IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】オンラインにてスイスドロー式の大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加ください! #SNK #KOFXIV
Translated from Japanese by

[Notice] A Swiss draw-style tournament will be held online. Please join us! #SNK#KOFXIV

Anthony..

Hi guys,

天草様が! SAMURAI SPIRITSに!! 降臨!!! #SNK #サムスピ #天草四郎

Amakusa-sama! For SAMURAI SPIRITS! !! Advent! !! !! #SNK#サムスピ#天草四郎

Quote Tweet

PVwcfwuR_mini.jpg

SNK JAPAN

@SNKPofficial_jp
· May 16
【SAMURAI SPIRITS】 シーズンパス3 DLCキャラクター第3弾「天草四郎時貞」(CV.白川周作)を6月15日に配信! #SNK #サムスピ #天草四郎 #白川周作 さん

Anthony..

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 10:56 AM, fdurso224 said:

I purchased recently two English AES units that were dropped and cracked the edges of the console Steve. They are being repaired and were glued back. Big shame. :(

Anthony..

Yeah, the AES seems really fragile. The plastic is over 30 years old on the oldest ones, but I have some systems that are even older, like the SuperGrafx, which seems basically indestructible, so I'm not sure what's with the AES.

On 5/17/2021 at 7:46 AM, fdurso224 said:

To me Zack, the only thing I had damage was the AES controller. Maybe a small crack and a chip off the corner on the side on the piece. But nothing to the point on what happen to Joe's controller. 

I'm still wondering how it got damage to that extent. I've been looking at my controller and trying to figure out how it was damaged to the way we see it in the pics. He couldn't have dropped it in his lap or on a tray to press on in order to play. The only two options that comes to mind is he was either playing it while standing up like the guy was doing in the famous Neo-Geo lingerie advertisement, or a gaming fit and dropped it with force. :ponder:

Anthony..

I am not sure what's with Joe's controller, but I do know that I'm going to be really careful with all of my AES stuff from now on. I was doing that already, but I mean REALLY being careful with it.

19 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

Alpha Mission II (ASOII #ラストガーディアン) shoot them up by #SNK 1991 Neo-Geo MVS, Neo-Geo AES #ネオジオ #arcade #RETROGAMING #NeoGeo

Anthony..

I love aso II (alpha mission 2), such an awesome game with fantastic music. Yes its a bit bare bones compared to the later neo geo shoot em ups, but it was also an early game and still a lot of fun! This is one of the first aes games i ever bought!

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Bitmap Books as done a video regarding their Neo-Geo published book that they done. Excellent! :)

From the description,

"NEOGEO: A Visual History is the first officially licensed NEOGEO art book of its kind to be released in the English language. A pictorial celebration of all things NEOGEO, it’s crammed full of beautiful images split into dedicated chapters, including Hardware, Box Art, Character and Concept Art, and Pixel Art. This imagery has been collated and photographed from all over the world, then handpicked to appear in this unique and exclusive volume. NEOGEO: A Visual History also features official interviews with key staff integral to the NEOGEO’s history, including producer Yasuyuki Oda, artist Tatsuhiko Kanaoka (Falcoon) and composer Hideki Asanaka (sha-v)."

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 Who's the newest character coming to KOF XV? Tune into tomorrow's character trailer to find out! Visit SNK's Official YouTube Channel for more info! >SNK YouTube Channel https://youtube.com/user/snkplaymoreGame

#SNK #KOF #KOF15

Anthony..

Hi guys,

響のBGMは心情の変化に合わせて2曲あります。 令サムのプレイヤーキャラで2曲あるのは響が初。 エコひいきではありません仕様上必要なんです! 「黎明の決意」と「激情/因縁」 どちらも甲乙つけがたい名曲。 この機会に他の月華の曲にも興味を持ってもらえたら最高! #サムスピ #月華の剣士

Hibiki's BGM has two songs to match the changes in emotions. Hibiki is the first player character of Rei Sam to have two songs. Not eco-friendly  It is necessary for the specifications! "Dawn's determination" and "passion / fate" Both are masterpieces that are difficult to attach. It would be great if you could take this opportunity to get interested in other Tsukihana songs! #サムスピ#月華の剣士

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Razion is a classic #shmup that is for the #NEOGEO that got later released for the Console in 2014 As a none license NeoGeo game. A #indie game company called NG:http://Dev.Team

. Razion have a later released in 2021 for the Nintendo #Switch that's call RazionEx

Anthony..

• Like 1

I talked with Jeremy Parish a little on email yesterday.  I had asked around NDA what could be said as far as the Nintendo Switch/LRG release of the NGPC Collection Vol 1 larger pack as it came with some kind of (image it appeared) small book as part of it.  Seems it's not small, but a full blown nearly 200 page book covering the NGPC games, but also their ties back to the larger originals on MVS too etc.  Lots of stuff like his WORKS books on Nintendo stuff, so there will be lots of details, history, relevant ties, etc.  Hopefully it doesn't take all year to get here knowing LRG.  I don't ever go up for those premiums, but the book alone, given what the increase was, it's entirely worth it seeing what WORKS and Bit Bros books cost covering similar materials.

If interested they kill the preorder in another day or two.

• Like 1

Hey friends, can you guys give me a second opinion on some mvs cartridges, just wanting to double check that they appear legit before purchasing them. No description available.

The ones I'm after are the blue metal slug x, neo geo cup 98, spin master (which i'm pretty sure is a bootleg), samurai showdown iii and shcok troopers 2nd squad (the black copy). I checked the site with the mvs labels and they looked good to me but im no expert,  is a blue shell normal for metal slug x? Checked those 5 on ebay and seems like what the seller told me lines up, all legit excet for spin master. Also if anyone sees any gems in the lot le me know. Thanks!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, INTVCruise said:

Hey friends, can you guys give me a second opinion on some mvs cartridges, just wanting to double check that they appear legit before purchasing them. 

The ones I'm after are the blue metal slug x, neo geo cup 98, spin master (which i'm pretty sure is a bootleg), samurai showdown iii and shcok troopers 2nd squad (the black copy). I checked the site with the mvs labels and they looked good to me but im no expert,  is a blue shell normal for metal slug x? Checked those 5 on ebay and seems like what the seller told me lines up, all legit excet for spin master. Also if anyone sees any gems in the lot le me know. Thanks!

OH WOW! :-o

What a pic of all those MVS cartridges John. Amazing that the seller has them and making them available to for you to choose, I'm sure that they look legit by the labels like you mention. But the real way is to open up the shells and see the boards. But man! What a haul of games to buy bro. :)

To answer your question, the Metal Slug X in the blue shell is official. On the Neo Store and the cart pics section, they show of it in that particular color as well. So it's good John. Here a pic to show.

METAL%20SLUGX.jpg

Thank you for stopping by to share this with us John. Glad to see you back with us and we would love to see them in your collection bro.

How's that arcade unit that we talked about not too long ago bro?

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I talked with Jeremy Parish a little on email yesterday.  I had asked around NDA what could be said as far as the Nintendo Switch/LRG release of the NGPC Collection Vol 1 larger pack as it came with some kind of (image it appeared) small book as part of it.  Seems it's not small, but a full blown nearly 200 page book covering the NGPC games, but also their ties back to the larger originals on MVS too etc.  Lots of stuff like his WORKS books on Nintendo stuff, so there will be lots of details, history, relevant ties, etc.  Hopefully it doesn't take all year to get here knowing LRG.  I don't ever go up for those premiums, but the book alone, given what the increase was, it's entirely worth it seeing what WORKS and Bit Bros books cost covering similar materials.

If interested they kill the preorder in another day or two.

Interesting Tanooki. close to 200 pages covering the NGPC games alone? Amazing. I would love just to get that book seeing they will be having plenty to say about it. Now you gotten me curious about this bro. :)

Anthony..

Hi Guys,

Anyone curious about the Neo Geo versions of Xeno Crisis should check out our latest update here! https://kickstarter.com/projects/1676714319/xeno-crisis-a-new-game-for-the-sega-genesis-mega-d/posts/3193877

Neo Geo update (May 2021)

Bitmap BureauCreator
May 20, 2021

Hello all, it’s been a while since we last updated you, and we’re sure that many of you would like some news regarding the Neo Geo versions! So we’ll jump right in:

Neo Geo - Software

We have gone GOLD! Both the Neo Geo AES/MVS and Neo Geo CD versions have now been completed, in fact the only thing remaining is just to update the list of hostage names which we will be confirming with everyone shortly.

The Neo Geo version has seen hundreds of little refinements, additions, tweaks and improvements, not only its code, but also in terms of the graphics and sound. It’s been fully integrated with the Neo Geo hardware and software behaviours, and we hope you’ll agree that it genuinely feels like an original Neo Geo title! 

19b64ce2450a796b6fd983e357d8074b_origina

For those that work on retro platforms you’re always aware of how limited your debug options are; it was a wild ride the last couple of months fixing up various tricky bugs with notable ones being:

12fff4a9afb724eb3867878b5e086ec1_origina
  • An overflow causing a rogue hitbox location.
  • A Z80 assembly race condition when trying to switch from intros to looping music segments.
  • Discovering that some original bioses leave un-cleared VRAM data lying around that was triggering fix data yellow bar craziness with our scaled sprite logic.
Here is a sneak peek at some gameplay recorded by Mike of the Neo Geo AES/MVS version on actual hardware - he says that he died deliberately to show everyone the continue sequence! ;)

Neo Geo - Physical

We are into manufacturing! All 4 PCBs designs are at various stages of production, in fact we just received the MVS CHA PCBs yesterday with MVS PROG’s due any day too.

a4aa626e7fc3d01f5b4cf51fb4bfd2c9_origina

In the last update, we explained the complications we had with hunting down some obscure PCB issues and we were waiting on a new revision that we expected to solve it all. Sadly the tweaks we made back then made it 99% better but not 100%. So at the start of the year, we decided to rework all the PCB designs to be higher quality 4 layer board designs and made some other tweaks to improve the quality further. Fortunately, these changes worked great!

d235f8f8a66e4c9d13bd2b3ea9c817f5_origina

We’ve now completed some extended testing on the 30+ different MVS machines we have and also on all the various AES revisions. In fact we were lucky enough to be able to acquire the AES 4.1 from fafangus and test on that. Not forgetting the Neo Geo CD version, which has also been tested on all the revisions: front/top loaders, CDZ and a machine with a NeoCD SD loader. We always try to be as thorough as possible, testing on a wide range of controllers, memory cards and other configurations.

a0b0842ac5eedf335cc888cc826265aa_origina

As with the Mega Drive version of Xeno Crisis, we need to be able to flash and program the boards in parallel to speed up the final stages of production. So we made various improvements to the devkit including making it 4 layers and manufactured a small run of 10 of them.

558a63fa178c33a0fd29e4221f414de5_origina

All printed parts are designed and most have now been produced; we expect to receive the remaining printed parts in the next couple of weeks.

10d84d17e366d9d4dd48a0761ef3d802_origina

Take a look at the lovely silver foil finish on the Collector’s Edition cartridge labels, even better seen in person!

Neo Geo - Shipping

d1fb3651aaba48846c1f574f912ecd20_origina

Our aim is to be able to manufacture all copies in one short hit and then ship all versions for AES/MVS and CD simultaneously for all pre-orders that have been placed.

In the next couple of weeks all pre-order Neo Geo customers will receive a form to complete which will confirm their address for shipping and allow them to confirm a range of other details and for Collector’s Editions details including hostage names and serial numbers.

Neo Geo - ROM

535245e569719ca7f0cb1cb307c01369_origina

We are often asked if a Neo Geo ROM be made available as there was for Mega Drive and Dreamcast versions of Xeno Crisis. We’re pleased to say that we have successfully created and tested ROM files to run on NeoSD AES/MVS, Darksoft Multi MVS/AES, Mister FPGA, MAME and other popular emulators.

There will be a ROM made available to purchase, however we won’t be making it available until a little while after everyone has received their physical copies (physical copy owners will be entitled to a free ROM like physical orders on the Mega Drive and Dreamcast).

Neo Geo - Pricing

bbcf3b3b0a27402e1aacb371f8d845fa_origina

We strived with the Neo Geo version of Xeno Crisis to make the price as affordable as possible especially where the game code was already working on a Motorola 68k processor. However, the current market for chip supply is crazy, and we had to pay over double what we were quoted 6 months ago for all the PCB production and components.

This combined with the extended development time and PCB prototyping expenditures means we have to set a new price for the Neo Geo version for all new orders of Xeno Crisis - Neo Geo AES / MVS at £299.

We are however running a 25% discount on everything available in our shop (including the Neo Geo versions) until June 1st 2021 - simply enter this code when you checkout:

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

OH WOW! :-o

What a pic of all those MVS cartridges John. Amazing that the seller has them and making them available to for you to choose, I'm sure that they look legit by the labels like you mention. But the real way is to open up the shells and see the boards. But man! What a haul of games to buy bro. :)

To answer your question, the Metal Slug X in the blue shell is official. On the Neo Store and the cart pics section, they show of it in that particular color as well. So it's good John. Here a pic to show.

METAL%20SLUGX.jpg

Thank you for stopping by to share this with us John. Glad to see you back with us and we would love to see them in your collection bro.

How's that arcade unit that we talked about not too long ago bro?

Anthony..

Hey Anthony, glad to be back too :). Yeah I would just inspect them myself in person but I'm actually having a family member pick them up for me since they are far away from me at the moment and they don't know how to open them + I don't think the seller can either he just seems to be selling them in a junk lot basically and doesn't know a ton about them I think. I'm thinkin that they are most likely legit by the labels too but just wanted to be sure. Do you think that other second squad in the white shell is legit too? Label looks okay, but I've not seen one myself in a white shell. 

Yes my set up is okay at the moment haha, only have magician lord and baseball stars always on the look out for some decent ones tho haha. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

We are however running a 25% discount on everything available in our shop (including the Neo Geo versions) until June 1st 2021 - simply enter this code when you checkout:

XENO25

Anthony..

Just to highlight the deal printed above--that's 25% off of £299.00

Which is HUGE.

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little bummed that a game pre-bought years ago at full price goes on sale before I even get it, but it's a deal worth jumping on.  Use XENO25 code.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Interesting Tanooki. close to 200 pages covering the NGPC games alone? Amazing. I would love just to get that book seeing they will be having plenty to say about it. Now you gotten me curious about this bro. :)

Anthony..

Basically NDA restricts a lot, I'm familiar with them having been in that industry too in the distant past, but some can be said indirectly.  It's like a mini version of his Works books, retrospectives of the system and all the games.  Lots of those added information sidebars too, many photos, etc.  It was added that MVS fans should be happy with those information side bars, so I'm going to throw the likely guess that anything on NGPC that had a franchise MVS counterpart is going to blow something special out in those sidebars.  I mean hey you got serious overlap Neo Turf Masters, KOF, SNK vs Capcom, Baseball Stars, Bust a Move, Metal Slug and more.  NGPC was such a 'Gameboy' to the MVS if that were it's 'NES/SNES' keeping to the 8/16bit comparisons.

• Like 1

Got that email from Bitmap Bureau. Glad that I waited to buy AES Xeno Crisis. I was planning on getting the MVS version as well, but since they have announced that they will be providing a free ROM with the physical version, I think I might pass on the MVS version and just use my NeoSD Pro to run the MVS version.

9 hours ago, INTVCruise said:

Hi John,

I've only seen the white shell for the Shock Troopers 2nd Squad a few times in the past. I'm not 100% sure if it's legit. Maybe it is. But as always John, glad to have you back on. Lot's of interesting posting have been done and i think you'll enjoy our post content for sure. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224