IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Hey KOF fans! Submit any questions you have for Shingo Yabuki by using the hashtag #KOFXV_SHINGO by Dec 4th and they might get chosen! Picked questions will be answered in January on KOF XV's official website alongside the DLC launch of Shingo Yabuki. https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xv/characters/

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Take the best the NEOGEO POCKET COLOR has to offer, even on the go! The NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.2 is now officially Verified on Steam Deck! Get ON DECK with @OnDeck and play these thrilling titles today! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1983850/NEOGEO_POCKET_COLOR_SELECTION_Vol2/ #SNK #NEOGEO #Steam

Anthony..

Hi guys,

A Steam bundle for METAL SLUG 2 and its OST is out now! Contains 17 tracks of remastered original NEOGEO tunes. Enjoy gaming while listening to this must-hear OST! *Comes in both MP3 and FLAC >Soundtrack https://store.steampowered.com/app/1940600/METAL_SLUG_2_Soundtrack/ >BUNDLE https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/26154/METAL_SLUG_2_Soundtrack_BUNDLE/ #SNK #MetalSlug

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Evo is collaborating with the fighting game tournaments at Holiday Matsuri! Top 3 of TEKKEN 7, KOFXV and Strive will receive Evo prizes (apparel and more)! As a bonus, HolMat is flying the winner of Strive to Evo 2023! Dec. 16-18, 2022 INFO: http://start.gg/holmat

Anthony..

9 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

I bet Magician Lord would have made an excellent 32X CD game, as well as the Lynx and Jaguar. Expendable was an underrated Dreamcast game.

I agree @SlidellMan. Would've love to see that happen and play it on other consoles outside the Neo-Geo. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 Registration for the North America SNK REGIONAL BOUTS tournament will end at 2PM PST on Dec 3rd ! Register now before it's too late! https://start.gg/tournament/kof-xv-snk-regional-bouts-north-america/details #KOFXVSRB #KOF15 #KOFXV

Anthony..

Hi guys,

『アケアカNEOGEOアプリ Twitterキャンペーン in December』を開催! 抽選で10名様に、オリジナルQUOカード(500円分)プレゼント! ①このアカウントをフォロー ②この投稿をRT でs募完了! キャンペーンは12/31(土)まで! https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/akeaka/ #SNK #KOF #NEOGEO
Translated from Japanese by
“ACA NEOGEO App Twitter Campaign in December” will be held! An original QUO card (500 yen) will be given to 10 people by lottery! ① Follow this account ② RT this post Application completed! The campaign is until 12/31 (Sat)! https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/akeaka/ #SNK #KOF #NEOGEO

FizKTQuaEAAAc8s?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【SNKフリーク】 毎月当たる!フォロー&RTキャンペーンを開催! 抽選で10名様にオリジナルQUOカード(500円分)プレゼント! ①このアカウントをフォロー ②この投稿をRT でs募完了! キャンペーンは12/31(土)まで! #SNK #SNKフリーク
[SNK freak] Win every month! Follow & RT campaign held! An original QUO card (500 yen) will be given to 10 people by lottery! ① Follow this account ② RT this post Application completed! The campaign is until 12/31 (Sat)! #SNK #SNKフリーク

FizL59MaAAIUSfV?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony...

Hi guys,

The best of the best! NEOGEO Pocket Color Selection Vol. 2 includes entries in the SNK vs. Capcom, Mega Man, and King of Fighters franchises! Available for Switch. Pre-order today: https://bit.ly/3A4pjsz

Anthony..

Hi guys,

SNES2Neo is back on deck. PCB has been finalized and ordered. I hope to offer these through after the holidays. SNES2Neo is my ultra low latency (1ms) Super Nintendo to #NeoGeo adapter that allows you to use any SNES controller (wired or wireless) on your Neo Geo.

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

『NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.2』の収録タイトルを紹介! ■ネオジオカップ'98PLUS 人気サッカーゲームの第2弾!3000以上のアイテムの中から、選手に合ったアイテムを装備して自分だけの最強チームを作ろう! https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/ngpcs-vol2/ #SNK #NEOGEO
Introducing the recorded titles of "NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.2"! ■ NEOGEO CUP '98PLUS The second installment of the popular soccer game! Choose from over 3000 items to equip your players with items that suit them and create your own strongest team! https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/ngpcs-vol2/ #SNK #NEOGEO

FizMtsvakAARS7M?format=jpg&name=360x360

FizMupcagAEE2NB?format=jpg&name=360x360

FizMvcZaEAgmf-_?format=jpg&name=360x360

FizMwNqaEAE4Dnp?format=jpg&name=360x360

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with Ozzy Yzzo. Here we see him doing an unboxing of The Eye Of Typhoon. Amazing. I would love to have an AES copy for it in the near future. :)

From the description,

"Unboxing video courtesy of zouzzz!! :) Here we are with a 1st physical release of the game on cartridge. A very small amount of units has been released mainly for the Balek Team and friends :)

A second batch will be announced on our discord channel so check it out and let us know if you are interested!

Discord : https://discord.io/teotbeta  Download : https://ozzyouzo.itch.io/teot/

Anthony...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Possibly one of my favorite episodes of Neo Geo Generation:

By the way, would a game in the vein of the NES Ninja Gaiden trilogy be done for the Neo Geo?

Man I use to love Eightman as a boy growing up @SlidellMan. At one time, I thought he was the the behest Anime and Manga charactor out of Japan. Really thought it was a great idea to include him onto the Neo-Geo and glad you like himjust as much bro. ;-)

Now to answer your question...Sure, I believe it can be done. It comes down to the person that wants to dedicate on doing so. They were able to achieve on having Street Fighter II on ir a few years back. ;-)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

#SNK 松原社長インタビュー。10年で世界トップ10入り、売上10億ドル以上を目指す成長戦略 ・サウジアラビアの皇太子って何者? ・IPを生まれ変わらせる“リヴァンプ” ・次世代AAAタイトル創出を担う東京スタジオ ・『#餓狼伝説』や『#KOF』のオープンワールド化も視野 https://famitsu.com/news/202212/02281837.html
#SNK Interview with President Matsubara. A growth strategy that aims to become one of the world's top 10 companies in 10 years and achieve sales of more than $1 billion Who is the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia? ・“Revamp” to reborn IP ・Tokyo Studio responsible for the creation of next-generation AAA titles ・Open-world versions of “ #餓狼伝説 ” and “ #KOF ” are also being considered https://famitsu.com/news/202212/02281837.html

Fi-NhHLVsAApoWq?format=jpg&name=360x360

Fi-NhQPUYAEmYMb?format=jpg&name=360x360

Fi-NhXyUUAAW7hB?format=jpg&name=360x360

Fi-NhgnVsAE_CiF?format=jpg&name=360x360

Interview with SNK President Matsubara. The shareholder is the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. A growth strategy aiming for sales of more than $1 billion in 10 years, with an eye on the open world of "FATAL FURY" and "KOF"

by Toyoizumi Three Brothers (second son) Editorial Department
by Katsuhiko Hayashi (Twitter: @Famitsu_Hayashi) Representative of Famitsu Group
 2022.12.02 21:15 update
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

One year has already passed since Mr. Kenji Matsubara, who has served as President and CEO of Koei Tecmo Games and Sega Games, assumed the position of President and CEO of SNK. How did Mr. Matsubara progress in his first year in office? And what kind of growth strategy do you have in mind for the future? We interviewed President Matsubara (Interviewer: Famitsu Group Representative Hayashi).

advertisement

Kenji Matsubara

President and CEO of SNK

Tokyo office that emphasizes communication

――Thank you for letting me see the new office of the Tokyo branch office. It's a very stylish office with a very fashionable and open feeling.

Thank you Matsubara . When I joined SNK, I said, "If you want to strengthen your development capabilities, you should open a studio in Tokyo." .

――So you made the decision right after you took office.

Matsubara Yes. I want to create an environment where everyone can communicate without discrimination, so that there is a sense of openness. We have also prepared an open space for staff to gather, interact, and transmit information to the outside world.

――It seems that you can work in a simple and relaxed manner, and there is also a meeting space in the entrance and office.

Matsubara That 's right. If it's a simple meeting, there are many spaces where you can quickly gather and talk without going to the conference room.

Interview with SNK President Matsubara.  What is your growth strategy to enter the top 10 in the world in 10 years and aim for sales of more than $1 billion?
Interview with SNK President Matsubara.  What is your growth strategy to enter the top 10 in the world in 10 years and aim for sales of more than $1 billion?

The building where the SNK Tokyo branch office is located.

At the entrance, there is a large space where employees can hold a meeting, and there are game consoles such as MVS.

Each meeting room is assigned a game title that represents SNK, not a number.

Communication spaces are set up here and there in the spacious Tokyo office. It's only been a year since the company started, so it seems that the number of staff will be increased in the future.

Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia capital and enthusiastic SNK fan

――SNK was acquired by “Electronic Gaming Development Company” (EGDC), a company owned by the “MiSK Foundation” established by Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in April 2021, and in August of the same year. Mr. Matsubara was appointed CEO. First of all, could you tell us about the MiSK Foundation?

Matsubara The MiSK Foundation, which became our parent company, is an NPO that supports the healthy development of young people in Saudi Arabia.

Until now, oil and chemicals have been the main industries in Saudi Arabia, but from now on, there is a policy to develop various industries, and the flow is to "support what young people are interested in." Entertainment has become very important.

Under such circumstances, Japan seen from Saudi Arabia is an entertainment powerhouse such as anime, manga, and games, and we are already actively investing in manga and animation. And then the game. It seems that it was decided to acquire SNK in such a flow. Of course, as you probably already know, His Royal Highness the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia really likes games, and is a big fan of SNK in particular (laughs).

――It’s an amazing story that the Crown Prince is an SNK fan. It is likely that what His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince played in his youth was exactly " Samurai Spirits " or " KOF ".

Matsubara According to what I heard, when he was a teenager, he used to order arcade games from Japan and play them. I get the feeling that the enthusiasm of teenagers who love Japanese games is no different, or even more so.

――Currently, you are the Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia and are in charge of politics.On the other hand, as a foundation, you are focusing on the game field for the development of Saudi Arabia's entertainment business. I wonder if you are saying what you mean.

Matsubara : That area is firmly separated. As a shareholder and owner of the company, His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince has a management perspective of "I want SNK to be like this", and the company receives it, and the board of directors makes decisions, plans, and executes. continue. I think this is the same in Saudi Arabia and everywhere else.

On the other hand, he is still a fan, so he enthusiastically talks about the appeal of "KOF". It sounds like you are one of the most passionate fans.

Decided to become CEO of SNK

――Mr. Matsubara, when you joined the company as CEO, what was the most attractive point?

I once asked Crown Prince Matsubara and the MiSK Foundation, "What do you intend to do with a Japanese company?" "Is it the purpose of bringing it back to Saudi Arabia after all?"

He then said that he wanted SNK to grow significantly as a Japanese company, and with the support of Saudi Arabia, he wanted to grow to the world's top level.

In fact, when His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince visited Japan, the two countries created a growth strategy called "Japan-Saudi Vision 2030 (*)". As something, entertainment is firmly written.

In that context, games, manga, and anime will continue to operate as industries. This has already been decided as a country-to-country promise, and as a concrete project, the MiSK Foundation owns SNK. We talked about doing it together if you could support us.

* Basic direction and specific project list for bilateral cooperation formulated in 2017 between Japan and Saudi Arabia. “As a new compass for Japan-Saudi Arabia cooperation, we aim to create synergies between Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030, which aims to reduce dependence on oil and create jobs, and Japan’s growth strategy, which Japan pursues to achieve a GDP of 600 trillion yen. It is said that

Implemented various reforms in one year of appointment

――What has been the most rewarding part since joining the company in August 2021?

Matsubara SNK has 150 employees in Japan and 200 in Beijing, and is making a solid profit. Since there is already a mature form, I was wondering where to start.

Nonetheless, the order from the shareholders is "I want you to bring SNK to the world's top level", so we have to drastically change the process and way of thinking that has matured to some extent.

First of all, I would say, "Let's get into the world's top 10. You have that chance." To do that, I told him, "Of course, the rules must change, but everyone's feelings and the way they do their work must also be changed." I started with.

――Do you mean to start with a change in consciousness? From there?

Matsubara : This past year, I have embarked on a variety of projects. A system of management accounting that accurately grasps how a project or business is progressing. I used my experience so far to introduce the most efficient way to become a world-class player in terms of title development and project review flow, which manages project progress.

--Didn't you have a system like reviewing projects or reviewing meetings during development?

Matsubara Large companies that are expanding globally use a large budget, so first, after creating a prototype, there is the most important business feasibility review, which is whether it is really going to be a business. . I think this kind of flow is standard, but SNK so far has not had such a systematic flow.

After all, there was only one studio in Osaka in Japan, so we were able to communicate with each other in a relaxed way. However, from now on, we will have a Tokyo studio, and the number of titles and staff will increase.

“Revamp” to reborn IP

――First of all, before asking about SNK's specific goals from now on, what exactly does it mean to revamp IP?

Matsubara SNK has a history of 40 years and has many wonderful IPs, but I don't think it's enough to reach people all over the world.

Up until now, we've been trying to deliver within the fighting game genre, but considering the potential of that IP, we've decided to deliver it to genres other than fighting games, such as action games and character stories. I would like more customers to enjoy it by spreading it as an IP.

I want to create a flow that will eventually go beyond games and develop into entertainment in a broad sense, such as video content. We believe that revamping is an initiative to revive and reborn IP in such a way.

――In terms of the revival of IP, Fatal Fury has already been announced, but instead of just making new fighting games based on those old fighting game titles, you can also create action-adventure games, open-world games, and so on. Do you mean that you will challenge to

Matsubara Fighting games will continue to be made as SNK's landmark, and we are also firmly eyeing the development of the genre you mentioned, so please look forward to it. Fighting games have many characters, each with a background story. From that point of view, I think that developing something with a story like action-adventure or RPG will be an important factor in expanding the IP.

Establishment and expansion of development system

――If you actually develop such a title, I think it will be necessary to improve and expand the development system.

Matsubara Currently, there are about 150 people at the Osaka studio, about 30 people at the Tokyo studio, and about 200 people at the Beijing studio, for a total of just under 400 people. Roughly speaking, we're thinking of revamping in Osaka, new works in Tokyo, and both revamps and new works in Beijing, but we're still not fully prepared.

--How much do you want to increase?

Considering that Matsubara will be among the top 10 in the world 10 years from now, it is a scale of several thousand people. In addition to the organic growth of Japanese and Chinese studios, we are also considering M&A, including domestic and overseas.

――10 years seems like a long time, but it also feels short.

Matsubara That 's right. I don't think there is any precedent for a Japanese publisher to achieve that level of global growth. We will continue to grow organically in Japan, but I think it is important to find game developers and publishers who will work with us, or to increase the number of people we can work with through partnerships.

-That's a big goal.

Matsubara : When I first spoke with His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince, he said, "SNK was extremely brilliant in the 90's. That's why I want you to aim for that era or even more." In response to this, I made a proposal to aim to become one of the world's top 10 companies in 10 years, and to achieve sales of over $1 billion. Based on that discussion, you reached an agreement with the MiSK Foundation, considered a 10-year policy and periodic plan, and the plan was approved by the board of directors.

――When you say 1 billion dollars, Capcom has just sold around 100 billion dollars, so you're aiming for that amount, right?

Matsubara I have experience with the scale of 140 billion yen at the company I used to work for, so I have experience of what the scale of 1 billion dollars is. So, while it's challenging to aim for $1 billion, I think it's possible. It's important to reach $1 billion, but it's even more important that we're getting closer to that goal, one step at a time. I believe it is my responsibility to create such a situation.

――It is true that Mr. Matsubara has had that experience, and you probably have a vision of what kind of system is necessary for development.

Matsubara That 's about the scale. The key is to grow and increase the development team, and how to deliver it to customers? And I think that it is a very necessary power to develop it globally.

――It means that you are going to create worldwide AAA titles with will and intention, not just organic growth.

We're aiming for AAA for Revamp Matsubara 's IP, and we're aiming for AAA for our new IP as well. I think SNK in the 1990s was a history of repeated challenges. There are various failures, but if anything, there are more failures, aren't there? He said that because he continued to take on challenges without giving up, some of them were successful.

I think that's something like SNK's DNA, so I think we can see the path to reach the top 10 in the world by firmly inheriting it and taking that kind of attitude.

Tokyo Studio responsible for creating next-generation AAA titles

――What role will Tokyo Studio play?

Matsubara So Tokyo Studio will create new IP and create new AAA titles. In addition to that, Tokyo Studio will take on new challenges, such as working on a wide range of game genres with new IP.

On the other hand, Osaka Studio will continue to use their experience to make fighting games our landmark. And the center of the revamp I mentioned earlier will be Osaka.

China is at the forefront of mobile game development, so the Beijing studio will balance new IP and revamp IP for mobile games. I would like to aim for a global title from China that will have as much impact as Genshin Impact when it first came out. Depending on the situation, there may be ways to create new studios outside of Beijing, or to increase the number of people who can work with us.

――Are you really starting from nothing when you start a new IP in Tokyo?

Matsubara That's right. SNK has a history, so revamping is important, but as a game company, we create new IP. It is absolutely necessary to challenge there. I am telling His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince and the MiSK Foundation about this.

As I said earlier, SNK in the 1990s did just that and continued to create new IP. I know it's difficult to create new IP, but if we want to grow as a game company in the future, I told them that it was an absolutely necessary element, and they understood that.

I would like to work on both revamping and creating new IP, and move forward in the direction that SNK will accumulate power over the next 10 years.

――With the knowledge of members who have newly joined Tokyo as the axis, it seems that SNK will work in collaboration with the Osaka studio.

Matsubara That 's right. I numbered the first studio Osaka and the second studio Tokyo, because I wanted to avoid creating regional barriers as much as possible. It's only been a year since Tokyo was established, and the number of members is less than 30, so exchanges have yet to begin. I think that it will become possible to go.

――As you said earlier, Beijing is a mobile game, but the 1st and 2nd studios are consumer, and it's not just a PC system, is it?

Matsubara Of course. I also play mobile games when I get the chance. On the other hand, China cannot develop consoles, so I think it will concentrate on PC and mobile.

Strengthening overseas publishing

――I think there will be an issue of how to strengthen publishing as SNK expands its business overseas. I think there are several ways to do this, such as establishing overseas bases and conducting M&A.

Matsubara : Right now, we are in the process of formulating a medium-term plan and a 10-year strategy. We are thinking about opportunities for M&A and partnerships across all the functions that a game company should have. In Asia, we have bases in China, South Korea, and Taiwan, so we are expanding based on those bases, and we are forming a team that targets M&A in the United States and Europe.

――When I say worldwide, I think that Europe, the United States and East Asia are the main focus now, but in the future, it seems that there will be opportunities in such regions as Southeast Asia, South America, and the Middle East.

Matsubara The other day, when the fighting game world tournament “EVO” was held, we received support from a Chilean influencer. Maybe it's a characteristic of fighting games, but there are influencers all over the world.

I think it's because of our long history that we have fans all over the world, but in that respect, North America and Europe are important. From there, I would like to create a base for publishing and marketing, such as expanding Europe to include the Middle East, and North America to South America.

――At this year's EVO, a new entry in the "Fatal Fury" series was announced, so how long should we wait for the next information release?

Matsubara That 's right. " THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV " (hereinafter referred to as " KOF XV ") has been released, and the new "Fatal Fury" has just started, so it's progressing smoothly and quietly. It's the next phase when things don't go smoothly (laughs).

Right now, we have already solidified the plan, created a prototype, and are conducting business feasibility reviews, so I think that there will be many areas that need to be improved after this. I go in and listen to what they have to say, and give my opinion on things like, "Isn't it better to do it this way?" I don't have much experience with SNK yet, so I'm going to show my attitude of "Let's do it together" by getting into that kind of place.

Development as video content

――I think that AAA titles will probably take 2 to 3 years to make, but are there any titles that will be produced and output in about a year instead?

Matsubara Of course. Our portfolio is not a team aiming to hit a home run, but we also have AAA titles, but we need to produce results as a studio before we reach that point, so we are also considering medium-sized titles that can be released in about a year. I'm here. Probably, I think that we will announce from such titles rather than AAA titles.

――So, I think you've spent a lot of time preparing for this year since last year, but are you expecting a big announcement from next year onwards?

Matsubara That's right. Also, in content other than games, how do you deliver fighter IP (fighting game titles) to customers, such as videos and e-sports competitions, and how do you expand the IP itself? This also has to be done on a global basis, so we are in the process of creating a strategy right now.

Speaking of esports, the world tournament “SNK REGIONAL BOUTS” for “KOF XV” started in November (2022). We will continue to do that next year and beyond, and of course we are also thinking about how to create opportunities for customers to interact with fighter IPs and military IPs (such as Metal Slug) in ways other than esports competitions. .

The story I'm currently thinking about is not a game, but a video or an event. I would like to create a marketing process that follows the flow of new products coming out.

--I see. For example, if people who don't know "Fatal Fury" or "KOF" are interested in it through the development of anime, etc., we will create a story in which a new work will appear before that.

Matsubara Yes. I think that there are various ways to interact with IP, so I think visuals such as animation and manga are particularly important elements.

――Is there such a business unit within SNK? Or is it in collaboration with outside companies?

Matsubara : SNK is a game company after all, so when we create videos, we will cooperate with outside parties. I'm thinking about working with various places, not only in Japan but also overseas, and I'm preparing various things.

Create a culture that excites the world

――I think there are many people who feel that SNK has changed over the past year and are aiming to join SNK. So, could you tell us again about SNK's mission and vision?

Matsubara Our mission is to create a culture that excites the world. I really wanted to include the word "enthusiasm". SNK has a history represented by fighting games, and our games have elements that make fans go wild, and this has become our identity. We will continue to create enthusiasm. We don't just pass on what we've done so far, we continue to create. In that sense, I also included the word “create”.

――It’s a word that is typical of SNK.

Matsubara We also set “Be a gaming power house” as our mission and vision. Power House has the meaning of being a presence that has the ability to communicate, and I used this word in the sense that it has the power to firmly transmit entertainment centered on games. “Creating a culture that excites”. In order to make this a reality, let's become a gaming power house that spreads the power of games widely to entertainment.

In terms of recruiting people, people who can sympathize with our vision, companies that will grow from now on, and people who will grow together, even though it will be a difficult phase. To be honest, I think this is a marathon, not a 100-meter run, so we can overcome it together and 10 years from now, we will be able to enjoy the achievement together. I'd like people who can aim there to participate.

――It looks like a lot of fun.

Matsubara Of course, I don't expect things to go exactly as I drew them. Since it's a game, it may or may not sell when it's released. Even so, we are strategically planning a form that will grow while maintaining a solid balance.

Therefore, I would like to see talented people join the development team responsible for game development, as well as the publishing and marketing team responsible for delivering the game. If that happens, I have confidence that I can do it.

Over the past year, we've been chewing up our goals and reducing them to actionable levels. We also take into account the risks associated with high goals, so we carefully review each phase, and we call it rolling. Let's go. I hope that more and more people will join us in doing this.

――Has the hiring process already started in both Tokyo and Osaka?

Matsubara Actually , we have been putting a lot of effort into hiring new graduates since this year, and we were able to achieve quite a few results. I am very grateful that the number of applications has increased significantly in both Osaka and Tokyo.

――As expected, there are not enough people in the game industry everywhere, and we often hear that people are not recruiting even if they are recruiting. It's amazing that you're getting results like that.

Matsubara The game industry itself is growing, and I think it's contributing to Japanese society. Therefore, I would like to see more people from other industries aiming to enter the game industry.

In order to make the industry as a whole more attractive, it is important to make it an industry that attracts not only new graduates, but also programmers and people who can come up with ideas and come up with projects. I think So it's not because I don't have experience, but as I said earlier, I would like people who have the desire to grow over the long term to think about it. We are also strengthening our recruitment throughout the year.

――By the way, did Mr. Matsubara conduct the final interview for new graduates entering next year? What kind of people are there?

Matsubara Everyone is interviewing me. Most of them attended the information session. Looking at the questionnaire, there are a lot of people who say that they felt that SNK has changed and that they are trying to become a company like this.

There are people who sympathize with SNK's attitude of trying to change while valuing the culture that has been cultivated so far. I think that new graduates will come in who will support our growth in the future.

--Sounds good. Not only veterans, but also young people, including new graduates and outsiders, will come in and the layer will thicken.

I have told Mr. Matsubara , the division manager, that we will strengthen the hiring of new graduates, so I would like him to accept new graduates within the department and create a place where they can be educated and work. To tell the truth, the number of rejections when I submitted job offers was smaller than I expected. So in the end, we ended up with more people than we had budgeted for (laughs).

-- That's a happy scream (laughs).

Matsubara : That's how much interest has been shown to us, so it's a great encouragement for us as we look forward to next year.

SNK is releasing an image video for recruiting

SNK is releasing an image video that uses newly written songs by the notable artist "Eiji" who is expected to break out in the future. It's an image video that makes you feel the new SNK, so if you're interested, check it out.

Anthony...

Edited by Charlie Cat

Hey folks.

A new review of LEAGUE BOWLING.  I decided to re-upload my 1990 series of 20 arcade games, with at least a couple 1990 song clips at the beginning and end for a little extra nostalgia flavor.  Where were you in 1990? (Me, I was one year removed from High School graduation and working at my first job-- Pizza Hut-- and living at my stepdad's house with his kids and my mom)

• Like 2

On 12/2/2022 at 5:39 AM, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Back with Ozzy Yzzo. Here we see him doing an unboxing of The Eye Of Typhoon. Amazing. I would love to have an AES copy for it in the near future. :)

From the description,

"Unboxing video courtesy of zouzzz!! :) Here we are with a 1st physical release of the game on cartridge. A very small amount of units has been released mainly for the Balek Team and friends :)

A second batch will be announced on our discord channel so check it out and let us know if you are interested!

Discord : https://discord.io/teotbeta  Download : https://ozzyouzo.itch.io/teot/

Anthony...

I want an MVS copy of this game, so keep the Neo-Geo collective informed!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, retrorussell said:

Hey folks.

A new review of LEAGUE BOWLING.  I decided to re-upload my 1990 series of 20 arcade games, with at least a couple 1990 song clips at the beginning and end for a little extra nostalgia flavor.  Where were you in 1990? (Me, I was one year removed from High School graduation and working at my first job-- Pizza Hut-- and living at my stepdad's house with his kids and my mom)

ALRIGHT!!! It's League Bowling from my man Russ. I love this game and would be great to link up two cartridge together to play it with family and friends. I remember in the early postings here on the Neo-Geo thread, that we use to have fun posting away about this game Russ. I believe it's on the first few pages. Just love the reactions from all that are part of the game bro. :D

Thank you for sharing this with us Russ. Always a pleasure to have you on with us. Now off to your channel to make a comment. :)

Anthony..

Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Like 1