IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

【EVO Japan 2024 SNK BOOTH】 歴代餓狼伝説シリーズのキーアートを展示!ぜひご覧ください。 #CotW
Translated from Japanese by
[EVO Japan 2024 SNK BOOTH] Key art from the Garou Legend series will be on display! Please take a look. #CotW
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

GMImj15bgAAoaZx?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hi guys,

EVO Japan 2024が開幕しました! 皆さまのご来場をお待ちしております。   #SNK #餓狼伝説 #CotW #EVOJ24
EVO Japan 2024 has begun! We look forward to seeing you there. #SNK #餓狼伝説 #CotW #EVOJ24

GMIT_rGaQAA3Twz?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

EVO Japan 2024 At the SNK booth, in addition to the first demo of "Fatal Fury City of the Wolves," popular cosplayer Enako will also be participating on April 28th! We look forward to seeing you there. #SNK #餓狼伝説 #CotW #EVOJ24 #えなこ

GMGHXP2bAAAuCgJ?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony...

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2024 at 9:04 PM, shane857 said:

At the moment I have my NEO-GEO CD connected to a retrotink 2x pro and an m-classic to my hdtv. Picture is good thou some interference because it's connected through composite. Obviously the way to go is CRT T.V. I have not got the room or the budget for a decent one thou.

So exploring this option for people that have NEO-GEO AES/CD and would prefer a cheaper option.

I have ordered this from Amazon US and will give my honest opinion when it arrives.

61HtQqCP65L._AC_SX679_.jpg

This arrived today. For £30/$40 it's...pretty good. Cheaper than buying a CRT T.V and the games look much better to composite, which I was using. On the plus side the games look really crisp and clear apart from some kind of random 'smoothing or other effect' going on.

Sometimes sprites on games have like a jail bar effect, only for a second thou. For the price I recommend it thou. 👍🏻

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Just bought a gem for $23! Ranagard Shinoken! The only 3D rendered fighter on the Neo-Geo CD/MVS/AES! It’s one of my favorites.

Awesome to see this from you Mike. For some reason, I always forget to mention Ranagard Shinoken. I don't know why. Maybe because of the other fighters that exist for the Neo-Geo, or other conversions come about that lead me to forget doing so. Either way, great purchase bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

#EVOJapan2024 #EVOJ24 ブース紹介 「株式会社SNK」 SNKブースではシリーズ最新作『餓狼伝説 City of the Wolves』の初試遊が出来ます! 今ならテリー・ボガードとの撮影も出来る!? ぜひSNKブースにお立ち寄りください!
#EVOJapan2024 #EVOJ24  Booth Introduction  "SNK Corporation" At the SNK booth, you can try out the latest game in the series, "Garou Densetsu City of the Wolves" for the first time! Now you can even take a photo with Terry Bogard! Please stop by the SNK booth!

GMNwKYObQAATxtO?format=jpg&name=small

GMNwKYWb0AAnUb0?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【餓狼伝説CotW】 極限流空手の師範代「マルコ・ロドリゲス」のキャラクタートレーラーを公開! Voice Actors [日本語]松田 健一郎 [英語]Earl Baylon >「マルコ・ロドリゲス」キャラクタートレーラー https://youtu.be/9sMD05H1NnY #餓狼伝説 #CotW #松田健一郎 さん
[Fatal Fury CotW] A character trailer for Kyokugenryu Karate instructor Marco Rodriguez has been released! Voice Actors [Japanese] Kenichiro Matsuda [English] Earl Baylon >"Marco Rodriguez" character trailer https://youtu.be/9sMD05H1NnY #餓狼伝説 #CotW #松田健一郎

GMOdggXbwAAugS2?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【餓狼伝説CotW】 最新スクリーンショットを公開! >「マルコ・ロドリゲス」キャラクタートレーラー https://youtu.be/9sMD05H1NnY #餓狼伝説 #CotW #松田健一郎 さん
[Fatal Fury CotW] Latest screenshots released! >"Marco Rodriguez" character trailer https://youtu.be/9sMD05H1NnY #餓狼伝説 #CotW #松田健一郎

GMOditGbsAA3Kmr?format=jpg&name=360x360

GMOdiudbAAAFWX5?format=jpg&name=360x360

GMOdiubbQAAhnv2?format=jpg&name=360x360

GMOdiuab0AAl7lQ?format=jpg&name=360x360

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

[EVO Japan]「餓狼伝説 City of the Wolves」試遊レポート。前作から継承された「餓狼らしさ」と戦略性を高める新システムが融合 https://4gamer.net/games/649/G064915/20240428004/ さまざまな用途がある「REVシステム」やハイパーディフェンスといった新要素が新たな駆け引きを生みそうだ
[EVO Japan] "Garou Densetsu City of the Wolves" demo report. A fusion of the "Garou-ness" inherited from the previous game and a new system that enhances strategy. https://4gamer.net/games/649/G064915/20240428004/ New elements such as the versatile "REV System" and Hyper Defense are likely to create new tactics.

[EVO Japan] “Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves” trial report. A fusion of the "Garou-like" style inherited from the previous work and a new system that enhances strategy.

The fighting game event "EVO Japan 2024" is being held at Ariake GYM-EX in Tokyo. A trial console for the new fighting game ``Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves'' was set up at the SNK booth at the venue .

https://www.4gamer.net/games/649/G064915/20240428004/

Thumbnail image of image collection No.002 / [EVO Japan] "Gaarou: City of the Wolves" trial report. A fusion of the "Garou-like" style inherited from the previous work and a new system that enhances strategy.

"Fatal Fury City of the Wolves" (hereinafter referred to as "Fatal Fury CotW") is the latest installment in SNK's fighting game "Fatal Fury" series. It is a title that strongly inherits the worldview and game system of ``Garou MOW'' (hereinafter referred to as Garou MOW) , which began operations in arcades in 1999 and was later ported to various home consoles .

Basic operations of "Fatal Fury CotW" (PS5 version compliant). The character is controlled using the direction keys, four normal attack buttons, and the REV guard button to utilize the REV system introduced in this work.
Thumbnail image of image collection No.003 / [EVO Japan] “Gaarou Densetsu City of the Wolves” trial report. A fusion of the "Garou-like" style inherited from the previous work and a new system that enhances strategy.

Smart style with easy-to-operate standing position. It will be difficult to differentiate between weak and strong attacks, but you will be able to perform special moves by pressing the lever + 1 button.
Thumbnail image of image collection No. 004 / [EVO Japan] “Garou Densetsu City of the Wolves” trial report. A fusion of the "Garou-like" style inherited from the previous work and a new system that enhances strategy.

In the version exhibited this time, five characters could be used: Rock Howard, Terry Bogard, Hotaru Futaba, Gryphon Mask, and Preecha, and players could experience battles against the CPU and against humans.

Rock Howard, the main character, and Terry Bogard, the face of the Fatal Fury series.
Thumbnail image of image collection No.005 / [EVO Japan] "Gaarou Densetsu City of the Wolves" trial report. A fusion of the "Garou-like" style inherited from the previous work and a new system that enhances strategy.

Futaba Hotaru and Griffon Mask continue to participate from “Garou MOW”. The former has easy-to-use special moves including projectiles, while the latter uses a variety of throwing techniques.
Thumbnail image of image collection No.006 / [EVO Japan] "Gaarou: City of the Wolves" trial report. A fusion of the "Garou-like" style inherited from the previous work and a new system that enhances strategy.
Thumbnail image of image collection No. 007 / [EVO Japan] “Garrou: City of the Wolves” trial report. A fusion of the "Garou-like" style inherited from the previous work and a new system that enhances strategy.

Precha is a completely new character from this work. He has the backbone of being Joe Higashi's number one disciple. 6 Like his master, he is good at foot techniques, such as combinations connected by repeatedly hitting the +△ button, kicking techniques derived from steps, and missiles fired from his feet.
Thumbnail image of image collection No.008 / [EVO Japan] "Gaarou Legend City of the Wolves" trial report. A fusion of the "Garou-like" style inherited from the previous work and a new system that enhances strategy.

In this version, you can choose between arcade style (conventional controls) and smart style (simple controls) for all characters , and almost all of the original systems of the previous game ``Garou MOW'' have been inherited. The graphics and operation feel are sophisticated, and I feel that the level of completion is quite high at this point. Just Defense

, which was a distinctive system in Garou MOW , Guard Cancel , which releases a special move from Just Defense, and Braking , which allows you to cancel the special move midway through and move on to other actions, can be performed with the same feeling, and the powerful He was also able to cancel out the stiffness of the attack with a feint technique and extend the combo.

Just defense activated by guarding at the right time. Scraping damage is nullified, and if you input the special move quickly after activation, you can perform a guard cancel special move.
Thumbnail image of image collection No.009 / [EVO Japan] "Gaarou Densetsu City of the Wolves" trial report. A fusion of the "Garou-like" style inherited from the previous work and a new system that enhances strategy.

Braking that cancels the stiffness of special moves. When blocked, you can reduce the gap after the move, and when it hits, you can often transition to a combo.
Thumbnail image of image collection No.010 / [EVO Japan] "Gaarou Densetsu City of the Wolves" trial report. A fusion of the "Garou-like" style inherited from the previous work and a new system that enhances strategy.

Particularly powerful in "Garou MOW" are the 0-frame super special move (a super move that guarantees a hit if you don't take a guard pose before the blackout), the difficult-to-escape combination that makes full use of braking, and the feint cancel multiple times. It seems that instant death combos that can be created by linking them together cannot be reproduced in "Fatal Fury CotW".

However, when I asked the staff, the super special move performed by guard canceling from just defense "occurs in almost 0 frames ," and feint canceling is also designed to be "incorporated into a combo at least once." It seems that the part where the accuracy of a player's operations is easily reflected in their ability is still alive and well.

In this game, you can perform just defense (hyper defense) by inputting the front input at the right time during continuous guard. It seems difficult to use because the grace period is short and the attack will hit if it fails.
Thumbnail image of image collection No. 013 / [EVO Japan] “Garrou: City of the Wolves” trial report. A fusion of the "Garou-like" style inherited from the previous work and a new system that enhances strategy.

Furthermore, in this work, various actions that can be performed using the new system ``SPG (Selective Potential Gear)'' and ``REV Gauge'' give new accents to the battle.

SPG is a system that allows you to choose when to strengthen your character at the beginning, middle, or end of the health gauge. Also related to the usage conditions of the most powerful REV blow in the REV system.
Thumbnail image of image collection No. 014 / [EVO Japan] “Garrou: City of the Wolves” trial report. A fusion of the "Garou-like" style inherited from the previous work and a new system that enhances strategy.
Thumbnail image of image collection No.015 / [EVO Japan] "Gaarou: City of the Wolves" trial report. A fusion of the "Garou-like" style inherited from the previous work and a new system that enhances strategy.

REV-related actions include "REV Arts"  that strengthen special moves , "REV Accel" that allows you to perform a powerful follow-up attack after REV Arts , "REV Guard" that increases the distance between you and the opponent compared to a normal guard , and attacks while parrying the opponent's attacks. There is a "REV Blow" that can be used , and these can basically be used as much as you want until the REV gauge reaches 100% (REV Blow can only be used during SPG). When

the REV gauge reaches 100%, it overheats , which not only makes the REV system unusable, but also causes various disadvantages. It is a system that has many uses, and where the REV gauge is used in actual battles will likely vary depending on the player.

By diverting REV gauge resources to REV Arts and REV Accel, you can unleash high-firepower combos.
Thumbnail image of image collection No.016 / [EVO Japan] "Gaarou Densetsu City of the Wolves" trial report. A fusion of the "Garou-like" style inherited from the previous work and a new system that enhances strategy.

REV blow that can only be activated during SPG. It is useful as a counterattack, and can also be used when you want to attack forcefully.
Thumbnail image of image collection No. 017 / [EVO Japan] “Garou Densetsu City of the Wolves” trial report. A fusion of the "Garou-like" style inherited from the previous work and a new system that enhances strategy.

If you use the REV system too much, it will overheat.
Thumbnail image of image collection No. 018 / [EVO Japan] “Gaarou Densetsu City of the Wolves” trial report. A fusion of the "Garou-like" style inherited from the previous work and a new system that enhances strategy.

While following in the footsteps of Garou MOW, which was highly unique and equipped with many innovative systems, ``Galar Fury City of the Wolves'' promises to create new strategies with new systems. The release of the product version is still a long way off, in 2025, but we look forward to future developments such as announcements of new characters and participation in events where more people can experience this work.

Thumbnail image of image collection No.011 / [EVO Japan] “Gaarou Densetsu City of the Wolves” trial report. A fusion of the "Garou-like" style inherited from the previous work and a new system that enhances strategy.

Anthony..

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Not including homebrews, my Neo Geo CD software library is nearing completion. I still have some earlier titles to buy (i.e. League Bowling, Ninja Commando, etc), but the prices have stopped me. $799USD for Ninja Commando is insane!

$799 for Ninja Commando, that is insane!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Just bought a gem for $23! Ranagard Shinoken! The only 3D rendered fighter on the Neo-Geo CD/MVS/AES! It’s one of my favorites.

IMG_8808.thumb.jpeg.38c6608afefbfe840b86e537240ac7d2.jpeg

I may pick that one up also, looks good. Also Galaxy fight looks good...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, shane857 said:

I may pick that one up also, looks good. Also Galaxy fight looks good...

You won’t regret it, @shane857! It’s a great fighter despite it being rendered like Killer Instinct. The graphics are beautiful to say the very least.

I love Galaxy Fight also, but be warned - the game has a program bug in-game that makes ALL opponents nearly impossible to beat. The only way around this issue is to play Alvin (the small fighter with a horn on his forehead) and use a lot of weak punches, kicks and throws to beat them.

It’s a technique I’ve learned to play the game; not sure if others are aware of it. 

I recommend Galaxy Fight if you can find a copy cheap somewhere.

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 2

On 4/27/2024 at 6:23 AM, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

【EVO Japan 2024 SNK BOOTH】 歴代餓狼伝説シリーズのキーアートを展示!ぜひご覧ください。 #CotW
[EVO Japan 2024 SNK BOOTH] Key art from the Garou Legend series will be on display! Please take a look. #CotW

GMImj15bgAAoaZx?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony...

I wish I had a room large enough to hang all these beauties 😀

• Like 2