IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

10 hours ago, MarkoCG77 said:

little late to the party, but here's some 1991 goodness...

Thank you for sharing your excellent video with Crossed Swords for the AES Marko. I enjoyed this growing up. Now i have to take mine out of the collection to enjoy this bro. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MarkoCG77 said:

and the follow up in 1995...

I still need to buy the NGCD version in the collection Marko. Been meaning to do so, but always another game that interferes for buyy it. Thank you for sharing it with us bro. :)

Anthony... 

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Anuncio: Estamos dando apoyo a este torneo a través de nuestro programa de ayuda e-sports! #SNK #KOFXV
Translated from Spanish by
Announcement: We are supporting this tournament through our e-sports support program! #SNK #KOFXV
Quote Tweet

1Go_rldP_mini.jpgDream Match@Dream_Match_CL · Jul 14
Anunciamos evento de KOFXV para el día sabado 30 de julio: - Torneo: Road to EVO 2022 KOFXV - Plataforma: PS4. - Sistema: Doble eliminación. - Fecha: Sábado 30 de julio. - Horario: Desde las 12 hrs. - Inscripción: $6.000 - Premios en efectivo. - Transmisión Twitch: DM_Channel_1

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Interesting little find this evening! Apparently there's been a hidden test program inside Twinkle Star Sprites! Check out this video and follow the description for more info! https://youtu.be/E0r2sRfsQQ0

The video

From the description,

Punch Hearts out of Cakes Link to IPS patches and discussion: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threa...

Original test program info: https://sudden-desu.net/entry/twinkle...

Anthony..

Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

In this comparison video, I try to shed light on the Neo Geo and address a lot of the misconceptions that I've seen over the years: https://youtu.be/35Ygg9z_Khc

And now the video.

From the description,

"The Neo Geo was on the market during the same time as the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis, but does that mean we should compare them? Well, regardless of whether we should or not, we will! I go over what makes the Neo Geo so different from these two gaming consoles as well as how the origins of the Neo Geo differs drastically as well. How Does the Neo Geo Compare to the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis? - Retro Bird / Sega Genesis vs. Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis / Mega Drive / Super Famicom / SNK Neo Geo AES and MVS / Retro Video Games"

Anthony..

Hi guys,

This week on Harada's Bar... Why were Akuma and Geese chosen for TEKKEN 7?! Our guests KOF Chief Producer Yasuyuki Oda and FGC commentator Genya arrive!! Look forward to it. https://youtu.be/OwkNWXkInwc #HaradasBar #KatsuhiroHarada #YasuyukiOda #Genya #KOF #Tekken

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAge member and awesome friend @retrorussell. Here we see Russ doing a revisiting review on Top Players Golf. Thank you as always Russ. Glad to be part of your channel and enjoying all the great content you share with us to enjoy bro. :)

from the description,

"One of the first few games for the NEO GEO arcade cabinet is actually a pretty damn good golf game. I just wish I had more narrative juice for this video as I am still sidelined with a Covid diagnosis, though I do feel TONS better today than yesterday. My sore throat is gone, but I am still hacking up garbage from my lungs. Making sure I don't overexert myself and trying to stay at home whenever possible, and hoping when I test again soon it's negative and I can go back to work next week sometime. Anyway, once you get used to the power meter in this game and what the A and B buttons do (C and D are not used) the game is fairly easy to pick up and play. You can even choose to look around the course with the joystick-- a very cool option indeed! When you choose SHOT, you press a and then the meter fills up. You can wait for the meter to go back down if you like-- this gives you backspin on the ball! The 4 sections of the meter, depending where you stop the rising/lowering marker on the meter, will give you a straight shot with lower power, a hook, stronger straight shot, or slice. 2 white marks show where a perfect shot will be, and if you play against the near unbeatable computer, they will hit this like every time. Even when they make a rare mistake they will always come roaring back. With Stroke Play you play 18 holes by yourself, with Match Play you play against the CPU for 18 holes (and on some cabinets you may be allowed to play against a second player), and if you select Nassau Play, you get to do the Funky Nassau! No, just kidding-- in this mode you can actually shave strokes off your score by outdoing your opponent in certain drives, getting a shot closer to the cup, etc. Kind of a cool option. Shoot, this whole game is full of neat options and bells and whistles. Great music too! Though NEO TURF MASTERS is better, this is also a good golf game and certainly impressive for an early NEO title. Have a great weekend, folks, and I hope to see you soon with a fully recovered Crazyclimber80! (Re-upload suggested by Charlie Cat)"

Anthony...

• Thanks 1