IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

This morning were with Atariage member Aaron from, Aaron Classic Gamer.

Aaron has done another fantastic single credit run on Cyber-Lip for the MVS using his Multicade unit this time as a chance of pace. A true classic and you should have in your SNK library.

Thank you Aaron for another superb run. Keep up the awesome work! :)

Anthony...

Isn't that game made by the same programmers that made Metal Slug?

• Like 1

Isn't that game made by the same programmers that made Metal Slug?

Hi Baka,

Glad to see you back posting on the Neo-Geo thread.

As a matter of fact, it is! They were originally from Irem that made R-Type and they also did Last Resort for the Neo-Geo as well.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

I'm just a sucker for old Neo-Geo flyers. Ghost Pilots is one of them.

KITT171@Kitsuagi 6h

Today's #arcade game one of my favorites for the #neogeo, Ghost Pilots. #retrogaming #gamersunite

CfN1A1eUYAAe4TT.jpg
CfN1A_OUkAEl5Xd.jpg
CfN1A2eUIAEHvDT.jpg
CfN1BF5VIAAbOUf.jpg
16 retweets17 likes
Retweet
Liked
More

Anthony...

"In 194X, the F country became the final battlefield during the World War"

Where exactly is this "F country"? Something tells me I would like their hospitality, or really hate it. :-D

Hi Phoenix.

Hahaha...I gotcha bro. I always wondered about that! :-D

Anyway, welcome aboard and thank you for posting on the Neo-Geo thread. :)

Feel free to browse around the many pages and postings that we accumulated here for you to enjoy. Hopefully they will be to your liking, and for you to benefit from! If you have any inquires that you like to address, you're more than welcome to post it here. Will try to answer as best as possible for you. Maybe you have a Neo-Geo memory that you would like to share with us that we can read! :)

Thank you for participating Phoenix. See you in the near future on the Neo-Geo thread and throughout the forums. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

KOF is going 3D? Is there a reason for doing this? Sprites do have a certain to it.

Hi Baka,

They decided to go this route to compete with Street Fighter V. They also experimented 3D before with Maximum Impact and felt it was a good new direction for them. I hope this game turns out to be a success. I can't wait to play it.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Ash and Richard have the following update available to tell us about their recent 6 slot mod for Ash's MVS unit.

Stay tuned to @Richard31337 @youtube channel as his battery mod on the six slot mvs is coming soon! #gamersunite

CfJOIZFWIAAwk_o.jpg
6 retweets7 likes
Retweet
Liked
More

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Keeping up with Blazing Star is tough. But entertaining at the same time.

HDDeCch__bigger.jpgMike Vito@VeryEvilAsh Mar 10

Finding it hard to get up and live life when Blazing Star is in the #NeoGeo #retrogaming

CdMJQbZW8AELwVD.jpg

1 retweet4 likes

Retweet

More

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Here's the official SNK/Playmore tweet of it in Japanese

1. KOF XIV体験会にご来場の先着150名様に「KOF XIVマフラータオル」&「KOF XIVスポーツドリンク」、先着500名様に「KOF XIVうちわ」をプレゼントいたします!#KOF14 #KOFXIV

CfQdzYQWEAAcIGh.jpg
    111 retweets69 likes
    Retweet

Translation,

"KOF " KOF XIV Muffler Towel " to the first 150 people of XIV experience meeting to you for coming and " KOF XIV sports drink " , will present the " KOF XIV fan " to the first 500 people ! # KOF14 #KOFXIV"

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys.
More regarding KOF XIV from SNK/Playmore from Japan.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: 国内初の『KOF XIV体験会』を4月25日に開催!24 キャラがプレイできる最新バージョンが登場! http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/press/pdf/160405_01.pdf #KOF14 #KOFXIV

CfQeq7KXEAAq8UY.jpg
191 retweets102 likes
Retweet
Liked
More

Translation,

"THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV:

Held the nation's first of the " KOF XIV experience meeting " on April 25 ! It appeared in the latest version of 24 characters can play !"

Anthony...

Hi guys,

The battle with Terry and Geese never ends.

Anthony...

Terry Bogard vs Geese Howard Power Wave vs Reppu Ken 1991 - 2016 #Nostalgia #KOFXIV #BurnToFight

CfRGE3_WAAAQcYU.jpg
CfRGE_4WwAQ_G9N.jpg
CfRGFF4XIAARuz7.jpg
25 retweets30 likes
Retweet
Liked
More
More

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again with richard31337 (Richard) and TheRetroGamingBlog (Ash) doing an amazing video together playing video games and socializing with friends regarding everything in their particular interest.

In this video, will see Richard helping Ash's 6 slot MVS unit by replacing the battery for the unit that will help retain the BIOS settings and system time. A marvelously done maintenance & repair video by the two gentlemen from across the Atlantic that was excellent from beginning to the end! I hope our fellow members/guest will enjoy this upload. I know I did. :)

From the description,

This video was shot by Ash from RetroGamingBlog when I visited him on the 3rd April 2016 to help with a few things on his new Neo Geo MVS Electrocoin Single arcade cab. It shows how to replace the original battery with a modern replacement and maintain the original operation to retain BIOS settings and system time.

I had previously replaced my own MVS battery and offered to do the same for Ash. He thought other Neo Geo owners may find the mod useful and suggested he shoot the video for my channel, which was nice of him :-) This is the end result which I'm very happy with. Thanks Ash!

Video Provided by Ash from RetroGamingBlog, check out his channel
https://www.youtube.com/RetroGamingBlog

Battery was from Maplin UK - part number BN22Y
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/pcb-mounted...
In case it's unavailable the model used is an ESP-7-64-718B and more info can be found here;
http://www.espspecialbatteries.co.uk/...

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting this Anthony!

It was great to meet Ash, we had a cool time working on the Neo Geo and then later on playing some games once the work was done. Ash will be posting a video on his own channel of the gameplay, which I'm sure he'll be happy to post on here too.

Hope you enjoy the battery mod!

• Like 2

It was great to meet Ash, we had a cool time working on the Neo Geo and then later on playing some games once the work was done. Ash will be posting a video on his own channel of the gameplay, which I'm sure he'll be happy to post on here too.

Hi Richard,

I sure did my good man. Well done :)

A man with your capabilities would certainly be a benefit to others.at a popular uni in the UK. The University of Bath or Chester could use you no doubt with your skills and knowledgeable background! :)

Anthony...

It was great fun! Hopefully we'll film something else in the future! Be it at Rich's or back down my way again. I'm always ready to shoot! :)

Hope the community like the vid and Rich's mod helps a few people out. I think he's a great asset and I can't wait to see what he does next. Lateral thinking meets Neo Geo - anything can happen!

Edited by RetroGamingBlog
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Its keeps getting better. Another screenshot of KOF XIV from SNK/Playmores Americian and Japanese Twitter account.

Here are the latest KOF XIV screenshots for today!! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

Cfbved_UYAAFqq4.jpg
35 retweets65 likes
Retweet
More

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: KOF XIVの最新スクリーンショットを紹介! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

CfbrlmaUYAAcr_l.jpg
89 retweets73 likes
Retweet
More

Anthony...