IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

KOF XV ICFC Weekly Series ASIA - WEEK 8 Final Results 

Shinsun  Ponzaman-gg  Tune into KOF XV ICFC Weekly Series EU at 11:00 AM (Pacific Time) on https://twitch.tv/snkofficial!

Anthony..
Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 Registration for EVO 2022 is about to wrap up! Remember to use the code "kofxv" when registering for KOF XV to save $25! >Register here https://start.gg/tournament/evo-2022/event/the-king-of-fighters-xv-1 #KOF15 #KOFXV #EVO2022

Anthony...

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Kimera Gamesoft first teaser of their upcoming game for the Neo-Geo. :)

From the description,

"Here we go!

We are very proud to introduce the FIRST TEASER for our upcoming beat'em up on NeoGeo MVS/AES! This teaser reflects the game atmosphere, both visuals and music being based on the game actual introduction sequence.

Another teaser based on gameplay will be released along with actual unedited gameplay.

So stay tuned!"

Anthony...

Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Kimera Gamesoft first teaser of their upcoming game for the Neo-Geo. :)

From the description,

"Here we go!

We are very proud to introduce the FIRST TEASER for our upcoming beat'em up on NeoGeo MVS/AES! This teaser reflects the game atmosphere, both visuals and music being based on the game actual introduction sequence.

Another teaser based on gameplay will be released along with actual unedited gameplay.

So stay tuned!"

Anthony...

Very nice! Hopefully they will show some gameplay footage soon.

Wow. With all these Neo-Geo games coming, my credit card is going to melt. Lol!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Very nice! Hopefully they will show some gameplay footage soon.

Wow. With all these Neo-Geo games coming, my credit card is going to melt. Lol!

Hahaha. So true Mike. Welp, looks like our credit cards will be put to good use that's for sure. :-D

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【エントリーリスト更新】※7.15版 来たる7/24(日)12:00より開幕! サムライスピリッツオンライントーナメント 天下布武~第五幕~のエントリーリストです ▼〆切は7/21(木)23:59まで▼ 〆切まで残り1週間!現在48名! 沢山のエントリーをよろしくお願いします! #TO3
Translated from Japanese by

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA お知らせ】 本日より7月19日まで新イベント「TASK FORCE 23rd」を開催中! ステージをクリアして「潜行突撃砲・暗土竜」をゲット! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20220713_01ex04o.html
[MSA Notice] A new event "TASK FORCE 23rd" is being held from today to July 19th! Clear the stage and get "Underground Assault Gun / Dark Dragon"! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20220713_01ex04o.html

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA 更新情報】 7月18日まで「その他勢力復刻 STEP UP CRANK」を開催! 「ヒスイ/フィーリア/覚醒リヒト」を獲得することができます! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20220716_01m8q0g.html
[MSA update information] "Other power reproduction STEP UP CRANK" will be held until July 18th! You can get "Jade / Philia / Awakening Richt"! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20220716_01m8q0g.html

Anthony..

@Charlie Cat, do you know what SNK thinks of all the new homebrew titles that have/will release on the Neo-Geo this year and the next?

I remember NGDEVTEAM saying that SNK was very impressed by Gunlord. I wish SNK would develop for the Neo-Geo again, or release a successor for today’s market. 

I imagine the new Neo-Geo being CD/DVD compatible, along with classic compilations of Neo-Geo MVS/AES coming on disc. I think an idea like this would sell very well, especially if the price for the console was right and not overly expensive.

Just my 2 cent’s worth, you know? ? 

2 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Hi Mike,

That's right bro. I remember back when SNK liked the way Gunlord was and showed respect to NGDEVTEAM. I'm not sure what they think of all the indie and homebrew titles, but I'm sure they enjoy seeing the Neo-Geo continues to move on and introducing the new generation of gamers to the home consoles and arcade units for sure. :)

I wouldn't mind if SNK would make a new console to compete with Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft. They'll make them feel like "weenies" for sure. :-D

Anthony...

Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Haha 1

Hi guys,

Back with ozzy yzzo. Here we see him shareing a great video of The Eye of Typhoon "Quick" comparison video. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"A quick comparison between original 1996 3DO and PC versions and the new 2022 NEOGEO [Tsunami / Saiki Edition] Also a quick reminder on how much love and dedication we have put into our Homebrew ;-)"

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【コミュニティイベント開催】 暑い夏を吹き飛ばす! イラストみっけ!クイズ KOFASにて登場した様々な アイテムが隠れているので イラストをよーく見て、全て見つけてみよう 参加はコミュニティにて! https://forum.netmarble.com/kofas/view/9/14059 開催期間:7/20 23:59まで #KOFAS #KOF
[Community event held]  Blow away the hot summer! Illustrations! Quiz  Various items that appeared in KOFAS are hidden, so take a closer look at the illustrations and try to find them all  Participate in the community! https://forum.netmarble.com/kofas/view/9/14059 Holding period: Until 7/20 23:59 #KOFAS #KOF

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【コミュニティイベント開催】 XV #クローネン 参戦記念!  ファイター育成応援イベント ロビー画面に[XV クローネン]と ニックネームが表示された スクリーンショットをコミュニティにアップ! 参加された皆さまに [強化ハンマー:上級×15個]プレゼント 開催期間:7/19 23:59まで #KOFAS
[Community event held]  XV #クローネン Commemorating the participation in the war! Fighter training support event Upload screenshots with [XV Kronen] and nicknames on the lobby screen to the community! To everyone who participated [Strengthening Hammer: Advanced x 15] Present  Holding period: Until 7/19 23:59 #KOFAS

Anthony...

Hi guys,

■YouTube更新■ 必死で追いかけているギースの生産ドキュメント! 毎回本当に苦難の連続ですが、「もう間に合わない!」 という絶体絶命のピンチの中、救世主が現れます! やっぱフィギュア作りって面白いな。必見です! https://youtu.be/pnzRd-2cwcw #餓狼伝説 #SNK #STUDIO24餓狼 #KOC
■ YouTube update ■ Geese's production document desperately chasing! It's been a series of hardships every time, but "I can't make it anymore!" A savior appears in a pinch of desperation! After all it is interesting to make figures. Must see! https://youtu.be/pnzRd-2cwcw #餓狼伝説 #SNK #STUDIO24餓狼 #KOC

The video

From the description, Translated in English. 

"■ Contents ■ "THE KING OF COLLECTORS '24" No.2 "Geese Howard" The document behind the production. Today's production (1) Eye coloring mask problem (2) Hakama problem ■ STUDIO24 ■ When you know soft vinyl, you can see humans. When you see humans, the figures become more fun. When figures become fun, life becomes fun. This is true. Click here for the HP of the figure production studio STUDIO24 ↓"

Anthony...

Hey @Charlie Cat, I finally found a good (i.e. SNK version) copy of Double Dragon for MVS. I can’t believe how difficult my search was. The whole conversion cart scene has really taken hold on MVS/AES collecting, hasn’t it?

Out of the 10 copies of Double Dragon I found on eBay, only one of them was authentic and not a ‘boot’. Sadly, the authentic cart was an auction, so I had to be careful NOT to lose it to last minute sniper bidder(s). I submitted a bid of $150, but I won the cartridge for $78USD, which wasn’t bad.

I still need more games to round out my collection, but for the time being, I am happy. ☺️??

6 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

That's great to know Mike. So glad you have Double Dragon for the MVS. I agree, the whole market has been flooded so much that it's just terrible to see these auctions and still want buyers to spend good money regarding them. :(

Shame really, but the great news is that you found an authentic version and at a good price bro. So it did work out for sure. Happy to know this Mike. Maybe if you like you would be interested on sharing a pic of it with us. :)

Anthony...

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

This evening, we are with Arcade Sunday. Here we see the kind sir sharing with us his 5 top Neo-Geo titles. So let's have a look and listen in shall we? :)

From the description,

"EP155: In this video I highlight my top 5 favourite 5 Neo Geo games ! Also check out an ealier video of mine about Metal Slug 2 and my MVS hardware. (Search my channel for "Metal Slug 2 game play tips with commentary, and my highest score"). Let me know what YOUR favourite games on the NEO-GEO were, and whether your still play them toadyEnjoy the video!"

Anthony..

2 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

That's great to know Mike. So glad you have Double Dragon for the MVS. I agree, the whole market has been flooded so much that it's just terrible to see these auctions and still want buyers to spend good money regarding them. :(

Shame really, but the great news is that you found an authentic version and at a good price bro. So it did work out for sure. Happy to know this Mike. Maybe if you like you would be interested on sharing a pic of it with us. :)

Anthony...

Absolutely! It even has the serial number scratched out on the label, as most official MVS cartridges do:

D79D8133-6B80-4504-8741-03ACF294128F.thumb.jpeg.ee0a6d70797f84dc41c17beadf12301c.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Absolutely! It even has the serial number scratched out on the label, as most official MVS cartridges do:

WOW! Amazing Mike. Everything looks great and the cart is in fantastic shape for it's age. Glad you purchased Double Dragon and can't wait to see you in action with it bro. :)

Anthony...

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Neo Geo Tsūshin only lasted 3 issues, but it was spread out over a calendar year. One of a number of Neo Geo mags seeking a slice of a relatively tiny market. Neo Geo Freak was the main one though; managing to plough on for over 5½ years!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with SeafoamGaming. been a while since we seen Conner in action. So let's see what he has to offer today. :)

From the description,

"The final SNK product I'll ever unbox, filmed in mid March 2022! (unless they get a new owner) A pretty cool looking collector's edition of The King of Fighters XV. Really cool looking set, but unfortunately, the core game felt too basic and the netcode/online community wasn't that great, so I dropped it like a rock. I had little interest in going back upon hearing of their buyout, so this will likely just rot on my shelf. "

Anthony..

• Like 1