IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

12 hours ago, Franjo said:

I have finally finished these two characters, I hope you like it. 😄

WOW!!! :-o

What fantastic artwork you done with Mushashi and Kouryu Franjo. They look beautiful. In fact, I feel you done a better job towards them rather then the original artist when they were originally shared to the public bro. I love them....WE love them. :) Thank you so much for sharing the pair with us Franjo. We are always glad to see your work and continue to do so in the long term future. Keep up the excellent work as always Franjo. We can't wait to see what's next from you bro. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

WOW!!! :-o

What fantastic artwork you done with Mushashi and Kouryu Franjo. They look beautiful. In fact, I feel you done a better job towards them rather then the original artist when they were originally shared to the public bro. I love them....WE love them. :) Thank you so much for sharing the pair with us Franjo. We are always glad to see your work and continue to do so in the long term future. Keep up the excellent work as always Franjo. We can't wait to see what's next from you bro. :)

Anthony...

Thank you very much!!!!! ☺️

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cobra Strike Down said:

Arrived today from Japan!

Oh Man! What a haul you have here Daz. Now THIS will be a great way for anybody's Labor Day weekend to have fun with family and friends for sure. That Big Tournament Golf looks great for its age Daz. Thank you for sharing your collection as always bro. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【안내】KOF XV 게임 대회가 개최됩니다. 많은 참가 부탁드립니다! Announcement: We are supporting this tournament via our e-sports support program! https://tonamel.com/competition/lqYLm #SNK #KOFXV
Translate post

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Weapon-based fighting game SAMURAI SHODOWN now available on Netflix for both iOS and Android! Netflix members, brace for an epic battle! Trailer https://youtube.com/watch?v=uAt5-FvweEc Download URL Netflix (redirects to App Store/Google Play) https://netflix.com/game/81624606 #SNK #Netflix #SamSho

Anthony..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Weapon-based fighting game SAMURAI SHODOWN now available on Netflix for both iOS and Android! Netflix members, brace for an epic battle! Trailer https://youtube.com/watch?v=uAt5-FvweEc Download URL Netflix (redirects to App Store/Google Play) https://netflix.com/game/81624606 #SNK #Netflix #SamSho

Anthony..

Nice, but it would be a lot better if it had controller support.

• Like 1

Hey all! 

I would like to announce my second project, Armageddon Johnson, for the Neo-Geo.

I’ve been working on this game on and off for the past 2 years.

Since I am new to Neo-Geo programming, I plan on Kickstarting this project to hire some additional help to finish the game.

Its a shooter, but not in the traditional sense. I’ll include the design documentation that describes the game’s story, etc. I am the lead artist, animator and musician on my project. I am also the programmer, but again - I need to hire someone who has more experience programming the Neo-Geo than I.

Armageddon Johnson by Oceanside Software

Story:

Judgment Day has arrived for planet Earth. Humanity, along with all life on plant Earth, has been descimated by a manevolent  Extraterrestrial race except for one person -- Armageddon Jonhson. Equppied with Earthly weapons (and some of Alien origin), Johnson battles the alien menace despite the overwhelming odds. While death is inevitable, it doesn't matter; all Johnson cares about is how many of the 'alien assholes' he can send to Hell before dying himeself.

Gameplay:

*Stay alive as long as possible

* Conserve as much ammo as possible for the boss encounters

*Johnson dies when he runs out of Ammo

*Kill alien invaders and rack up a high score

*Aquire new weapons (including alien tech) the longer you last

Simple, but addictive gameplay: Armageddon Johnson stands atop a pryamid-like structure that is high above the ground, where he fights off countless alien invaders. Day & night levels; standard enemy 'waves' like Galaxian and boss battles like modern shoot 'em ups.

Armageddon Johnson Catch Phrases

"Hell? Already there!"

"My name is Armageddon Johnson; don't you forget it!"

"You call THAT a gun?"

"I didn't know they stacked shit that high!"

"ET go home!"

"Anal probe this!"

"It's a vagina, not a clown car!" -In response to Vagina-like alien that spits out little aliens

15-20 levels

Armageddon Johnson stands atop a different structure during each level. For example: buildings; mountains; ancient Mayan buildings; airport radio towers, etc. 

Gameplay mechanics:

The player can run from left to right; fire in 8-directions; jump;  and collect weapon upgrades that drop off defeated enemies.

Weapon crates containing gernades will randomly spawn on the playfield

An extra life is earned when the player survives an enemy wave without dying.

Format: Neo-Geo AES, Neo-Geo MVS & Neo-Geo CD

Release Date: TBD

The main character, Armageddon Johnson:

IMG_7129.thumb.jpeg.beeaa550f72e63476430d0ea598daa10.jpegIMG_7130.thumb.jpeg.e6e4ca69d40f5d9a0b8f013f4c6be736.jpeg

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 4

On 8/29/2023 at 5:44 AM, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

For those that aren't familiar with DaemonClaw that's currently in development from BitBeamCannon, here a quick video on the gameplay of the title that's being developed. . 

Anthony..

Thank you for sharing this video, @Charlie Cat! I swear - all these new Neo-Geo games are going to force me to take on a second mortgage! LOL

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

:)

OH WOW!!!!:-o

Armageddon Johnson looks amazing Mike. This is your second game that you're working on bro? With 15-20 levels to pay. Now this will certainly keep us busy for sure. I like to play long games and the Neo-Geo needs some as of late. Nice to see that the Neo Geo CD will be included in the lineup as well. Many just forget having it and concentrate on the Neo-Geo MVS and AES. But glad that you did with your project bro. 

Lots of fun games you're planning to do. Really forward to your the one for the Apple II and Amiga as well so will be glad to help you in some way as you progress as time goes on bro. This really is exciting to see from you. :)

Anthony...

• Thanks 1