IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back with @dak1ngofgames98 with more Neo-Geo gaming goodness. Here we see him playing Metal Slug 5. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"For this being my first time playing Metal Slug 5 I loved it! Even thought I just play through the first 2 missions. I love how SNK kept the gameplay the same with each new Metal Slug game, but changed things up in each new installment in the Metal Slug franchise. It certainly caught my attention to see the locations the levels were in, the exotic sounding music, and the Inca or Mayan civilization people being enemies. Metal Slug is just one of those video game series you can play all of the games, and you'll have fun playing each one as you did the last. Have you played Metal Slug 5 before? If so, what do you think of it? Let me know in the comments below!"

Anthony..

• Like 3

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 SNK dev for [KOF XV] shares their thoughts on RAMÓN. The character designer for RAMÓN goes a bit in-depth on his design process! >Character Trailer https://youtu.be/P6w5BxaO1qk

#SNK #KOF #KOF15
Translated from English by

【KOF XV】 SNK dev for [KOF XV] shares their thoughts on RAMÓN. The character designer for RAMÓN goes a bit in-depth on his design process! >Character Trailer https://youtu.be/P6w5BxaO1qk

#SNK #KOF #KOF15

Anthony..

Hi guys,

そういえば、ラモンの英語表記が"O"じゃなく、"Ó"になっていることにさっき気が付きました!(遅い) #SNK #KOF #KOF15
Translated from Japanese by

By the way, I just noticed that Ramon's English notation is "Ó" instead of "O"! (slow) #SNK#KOF#KOF15

Anthony..

Hi guys,

受注終了しました!メーカーとしてはまだ誰も知らないような未熟な存在。 宣伝含めたくさんの方にご協力頂き本当にありがとうございました! 商品のクオリティーで結果を出していくしか認知してもらう方法がないので結果にこだわって制作に挑みます!絶対成功させるぞ!引き続きよろしくお願いします!

Orders have ended! An immature existence that no one knows as a manufacturer yet. Thank you so much for your cooperation, including advertising! The only way to get people to recognize the result is to produce the result with the quality of the product, so we will stick to the result and challenge the production! I will definitely succeed! Thank you, continue!
Quote Tweet

icmmyAKl_mini.jpg

稲坂浩臣(STUDIO24)

@studio24inasaka
· May 28
■テリー・ボガード詳細公開■ ブログ更新。 「THE KING OF COLLECTORS'24」略して「KOC」! 詳細公開しました! 長く続けられるシリーズになるよう毎回全力で制作に挑んでいきます!制作過程もYouTubeで公開していきますので、是非お楽しみに! http://blog.livedoor.jp/hi_studio24/archives/1078917234.html #餓狼伝説 #SNK

Anthony...

Hi guys,

A new KOF manga series, titled The King Of Fighters Gaiden, featuring Shingo, by the talented Azuma Kyotarou, will start this coming sunday on Shonen Sirius!!!
Quote Tweet

QSoMQI-D_mini.jpg

あずま京太郎/テンカイチ1巻発売中

@az_ky_
· 17h
19日から「水曜日のシリウス」で新連載始まります!

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

お待たせ大阪 あの「#八神BAR」の雰囲気をちょっとだけ楽しめる「八神庵BAR SHOP」が開催決定 開催期間:7/22(木・祝)~8/9(月・祝) 開催場所:ボークス大阪ショールーム https://hobby.volks.co.jp/shop/sr_osaka.html

ノベルティも超豪華!コースターは5,500円(税込)ごとに貰えて太っ腹 #ボークス大阪SR #INDOR #SNK

Please wait Osaka  that"#八神BAR "Yagami-an BAR SHOP" will be held to enjoy the atmosphere of "Iori Yagami" Holding period: 7/22 (Thursday / holiday) to 8/9 (Monday / holiday) Venue: Volks Osaka Showroom https://hobby.volks.co.jp/shop/sr_osaka.html

Novelty is also super luxurious! You can get a coaster for every 5,500 yen (tax included) #ボークス大阪SR#INDOR#SNK

Anthony..

Hi guys,

2022年新卒採用ではゲームプランナー、ゲームデザイナーの採用継続中です!多数の方のご応募をお待ちしています。 なお、7月12日(月)をもって、2022年度新卒採用 ゲームプログラマー、ゲームサウンドデザイナーの応募を締切ました。たくさんのご応募をいただき誠にありがとうございました。 #SNK

We are continuing to hire game planners and game designers for new graduates in 2022! We are waiting for many people to apply. The application deadline for 2022 new graduate recruited game programmers and game sound designers is July 12 (Monday). Thank you for your many applications. #SNK

Anthony..

Hi guys,

19日から「水曜日のシリウス」で新連載始まります!

A new serialization will start on the 19th with "Sirius on Wednesday"!

Anthony..

It seems I have not been in here for a while. I found an AES Baseball Stars 2 in town for around 25000 yen. I don't have any money now and I am renewing my apartment's rent contract soon, so I'll have to pay double rent soon and can't really spend money on stuff right now because of that, but I may pick it up if it's still there in a few months.

On 7/10/2021 at 6:18 AM, Tanooki said:

OH WOW, it's a rescue from a complete shit hole of a shop run by a true piece of human garbage (Hi John).  I do NOT mean Next Level Videogames.  I DO mean the sticker on the bottom of that image, Game Adx.  Scrape that shit off of there now.  The owner there is the absolute worst of the worst when it comes to everything wrong in retail store gaming.  Rude, arrogant, 50-100% pricing over online sales, charging for every piece of a game down to the inserts and stuff(I don't mean the manual, or maps, which are too...the generic stuff.)  Just a general warning, NEVER shop there, you'll feel sad seeing a museum of great untouchable stuff unless you like getting screwed.  I won't give the address, but it is in southern california.

I may seem salty, but I'm not, he was a friend I cared about for years, but he cracked and just went rotten.  One of the last times I spoke to him years ago, and this is almost a direct quote to when I asked how he stays in business given his price increases.  It's this -> I have two captive audiences, moms who walk in with screaming kids who won't quit until they get what they want, and then jarheads stuck in boot stuck on base bored out of their minds where all their bills are taken care of so they have disposable income I'm glad to get a hold of.  Yeah, that's why he's the worst... praying on burned out moms and on future US marines as his shop is walking distance(ish) from MCCS Camp Pendleton in California.  F that clown.

It's not uncommon for bases to have all sorts of stores withing walking distance of the front gate that are there specifically to rip us off. When I was in the Marines, they warned us about that very early after joining, but such stores are generally pretty easy to identify. Still, lots of younger Marines have basically limitless disposable income because they are single and live on base in government housing and eat government-provided food and as such are financially irresponsible (and I imagine that the younger Army, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard people are the same way), so a decent number of them have no problems with knowingly getting ripped off or wasting all of their money on stupid crap like alcohol (one of my friends drank so much that his bank account was in the negatives every month), but some of them still just don't know any better. Let's just say that I don't have much respect for those who would intentionally try to rip off Marines.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

It seems I have not been in here for a while. I found an AES Baseball Stars 2 in town for around 25000 yen. I don't have any money now and I am renewing my apartment's rent contract soon, so I'll have to pay double rent soon and can't really spend money on stuff right now because of that, but I may pick it up if it's still there in a few months.

It's not uncommon for bases to have all sorts of stores withing walking distance of the front gate that are there specifically to rip us off. When I was in the Marines, they warned us about that very early after joining, but such stores are generally pretty easy to identify. Still, lots of younger Marines have basically limitless disposable income because they are single and live on base in government housing and eat government-provided food and as such are financially irresponsible (and I imagine that the younger Army, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard people are the same way), so a decent number of them have no problems with knowingly getting ripped off or wasting all of their money on stupid crap like alcohol (one of my friends drank so much that his bank account was in the negatives every month), but some of them still just don't know any better. Let's just say that I don't have much respect for those who would intentionally try to rip off Marines.

Yeah I remember back then being told much the same.  Best friend (still) since 10th grade is a Marine family, dad was a JAG (1 star) and he ended up retiring out on disability at a staff sgt, along with the wife working for a time on base there too I kept up.  With those and family direct ties to the marines too, it just added to my level of disgust so before even being finished with the place I was finished with it after he went into that run down and stopped buying there.  Jacking up prices like 2-10x the price is pretty disgusting, but it takes a real piece of crap to admit to it intentionally to take advantage of those 2 groups of people.  Despite having good stuff I could have used, I didn't buy a thing after that point, probably why he got tired of his old friends and regulars coming around as the revenue dried up.  Oh and it was on everything too, perspective, super common games like Little Nemo he had for $40 and old Top Gun for $25 (both were $5 buys on ebay at the time) and cart only earthbound was $80 online by then and $180 in store.

• Like 2

On 7/10/2021 at 9:07 PM, Tanooki said:

Radioactive actually would be quite suitable for him, him being John.  He was for years a pillar of the second hand gaming community, the only in the upper part of san diego county that people looked to for their goods, even after funcoland belated appeared, he still got the street traffic by far.  Perspective, before the greed set in, in the 95-02 period for instance, he'd do a trade value of 2 cheap games for 1 game, and games most in the store from the 8bit era were $5, highest was $50 (Dragon Warrior IV) and other 300-1000 dollar games now like Bonk, Samson, Bubble Bobble 2, they were in the $10-20 range.  And also, if they had the manual, box, poster, or some mix...same price.  SNES games were still largely in the $5 range too, some up to $10, minimally I'd say 80% of the stock was cheap, and up towards $50 but not but rarely if ever over.  So knowing that most the stock was low priced in the store, that 2for1 deal was a trip.  Despite funco commonly having more games in the 50cent up to $5 range were less, he's get people in, loyalty and care, better warranty too.  When the greed set in around 2012-13 when Nintendo, then TG16 went foul and spread like cancer, he saw what he could get away with, then took advantage of those two groups.  He'd drive away old customers, collectors, people who were particular in the slightest, ran off friends of the store he used to do runs with elsewhere, including south of the border for goodies and fun times.  It's like his brain got swapped out like some pod people crap.

But hey, in the end, happy story I did some research because of my annoyance and curiosity over seeing your two posts.  I found out, he went finally out of business in 2019, so it wasn't the virus that did it fortunately but him.  Yelp, etc you could see an ever increasing amount of similar complaints I made by others, a few names of many I recognize too, former friends or regulars kicked out for not paying up or bringing in more booty to exploit.  I could go into paragraphs of his attacks on people, myself included, the bans issued over the most petty squabbles any reputable place never would do...differences of opinion, never actual stuff like you know...theft.

The irony...

Someone as soon as he went out, shortly after bought the space and used it for the exact same thing but better too.  Ironic x2, I recognize the guys name, he was a regular there too that caught that paranoid greedy bastards wrath as well.  The store unlike the original is brighter, cleaner, cheery(even in good days it never was super 'clean' or organized well) and also does disc and system repairs among other things to help the community, also goes to bat for other local shops(small business) to help them out too.  Good on that old school space new owner with new name, cleaned the stain that place had for years up nicely.

Wow. Thank you so much for commenting to me the history of "Game ADX". I'm glad I never met John, or shopped at his store for that matter. I'm glad my posts got you curious and found out "Game ADX" closed finally in 2019. Good riddance! I want you to know that after finding all this about on "Game ADX" I am taking off both stickers on the bottoms of my AES console, and controller. Personally I think the underside of the console and controller will look a lot better without both stickers on it! 

Well if you're doing the sticker removal consider the cretin it came from great, I can see that entirely.  If I still had any of his stuff around I'd scrub that history off of it too.  In the end I remove stickers from anything someone ads, including his stuff back in the 90s and 00s too as it wasn't there by the factory, I don't want it.

Got a Batman Return of the Joker locally for a deal a week back, had a huge blockbuster sticker to remove wrapped around the whole side, it dimmed out the rear sticker some removing it, but the quality one in front and rest of it looks damn near perfect otherwise. :)  I was tempted to keep the sticker though but it didn't come away clean because you know, it's always a courtesy to Be Kind and Rewind (your NES carts.)

• Like 1

Hi guys! I don't post on here often. In fact Anthony usually posts links to any/all Neo Geo related videos I make and post up on my YT channel. I can't thank you enough for doing that Anthony! I know last Wednesday he posted the link to my Tweet I made about buying a US region Neo Geo AES. I have a question that I thought would be perfect to post on here (instead of on a FB group). I tried hooking up my AES to my living tv (it's a Sylvania 32" flat screen), and it put audio out but no video whatsoever. I then hooked it up to my CRT tv (it's a Sharp 17" I want to say?) in my Nerd Cave, and as you can see it's working perfectly on it. Can someone explain to me why?IMG_20210713_150626653.thumb.jpg.a5e8e6ed61ae3d1b5b0857c5ab4f84b2.jpg

IMG_20210713_150605009.jpg

IMG_20210713_150521746.jpg

IMG_20210713_150420016.jpg

30 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Well if you're doing the sticker removal consider the cretin it came from great, I can see that entirely.  If I still had any of his stuff around I'd scrub that history off of it too.  In the end I remove stickers from anything someone ads, including his stuff back in the 90s and 00s too as it wasn't there by the factory, I don't want it.

Got a Batman Return of the Joker locally for a deal a week back, had a huge blockbuster sticker to remove wrapped around the whole side, it dimmed out the rear sticker some removing it, but the quality one in front and rest of it looks damn near perfect otherwise. :)  I was tempted to keep the sticker though but it didn't come away clean because you know, it's always a courtesy to Be Kind and Rewind (your NES carts.)

Oh wow! Batman Return of the Joker on NES is a hard game to come by! Very cool! Sunsoft at it's best! I feel the same way you do my friend about people adding price tags/stickers to video games and consoles. I usually do the same thing with my video games, and consoles but I thought I would make an acception for this. I'm not, and those stickers are coming the hell off! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dak1ngofgames98 said:

Hi guys! I don't post on here often. In fact Anthony usually posts links to any/all Neo Geo related videos I make and post up on my YT channel. I can't thank you enough for doing that Anthony! I know last Wednesday he posted the link to my Tweet I made about buying a US region Neo Geo AES. I have a question that I thought would be perfect to post on here (instead of on a FB group). I tried hooking up my AES to my living tv (it's a Sylvania 32" flat screen), and it put audio out but no video whatsoever. I then hooked it up to my CRT tv (it's a Sharp 17" I want to say?) in my Nerd Cave, and as you can see it's working perfectly on it. Can someone explain to me why?

Hey Brendan. Glad to have you on with us again bro. Now worries my man. Always glad to share your content and to show continued support as always for what you do. 

To answer your question Brendan, is the video output working on your Sylvania before to did so with the Neo-Geo?

But truthfully, he Sharp CRT that you have posted with the screen shot looks so beautifully amazing. I mean, just look at those vibrant colors and sharpness that it shows on the screen. Neo-Geo was meant for these classic units, and it shows in the pic for sure. Let it stay on the Sharp unit. You can see why with the photos Stunning.

If I'm not mistaken, in the old SNK Neo-Geo advertisements, they use to use Sharp TV's to demonstrate their games.  :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Pardon me for asking Steve, but why do you have to pay double rent? I mean, seeing that you want to renew your contract, wouldn't they be interested on negotiating to a better agreement seeing you want to stay?

Anthony..

16 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

Hey Brendan. Glad to have you on with us again bro. Now worries my man. Always glad to share your content and to show continued support as always for what you do. 

To answer your question Brendan, is the video output working on your Sylvania before to did so with the Neo-Geo?

But truthfully, he Sharp CRT that you have posted with the screen shot looks so beautifully amazing. I mean, just look at those vibrant colors and sharpness that it shows on the screen. Neo-Geo was meant for these classic units, and it shows in the pic for sure. Let it stay on the Sharp unit. You can see why with the photos Stunning.

If I'm not mistaken, in the old SNK Neo-Geo advertisements, they use to use Sharp TV's to demonstrate their games.  :)

Anthony..

The video port on the Sylvania tv works fine, because I hook up my Wii on the port, and my DVD/VCR combo player. I couldn't agree more with you Anthony! I absolutely love how my Neo Geo AES looked on my Sharp CRT! Thank you! Oh no way! That would be cool if SNK actually used Sharp brand TV's in their advertisements for the AES! I have a theory I'll run by you as why it only put audio out, and no video. The AV cable included with the console only has the yellow (video) and white (audio L) ends on the cable. I believe my Sylvania tv didn't pick up on the signal my Neo Geo AES put out, and that's why it only put out audio, and no video. I don't know if that makes any sense, but I hope you understand what I'm talking about. Anyway I hooked up my AES to my Sharp CRT tv, and let it sit/played Samurai Shodown II for exactly 2 hours strait to "put it through it's passes" if you will. It didn't skip a beat! It works perfectly! No issues whatsoever! I did remover both stickers on it too! I'll take pictures of how they look now, and post them on here tomorrow. Have a good night bro!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

Pardon me for asking Steve, but why do you have to pay double rent? I mean, seeing that you want to renew your contract, wouldn't they be interested on negotiating to a better agreement seeing you want to stay?

Anthony..

Yeah, I don't know. That's just how it is. Double rent for the month that I renew my contract.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dak1ngofgames98 said:

Oh wow! Batman Return of the Joker on NES is a hard game to come by! Very cool! Sunsoft at it's best! I feel the same way you do my friend about people adding price tags/stickers to video games and consoles. I usually do the same thing with my video games, and consoles but I thought I would make an acception for this. I'm not, and those stickers are coming the hell off! 

No doubt.  I've figured out some techniques over the years to obliterate various stickers, or even remove the from easy to damage surfaces.  Maybe a decade ago, and now given the crappy costs I wish I had kept the game and manual, but I had a fairly defaced RC Pro Am 2.  Rental copy, the manual face had this white office rectangle sticker with a number written on it, I was actually able to pry it off entirely clean, though it did leave a nicer color space where the rest faded with 25 years of age. :D  Those game adx stickers, he was a cheap ass, he got the easily dissolved versions of the hard to get off insidious VOID stickers rental places used.  All you need to do is saturate it with some 91% alcohol, it'll eat right through the silvery glue.  Just peel the clear face of it up, then wipe a little with a paper towel and it'll come off like it never existed.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Hmmm. Welp, I guess they have their reasons. Anyway. That's great to know about the BaseBall Stars 2 for the AES Steve. Interestingly, I've been after that game to add to the collection for years. Fun game for sure. I have it on the NGCD. 8^)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

/ 『KOF ALLSTAR』 3周年記念アップデート 事前登録ページオープン! \ 開催期間中、事前登録して ルビー3,000個をGETしよう! 開催期間:7/13~7/28 15:00 事前登録ページはこちら▼ https://kofallstar.netmarble.net/ja/summerupdate#prereg

3周年記念アップデートお楽しみに #KOFAS #KOF

/ "KOF ALLSTAR" 3rd Anniversary Update Pre-registration page open! \ Pre-register and get 3,000 rubies during the event! Holding period: 7 / 13-7 / 28 15:00 Click here for pre-registration page ▼ https://kofallstar.netmarble.net/ja/summerupdate#prereg

Stay tuned for the 3rd Anniversary Update  #KOFAS#KOF

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【コミュニティイベント開催】 3周年記念イラストコンテスト開催 7/26に『KOF ALLSTAR』は3周年を迎えます 来たる3周年記念をテーマとしたイラストを描いて コミュニティにてアップしてみてください! 皆さまの素敵なイラストをお待ちしています 詳細はコミュニティにて #KOFAS #KOF

[Community event held]  3rd Anniversary Illustration Contest Held  "KOF ALLSTAR" will celebrate its 3rd anniversary on 7/26  Draw an illustration with the theme of the upcoming 3rd anniversary and upload it to the community! We look forward to your wonderful illustrations  See the community for details  #KOFAS#KOF

Anthony..