IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

ブラジルのインフルエンサーのDenise Buenoさん( )とMais Geekの方( )が来てくれました! ブラジルでKOFが人気だと教えていただけて嬉しかったです #KOF15TGS #SNK #KOF #KOF15 #TGS2021
Translated from Japanese by
Brazilian influencer Denise Bueno ( ) And Mais Geek ( ) Came! I was happy to hear that KOF is popular in Brazil. #KOF15TGS #SNK#KOF#KOF15#TGS2021

Anthony..

Hi guys,

[KOF XV] Oh snap! We got JIYUNA( ), Majin Obama( ),East( ) checking out the SNK booth! Be sure to check out their twitter for more KOF XV info! ★Check out #KOF15TGS to stay up-to-date! #SNK #KOF #KOF15 #TGS2021

Anthony..

Hi guys,

過去に実施したイベント商品のリバイバル販売が開始! いずれの商品も準備数に限りがございます!是非、この機会にお買い求めください♪ 販売期間:2021/10/31(日)23時59分まで お届け予定日:2021年11月末予定 注意事項などの詳細は下記URLよりご確認ください。 https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=384 #SNK
Revival sales of event products carried out in the past have started! The number of preparations for each product is limited! Please take this opportunity to purchase ♪ Sale period: Until 23:59 on Sunday, October 31, 2021 Scheduled delivery date: Scheduled for the end of November 2021 Please check the URL below for details such as precautions. https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=384 #SNK

Anthony..

Hi guys,

『KOF XV』日本代表のLaggia&少年ら新旧強豪プレイヤーたちに新作の手応えを聞いた――「僕らがやり込んできた『KOF』らしさがある」【TGS2021】 #SNK #KOF15 #KOF15TGS #TGS2021 https://famitsu.com/matome/kof-xv/report02.html
"KOF XV" Japan representative Laggia & boys and other powerful players, old and new, asked about the response of the new work- "There is a feeling of" KOF "that we have been working on" [TGS2021] #SNK#KOF15#KOF15TGS#TGS2021https://famitsu.com/matome/kof-xv/report02.html

Anthony..

Hi guys,

We value our supporters feedback, patience and trust in us. Hence we're super thrilled to announce that we teamed up with
@AntstreamArcade to organise a global playtest, featuring the updated Tera Factory stage we shared footage of last week.  #projectneon #neogeo #shmup

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Anthony..

Hi guys,

「SNK × Roland V-MODA NEOGEO CROSSFADE LP2 」のKOFXVモデルが数量限定で予約販売開始! 「草薙京」、「八神庵」など全7種のデザインが登場! 予約期間:2021年11月30日(火)まで お届け:2022年2月17日(木)予定 ご注文受付数:各種お1人様1点まで ★詳しくはコチラ★ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=383 #SNK
The KOF XV model of "SNK x Roland V-MODA NEOGEO CROSSFADE LP2" is now available for pre-order in limited quantities! A total of 7 designs including "Kyo Kusanagi" and "Iori Yagami" are now available! Reservation period: Delivery until November 30, 2021 (Tuesday): Scheduled for February 17, 2022 (Thursday) Number of orders accepted: Up to 1 item per person ★ Click here for details ★ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=383 #SNK

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Whoops! Sorry I miss your tweet @aduffy1976. It's up now for you to see Allan. :)

Not want to give too much away but the latest edition of @RetroGamer_Mag
has some great coverage of the excellent #SNK #NeoGeo Pocket Colour so I thought I would stick some fresh batteries in my during my lunch break. #NGPC #NGCD #retrogaming

Anthony..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

Whoops! Sorry I miss your tweet @aduffy1976. It's up now for you to see Allan. :)

Not want to give too much away but the latest edition of @RetroGamer_Mag
has some great coverage of the excellent #SNK #NeoGeo Pocket Colour so I thought I would stick some fresh batteries in my during my lunch break. #NGPC #NGCD #retrogaming

Anthony..

Thanks Anthony that was a fun lunch break 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aduffy1976 said:

Just ordered my NGCD version of Xeno Crisis look forward to it coming in the post soon I hope ?  

Your timing sounds pretty good. I just got my second "MVS preorder shipped" email from bitmap bureau with this little bit in it:

"So, we are very pleased to say that Xeno Crisis for Neo Geo has shipped! All AES, MVS and NGCD pre-orders were shipped in one big batch on Monday. (Only any orders from the last 2-3 weeks will need to be caught up asap)."

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, aduffy1976 said:

Just ordered my NGCD version of Xeno Crisis look forward to it coming in the post soon I hope ?  

Excellent Allan. Mike and his team at Bitmap Bureau are fantastic. They always kept up-to-date with all of it's investors and have fantastic public relation skills. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

「THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV」開発者インタビュー。アッシュやオロチチームなど意外とも言えるキャラたちの参戦経緯を聞いた https://4gamer.net/games/472/G047267/20211001128/ #KOF15
Interview with the developer of "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV". We asked about the history of the participation of surprising characters such as Ash and Orochi team. https://4gamer.net/games/472/G047267/20211001128/ #KOF15

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Interview with the developer of "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV". We asked about the history of the participation of surprising characters such as Ash and Orochi team.

The new fighting game "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV" ( PC / PS5 / Xbox Series X / PS4 , hereafter KOF XV) that SNK was exhibiting at the Makuhari Messe venue of Tokyo Game Show 2021 . This work is the latest numbering title of the popular fighting game "THE KING OF FIGHTERS" series, and is scheduled to be released on February 17, 2022.

Thumbnail of image collection # 003 / Interview with the developer of "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV".  We asked about the history of the participation of surprising characters such as Ash and Orochi team.

This time, while trying out this work at the SNK booth, we had the opportunity to hear from chief producer Yasuyuki Oda , game director Ama Kaito, and creative director Eisuke Ogura (remote participation) at the venue. If you are a fan, you can hear stories about how unexpected characters such as Ash and Orochi team participated in the war, so please read on.

Mr. Yasuyuki Oda (left), Mr. Kaito in the air (right)
Thumbnail of image collection # 002 / Interview with the developer of "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV".  We asked about the history of the participation of surprising characters such as Ash and Orochi team.

Also, in the "KOF XV Special Program" delivered yesterday, three people from the development appeared and sent out various information related to the development. Please check this as well.

[TGS2021 SNK] KOF XV Special Program (Japanese)

Clik to Play
Clik to Play
bg_streaming_youtube_control_512.gif

"THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV" official website

We aimed for a lineup with a festive feel and freshness.

4Gamer:
 Thank you for your time today. Since the previous work "KOF XIV" was released in August 2016, it was the first numbering title in 5 years. When did development start?

Mr. Yasuyuki Oda (hereinafter, Mr. Oda): The
 title was announced at Evolution in 2019, but it was decided to produce this work at the stage of developing "KOF XIV" in the first place. However, the development started properly when the development of "SAMURAI SPIRITS" was completed.

4Gamer:
 About two years have passed since the title was announced, and the release date has been decided on February 17, 2022. Did the development itself proceed as expected?

Mr. Oda: It
 has been postponed from the time when it was originally planned to be released, but no major problems have occurred since the new schedule was set up. We are developing it so that it will be delivered to you on February 17, 2022, so please look forward to it.

4Gamer:
 Speaking of the KOF series, attention is also focused on the participating characters in each work. In this work, there was a revival of surprising members such as Ash and Orochi team. Please tell us the selection criteria for your character.

Mr. Eisuke Ogura (hereinafter referred to as Mr. Ogura): Since
 we have revived various characters in the story of the previous work, we wanted to re-appear the characters that were often requested by users in this work.
 The aim was to create a lineup with a festive feel and freshness, and I think we were able to achieve this by aligning the main characters of successive numbering titles and by having the three types of sacred treasure teams and Orochi teams participate in the war.

Thumbnail of image collection # 004 / Interview with the developer of "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV".  We asked about the history of the participation of surprising characters such as Ash and Orochi team.

4Gamer: Since the
 selection of characters is full of variety, I'm also worried about the interaction between the characters.

Mr. Ama Ama (hereinafter referred to as Mr.
 Ama ? Of course, the original dialogue is also available in this work. Demos have also been added to some teams.

Mr. Ogura:
 In addition to that, we are also preparing a story that specific characters can interact with each other only in "Story Mode". I would like fans of the series to look for various things and have fun.

4Gamer: In
 addition to 39 characters from 13 teams, 6 characters will appear in the download content. When do you plan to distribute this?

Mr. Oda: Although
 it is undecided, we would like to inform you about the delivery time before the release. In addition, 6 DLC members have become TEAM PASS1 and are planning to develop DLC after that.

4Gamer:
 What is the overall concept of the game in this game?

Mr.
 Kuchu : This work is a sequel to "KOF XIV", so we are developing it so that those who were playing the previous work can play it as it is without any discomfort. In the story, Shunei, the main character from the previous work, is playing an active part.
 After that, in order to appeal the tournament-likeness of KOF, we are re-appearing Clements Bellamy, the tournament facilitator who was impressive in the previous work.

Thumbnail of image collection # 006 / Interview with the developer of "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV".  We asked about the history of the participation of surprising characters such as Ash and Orochi team.
Thumbnail of image collection # 013 / Interview with the developer of "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV".  We asked about the history of the participation of surprising characters such as Ash and Orochi team.

4Gamer:
 Speaking of the story, Ash Crimson made a real comeback in the ending of the previous work. It is said that you will participate in this work as a playable, but what happened?

Mr. Oda:
 The story of XIV is made by reviewing "KOF XIII" at the time of development of "KOF XIV" and imagining the influence of gravitational waves of enormous energy that connects the past and present space-time. Doesn't it affect various things in the past and future starting from the time when the phenomenon occurs? I thought about various things.

4Gamer:
 Thanks to that, the main characters have been aligned in this work, and the expected team has revived.

Thumbnail of image collection # 005 / Interview with the developer of "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV".  We asked about the history of the participation of surprising characters such as Ash and Orochi team.

Adopted rollback method in response to player requests

4Gamer: In the
 KOF series, the new system is often the key to the battle, but please tell us more about the new system of this work.

Mr. Kuchu:
 First of all, it is a "shutter strike" that launches an attack with guard points, but since the KOF series is basically a game with a strong attack, we have newly added it as a system that can be used for defense. However, it is not something that can only be used when defending, but it can also be used as an offensive accent by making use of guard points.

4Gamer:
 Shutter strike induces a belly collapse when hit, but I felt it was quite strong when I used it.

Mr.
 Kuchu : That 's right. In the current trial version, even if you cancel from a normal attack, you will get hungry and you can chase after it. We will continue to make adjustments so that this area does not become too strong.

Thumbnail of image collection # 008 / Interview with the developer of "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV".  We asked about the history of the participation of surprising characters such as Ash and Orochi team.

4Gamer:
 How about "Max Mode" whose specifications have changed from the previous work?

Mr. Kuchu: In the
 previous work, the combo from quick activation was the main usage in Max mode, so I increased the gauge consumption from 1 gauge to 2 gauge so as not to be overwhelmed.
 Also, in the previous work, the activation in the neutral state was not often seen, so when the neutral is activated, the attack power and guard crash value are increased. While Max Mode is active, you can also perform EX Special Moves and Shutter Strikes according to the Max Gauge, so I would like you to actively use Neutral Activation.

4Gamer:
 I felt that the EX Special Move, which can be used at any time with 0.5 gauge, has a wide range of movements.

Mr.
 Kuchu : Since it can be released at any time, there are some that have slightly lower performance than the EX Special Move of the previous work. That area is well adjusted with trade-offs.

Mr. Oda:
 Terry's EX Burn Knuckle was rampant in the program distribution (laughs).

Mr.
 Kuchu : Some of them have EX Special Moves with such amazing performance (laughs).

Thumbnail of image collection # 009 / Interview with the developer of "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV".  We asked about the history of the participation of surprising characters such as Ash and Orochi team.

4Gamer:
 I heard that the rollback method will be adopted for online net code from this work. Was there a lot of requests from players here?

Mr. Kuchu:
 That's right. In particular, many people from overseas asked us to use the rollback method. Recently, due to the influence of the new coronavirus, it is difficult to gather offline for competitions and competitions, so considering global expansion, I think the rollback method will become a must.

Mr. Oda:
 I think that the delay method is better for players who have a good internet environment. However, when it comes to playing against distant players, I think the rollback method is easier to fight.

4Gamer: For
 SNK's work, the rollback method was also implemented in "THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH". How is the response of implementing this?

Mr. Oda:
 Depending on the game system, it may be easy to roll back or it may be difficult to roll back, but I feel that "KOF 02 UM" is suitable for the combo system. However, if you adjust the game to rollback too much, the KOF-ness will be lost, so it is quite difficult to adjust it with "KOF XV".

4Gamer:
 "Draft VS" has been added to this game as a new battle format in which players compete with each other for characters. This is an unprecedented format, but please tell us your intentions.

Mr. Oda:
 Draft VS is a request from users, or I heard from a legend that the person who distributes "KOF XIV" wanted such a battle format, and I implemented it because it seems to be interesting.

Also, in the battle mode of this work, as in the previous work, "Party VS" that 6 people can use one character each is implemented, but by adding a "substitute function" that one person can use multiple characters, You can now enjoy the match without having to gather 6 people.

4Gamer:
 Is there any content that can be enjoyed by one person other than the battle?

Mr. Kuchu:
 Continuing from the previous work, we have implemented a "trial mode", so I think we can practice all the combos. There is also a "DJ STATION" where you can listen to more than 300 songs from the KOF series and SNK masterpieces, and a "Gallery mode" where you can enjoy various movies and character voices, so I hope you enjoy that too.

4Gamer:
 Thank you for your time today.

Thumbnail of image collection # 011 / Interview with the developer of "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV".  We asked about the history of the participation of surprising characters such as Ash and Orochi team.
Thumbnail of image collection # 012 / Interview with the developer of "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV".  We asked about the history of the participation of surprising characters such as Ash and Orochi team.

Anthony..