IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Soirée d'entraînement pour la soirée @CoinOpLegacy du 10 décembre...@Hadr1en @JohnCouscous @offblink #windjammers #NeoGeo

Translated from French by BingWrong translation?

Training for the evening night @CoinOpLegacy 10 December... @Hadr1en @JohnCouscous @offblink #windjammers #NeoGeo

Cx-unjVXUAAJujL.jpg
1 reply6 retweets13 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

I've been testing out my neo->pc converter, which works great, but needs some more drying time and cleanup. Now that I'm testing it by playing snk/p games with my neo controller, what's striking to me is the low quality of these titles on steam.

KOF13

• no stage intros
  • no character intro animations
  • rest of team not shown on stage
  • walls of text between characters in a fight
  • cutscenes unvoiced
  • but wow, did they nail it on art style and most of the backgrounds.
  • handles pretty well too, and runs at an interesting pace

kof98 ultimate match

• so many special move execution issues. Maybe this was because I was just playing 13, but 13 came *so* naturally, and it took me 4 credits to adapt to UM. ("neo geo mode" made no difference)
  • weird hitbox issue where I watch my arm/leg pass right through the enemy. maybe this is some kind of 'ultimate match' dodge I'm not aware of.
  • love that remixed intro music

metal slug 3

• some sound effects are not just wrong, but terrible.
  • inconsistent smoothness causes a lot of deaths.
  • game appeared to freeze for a solid half second when giving trophies...but was still running in the background killing me.
  • on my first credit I lost my lives while there were still crabs on the screen (unheard of), my second credit I lost a life and a tank to the level 1 boss (easiest boss in the series). Something's wrong here.

I've never played UM in the arcade, so I'm not sure how different it is supposed to feel from standard kof 98, but I sure have played a lot of MS3. I feel pretty bad for those who thought they were getting a decent representation of the game.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Today's project was my aforementioned neo2usb joystick converter. Luckily, neo geo controllers usually only have switches inside, so any usb encoder should work fine.

I picked a bottom-of-the-barrel encoder unit, because I wanted a fun, cheap project. I also opted not to hook up the +5v that a few advanced/custom controllers want (for led's, optical sticks, autofire circuits, etc). It seems like the last time I dealt with a similar encoder, the 'common ground' was a +5v instead, so I just didn't want to investigate or deal with it this time. I don't have any neo sticks with those features, and other than that, the neo2usb seems to do the trick just fine. Maybe a little latency on the stick side, but that is likely a result of the windows controller properties viewer. (I can't think of any actual reason for the stick to appear slower than the other switches)

internals:

YHw1W1dm.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Today's project was my aforementioned neo2usb joystick converter. Luckily, neo geo controllers usually only have switches inside, so any usb encoder should work fine.

I picked a bottom-of-the-barrel encoder unit, because I wanted a fun, cheap project. I also opted not to hook up the +5v that a few advanced/custom controllers want (for led's, optical sticks, autofire circuits, etc). It seems like the last time I dealt with a similar encoder, the 'common ground' was a +5v instead, so I just didn't want to investigate or deal with it this time. I don't have any neo sticks with those features, and other than that, the neo2usb seems to do the trick just fine. Maybe a little latency on the stick side, but that is likely a result of the windows controller properties viewer. (I can't think of any actual reason for the stick to appear slower than the other switches)

internals:

YHw1W1dm.jpg

This looks pretty god Reaper. :thumbsup:

I always like to see your projects and how you tinker with things to meet your expectations on how you want ti. Glad you shared this with us.

Anthony....

• Like 1

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry.

1. [ #NeoGeo] Garou Mark Of The Wolves/[Japan Import] [uSED] #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/uJqTKPkYlh

Cyy-ei7WQAExLNX.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet2 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
    More
  2. SNK/#NeoGeo Pocket Color Console and 7 Games #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/ilxztSRwgd

CyyyYNQXgAEqc6A.jpg
    0 replies2 retweets2 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
    More
  3. #NeoGeo Color Pocket *Rare+Fatal Fury game Bad Sub Battery #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/jwdOHULyuF

CyyjTVLWIAAa483.jpg
    Retweet
    Liked
    More
  4. #NeoGeo Pocket Color (Carbon Black) Console JP GAME. #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/SlaEHFeRBw

CyydUr7WgAQgciF.jpg
    Retweet
    Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Prototype pic of Neo Turf Masters/Big Tournament Golf. Tentative name "World Tour Golf". Compare changes on final. @VGDensetsu #NeoGeo #ネオジオ

CyzrNpXVEAAJdHm.jpg
Cyzss2_UcAEXHs4.jpg
0 replies1 retweet4 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Rien de tel qu'un petit défouloir pour bien commencer la journée! #snk #burningfight #neogeo https://youtu.be/Byt0B6eAcK0

Translated from French by BingWrong translation?

Nothing like a little outlet to start the day! #snk #burningfight #neogeo https://youtu.be/Byt0B6eAcK0

Cd0nul3XIAAqn0f.jpg
0 replies0 retweets1 like
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Next up in my 20 From 1994 series:

AERO FIGHTERS 2/SONIC WINGS 2

Lovely, crisp vertically-scrolling shmup with great power-ups and perfect controls. And probably the only shmup with a dolphin and a baby as playable pilots!

Excellent choice with Aero Fighters 2 Russ. :thumbsup:

Its my favorite out of the series and really such an entertaining game for the Neo-Geo. Thank you for contributing and we can't wait to see more from you as always. ;)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

SNK Playmore moved out of this Osaka office, its logo remains burned into the building - amazing yet symbolic.#snk

BkdE1IKCAAAGWAh.png
1 reply35 retweets20 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224