IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

\ SNKフリークに変わりました!これからもよろしくね / 今後もみなさまと一緒に、楽しく過ごせることを祈願して、キャンペーンを開催! このアカウントをフォロー&RTで、500円分のQUOカードを20名様にプレゼント キャンペーンは8/14(日)まで♪ #SNKフリーク #これからもよろしくね
Translated from Japanese by
\ SNK freak has changed! Thank you for your continued support  / We will continue to hold a campaign with you in the hope that you will have a good time together! Follow this account & RT will give a QUO card worth 500 yen to 20 people  Campaign until 8/14 (Sun) ♪ #SNKフリーク #これからもよろしくね

Anthony.

Hi guys,

\ アカウント名が変わります / 本日から、「SNKエンタテインメント公式」は「SNKフリーク」に、アカウント名を変更しました! これからもSNKの魅力をお伝えしつつ、みなさまと一緒に楽しめるアカウントを目指していきますので、今後ともよろしくお願いいたします #SNK #SNKフリーク
\ Account name changes  / From today, the account name of "SNK Entertainment Official" has been changed to "SNK Freak"! We will continue to convey the appeal of SNK and aim to create an account that you can enjoy with everyone. Thank you for your continued support  . #SNK #SNKフリーク

Anthony..

On 7/27/2022 at 2:09 PM, enoofu said:

Quite a few ways to go with this...All of these are decent choices

1. Get a Arcade Jamma Supergun as these plug directly into MVS and allow you to plug it on your TV or computer monitor, also note that you will need a adaptor if you use Harness Type of MVS. Usually comes in 3 parts, One is the the Power supply, other is the converted Jamma edge board, and the next is your controller or harness with controls. 

2. A Arcade Cab Jamma or Neo Geo standard to plug the MVS into the Jamma/MVS edge connector. Be warned that Cabs are very heavy and can be costly. Be careful of what MVS you plug into any Cab do to the different standards on Neo Geo MVS that carry Stereo or Mono on different wires.

3. You could also go Mister FPGA and hardware emulate the MVS

MVS are pretty cheap and can usually be gotten on Ebay, just be careful of condition and location. Different version of MVS usually the main factor in picking one is how if load games, side or top loading, the BIOS chip Soldered or socketed as ones that can't be removed may be troublesome if you want to use the UNIBIOS, and the Harness Type.

MV-1 MV-1A MV-1AX MV-1B MV-1C MV-1F MV-1FS MV-1FZ MV-1T MV-2 MV-2F MV-4F MV-4T MV-6F
# Of Slots 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 4 4 6
Cart Orientation H H H H V H H H H V V V V V
Harness Type Jamma Jamma Jamma Jamma Jamma Jamma Jamma Jamma Jamma MVS MVS MVS MVS MVS
On Board Memory Slot No No No No No No No No No Yes Yes No No No
MV-IC Memory Board Support Yes No No No No No No No No No No Yes Yes Yes
Joystick Ports Yes No No No No Yes Yes No Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Stereo Through Harness No No No No No No No No No Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Stereo Through PCB Connector Yes No No No No Yes Yes No No No No Yes* Yes* Yes*
Stereo / Mono Switch Yes No No No No Yes Yes No No No No No No No
Built In Headphone Jacks No No No No No No Yes No No Yes Yes No No No
Headphone Connector Yes No No No No Yes No No No No No Yes Yes Yes
Volume Control Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Headphone Volume Control Yes No No No No Yes Yes No No Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
BIOS Socket Socket Soldered Soldered Soldered Socket Socket Socket Socket Socket Socket Socket Socket Socket

*Yes - Through Headphone Jack

Yeah, I want a JAMMA one to put in my Astro City. That said, now that I've had to disassemble it to get it in my house, I put the monitor in the vertical position when I put it back together and I never want to rotate that bastard ever again, so maybe I'll just stick with my AES and MiSTer for now lol

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Apparently there is an early build of a Neo Geo core for the Pocket now. Not Neo Geo Pocket (Color), I mean MVS/AES. I'll look into it a bit more later.

That's right Steve. I was looking at it today. Have to share that info with the rest.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Looks like@UFp64started porting @furrtek 's Neo Geo core to the Pocket! It's still in an alpha state, but cool to see such an awesome console be added so quickly. ...and please remember to support FPGA dev's, if you'd like to see this work continue.

Neo Geo Core Ported To Analogue Pocket

Posted on August 1, 2022 by Bob
NeoGeoOpenFPGACore.jpg

Developer UltraFP64 has just begun porting Furrtek’s Neo Geo MiSTer core to the Analogue Pocket via their OpenFPGA platform.  The core is still in an alpha state, with most games glitching out, or not working at all.  Still, a few are playable and if you own a Pocket and like the Neo Geo, it’s absolutely worth your time to give it a try!  I think the Neo Geo was a pretty ambitious first port from MiSTer to the Pocket, but it’s pretty awesome to see it already!

Support Furrtek on Patreon:  https://www.patreon.com/furrtek
Download the Pocket core here:  https://github.com/Mazamars312/Analogue_Pocket_Neogeo

I’d like to politely point out that UltraFP64 both credited Furrtek and linked to their Patreon under the “How Can We Support You?” section of the github.  It’s my (strong) personal opinion that this is exactly what true fans of open source code would want to see:  Furrtek’s work gets to live on multiple platforms, with proper credit and everyone kinda just celebrating each other’s work.  If this becomes the norm with OpenFPGA, then we now have a pretty awesome, portable platform to play FPGA cores.

If you’d like more info on OpenFPGA, as well as an unboxing and more info on the Analogue Pocket, please check out the livestream below.  It’s both technical and silly (as are most of my livestreams), but overall is a great representation of what to expect from the console and from OpenFPGA in it’s early form.

RetroRGB

Anthony..

Hi guys,

This evening, were with CasaVerde. Let's listen on what he has to say on his take on the Neo-Geo open FPGA. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"In this video I'm going to show the Alpha 0.5 version of a Neo Geo openFPGA for the Analogue Pocket All credits go to Mazamars312 for gifting the world with his NeoGeo for Pocket (Alpha 0.5) data. "

"What you need: Bios: "uni-bios_1_0.rom" Lo Bios: "000-lo.lo" Games: Darksoft Neo Geo 2020-05-12.zip "

Anthony..

Hi guys,

SNK Characters TERRY BOGARD and MAI SHIRANUI drop into the hit party royal game, Fall Guys! These collaborative costumes are for a limited time! (August 4th to August 8th!) >Fall Guys Official Site https://fallguys.com #SNK #FallGuys

Anthony.

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】オンラインにてKOF XVのランキングバトル決勝が開催されます。ぜひご覧ください! #SNK #KOFXV
[Notice] The KOF XV ranking battle final will be held online. Please take a look! #SNK #KOFXV

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 PSストアにて、KOF XVがセール中! この機会をお見逃しなく! https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0576-PPSA01786_00-PS5KOF15JPDX0000/ #KOF15 #KOFXV
[KOF XV] KOF XV is on sale at the PS store! Don't miss this opportunity! https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0576-PPSA01786_00-PS5KOF15JPDX0000/ #KOF15 #KOFXV

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Cool retro pic from Neo-Geo thread contributer back in 1990-1991 with VideoGameObsession with his Neo-Geo Bigger Badder Better shirt with Top Players Gold logo for kicks. :-D

Awesome! You know I'm a fan. :) Here's something I haven't shared before.. Top Player's Golf (and Palm Springs Golf - CD-i) actually got me into playing golf IRL. Here I am, summer 1991, sporting my Neo•Geo "Bigger Bladder Better" shirt, and channeling Jack Stadle! 

Anthony..