IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAge member @NeoTurboManiac. Here we see him doing an excellent review of NeoGeo: A Visual History from Bitmap Books. A thumping good read for sure. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Here is a viewing of the Neo·Geo: A Visual History book by Bitmap Books. This book contains 400 pages of interviews, historical information, box and pixel arts, sketches, artwork, conceptual drawings, and more. Enjoy!"

Anthony..

On 3/25/2022 at 4:11 AM, Charlie Cat said:

Hi Lime,

Welcome to the Neo-Geo thread kind sir. Thank you for stopping by and glad to have you on with us. Were welcoming to newcomers and veterans that enjoy the Neo-Geo and SNK products. We hope you'll enjoy yourself on here. Feel free to ask any question that you have in mind. Will be glad to answer them for you as best as we can in a prompt manner.  Welcome aboard. :waving:

Ah! So you're the new owner of this beautiful Neo-Geo AES unit Lime. Thanks fantastic. You're right, it's in impeccable condition and amazing to see it. Everything looks great for it's age for sure. Seeing that this is a Neo-O unit, it's Japanese. Do you have a Unibios installed or have any games for your console yet bro? If you need any reference to find anything to add to your console, will be thrilled to forward you to reputable members in the community that will be to your benefit. 

Amazing! You also had MVS consolized systems as well. Now that's cool Lime. :thumbsup: Do you still have those consoles in your collection?

Glad to have you participating with us Lime. Congrats on your AES system and we can't wait to see more from you here on the Neo-Geo thread and throughout AtariAge. Thank you again and enjoy what we offer. ;-)

Anthony...

Thanks for the warm welcome!! It doesn't have a unibios. I'm fine woth running games in the japanese region, though more options would be nice. I'm not really one to solder so it probably isn't in my future regardless lol. I have a neo sd coming in, and I plan on getting some games physically over the years thst mean a lot to me. 

Each of the consolized mvs systems are gone, including a bardtop build I owned once. Ive had to reset my collection a few times thanks to life and also due to feeling like I had too much (being a minimalist and a retro gamer is a narrow rope to walk on lol).

I just got the system in the mail today. Smells like newspaper and cigarettes, so its from japan, alright lol. Kinda sucks I dont have my neo sd yet but ill wait as patiently as I can. 

One thing is like to upgrade sooner than later is the fight stick. It feels incredibly cheap ans hollow, if thats a good way to put it. I'll have to figure out what I can do button wise to improve it. Also, my joystick ball is cracked and ill need to find a replacement for that as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LIME LYSTA said:

Good to know Lime. We would love to see you playing your Neo SD cart on your Neo-Geo AES. Yeah, when I use to receive a few AES units from Japan. It smelled like newspapers and cigarette too. I had to air them out for a few hours before betting the scent to bearable. Then i would give them a good gentle cleaning to remove the dirt and dust off them. Yuck! ?

As for a good fighting stick, have you considered the option of purchasing a Neo-Geo Hori fighting stick? Those are awesome to have. They might be on the expensive side, but they are well worth owning. The NGCD controller is also great to have as well. Nice clicky pad that's great for convenience. :)

Anthony... 

Yeah, that Neo Geo CD controller is really great. Glad you talked me into buying one of those... need to find a way to get it working on the MiSTer.

Anyway, apparently the console versions of Andro Dunos II have some issues, and that the console versions were not made by Picorinne Soft, who made the original PC version. I don't know exactly what the details are with the console versions, but I do know that the PC version is damn excellent. Kind of moderately worried about the Dreamcast and 3DS versions now...

15 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, that Neo Geo CD controller is really great. Glad you talked me into buying one of those... need to find a way to get it working on the MiSTer.

Anyway, apparently the console versions of Andro Dunos II have some issues, and that the console versions were not made by Picorinne Soft, who made the original PC version. I don't know exactly what the details are with the console versions, but I do know that the PC version is damn excellent. Kind of moderately worried about the Dreamcast and 3DS versions now...

Glad the NGCD controller is to your liking Steve. I use it mostly when I game for the AES. :)

Have you ever continued looking into the Neo-Geo Hori sticks? Those are awesome. You won't be disappointed with them bro. It maybe a little expensive, but it cost more for a reason because they are really worth it. 

Anthony...

Hi guys,

本日の「#KOFXVイラストコンテスト」ピックアップ!(1/3) KOF XVへの思いが詰まった、渾身の力作ですね! 前作に続き、KOF XVも楽しくプレイしてくださると嬉しいです♪ https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xv/contest.pdf #SNK #KOF15 #KOFXV
Translated from Japanese by
Today's " #KOFXVイラストコンテスト " pickup! (1/3) It's a masterpiece full of thoughts about KOF XV! I hope you enjoy playing KOF XV following the previous work ♪ . https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xv/contest.pdf #SNK #KOF15 #KOFXV
Quote Tweet

L-YvBIY9_mini.jpg木乃実@kkkak_11 · Mar 13
#KOFXVイラストコンテスト 15発売おめでとうございます! 初めてが14からなのでまだまだ初心者ですが、楽しくプレイしています

Anthony..

Hi guys,

本日の「#KOFXVイラストコンテスト」ピックアップ!(2/3) 凛々しい表情のウィップとクーラ…まさにクールビューティという言葉がぴったりですね! 是非、お気に入りの2人でたくさんプレイしてくださいね♪ https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xv/contest.pdf #SNK #KOF15 #KOFXV
Today's " #KOFXVイラストコンテスト " pickup! (2/3) A dignified expression whip and cooler ... The word cool beauty is just right! Please play a lot with your favorite two people ♪ https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xv/contest.pdf #SNK #KOF15 #KOFXV
Quote Tweet

ICYa-i6f_mini.jpgNH_cassis@mixverry_77 · Mar 13
アメ(アイスですが)とムチ! この2人が好きで参戦すると聞いて戻ってきた勢です!久しぶりすぎるので慣れるまで時間かかりそうですが少しずつプレイできればと思います! #KOFXVイラストコンテスト

Anthony..

Hi guys,

本日の「#KOFXVイラストコンテスト」ピックアップ!(3/3) 可愛いドット絵の餓狼MotWチーム!背景に参戦キャラクターの名前が…! 餓狼MotWチームをどうぞよろしくお願いいたします♪ https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xv/contest.pdf #SNK #KOF15 #KOFXV
Today's " #KOFXVイラストコンテスト " pickup! (3/3) Fatal Fury MotW team with cute pixel art! The name of the participating character is in the background ...! Thank you for the Fatal Fury MotW team ♪ https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xv/contest.pdf #SNK #KOF15 #KOFXV
Quote Tweet

afwwpP5u_mini.pngヤマルコ@mountainlc · Mar 17
餓狼MotWチーム #KOF15 #pixelart #ドット絵 #KOFXVイラストコンテスト
Show this thread

Anthony..

5 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

Glad the NGCD controller is to your liking Steve. I use it mostly when I game for the AES. :)

Have you ever continued looking into the Neo-Geo Hori sticks? Those are awesome. You won't be disappointed with them bro. It maybe a little expensive, but it cost more for a reason because they are really worth it. 

Anthony...

I haven't seen one of those for some time now. I regret not getting the one that I did see 2 years ago. The price scared me away, but after using the AES controller for some time, I've realized that the AES controller's ergonomics are pretty terrible.

Right now I am using this ultra-sexy controller for arcade games, including Neo Geo games on the MiSTer, and I love it. Extremely highly recommended, and it works on PC, MiSTer, PS3, PS4, and PS5.

https://stores.horiusa.com/real-arcade-pro-n-hayabusa-for-playstation-4/

Edited by Steven Pendleton

1 minute ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I haven't seen one of those for some time now. I regret not getting the one that I did see 2 years ago. The price scared me away, but after using the AES controller for some time, I've realized that the AES controller's ergonomics are pretty terrible.

Right now I am using this ultra-sexy controller for arcade games, including Neo Geo games on the MiSTer, and I love it. Extremely highly recommended.

https://stores.horiusa.com/real-arcade-pro-n-hayabusa-for-playstation-4/

Oooh! That is sexy Steve. :D

Yeah, every gamer that owns one told me to invest in one of these RAP Hayabusa bad boys. Not a bad price either. Hmm. After seeing this link from you, I'm interested to do so more than ever. :)

Anthony..

8 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

Oooh! That is sexy Steve. :D

Yeah, every gamer that owns one told me to invest in one of these RAP Hayabusa bad boys. Not a bad price either. Hmm. After seeing this link from you, I'm interested to do so more than ever. :)

Anthony..

It's a great controller and I definitely think it's worth it. Best part is that it uses the relatively uncommon and extremely comfortable Namco Noir button layout, which is very close to the Sega Astro City layout. I LOVE playing on the Astro City, which is why I chose this controller. It's kind of huge and heavy, but it's really good. The only negative aspect of it is the way the turbo works. The only choices are 5, 12, and 20Hz, and as far as I know, there is no way to have buttons with different rates of fire. This is only really an issue with things like MAME, where you might want different rates of fire on different buttons, as things like Arcade Archives and M2 ShotTriggers let you set multiple rates of fire anyway. I'd like to have 15 and 30Hz as options, but 12 and 20 Hz are generally good enough for most things.

I played Real Bout Special with it last night. I haven't played the game in a while, so I kind of forgot how to play it properly... I did manage to 1CC the game once, but I can't do that now.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Good to know Steve. I'll be trying to buy it as a personal birthday gift. Just about all the owners that talked so said that I need to invest in this stick. And seeing you're mentioning detailed information regarding it, I need to buy this now more than ever. Thanks bro. This is good stuff to read about . :)

Anthony..

35 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

Good to know Steve. I'll be trying to buy it as a personal birthday gift. Just about all the owners that talked so said that I need to invest in this stick. And seeing you're mentioning detailed information regarding it, I need to buy this now more than ever. Thanks bro. This is good stuff to read about . :)

Anthony..

It's a good stick. I've been using it almost daily since early January and I have no desire to get a different stick. I like it so much that I want to find a way to use it on the Switch and Xbox 360 instead of getting separate sticks for those systems. I thought about giving it some Astro City artwork, but I decided to keep it the way it is. I bought some official Toaplan t-shirts the other day and each came with a Toaplan sticker, so I might put some Toaplan stickers on there, but it looks great stock and it performs well, even across multiple systems, so it's quite useful. I avoided the arcade and Neo Geo cores on the MiSTer since I didn't have a proper arcade controller, but now that I do, I have been trying a lot of games and it's worked perfectly so far.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

NEOGEO: A Visual History From Art of Fighting to World Heroes, via Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug – SNK’s classics games are all presented in glorious detail. Check it out: https://bitmapbooks.co.uk/products/neogeo-a-visual-history #bitmapbooks #book #retrogaming #gaming #neogeo #snk #picoftheday #neogeopocket

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Another PCB delivery today is the updated NeoSaveMasta VMC. Fits all #NeoGeo MVS systems with the SDIP 68K CPU. This will also work with home (AES) systems. Why home systems? Why not? Won’t need a memory card sticking out of your system.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

More from AtariAge member @aduffy1976. Thank you as always bro. :)

Playing some old school King of Fighters 94 on the #NeoGeo CD released on the format in November of the same year. I remember it well, being able to play the AOF Team wow what an experience. Still looks great on my old 50” plasma and the arranged soundtrack is dynamite #SNK

Antony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Great info from AtariAge member @Steril707 on his upcoming game Inviyya 2. I hope an AES version will be available. :) 

Hey guys, currently working on my new shooter INVIYYA2:Hyperblaster and these are some screenshots from the demo I presented a few days ago. Everything here is hand pixeled, no 3D rendered assets.
Runs currently on the A1200, but I will be integrating this into my Neo Geo Framework over the next weeks and will try to get a NeoSD demo out.
Have fun.
PS: If you want to follow the games development, please check out or even subscribe to https://www.facebook.com/Inviyya
Thanks for your interest,
Michael/Tigerskunk
Add/edit: Because a couple of people wrote me about it: Yes, a cartridge version is planned. Currently looking into how to get this being produced. Seems MVS is quite probable, AES not so much.

277444443_7046915822048867_6047470413955094853_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=SlSPj_EUzbUAX9qjrbl&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=00_AT-ZfwmeZrZDSVsc0834GK51gJdiBJ7rU-03W31pqjQClQ&oe=6249592A

277465851_7046895092050940_8095056520750852200_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=798P5RrVXA8AX-w2leM&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_zcDDtzV8nP0tVq-pDJBn4WUUCAOgPdNaxiCcY4sRwEw&oe=6248FF2E

277562687_7046894745384308_5054845904021250321_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=aYw0L6GekJcAX_O559i&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=00_AT8IxJioH-ANj6B893ApjBuEHO8I3Bv2uqN_aYPvNQ0MUA&oe=624919B3

277353586_7046896922050757_9161127245316336894_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=uQtT9NZi2E4AX_Bxwiw&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_Erds8_rnIGHSVw_We4c6A3KqCD79BIvlitsqwB8p59w&oe=6248365E

Anthony..

• Like 1