 5 people!) French developer, Le Cortex."

Le Cortex is the same team that are doing "Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon". Unfortunately, I don't really like that game and the neo-geo.com members have ripped that game apart saying its terrible and shouldn't be available at all!

After 2 years and 4 months, the game still isn't out yet and they haven't been giving any details about the game! Probably a big scam or can't meet the pre-order quota!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I can't tell much, I don't know the team. I was just giving a little background to Treasure of The Carribbean ;)

I guess the game is on hold, they wouldn't keep a game in development for 2 years. Le Cortex is a commercial studio, not an amateur team, they have to get money.

• Like 1

Anthony,

That transvestite you're thinking of is probably the one from Renegade, who's a playable character in NEO Dodgeball.

It is actually a sukeban, which is basically a delinquent schoolgirl, or a "bad girl". She's just huge!

She is known as Misuzu in the Japanese versions, and Kim in the American versions.

• Like 1

Anthony,

That transvestite you're thinking of is probably the one from Renegade, who's a playable character in NEO Dodgeball.

It is actually a sukeban, which is basically a delinquent schoolgirl, or a "bad girl". She's just huge!

She is known as Misuzu in the Japanese versions, and Kim in the American versions.

Good to know. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

Anthony...

I can't tell much, I don't know the team. I was just giving a little background to Treasure of The Carribbean ;)

I guess the game is on hold, they wouldn't keep a game in development for 2 years. Le Cortex is a commercial studio, not an amateur team, they have to get money.

I understand! Nice pick up on TotC!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Today I taken out a another good sport game called League Bowling for the AES. This title is worth mentioning for its funny antics and fun replay value. The controls are solid and the characters reactions is what makes it a wacky and enjoyable title!

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hi guys,

I posted this video in the past but I figured its best to add it to the thread. Its an SNK video promoting the company back in the early 1990's. Its a nice classic video and fun to watch regarding retro 90's Japan as well!

It also featured Neo-Geo Land in Esaka, Osaka! There were three located around the area!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Today I taken out a another good sport game called League Bowling for the AES. This title is worth mentioning for its funny antics and fun replay value. The controls are solid and the characters reactions is what makes it a wacky and enjoyable title!

Anthony...

I love league Bowling. It is one of the carts I have. Funny though, I never even considered it when we mentioned sports games. :P

I had my AES out tonight for some fun. Check out the nice sharp picture from RGB scart to XRGB 2+

14174975469_59ed3e2f66_q.jpgWP_20140606_004 by CharliePel, on Flickr

14174975349_144aa41297_q.jpgWP_20140606_001 by CharliePel, on Flickr

• Like 1

I love league Bowling. It is one of the carts I have. Funny though, I never even considered it when we mentioned sports games. :P

I had my AES out tonight for some fun. Check out the nice sharp picture from RGB scart to XRGB 2+

Boy, that is impressive. :cool: Looks like I need to get myself involved in getting a more up-to-date screen for more sharper images for my systems!

Anthony...

Excellent! It's looking alike on my Bravia... However, I guess that the XRGB helps on displays that doesn't do justice to SCART input (and I guess that your TV doesn't have SCART no matter what).

Thanks. No, here in the USA we don't have SCART at all. The XRGB II+ converts the RGB signal to VGA 640 x 480. It also has very nice menu features to customize color, sharpness, sync, and even add scan-lines if you want them. It accepts Composite, S-Video, RGB Component, and RGB J-SCART. The Japanese SCART standard. (As I understand it) I have a Euro SCART to J-SCART adapter on the end of the SCART cable.

• Like 1

J SCART is the same as SCART, signal wise, only wired different. J SCART cables are very rare usually, as Japan basically jumped from RF to their D-Terminal connector (which is SCART, in a smaller format... and updated to YUV HD).

USA got some SCART (EIA Multiport) on a series of 80's RCA High end TVs (RCA Dimensia) , but as RCA didn't sold any SCART peripheral (that I know of) it was quickly abandonned.

PA150323.jpg

I also heard some people finding SCART inputs on cheap LCD TVs (the brandless, direct import from China kind). Either readily available to use, or internally existing but connector not existing.

And of course, any video monitor with BNC RGB inputs can display SCART. Older European models were sometime fitted with SCART input, but most use BNC, so you have to make or find a SCART to BNC adapter.

Edited by CatPix
  • Like 1

Yeah, I like League Bowling a lot too. I like how the pins get their comeuppance for taunting you (frying pan in the face, smushed by bowling ball, etc.).

Someday I hope I can find a good price on the AES. Gotta put my memory card to use sometime. Kinda sucks that you can't save off the arcade and use on the home system.

• Like 1

Yeah, I like League Bowling a lot too. I like how the pins get their comeuppance for taunting you (frying pan in the face, smushed by bowling ball, etc.).

Someday I hope I can find a good price on the AES. Gotta put my memory card to use sometime. Kinda sucks that you can't save off the arcade and use on the home system.

I purchased a JP AES carton box League Bowling many years ago from an import store in Manhattan. The store was liquidating anything that was left because it was relocating to Texas. What caught my attention of the game was its neon pink color of the box and ask if he can give me a discount on it. Since then I was hooked on the game and my parents use to get a good chuckle with the wacky antics the the bowling pins and bowl used to make at you!

Maybe Neobitz and NGDEVTEAM should make a funny bowling game like this in the future!

Anthony...

Ho guys,

Today, member "Official Ninja" inspired me to take out a fun Soccer game called "Soccer Brawl" for the AES I really dug this one out of the closet and played it this afternoon. A fun futuristic game in which you play as a cyborg player in a 5 on 5 match with teams like USA, Germany, S.Korea, Japan, Italy, Spain, Brazil and England! You can hold A for a power strike on offense or A for a power punch to disable a rival team player! Fun game no doubt!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Took out another great game called "Three Count Bout" (Fire Suplex in Japan). This is my favorite wrestling game so far in my life! I have it for the AES and MVS and spent many quarters in Dairy Queen playing it. My favorite game out of the "100 Mega Shock" series in the early 90's. Its a pretty tough game! Love the fictional characters and the stages.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

I'm getting ready to watch the FIFA World Cup this year and I'm going to take out Super Sidekicks 1,2,3 and 4 (Ultimate 11) for the MVS. All are fun to play and worth picking up!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Today, I'm taking out a fun JP title for the NGPC game called "Master of Shogi: Syougi no Tatsujin Color ." A CD, AES, and MVS is also available only in Japanese!

What is Shogi? Shogi is known as Japanese chess and has been enjoyed in Japan for many centuries! Here is what Wikipedia has to say on its link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shogi

A video of it is on Youtube and if you like to play fun board games, this title is unique and get to impress your family and friends!

and the Neo Geo CD, MVS, and AES version!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Today, I decided to take out a fun shoot'em up game for the AES called "Last Resort" The game was inspired by "R-Type" in which some of its workers participated in making this excited button bashing title! Get 2 player game and lots of replay value on this game!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Last Resort is a good shooter. The NEO GEO had plenty of good shooters. I would love for the NG to have a new shooter with animated anime cut scenes, and some goofy or adult humor thrown in for good measure.

A sequel to the fighting game Waku Waku 7 might be nice too, but hopefully less cheap than the original.

• Like 1