IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】SAMURAI SPIRITSのSteamによる大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加下さい! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=10048 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ
Translated from Japanese by
[Notice] A SAMURAI SHODOWN Steam tournament will be held. Please come along and participate! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=10048 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Back with amerika with a pleasant surprise for us. amerika is the same gentleman that's developing Vengeance Hunters with Nalua Studios. However this time he's currently playing Gladmort. Yep, that's right, Gladmort! The same game that Chipsonsteroids is in the works with PixelHeart. Nice to see fellow members in the community helping each other out to help promote their products. So this will be great to see for sure from the kind sir. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"I played the new demo/game put out by Pixelheart called Gladmort. It is inspired by Ghost & Goblins but has a couple of unique game play features that are quite nice. You collect weapons as you go and you can cycle through them (I didn't realize this until later) and you keep your weapons on death and through continues. This game shows a lot of promise and I am happy that devs found a huge amount of support (including my own) on Kickstarter!"

Anthony..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Back with amerika with a pleasant surprise for us. amerika is the same gentleman that's developing Vengeance Hunters with Nalua Studios. However this time he's currently playing Gladmort. Yep, that's right, Gladmort! The same game that Chipsonsteroids is in the works with PixelHeart. Nice to see fellow members in the community helping each other out to help promote their products. So this will be great to see for sure from the kind sir. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"I played the new demo/game put out by Pixelheart called Gladmort. It is inspired by Ghost & Goblins but has a couple of unique game play features that are quite nice. You collect weapons as you go and you can cycle through them (I didn't realize this until later) and you keep your weapons on death and through continues. This game shows a lot of promise and I am happy that devs found a huge amount of support (including my own) on Kickstarter!"

Anthony..

While I still question the game’s price, I will admit - after watching the demo, the game has more charm than I realized. The bosses are massive! I was really impressed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

While I still question the game’s price, I will admit - after watching the demo, the game has more charm than I realized. The bosses are massive! I was really impressed. 

Same here Mike. The game is coming along nicely with better presentation and gameplay at this point. So things are starting to change with a better score of a 8 out of 10 for me now. :)

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Pre-Registration Begins! Side-scrolling Run and Gun Game, Mission Start! Welcome to the World of Metal Slug: Awakening! Pre-Registration Available! Commander, are you ready to fight? Go Pre-Register https://msawk.haoplay.com > Join our official community for more game-related information. Discord: https://discord.gg/metalslugawakening

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2024 at 2:27 AM, roots.genoa said:

I kinda fell in love with that game, even though I don't remember how I discovered it (through magazines I guess), but I asked my brother to buy it for me. It was the Japanese version, though, so I never went very far unfortunately and got busy with other things. I had NO idea back then it had been localized in English. Maybe I should get the bootleg if it's not too expensive.

Yep, euroland got the english faselei. by that time america was probably already bin-clearancing them in blister packs. Magazines liked faselei though. I think I remember coverage in EGM.

I've won about a dozen battles so far--3x story battles and a bunch of side-battles. Game's neat, already in my top10 for sure, maybe barely in top5. 

story-wise all the characters involved (including my character) should know a great deal about their world, and are choosing not to let me in on it. I get mystery and suspense, but jeez :D 

In final fantasy they give the main character amnesia so they can experience the discovery with players, but in faselei they just let everybody be willfully evasive about the big picture of what's going on.

faselei's also a title that will throw a lengthy mission at the player, and right at the end will randomly throw a second curve ball forcing the player to quit, reload the game and properly equip for that mystery surprise. Looking at you mission#3...replaying all of that one was all the gaming I had in me for the night.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

This guy scanned the NGPC shell: https://x.com/WeskMods/status/1798732238982631684

If you scroll down a little bit there also is someone that recreated the joystick, it's all 3D printed stuff, but should be good for repairs and since it's open source others could use it for their own projects, I wonder if someone is recreating the PCB too. Someone took the ICs from an MVS 1F and installed into that brand new AES PCB I posted a few months ago, and it worked! Not sure why anyone would want to do that since AES games are more expensive, but the idea is nice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reaperman said:

faselei's also a title that will throw a lengthy mission at the player, and right at the end will randomly throw a second curve ball forcing the player to quit, reload the game and properly equip for that mystery surprise. Looking at you mission#3...replaying all of that one was all the gaming I had in me for the night.

Oh I hate that! It's one of the reasons I was never fond of Fire Emblem for instance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Join me as I defeat Sengoku 2 for Neo-Geo CD.

Sure thing Mike. Will all going to have fun watching it from you bro. Thank you for sharing this with us. :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, M-S said:

This guy scanned the NGPC shell: https://x.com/WeskMods/status/1798732238982631684

If you scroll down a little bit there also is someone that recreated the joystick, it's all 3D printed stuff, but should be good for repairs and since it's open source others could use it for their own projects, I wonder if someone is recreating the PCB too. Someone took the ICs from an MVS 1F and installed into that brand new AES PCB I posted a few months ago, and it worked! Not sure why anyone would want to do that since AES games are more expensive, but the idea is nice.

Oh wow M-S. I have to say I'm really impressed by his 3D printed works. I never seen anything like this before until you shared the link with us bro. Now I'm interested to find out more. Thank you for sharing this with us M-S. This really made my day for sure. :thumbsup: :)

Neo Geo Pocket Color scans on the way!

Hi guys,

[FATAL FURY: CotW] Viva the Lilien Knights! The lovable B. Jenet, virtuous pirate captain, dives back into action! Trailer now up! Voice Actors: Amber Lee Connors (EN) Mikako Komatsu (JA) B. JENET: Character Trailer https://youtu.be/Mv61rOpOYlU #FatalFury #CotW

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

[FATAL FURY: CotW] Enter the demon—young Vox Reaper stalks his prey through the shadows of South Town! Trailer now up! Voice Actors: Erik Ransom (EN) Toshiyuki Toyonaga (JA) VOX REAPER: Character Trailer https://youtu.be/rRHPunjhqGM #FatalFury #CotW

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

FATAL FURY: City of the Wolves, SNK’s newest fighting game, releases in early 2025 on Xbox Series X|S! Store listings are now live. Wishlist the game now! https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/fatalfury-cotw/ #FatalFury #CotW

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gold Star Team Update:

We have some news! For starters, #Sensitivity for #NeoGeoCD, #NeoGeoAES and #NeoGeoMVS will be completed by the end of June 2024. Plus, we are going to use #Kickstarter to take orders. The game will be finished by then, so the only wait will be the manufacturing process. We’re excited and we hope you are too! After #Sensitivity launches, we will announce our next BIG project for the #NeoGeo! 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Join me as I defeat Sengoku 2 for Neo-Geo CD.

holding a and b does a projectile attack (or maybe ABC, watch the how-to play), makes the game more manageable

anyway, I've been working on metal slug x and 3, and managed to 1 credit x, should 1 life clear it soon.

3 actually is 1 life clearable,  I've managed to run every level without dying, but clearing the whole game is an absolute endurance test.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

It's weekend time again! Let's team up for a tournament. Join the SNK MVSX community and share the joy of gaming with family. #FamilyGaming #SNKMVSX #JoyfulMoments #homearcade #classicconsole #KOF #GAMINGSTATION #RetroArcade #MVSMINI #SNKMVSX #NEOGEOGAMES #UNICO #ARCADEGAMES

Anthony..

• Thanks 1