IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

It was great fun! Hopefully we'll film something else in the future! Be it at Rich's or back down my way again. I'm always ready to shoot! :)

Hope the community like the vid and Rich's mod helps a few people out. I think he's a great asset and I can't wait to see what he does next. Lateral thinking meets Neo Geo - anything can happen!

We sure did Ash. It's a memorable video that will help our members in the community if they ever come across a similar situation in the immediate future. :)

You and Richard keep up the great work. We look forward on your future works together. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Hmmm, looks like legendary Neo-Geo programmer and Atariage member Razoola, might take into consideration of converting the NGCD exclusive Zintrick over to the MVS/AES.

Here's what he had to say on the neo-geo.com forums

"Maybe. I guess there would need to be a choice made though for Zintrick. Use the limited music in that can be salvaged from the CD version or do like with CS2 can take music from another game. Using the CD M ROM data will mean some samples used for music (say like piano or guitar) will be missing and there will be the same music used multiple times in areas it should not be."

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

New characters announced from SNK/playmore for KOF XIV.

G-Mantle (ゲーマント)@SNKPofficial 7h

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: “MUI MUI” & “KUKRI” confirmed in “KOF XIV”!! #KOF14 #KOFXIV https://youtu.be/PPHGg_A6KL0

CfevnC7WsAAfy0R.jpg
69 retweets91 likes
Retweet
Liked
More

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: SNKの人気キャラ「ムイムイ」と謎めいた「ククリ」が参戦! #KOF14 #KOFXIV https://youtu.be/PPHGg_A6KL0

CfevfrHXEAUy_er.jpg
240 retweets123 likes
Retweet
More

Anthony...

• Like 1

Added some titles to my collection! :)

Nice purchases Bix.

Particularly with Metal Slug on the top. Seeing you with these games make me feel glad that new players are interested in the Neo-Geo so it can continue to have a legacy! :)

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Back again with KITT171 doing another fun play through and review. Here, we will see the gentleman play Zed Blade that came out in 1994.

An excellent shump that others in the video game community should take notice on this title. Really impressive I must say! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Interesting Clips from Nemo's Famitsu #KOFXIV Stream and background Info on the New Characters - http://www.orochinagi.com/2016/04/interesting-clips-from-nemos-famitsu-kofxiv-stream-and-background-info-on-the-new-characters

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Thank you Alex at AusRetroGamer for posting my Rage of the Dragons ENG AES version on Twitter.

Wow, looks like we need to go over @Fdurso224Durso’s place & play a bit of Rage of the Dragons! #retrogaming #neogeo

CfjP1UhVAAAVza1.jpg
9 retweets10 likes
Retweeted
Liked
More

Anthony...

my son is trying to

consolize a mvs1

for his 12th b-day

use with a 138-1

it loads real carts

but no sync on

the 138-1 board

see rolling menu

Wonderful Ax,

Glad to see your son partaking in customizing MVS units for home purposes. Another great moment to see the youngsters involved with the Neo-Geo to prepare them for some excellent gaming, history and beyond!

Anthony...

Hi chaps,

Here's the Windjammers 5 min play vid. Retro Rich recently popped by and made a few alterations to the cab, whilst he was down we managed to get our game on! ?

I need much more practice, and a copy of the game!

Hi Ash,

Thank you for posting your video with you and Richard playing Winjammers. Certainly is a fun title and seeing both of your skills playing this really makes it an entertaining video, while the pair of you are enjoying yourselves! :)

Thank you for uploading this for us Ash. Hope to see you and Richard soon with more exciting material! :) !

Anthony

Hi chaps,

Just an update with the latest progress on my MVS cab - I have been documenting the progress. Apologies for what must seem like an onslaught of videos from me lately! There will be some time passing between them now, though there's some more plays from Rich's visit.

His battery mod video can be found in the YouTube description or above in this thread. :)

Enjoy!

Edited by RetroGamingBlog
  • Like 1

Hi chaps,

Just an update with the latest progress on my MVS cab - I have been documenting the progress. Apologies for what must seem like an onslaught of videos from me lately! There will be some time passing between them now, though there's some more plays from Rich's visit.

His battery mod video can be found in the YouTube description or above in this thread. :)

Enjoy!

Another great video Ash. Glad that you're making progress with this beautiful looking 6 slot unit that you have! Keep up the great work and give my regards to Richard if you see or contact him. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with Aaron from Aaron Classic Gamer doing his Neo-Geo weekly challenge. Here we see Aaron playing Blazing Star for the MVS.

Now Aaron has done Blazing Star previously for his single credit run uploads before. But this time it will be for the weekly challenge that he enjoys fulfilling us with for our viewing pleasure! :) Thanks Aaron for another great weekly challenge!

From the description,

"Blazing Star Neo Geo Challenge Week 14-Actual Hardware. Yeah week 14! So I know we have played this game to death, but I've been wanting to play it for about 2 weeks! I tried to get a personal high score to no avail, oh well. Still had a ton of fun, and as usual, try to beat my score. This is a timeless classic horizontal shmup. This is also one of my all time favorite games. Playing this on all original hardware and software. REMEMEMBER TO LIKE, SUBSCRIBE, AND COMMENT! Enjoy and Happy Gaming!!"

Anthony...

• Like 2

Added some titles to my collection! :)

2dj4a43.jpg

Nice pickups there! :) I just won a copy of Blue's Journey myself. Can't wait for it to come in!

Hi chaps,

Here's the Windjammers 5 min play vid. Retro Rich recently popped by and made a few alterations to the cab, whilst he was down we managed to get our game on!

I need much more practice, and a copy of the game!

I wish I had a copy of Windjammers; its one of my most wanted games on the system. Sadly it is far out of my price range. :(

I also just won a game of Neo Turf Masters for the first time (seven or six under par- I can't remember). :-D I don't even play or really watch golf, but it is incredibly addictive. Definitely the best golf game I've seen or played on any platform. Playing it on a real arcade cabinet is just gravy.

Lastly, I'm just wondering what kind of scores you guys get at Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble. I recently cracked 4 million (I had maybe 4.3 million?), and i was just wondering if that's any good at all. Maybe someday there could be a Neo Geo high score list on AtariAge. It would be fun to compete for the AtariAge record in games that I am decent at. Does anyone else think that would be fun and would try to crack a record from time to time? I certainly would :) .

For example (just a few games listed here with obviously made up scores).

Bust a move: 473906 ( Insert Person's username here in parenthesis)

King of fighters 2000: 4 minutes 58 seconds (username)

Blazing star: 380345 (username)

Neo Turf Masters: -10 (username)

Hello gents. Was asked by Mr. Anthony Durso to join up via Twitter. Ive been a lurker here for years and don't have a good excuse on what took me so long to join. Im kinda new to the Neo Geo group as I just got my Omega about a year ago. I have only a few games so far (Baseball Stars Pro & the 161-1 game cart). I Just ordered Samurai Showdown 2 a few mins ago and should have that in a couple of days.

I'm also writer/reviewer at heypoorplayer.com and specialize in retro reviews.

Thanks for having me!

post-46229-0-92622000-1460300907_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

OK, here you go then. My weekly challenge for week 14 - Blazing Star. Generally I'm good at this game, but as you'll see in my video if you're out of practice it really shows! LOL

I said I would not practice before, and that this would be my only take and I've stuck to that as you'll see.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

OK, here you go then. My weekly challenge for week 14 - Blazing Star. Generally I'm good at this game, but as you'll see in my video if you're out of practice it really shows! LOL

I said I would not practice before, and that this would be my only take and I've stuck to that as you'll see.

Enjoy!

Well done Richard.

Thank you for participating and another nicely done video by you. Seeing you do this is some of the reasons why I need a technology overall, and get into these Neo-Geo weekly challenges. Thank you as always and keep up the great work kind sir!

Anthony...

Hello gents. Was asked by Mr. Anthony Durso to join up via Twitter. Ive been a lurker here for years and don't have a good excuse on what took me so long to join. Im kinda new to the Neo Geo group as I just got my Omega about a year ago. I have only a few games so far (Baseball Stars Pro & the 161-1 game cart). I Just ordered Samurai Showdown 2 a few mins ago and should have that in a couple of days.

Thanks for having me!

Hey Mike,

Welcome aboard to Atariage and thank you for participating on the Neo-Geo thread! :)

I'm sure you're going to like it here and meet fantastic people that enjoy video games as much as we do. Excellent looking Omega CMVS unit you got in your picture. Its a great unit and we would love to see you in action with it in a pre-recorded video or live stream someday!

Feel free to browse around for your convenience. Hopefully, we have a posting that will be to your benefit that will help you in your best interest! If you have any inquiries pertaining to the Neo-Geo or SNK/Playmore that you like to address, you're more than welcome to ask on here. Will do our best to answer your questions as best as possible! :)

Thank you posting Mike. You're always welcome to post new videos, reply to comments, and express your reviews on your past moments with the Neo. As always, keep up the great work! See you soon. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the thread! Hope you enjoy what you see here and on the rest of AtariAge :) .

Upon further consideration of the idea I had in the moment above (a few posts back), I actually think it would be really cool to start a thread to keep track of Neo Geo high scores. Kinda like the high score clubs I guess, but not a week to week thing, just a comprehensive over time edited list of the, say, top 5 best scores or times at all of the games on the Neo Geo AES, MVS, and CD. If anyone else would be interested in maybe participating in that and trying to break the high scores, I would like to start that. If a few of you guys would like to participate, I'll get a thread started ASAP :) . I think it would be a ton of fun, but if your not interested, thats totally okay.

• Like 1

Welcome to the thread! Hope you enjoy what you see here and on the rest of AtariAge :) .

Upon further consideration of the idea I had in the moment above (a few posts back), I actually think it would be really cool to start a thread to keep track of Neo Geo high scores. Kinda like the high score clubs I guess, but not a week to week thing, just a comprehensive over time edited list of the, say, top 5 best scores or times at all of the games on the Neo Geo AES, MVS, and CD. If anyone else would be interested in maybe participating in that and trying to break the high scores, I would like to start that. If a few of you guys would like to participate, I'll get a thread started ASAP :) . I think it would be a ton of fun, but if your not interested, thats totally okay.

Hey Justin,

That sounds like a good idea. I'll certainly take that into consideration and would like to participate on doing so. I'm in the process of doing a technology overload in the immediate future. I like to do YouTube videos and live streams so others can see me in action and also have a good emulator for me to play on other units as well. :)

People have been wanting to see my face....But its not Halloween yet ! :-D :-D

Anthony...

Hi all,

So here's my attempt at Aaron's Blazing Star high score challenge. Not a great round for me, I'm pretty new to this one, but quite enjoyed this. I want to get a lot better!

Hey Ash,

Thank you for joining in on the Neo-Geo weekly challenge kind sir. Glad that you're enjoying yourself with Blazing Star and shared your personal experience with us while playing it. We look forward on more of your gameplay videos with your nice MVS unit in the future.

As always, keep up the great work and can't wait to see you playing even more Neo-Geo titles! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224