IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

43 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

@Charlie Cat, any word from Piko Interactive when Knight’s Chance will launch? I’ve been wanting to play this game for like forever and a day now!

Hi Mike,

Hopefully by June. Eli mention to me that he was trying to release the game during that month. :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the info so far. 

Trying to figure out how to burn a Neo Geo CD.  When I compile I get a set of files like this:

05/21/2024  03:49 PM                29 ABS.TXT
05/21/2024  03:49 PM                34 BIB.TXT
05/21/2024  03:49 PM                28 CPY.TXT
05/21/2024  03:49 PM                91 IPL.TXT
05/21/2024  03:49 PM            28,608 SCORPION.FIX
05/21/2024  03:49 PM             2,304 SCORPION.PCM
05/21/2024  03:49 PM           208,066 SCORPION.PRG
05/21/2024  03:49 PM            10,624 SCORPION.SPR
05/21/2024  03:49 PM            24,588 SCORPION.Z80

Should the next step be to use a CD recording software and create a .bin / .cue project then burn it onto CD-R?  What do enthusiasts do?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemintronic said:

Trying to figure out how to burn a Neo Geo CD.  When I compile I get a set of files like this:

Should the next step be to use a CD recording software and create a .bin / .cue project then burn it onto CD-R?  What do enthusiasts do?

Just put the files in your favorite CDR burning software to create a bin and cue file.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gemintronic said:

I have used ImgBurn to copy NEO-GEO CD games .bin / .cue to disc using verbatim CD-R's. Every game loads fine on a Top Loader. 👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gemintronic said:

Ha!  With UltraISO at least Raine booted.  Thanks fellas!

UPDATE: Fails to boot from a MiSTer.  But, progress!

CoC2_NeoGeoCD_alpha.thumb.png.2686f0ac96e3bec446e2f448ca917c64.png

You have a nice looking game going on there. Do you plan on publishing it once you’re finished? I’d buy a copy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ColecoGamer said:

You have a nice looking game going on there. Do you plan on publishing it once you’re finished? I’d buy a copy!

Oh yes!  Genesis and Dreamcast as well.  Since the MiSTer doesn't like any .bin / .cue I make I'll have to burn a real CDR and see if an actual Neo Geo CD can accept it.

My Google-fu is failing me at finding steps to make Neo Geo CDs.  There's gotta be some gotcha I'm missing.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Gemintronic said:

Oh yes!  Genesis and Dreamcast as well.  Since the MiSTer doesn't like any .bin / .cue I make I'll have to burn a real CDR and see if an actual Neo Geo CD can accept it.

My Google-fu is failing me at finding steps to make Neo Geo CDs.  There's gotta be some gotcha I'm missing.

If a AES version of the game comes about Gemint, add me to the list. But Of course, I would be glad to buy a Neo Geo CD version from you anytime bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 4

Hi guys,

Square profile pictureEvo@Evo

In just 2 short months, the fighting game community will gather in the Las Vegas Convention Center for #Evo2024. With Normal Registration closing at the end of May, we put together a checklist with everything you need to know before you buy your pass.

5Zp8SblS?format=jpg&name=small
From evo.gg

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Even if your favorite game isn't featured on the main lineup or the Community Showcase this year, there's always a chance someone signs up to run it in the BYOC area! Early approvals have started going out, but you can still apply for BYOC here:

bieuBiQi?format=jpg&name=small
From evo.gg

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Square profile pictureEvo @Evo

Introducing the games that will be featured as part of the Community Showcase at #Evo2024: - BlazBlue Centralfiction - BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle - Capcom vs. SNK 2 - DNF Duel - DRAGON BALL FighterZ - Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2 - Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R - Killer Instinct - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - MELTY BLOOD: TYPE LUMINA - SAMURAI SHODOWN - Skullgirls 2nd Encore - SOULCALIBUR VI - Street Fighter V - Super Street Fighter II Turbo - Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Ultra Street Fighter IV All Community Showcase tournaments will be run by designated Game Ambassadors and will have access to the Community Showcase area on the show floor. The Top 6 finalists for all Community Showcase titles will receive Evo Community Tournament medals. For those who can't make it, Community Showcase tournaments will be streamed live on a variety of Twitch and YouTube channels.

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys,

#GladMort's physical original soundtrack is now available on the #Kickstarter! Created by @StefSirrah, the music adds a dynamic touch that give players the desire to surpass themselves Get the add-on: https://kck.st/4bh5LBU #NeoGeo #Dreamcast #GhoulsnGhosts #MetalSlug

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

#アケアカNEOGEO セール情報!! (PS4&Switch版) 今回も #アケアカ10周年 記s!! オススメ5作をセレクト!! ¥419(50%OFF)のナイスプライスにて提供!! 6/5(水) PM 23:59まで!! NEOGEO作品を遊び、アケアカ10周年を祝おう!! (※購入リンクはリプ欄からご確認ください) #アケアカ #アーケードアーカイブス
Translated from Japanese by
#アケアカNEOGEO Sale information!! (PS4 & Switch version) This time too, to celebrate #アケアカ10周年 we have selected our top 5 recommended titles! Offered at a great price of ¥419 (50% OFF)!! Until 23:59 on Wednesday, June 5th!! Play NEOGEO games and celebrate the 10th anniversary of ACA!!  ( ※ Please check the reply section for the purchase link) #アケアカ #アーケードアーカイブス

GOIudFhWwAAG7ZS?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Translated from Japanese by
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

GOFl180aoAAFxGY?format=jpg&name=360x360

GOFl2A8bIAAlvA-?format=jpg&name=360x360

GOFl34RaIAAR5A5?format=jpg&name=360x360

GOFl3JIaYAABqM7?format=jpg&name=360x360

Anthony...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Gemintronic said:

As we found out, Neo Geo dev is poorly documented. Any team that figures it out refuses to share what they know (yes, I talk from experience.). We had to figure things out with no guidance or help whatsoever.

This attitude needs to change. Gold Star Team (my team and I) are documenting everything as we go along; we plan on releasing this documentation when we are finished. It’s time to remove the secrecy of Neo Geo Development and bring it to the public. We understand that we won’t be popular with other developers by doing this, but it doesn’t matter. It’s about the community, not some secret that has been held tightly to certain peoples’ chests.

Edit: Fixed spelling 

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, shane857 said:

I would love to see that happen 💪🏻

Oh, absolutely. The Super Spy is proof that a Wolfenstein could be done with little effort. It would require the Neo-Geo’s sprite scaling capabilities. And since the Neo Geo can display 380 sprites, you could make a VERY convincing port.

• Like 1

Hi guys, 

Say, it's AtariAge members and friend @StoneAgeGamer. Let's read what he has to say about the upcoming title Project Neon folks. :)

We're hosting a launch event for Project Neon, a brand new Neo Geo game! If you're in the Salem OH area, come by our store on Thursday 5/23 starting at 10am and try the game out, meet some of the people from
@FULLSET_Collect, and let them know what you think!

Anthony...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1