IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

【MSA お知らせ】 本日より7月20日まで新イベント「UGLY FRIEND」を開催中! ステージをクリアして「エレファントスラッグ(ストーム)」や「正規軍ライフル兵」をゲット! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210714_01h4c8x.html

Translated from Japanese by

[MSA Notice] A new event "UGLY FRIEND" is being held from today to July 20th! Clear the stage and get "Elephant Slug (Storm)" and "Regular Army Rifle Soldier"! #MSA#メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210714_01h4c8x.html

Anthony..

12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

No doubt.  I've figured out some techniques over the years to obliterate various stickers, or even remove the from easy to damage surfaces.  Maybe a decade ago, and now given the crappy costs I wish I had kept the game and manual, but I had a fairly defaced RC Pro Am 2.  Rental copy, the manual face had this white office rectangle sticker with a number written on it, I was actually able to pry it off entirely clean, though it did leave a nicer color space where the rest faded with 25 years of age. :D  Those game adx stickers, he was a cheap ass, he got the easily dissolved versions of the hard to get off insidious VOID stickers rental places used.  All you need to do is saturate it with some 91% alcohol, it'll eat right through the silvery glue.  Just peel the clear face of it up, then wipe a little with a paper towel and it'll come off like it never existed.

I did get both stickers off! I thought about using alcohol, buy instead I used clorox disinfectant wipes. I ripped the stickers off, and saw that classic game sticker word "VOID". I then scrubbed really hard with the wipes and got "VOID" and the sticky residue off completely. You can't even tell there was stickers in the 2 areas now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dak1ngofgames98 said:

So I successfully removed both "Game ADX" store stickers that were on the undersides of my AES console, and controller I bought last week. I think I did a good job, and they look great! 

Oh! Amazing Brendan. I looks like it was never added on to the console or controller. Nice work bro. So alcohol and Clorox disinfected wipes. I'll keep it mine when I have to remove of of mine. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Welp, been awhile since I shared anything regarding the exA Arcadia Multi Game System. The unit that claims to be the next Neo-Geo MVS. So here's a video from PrimeTimeAmusements promoting the piece. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Bring fighters, shoot 'em ups and other classic genres back to your arcade - but with brand NEW games - with the exA-Arcadia multi-game system. Much like the Neo Geo MVS of the 90's, this platform uses cartridges where you can swap out the titles in just a moment if you wish. Each cabinet holds up to 4 games at once. With 17 titles currently available and over 50 in development, this is bringing the skill back to video games, at a price that's tough to beat!"

Anthony..

Hello. I am grateful to be here, thanks to the wonderous recommendation by fdurso. Never really played the neo geo hardware, i'm only familiar with the -arcade machine- (Neo Geo IS the arcade machine, sorry) fell in love with the hardware and games. Metal slug rules!

Edited by Frozone212
typo

15 minutes ago, Frozone212 said:

Hello. I am grateful to be here, thanks to the wonderous recommendation by fdurso. Never really played the neo geo hardware, i'm only familiar with the -arcade machine- (Neo Geo IS the arcade machine, sorry) fell in love with the hardware and games. Metal slug rules!

Hi Frozone,

You're very welcome. Thank you for stopping by, "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" here on AtariAge. Please enjoy your stay and have fun browsing through our many pages we accumulated. If you have any questions, feel free to as, and will be glad to answer them as best we can for you kind sir.  :)

Ah! A superb choice on liking Metal Slug Frozone. We can certainly understand why you enjoy it bro. :)

Anthony..

38 minutes ago, Frozone212 said:

Before it closed down, Game exchange in lodi (behind Dragon Lite deli) used to have a Neo geo arcade machine. Now it's a barber shop :(

That's interesting to know Frozone. Was it a 4 slot unit or remember the games that where in the cabinet?

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

1 minute ago, Frozone212 said:

i remember it was set to free play and had 1943 and a few others

Gotcha. Free play. Can't go wrong with that. :)

I believe 1943 was a Capcom game Frozone. Maybe the Neo-Geo MVS cab was modded to have many other titles in it?

Anthony..

maybe, never asked the dude. Never chose credit either lol

Hahaha. No worries bro. But still. Can't say know to free plays. I would never leave. :D

Ever thought of owning a Neo-Geo AES or the other units like the Neo Geo CD or the Neo Geo Pocket Color?

Anthony..

GOD YES! 

I'd buy one but the space in my room is...cramped.

I'd buy one in a heartbeat

Awesome bro. There a lot of sellers off Ebay that sell Japanese AES home consoles at fair prices. And to save money, you can buy a NeoSD flash cart and have all the titles from the Neo-Geo library to save money. A great item to have :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

well, not right off the back mind you. maybe later.

Sure thing. They're always available. And if you need assistance, we can help. Good thing to know is the Neo-Geo are region free and all Neo-Geo games will work on the AES with no trouble at all. :)

Anthony..

12 minutes ago, Frozone212 said:

so it will work with NTSC tv's?

Yes, that's correct Frozone. In fact, my first AES unit (which I still have and play) is Japanese. It will work fine on NTSC TV's with no trouble.

However, it's important to note that Even though Neo-Geo AES units are region free, the language will be automatically set to be displayed for the region it was setup originally for.

For example, if you have  an English version Magician Lord game playing on a Japanese Neo-Geo AES, it will read it in Japanese. It will work and can be played as it should, but the language would be in Japanese.....

The same would go if you had a Japanese Magician Lord on a English Neo-Geo AES console. It will work and play, but the language with be in English....

The only exception is if the game as a Japanese exclusive. Than it would only be in Japanese text and language because the game would only be for sale originally in Japan. 

Now if you have a Unibios chip installed into your Neo-Geo AES, you can set the language, gameplay, and whatever you have in mind to your preference.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

If i bought one from here, could the chip be pre installed? (I have no engineering experience or know how to fix anything broken)

The Unibios chips are modern day options that can be done by a game technician. You can go on Ebay or other online stores to see if one has an AES unit with the chip installed already.  If you buy a unit without the chip already inside, I can recommend @mobiusstriptech and @CZroe since they are great members in AtariAge that can help you with the service.

Anthony..