IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Here another speed paint run with popular character Iori Yagami. I like the music that goes along with this. Speed painting is pretty awesome to do in a matter of minutes. One can learn using simple techniques and become a pro after just a few times!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Happy Easter to all and thank you for supporting, "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" on Atariage.com from me and my family. Hope you enjoy your Easter Sunday with your love ones with good food, good laughs, good times, and God bless you all!

Also would like to support my friends (and gamers) in the Jewish community and hope they had a wonderful Passover with friends and family as well. Shalom to you all as well!

This morning, I decided to play, "Puzzle Bobble 2 / Bust-A-Move Again" for the MVS. Developed by Taito and published by SNK, Puzzle Bobble 2 was the sequel to Puzzle Bobble and a great one to say the least! The puzzles were more challenging, the music was tune to more catchy notes, and the fun factor on this titles is just as high as the first one!

Trust me, you're going to love this title. Pick this one up if you can. You won't be unhappy with the overall results of it!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Happy Easter Passover right back at you. I'm drunkenly returning from a bar egg hunt here.

Today I've been playing MS4. Not a bad game in its own right, but it does have previous games to live up to as well--which it doesn't. Still, I'm having fun milking it for score. I'm only halfway through the second level (I keep continues off). I will become better!

Super Sidekicks 4: ultimate 11 is in the mail, which will actually be my first super sidekicks game. Outside of those, for football I have Neo Geo cup '98, which is a SSk3 upgrade. I bought it because the handheld version of Neo Geo Cup '98 was so good. Back in the NGP import (not color) days, it was my only game, and I played it for at least ten in-game seasons. My old team rocked--I could kick goals from mid-field. I really wish the depth of the handheld title was in the arcade.

I hear super sidekicks 2 is really worth owning as well--and it's *VERY* inexpensive.

Anyway, about a week ago I had the bro/sis in-law over with their kids, and my nephew really enjoyed the mvs cab. I had the 100-in-1 in, and enjoyed a few shmups--aero fighters 2 and strikers 1945 plus. I think I'm the 'cool' uncle now.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Happy Easter Passover right back at you. I'm drunkenly returning from a bar egg hunt here.

Today I've been playing MS4. Not a bad game in its own right, but it does have previous games to live up to as well--which it doesn't. Still, I'm having fun milking it for score. I'm only halfway through the second level (I keep continues off). I will become better!

Super Sidekicks 4: ultimate 11 is in the mail, which will actually be my first super sidekicks game. Outside of those, for football I have Neo Geo cup '98, which is a SSk3 upgrade. I bought it because the handheld version of Neo Geo Cup '98 was so good. Back in the NGP import (not color) days, it was my only game, and I played it for at least ten in-game seasons. My old team rocked--I could kick goals from mid-field. I really wish the depth of the handheld title was in the arcade.

I hear super sidekicks 2 is really worth owning as well--and it's *VERY* inexpensive.

Anyway, about a week ago I had the bro/sis in-law over with their kids, and my nephew really enjoyed the mvs cab. I had the 100-in-1 in, and enjoyed a few shmups--aero fighters 2 and strikers 1945 plus. I think I'm the 'cool' uncle now.

Nice pick up as usual Reaper! I love soccer titles for the Neo-Geo and SSK3 is a great game! If you can purchase its past sequals like SSK2 and 1 at a really cheap price, you like them just as much. I bought both for $30 with S&H. Glad that you playing MS4 as well. Its not a bad title and the other Metal Slugs are better of course. But its still fun and nice to have in your collection!

Nice to have your family members over playing the Neo. We need the younger generation like your nephew to play and become a follower of the platform! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again showing maintenance & repair videos with fellow Atariage member "GadgetUK" . This time, he'll be showing a faulty cart, a counterfeit Puzzle Bobble MVS cartridge and turning it into a 2 in 1 cart! Remarkable!!!

From his description.

"A short video showing a 2 in 1 Cart I made from a faulty cart and a Puzzle Bobble bootleg"

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Here an interesting video called "Neo Geo Challenge: Blind Game Title Test! - Part 1 & 2" by "HeadacheHeroes".

From their description,

"Challenge #158 - As Matt selects random Neo Geo games to play, Rocky must guess their titles based on gameplay (but no title screens) and his memory. [Part 1 & 2]"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT1PPt8jyH0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vRXbwbbqBQ

Anthony...

• Like 1

Rocky must guess their titles based on gameplay (but no title screens) and his memory. [Part 1 & 2]"

A task that should be pretty goddamn easy to do with a library as small as NG's, but watching parts of the first one, it doesn't seem like they're very into the system. Actually it doesn't even seem like video games are really their thing in general.

But I suppose if somebody came up to me with a 'name that pokemon' flashcard set, I'd do about as miserably, so everybody probably has blind spots.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

A task that should be pretty goddamn easy to do with a library as small as NG's, but watching parts of the first one, it doesn't seem like they're very into the system. Actually it doesn't even seem like video games are really their thing in general.

But I suppose if somebody came up to me with a 'name that pokemon' flashcard set, I'd do about as miserably, so everybody probably has blind spots.

So true Reaper! So true!

Anthony...

• Like 1

Ooh, self-promotion senses tingling!

http://kiblitzing.blogspot.com/2015/04/total-exposure-snk-arcade-classics-vol.html

I just reviewed all the games in SNK's Arcade Classics collection. Contrary to popular belief, not every Neo-Geo game is a gem... believe me, I know. :P At least they left Fight Fever and Legend of Success Joe off this disc.

• Like 1

Ooh, self-promotion senses tingling!

http://kiblitzing.blogspot.com/2015/04/total-exposure-snk-arcade-classics-vol.html

I just reviewed all the games in SNK's Arcade Classics collection. Contrary to popular belief, not every Neo-Geo game is a gem... believe me, I know. :P At least they left Fight Fever and Legend of Success Joe off this disc.

Hi Jess:

Nice review. Thank you for sharing it. Its true Neo-Geo had its fair share of mediocre titles that the video game community weren't shy to express their feelings on them! But, like they say, if you're enjoying it and you like the title, that's all that matters the most!

Come by anytime to post Neo-Geo or SNK/P opinions anytime! You're welcome to do so! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Rejoice!!! We've made it to our 1,000th post here on, "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" on Atariage.com. Thank you all that support this thread, and lets continue on!

To celebrate, were back with fellow Atariage member, "GadgetUK" and he'll be showing us his Neo-Geo picksups that he recently obtain for his Neo-Geo MVS collection.

Anthony...