IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back with Mr.Stella Box Head (Daz) with his live stream that he accomplished with King Of Fighters '99, Some of our regulars that contribute also participated by chatting such as snkneogeoman, GRUSS Newtown, and myself. Even through my stay was brief, I enjoyed Daz's stream with the rest of us chatting away! :)

Anthony...

Thinking of grabbing a Neo Geo X Gold because i'd like to experience the system a bit but need to do it on a budget. An AES is out of reach for me right now. Do people typically dislike these or are they an okay option?

Hi Rick,

Many didn't like the unit because it didn't live up to the expectations in the Neo-Geo community compared to the traditional Neo-Geo that it was known for in the 1990's saying it was poorly made handheld with a bad emulator in it .

But at the same time, we have those that enjoy the NGX for its availability, a cheap alternative, and can offer so much if you can jailbreak it to play countless titles from other companies on the unit. The NGX controller is properly made and was the most highlighted in many reviews for it

Its not as bad as many think. I started to give it a second chance, and found its a fun little unit that will offer you hours of enjoyment! Its nothing like the MVS/AES has to offer, but its fair to say that you like it for what it has to offer! :)

Thanks for writing on the Neo Geo thread Rick. Come by anytime you like!

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Here are the latest KOF XIV screenshots for today!! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

CkWvNzYUYAAsWlo.jpg
34 retweets55 likes
Retweet

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: KOF XIVの最新スクリーンショットを紹介! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

CkWwkaFUkAEUdNp.jpg
51 retweets50 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Thinking of grabbing a Neo Geo X Gold because i'd like to experience the system a bit but need to do it on a budget. An AES is out of reach for me right now. Do people typically dislike these or are they an okay option?

If the AES is out of reach, you can still go for a CMVS (MVS arcade unit built as a console). The "startup" cost of the console is slightly more than the AES, but the games are MUCH cheaper, nowhere near the outrageous prices of AES games.

• Like 1

If the AES is out of reach, you can still go for a CMVS (MVS arcade unit built as a console). The "startup" cost of the console is slightly more than the AES, but the games are MUCH cheaper, nowhere near the outrageous prices of AES games.

Nicely said as always Justin!

Keep up with the informative comments my good man! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with Donald Ahlers with his new Neo-Geo AES unit playing and doing a review with Riding Hero. New to the Neo-Geo universe, let's give Donald the support to help him have a sizable collection for him to make even more uploads for us to enjoy! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

CkZIurbVAAAi43e.jpg
36 retweets74 likes
Retweet

CkZIcjGUoAEHg0e.jpg
53 retweets59 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. Here are the latest KOF XIV screenshots for today!! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

CkbkqO0UgAIhQos.jpg
    44 retweets65 likes
    Retweet
    More
  2. Save the Date for June 15, 2016! The King of Fighters XIV is coming to WNF! More details coming up! #WNF

CkTda82UgAAY17V.jpg
    120 retweets149 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
  1. 本日よりPlayStation®Plus会員の方は『KOF XIII』を無料でお楽しみいただけます!この機会をお見逃しなく!(7/5まで) #KOF https://goo.gl/Yj69bt

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Today PlayStation® Plus members enjoy free KOF XIII! Don't miss this opportunity! Up to (7/5) #KOF https://goo.gl/Yj69bt

Ckbl-jvUYAAuwNS.jpg
    280 retweets93 likes
    Retweet
    More
  2. THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: KOF XIVの最新スクリーンショットを紹介! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

XIV of THE KING OF FIGHTERS: show the most recent screenshot of KOF XIV! #KOF14

Ckbk4DlVAAAUtOx.jpg
    62 retweets62 likes
    Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with Neo-Geo contributer Gun Sage doing another great upload for us. After doing an outstanding video about his Neo-Geo memories, the kind sir has done a fun titles to review named Savage Reign for Summer Fight Nights.

A fun fighter that you should have for your collection and entertaining for your family, friends, and for you in general. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Ckehw73VEAIMvE8.jpg
72 retweets118 likes
Retweet

CkehohQUYAE3kRP.jpg
168 retweets123 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Were with fellow Atariage member, Jim again from KidShoryuken.

Here, we see the awesome sir doing what he does best with playing Neo-Geo titles by showing us his gamer skills and explaining a review on a game that we enjoy playing.

So this afternoon, were going to see him in action with Metal Slug for the NGCD.

Thanks Jim, for contributing as always bro! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

PSO is back with as showing us his personal collection of his Neo-Geo goodies. Here we see him with his Fatal Fury 1 and his complete Fatal Fury series titles from his Neo-Geo CD collection library!

Well done as usual PSO. Thank you as always! :)

1. Fatal Fury on Neo Geo CD (full set) - Such a great series but no Garou : Mark of the Wolves (probably for the best).

CkilAEgXEAAnLik.jpg
    CkilC9CW0AU7NS_.jpg
    0 retweets1 like
    Retweet
    More
  2. Fatal Fury - Arrived today! So happy to finally have a complete set on my Neo Geo CD! Best of all a SINGLE load YAY!

CkifeuVWEAANlBh.jpg
    1 retweet6 likes
    Retweet
    Liked

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

:party: :party: !!!Party Time!!! :party: :party:

The Official NEO-GEO Thread on Atariage.com is now up to 90.000 views! A big thank you for our members and guests that drop by to see what the thread has the over.

Let's keep it up guys. Thank you all once again!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with another excellent maintenance & repair to view for those that love to tinker with their Neo-Geos. :)

This morning, were with a gentleman by the name of Deadly Groove doing a near 30 minute video regarding an AES console that the publisher is showing us the removal of the Vertical line/jail bars off this unit.

From the description,

" In this video I am showing you the underside of my board on where I cut the 3 traces that was causing interference in the video signal from the pulses of the clock that SNK put into the later boards. My board is a NEO-AES3-6 and this video is based on that board. As I said in the video: DO NOT DO THIS TO YOUR BOARD if you do not feel confident in yourself to do it. I am not responsible for your actions. I gave plenty of warning in the video. What you do is on you. Below are some links that you should check out to be certain of this procedure on the board."

The board and explanation

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/snk-neo-geo...

Showing what the vertical lines aka jailbars look like and some more information

http://wolfsoft.de/wordpress/?p=247

Tutorial and showing where on the board to cut the traces

http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/...

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

More from fellow Atariage member, richard31337 (Richard).

@Lord_Arse Blazing Star on Neo Geo when you die 1f602.png You Fail It! Your Skill Is Not Enough #AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

CkkZCMlXEAERBIf.jpg
5 retweets13 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

CkgcBSNUUAAZCpz.jpg
39 retweets76 likes
Retweet
q4GIL83x_bigger.jpg

Ckgb48TVEAI56gq.jpg
41 retweets52 likes
Retweet

The 5th team gameplay trailer has been launched. #KOF14 #KOFXIV https://youtu.be/MUFUID5kEnE

CkjOBRRUgAAjQmh.jpg
86 retweets105 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with Mr. Stella Box Head (Daz) doing another fun gameplay & review video. Here, we see the kind sir playing Art of Fighting 2 for the AES. My favorite out of the series and Daz will be showing us his great gamer skills as usual. :)

Anthony...

It's Friday, you ain't got nothing to do. Why not watch a Neo Geo review?

Hi Hector,

Hahaha.... That's a good one. Nicely said! :lolblue: :thumbsup:

Thank you for posting and participating on, The Official NEO-GEO Thread. :)

Feel free to browse around for your convenience here on the thread. Hopefully, we have a posting that will be to your benefit, If you have any questions and concerns, you're welcome to post here and will try to answer as soon as possible.

Thank you once again Hector, we look forward on seeing you again! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224