IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

斬るか斬られるか── 12人の剣客がしのぎを削り合う対戦格闘アクション PS4®『アケアカNEOGEO サムライスピリッツ』配信開始! http://psstore.eng.mg/56dd4

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Cut, cut ── fit cut the makeshift band of 12 opponents fighting action PS4® ACE ACA NEOGEO uses' released! http://psstore.eng.mg/56dd4

CzJbqNcUkAAQwXB.jpg
1 reply202 retweets99 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Some Nice Neo Geo pickups over last weekend.

First is the Neo Geo Pocket. Never had one, found one in the box for $30 with one game. Plays great and controls amazing, basically the same as a Neo Geo CD Pad. Nice little system.

IMG_3274_zpsn1ciwppv.jpg

IMG_3275_zpsa5wtptr4.jpg

IMG_3277_zpsos9gdgju.jpg

Next up I'm super proud of. A Neo Geo CDZ, and not just an CDZ but my old one. I sold it years ago with about 30 games for god knows why. I found the old email from the Craigslist add I sold it to back in 2010 and contacted the guy and he sold it back to me at a fraction of what I sold it to him for. This is the very same CDZ that Classic Game Room borrowed from me to review as well as my MAS Arcade stick and some CD games.

link:

IMG_3271_zpsgrhoc9x8.jpg

IMG_3270_zpsyqjdezxb.jpg

IMG_3273_zps8ri3ufz1.jpg
  • Like 2

Hi guys this is my first post here. I'm a big retro game collector but I'm not too familiar with Neo-Geo. I came across a game at a garage sale a few years ago but the problem is I don't know what I have because there is no label and I don't own the system to test it. So I took some pictures of the boards and the case and I hope 1 of you guys can help me identify it. Ty

http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/LiLLaPorte/media/405_zpszih6vlzk.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/LiLLaPorte/media/404_zpssxtpbnoz.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/LiLLaPorte/media/406_zpscexn9ayr.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

• Like 1

Hi guys this is my first post here. I'm a big retro game collector but I'm not too familiar with Neo-Geo. I came across a game at a garage sale a few years ago but the problem is I don't know what I have because there is no label and I don't own the system to test it. So I took some pictures of the boards and the case and I hope 1 of you guys can help me identify it. Ty

Hi LiLLa,

Welcome aboard to Atariage.com and thank you for participating on, The Official Neo-Geo Thread on the forums. :)

Please enjoy your stay and partake on the many discussions we have here on the Neo-Geo thread. We accept new members and were glad to help answer your questions that you have. You're more than welcome to retract on the many pages that we accumulated here to help motivate you to become a buff of the Neo-Geo platforms with all the fascinating videos, tweets, music, news and all around everything associated with SNK and with Neo-Geo. :)

In regards to your concerns I have a great website that we can forward you to check all the PCB boards on AES and MVS carts like the pictures that you provided for us. These photos represent the actual boards from the cartridge to show legitimacy to make sure gamers purchases or findings are accurate on what SNK manufactured.

Here's the link LiLLa.

http://www.arcade-collector.com/neogeo.php

This link will help you fully and will guide you on future pickups. Your cart that you found was for the MVS arcade unit and judging by the cart shell alone, it might be a common title.

Hope this helps you out LiLLa. Thank you for posting and were glad to help and see you again on the Neo-Geo thread and around Atariage.com soon,

Thank you again and have fun. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Some Nice Neo Geo pickups over last weekend.

First is the Neo Geo Pocket. Never had one, found one in the box for $30 with one game. Plays great and controls amazing, basically the same as a Neo Geo CD Pad. Nice little system.

Next up I'm super proud of. A Neo Geo CDZ, and not just an CDZ but my old one. I sold it years ago with about 30 games for god knows why. I found the old email from the Craigslist add I sold it to back in 2010 and contacted the guy and he sold it back to me at a fraction of what I sold it to him for. This is the very same CDZ that Classic Game Room borrowed from me to review as well as my MAS Arcade stick and some CD games.

link:

Hey evile,

Nice pickup with the NGPC. You will certainly enjoy that awesome gem of a unit for sure. Nice and looks in great shape, :)

As for the CDZ unit. WOW!!!! :-o :-o

What an amazing background this unit has, not only did you repurchased your CDZ back for a fraction of the cost from the buyer that sold it back to you, but your console was of Classic Game Room?! Amazing....simply amazing!!!! This unit is part of history. Glad the its back in your collection bro. Hold on to this unit for sure.

Awesome photos you showed us evile. Glad you have your CDZ back and well done on being the new owner of a Neo Geo Pocket Color. :thumbsup:

Keep up the great work as always bro. See you soon. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

H guys,

In the PS4/PS Vita version of “GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES”, there is a “Menu BGM Mode” in which you can enjoy the stages’ BGM. #SNK #MOW

CzMzGLuUcAANnTC.jpg
0 replies21 retweets55 likes
Retweet
Liked

PS4/PS Vita版『餓狼 MARK OF THE WOLVES』には、各キャラクターのステージ曲が楽しめる「メニューBGMモード」を搭載! #SNK #MOW

With the menu BGM mode enjoy PS4/PS Vita Edition "fatal fury Wolf MARK OF THE WOLVES ' in that, each character's stage songs! #SNK #MOW

CzMzhayVEAEFv6V.jpg
0 replies24 retweets27 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【ミニゲーム:2048】 同じ数字を組み合わせて数字を大きくして行こう!! 一定数数字を大きくすると格闘家の破片が獲得可能だ。 コツは端に集めること!?さぁ挑戦してみてくれ!

[Mini-games: 2048] Let's enlarge the numbers with the same numbers! Over several months, to increase and martial debris is obtainable. Find tips at the end! And I try me!

CzIKUsmWIAAfRLE.jpg
0 replies24 retweets32 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【ミニゲーム:2048】 同じ数字を組み合わせて数字を大きくして行こう!! 一定数数字を大きくすると格闘家の破片が獲得可能だ。 コツは端に集めること!?さぁ挑戦してみてくれ!

[Mini-games: 2048] Let's enlarge the numbers with the same numbers! Over several months, to increase and martial debris is obtainable. Find tips at the end! And I try me!

CzIKUsmWIAAfRLE.jpg
0 replies24 retweets32 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【MSA お知らせ】 本日より12/11(日)までイベント開催中!イベントステージをクリアして、「アイアン・ノカーナMK II」をGETしてください! #MSA http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20161208_01muzju.html

[MSA announced today from 12 / 11 to (Sunday) throughout the event! Clears the event stage, "iron Nocona MK II" should GET! #MSA http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20161208_01muzju.html

CzIk617VQAA8ghO.jpg
0 replies18 retweets25 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Some Nice Neo Geo pickups over last weekend.First is the Neo Geo Pocket. Never had one, found one in the box for $30 with one game. Plays great and controls amazing, basically the same as a Neo Geo CD Pad. Nice little system.IMG_3274_zpsn1ciwppv.jpgIMG_3275_zpsa5wtptr4.jpgIMG_3277_zpsos9gdgju.jpgNext up I'm super proud of. A Neo Geo CDZ, and not just an CDZ but my old one. I sold it years ago with about 30 games for god knows why. I found the old email from the Craigslist add I sold it to back in 2010 and contacted the guy and he sold it back to me at a fraction of what I sold it to him for. This is the very same CDZ that Classic Game Room borrowed from me to review as well as my MAS Arcade stick and some CD games.link: https://youtu.be/Z0jdvL5jln0IMG_3271_zpsgrhoc9x8.jpgIMG_3270_zpsyqjdezxb.jpgIMG_3273_zps8ri3ufz1.jpg

Awesome story! The prodigal fun came home.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Who will be crowned as KOF XIV’s best player? “KOF XIV WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP” tournament dates finally announced! https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2016/120901/

CzOq_msVIAAFwKE.jpg
0 replies47 retweets59 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2016/120901/

SNK CORPORATION

News Release

WEBSITE

December 9th, 2016

wcs_img.jpg
PlayStation®4 Exclusive THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV
Who will be crowned as KOF XIV’s best player?
“KOF XIV WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP”tournament dates finally announced!

We are proud to announce the dates of the two tournament events scheduled for “THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP” (WCS) during which the best THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV (KOF XIV) player in the fighting game community will be crowned World Champion. Please stay tuned for more details about these exciting events to be announced in the coming days!

KOF XIV WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP <“FOUR KINGS” TOURNAMENT>

Place  Tokyo (Japan)

Date  February 18th, 2017 (Sat.)

Description

16 top level players selected via previous tournament qualifiers (or invites) will battle it out until the 4 finalists (FOUR KINGS) have been decided.

* Accommodation and transportation expenses involved in arriving at the tournament venue will be borne by SNK.

About the WCS FINAL 16 TOURNAMENT / “FOUR KINGS” TOURNAMENT Qualifier Event

・Further announcements will be made in the near future about the remaining WCS “FOUR KINGS” qualifier tournaments.

・If a player who has already been invited (qualified) to the WCS “FOUR KINGS” TOURNAMENT wins one of the remaining qualifier events, the player who placed 2nd at that tournament will be invited to the WCS “FOUR KINGS” MATCH.

KOF XIV WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP <GRAND FINAL>

Place  Beijing (China)

Date  mid-March 2017

Description 

The 4 players remaining after the “FOUR KINGS” TOURNAMENT will compete against each other to decide the World Champion. Cash prizes and other gorgeous prizes will be offered to the players.

* Accommodation and transportation expenses involved in arriving at the tournament venue will be borne by SNK.

INFORMATION

“THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV” official website.▶︎

https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/

©SNK CORPORATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

* PlayStation” is a registered trademark or trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.

bnr_contact01_pc.png

Follow SNK's Official Facebook &
Twitter accounts in order to get the latest info on
promotional campaigns and events!
Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back with fellow Atariage member and Neo-Geo contributer Mark from Retro Core. Mark did an outstanding comparison video of Viewpoint. A challenging title that is loved by many and worth looking into playing all the ports available. You will love Viewpoint, and ditto to Marks video.

From the description,

"Another show requested by the fans. Let's take a look at how the classic Neo Geo arcade hit, Viewpoint made it's way to the home."

Time Code

00:22 - Arcade (Neo Geo)
02:34 - Mega Drive
04:53 - Neo Geo CD
06:35 - FM Towns
08:34 - Sharp X68000
10:57 - PlayStation
13:00 - All versions running side by side

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

今日届いたゲーム。 #ネオジオ #neogeo

The game arrived today. #ネオジオ #neogeo

Cydm-sYWIAABhs6.jpg
1 reply1 retweet18 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hey Anthony I have a question for you. When I was walking home from school today I passed a flea market. I was looking and I saw a MVS game called the King of Fighters 2004 special or something similar. Have you heard of this game?

Edited by Neo 64
  • Like 1

Hey Anthony I have a question for you. When I was walking home from school today I passed a flea market. I was looking and I saw a MVS game called the King of Fighters 2004 special or something similar. Have you heard of this game?

Hey Evan,

That game is a fake. Its really a hack that was made and isn't part of the MVS or AES lineup since SNK discontinued the Neo-Geo in 2004. I've seen it on YouTube before. Its pretty good though. But the game isn't made by SNK.

Hope this helps Evan.

Anthony...