IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

1. 【肉まん食う?】 画面を高速連打しケンスウに肉まんを食べさせよう! タップ数に応じてコインとケンスウ破片が入手できます。 本日最終日。挑戦を忘れずに! #KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/yJ95Wopbha

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

[Meat eating? ] And high speed roll screen, Kensou eat meat! Coins and Kensou fragments are available depending on the number of taps. Today is the last day. To forget the challenge! #KOF98UMOL

DEXYTaGUwAAg0r2.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【クローン戦】 今日と明日、クローン戦でK'とオロチが必ず登場! 勝利すればイベント画面からさらにオロチ破片を入手できます! #KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/eInfglZaBk

Translate from Japanese

Clone season today and tomorrow the clone war with K ' and always appeared the Orochi! If you win you can get a Orochi debris further from event screen! #KOF98UMOL

DEXao4pU0AEgwf8.jpg

Anthony...

I don't know about a slim as well MJ. I mostly have the traditional NGPC in my collection. But I'll be on the look out for you if I do. :)

Yeah, recession did affect the prices over here. The games did decline in prices that I hit payday with them. Nice to see you have a rental cart for your unit MJ. I don't have any in my collection, but would be cool though.

Do you have any promotional goodies or movies that involved the Neo-Geo characters like Fatal Fury or Samurai Shodown MJ?

Anthony..

I dont Ant, I love Anime and Manga but the few DVDs and VHS Ive been offered don't have and English dub or English subtitles so there unwatchable really so they'd be cool to own as such but not very enjoyable really. Ive seen on French eBay that Black and Silver History of SNK DVD but Im not sure if that has English In It, so €80-€140 is a bit of a risk not knowing if it watchable. Do you have many/any Documentaries or movies?

MJ

Edited by mattyjjenkins
  • Like 1

Yup. May 2016 I joined a facebook group out of boredom from in town for gaming, within an hour I saw a 2 slot MVS go up with 10 carts (10th is a 161in1 I mothballed) and wanted $700. I talked him into $500 + Dragon Warrior IV+Tokuma Guide book as compensation. Ever since I've been trolling forums and ebay for solid cheaper deals and occasional good deal bundles on games. I've not bought any for awhile, but in the last week I went after 2 forum based deals too good to ignore but now my paypal is gut punched hard.

We know of the one I teased days ago, just wrangled another 2 cart deal this afternoon, and those 2 both were over my usual stay under $100 mark, but for what they are I'm pleased as they've been long wants since I got the cabinet. The only long term SNK thing I ever was into (affordable) was the NGPC which I recently finally stopped procrastinating over and bought a few months back and it's a happy thing to have around again. So yes I did actually collect something SNK related with the handheld (and if you include Takara SS1 and SS1 for both SNES and Gameboy back then.)

I've now run out of room across the shelf where I spaced out slots for MVS carts as it's a 3x sectional and each of the areas holds 12 and with the 2in the cabinet I'm over by 1. Oops. :P There's a small list of stuff I'd still like but the prices blow, probably will look into a NeoSD at some rate or just be happy with what's there. There are others still on the quite cheap I'd snap up like Art of Fighting and SS #1 on both.

Thats amazing! I love hearing when people get sucked in to the NeoGeo scene, its so cool. Theres something magical about the Neo Im not sure what it is but it grips you and won't let go I can remember getting mine in 1990 and loved it but it wasn't until 98 when I bought a second hand top loader PAL version I saw advertised in the Hereford Trad-IT paper made my dad drive all the way to MerthyrTidfil in Wales to pick it up from that point I was total sucked in and that was it, from a casual SNK lover to a blind obsessed NeoGeo/SNK everything collector! Its my Birthday tomorrow so my Girlfriends treated me to a NeoSD thinking it would maybe stop me spending so much on games... little does she no! lol :)

MJ

IMG_4535.mp4

post-61243-0-47371400-1499709834_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-68306800-1499709868_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-87403100-1499709901_thumb.jpg

*not again!!* Cant add video clips either Ant, again dunno what Im doing wrong!

Edited by mattyjjenkins
  • Like 1

Thats amazing! I love hearing when people get sucked in to the NeoGeo scene, its so cool. Theres something magical about the Neo Im not sure what it is but it grips you and won't let go I can remember getting mine in 1990 and loved it but it wasn't until 98 when I bought a second hand top loader PAL version I saw advertised in the Hereford Trad-IT paper made my dad drive all the way to MerthyrTidfil in Wales to pick it up from that point I was total sucked in and that was it, from a casual SNK lover to a blind obsessed NeoGeo/SNK everything collector! Its my Birthday tomorrow so my Girlfriends treated me to a NeoSD thinking it would maybe stop me spending so much on games... little does she no! lol :)

MJ

*not again!!* Cant add video clips either Ant, again dunno what Im doing wrong!

Wow. It looks great NJ. Nice to have the NeoSD in your collection. Very nice pics you got with them and can't wait to see you in action with it. :)

If you're having trouble with videos, I think it's time to contact Albert again. But he's knows how to help you bro. :)

Anthony...

I dont Ant, I love Anime and Manga but the few DVDs and VHS Ive been offered don't have and English dub or English subtitles so there unwatchable really so they'd be cool to own as such but not very enjoyable really. Ive seen on French eBay that Black and Silver History of SNK DVD but Im not sure if that has English In It, so €80-€140 is a bit of a risk not knowing if it watchable. Do you have many/any Documentaries or movies?

MJ

I have the Fatal Fury trilogy on VHS. I picked it up for cheap and really love the animation from that time period the most. I would love to pick them up on LaserDisc and the rest up in that matter for sure.

Anthony..

MJ

attachicon.gifIMG_4532.JPG

If your interested MJ or for our members and guests. American game site called Stone Age Gamer is selling them on their website after striking a deal with NeoSD. They have their own custom label with TerraOnion as the developer and Stone Age Gamer towards the right and a copyright on the bottom. So I guess collectors will get both versions now

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/

20170619_133231.jpg?t=1497899072

From NeoSD on there website version.

104.jpg

Edited by fdurso224

I have the Fatal Fury trilogy on VHS. I picked it up for cheap and really love the animation from that time period the most. I would love to pick them up on LaserDisc and the rest up in that matter for sure.

Anthony..

Yeah think gunna need to give Albert another call lol

And mate can't wait to fire it up, was my mum bday today so had to do all that family jazz (can't stand it!) and its mine tomorrow so just wanna be left alone to set up the SD, probably film it when its all up and running! Cant wait, feel like a kid at Christmas I'm that excited!

Are your FF VHS in English? In my NeoGeoFreaks they advertise the Anime on LaserDisk lol Its funny as well because LaserDisk and Video CD were really big in Japan but when it came to DVD there were real late adaptors to it!

MJ

• Like 1

If your interested MJ or for our members and guests. American game site called Stone Age Gamer is selling them on their website after striking a deal with NeoSD. They have their own custom label with TerraOnion as the developer and Stone Age Gamer towards the right and a copyright on the bottom. So I guess collectors will get both versions now

20170619_133231.jpg?t=1497899072

From NeoSD on there website version.

104.jpg

No bloody way! Much prefer that sticker! Just cart afford both, the Mrs would kill me as she's just bought that one for me, are they the same price?

MJ

• Like 1

Yeah think gunna need to give Albert another call lol

And mate can't wait to fire it up, was my mum bday today so had to do all that family jazz (can't stand it!) and its mine tomorrow so just wanna be left alone to set up the SD, probably film it when its all up and running! Cant wait, feel like a kid at Christmas I'm that excited!

Are your FF VHS in English? In my NeoGeoFreaks they advertise the Anime on LaserDisk lol Its funny as well because LaserDisk and Video CD were really big in Japan but when it came to DVD there were real late adaptors to it!

MJ

Good to know and Happy Birthday to your mother MJ. :)

That's right LaserDisc was very popular in Japan. In America, it was considered somewhat average. Those LaserDisc players were outrageously high and heavy. Pioneer did make some great units regarding them though.

Enjoy your new game bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

No bloody way! Much prefer that sticker! Just cart afford both, the Mrs would kill me as she's just bought that one for me, are they the same price?

MJ

I wouldn't mind getting both for collection purposes. But I personally like the Stone Age Gamer label more.

As for price, is $509.99 dollars (£395 pounds) for the Stone Age Gamer version

If purchased on NeoSD, its 435.99 Euros ($497 dollars or £385 pounds)

https://www.neosdstore.com/shop/index.php

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

In the US the NeoSD from SAG costs the same shipped (give or take $5 with money conversion of the day) than buying direct and paying overseas mail.

The problem I have is that SAG feels like they have a right to slap their name on every device they peddle like they actually own it, control it, or actually had any hand in making it. They don't even equalify as a publisher so why they get to ugly up peoples work is kind of sad. I'm considering a NeoSD, very tempted to see if I can buy from SAG and contact them for a non-branded sticker. Otherwise I'd rather pay the possible $5 more and wait weeks to get it. Yeah I'm like that.

Also 3 of the 5 arrived today, tried out the 2 most desirable of the set, and the others despite the short distance are due Wednesday. Hmm...

• Like 1

In the US the NeoSD from SAG costs the same shipped (give or take $5 with money conversion of the day) than buying direct and paying overseas mail.

The problem I have is that SAG feels like they have a right to slap their name on every device they peddle like they actually own it, control it, or actually had any hand in making it. They don't even equalify as a publisher so why they get to ugly up peoples work is kind of sad. I'm considering a NeoSD, very tempted to see if I can buy from SAG and contact them for a non-branded sticker. Otherwise I'd rather pay the possible $5 more and wait weeks to get it. Yeah I'm like that.

Also 3 of the 5 arrived today, tried out the 2 most desirable of the set, and the others despite the short distance are due Wednesday. Hmm...

The Stone Age Gamer version really is tempting for me seeing its here in the US already. It makes me what to purchase this one the most. I like the VHS style box for it Tanooki.

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. 「KOF REF2017」開催決定! 8月下旬にSNKさんと共同でKOF14の大会を行います! 【日時】8/26(土) 【場所】立命館大学 大阪茨木キャンパス レギュレーション等詳細については下記のサイトをご確認ください! https://gamestudy301.jimdo.com/ref2017/ pic.twitter.com/bDkzDqSeZM

Translate from Japanese

"KOF REF2017" held decision! In late August, and SNK's joint provides a KOF14 tournament! Date: 8/26 (Saturday) venue: Ritsumeikan University Osaka Ibaraki campus regulations, for more information please check below site! https://gamestudy301.jimdo.com/ref2017/

DEXS34xUQAEQZbz.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. SNK JAPAN Retweeted

『THE KING OF FIGHTERS ’98』コラボの続報!開発中のバトル画面を公開 - グランドサマナーズ運営事務局のプレスリリース https://www.value-press.com/pressrelease/186218 pic.twitter.com/gft9iI2bXE

Translate from Japanese

"THE KING OF FIGHTERS ' 98 ' continued collaboration! Public development in the battle screen-Grand samanars secretariat press release https://www. value-press.com/pressrelease/186218

DEa1g4HXkAAmYWG.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. iOS/Android「グランドサマナーズ」にて実施される「THE KING OF FIGHTERS''98」コラボの開発状況が公開 https://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201707110004/ #グラサマpic.twitter.com/vX58VZD6Ug

Translate from Japanese

held at the iOS/Android "グランドサマナーズ" "THE KING OF FIGHTERS ' ' 98" published the development of collaboration with https://www. gamer.ne.jp/news/201707110004/ #グラサマ

DEa4NHVUwAAmNAx.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. ★メタスラinfo 新ユニット「スカルエスカルゴ」くん!! 食べられても食べられても復活する1f631.png怖いけど強いやつ1f4aa.png( ¨̮ 1f4aa.png) ぬるぬる動くエスカルゴくんを是非チェックしてね1f601.png2728.png#MSA https://youtu.be/_8xmQMDzSYE pic.twitter.com/PWusIIhHwi

Translate from Japanese

★ Meta SLA info new unit "scales cargo"-Kun!! revival also eaten and eaten scared but strong guy (̮̈ ) moving slimy snails-Kun, come check it out https://youtu.be/_8xmQMDzSYE #ttps://t.co/NATEkt04Vy

DEaXT9tUQAAixci.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hi Guys,

This morning were with a gentleman by the name of Terry Bogard. Here we see terry showing us his MVS kit of Real Bout Fatal Fury Special. Very nice to say the least. Enjoy. :)

From the description.

"Here's a vid for all the Neogeo fans out there! I'm sure you're gonna enjoy this! Enjoy!"

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind getting both for collection purposes. But I personally like the Stone Age Gamer label more.

As for price, is $509.99 dollars (£395 pounds) for the Stone Age Gamer version

If purchased on NeoSD, its 435.99 Euros ($497 dollars or £385 pounds)

https://www.neosdstore.com/shop/index.php

Anthony...

Plus, you like to see the setup this comes with your purchase at Stone Age Gamer.

20170619_132659.jpg?t=1497898918

Anthony..

The Stone Age Gamer version really is tempting for me seeing its here in the US already. It makes me what to purchase this one the most. I like the VHS style box for it Tanooki.

Anthony..

Thanks Ant for the best wishes, although having my birthday the day after my mums sucks a bit! lol!

As for the NeoSD, Im supper chuffed with the actual NeoSD version and as there in spain (Europe) I can avoid VAT (tax) and it gets here pretty fast, Vinny bought it Thursday night and it arrived yesterday. I agree with Tanooki as well from what Ive seen, they seem to put there name on thing with no credit to the original maker although like you I like the SAG sticker and little set up, manual, box, labels, sticker etc. Although its like £40-£60 more to get it from the States rather than Europe so money talks in my house so Vin woulda got the cheaper one if the identical!

So the way I read it from your guys comments, have and are SAG kind of like the 'official' US distributor for NSD? There just NeoSD cart that they have re-branded and re-labled?

MJ

• Like 1

post-61243-0-99764000-1499767708_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-74829100-1499767738_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-08376800-1499767782_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-79283300-1499767811_thumb.jpg

So happy woke up this morning to find two random birthday treats, a automated 'happy birthday wish' from Nintendo and the Mrs god bless her, bought me a absolutely mint copy of NeoGeoFreak magazine (March-1998) complete with its/there highly sought-after monthly posters.

Problems? £24 for a 20 year old non english 'magazine'! Madness But love it! :D

MJ

• Like 2

post-61243-0-88331800-1499767899_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-49521300-1499767927_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-53789600-1499767953_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-40705300-1499767975_thumb.jpg

So happy woke up this morning to find two random birthday treats, a automated 'happy birthday wish' from Nintendo and the Mrs god bless her, bought me a absolutely mint copy of NeoGeoFreak magazine (March-1998) complete with its/there highly sought-after monthly posters.

Problems? £24 for a 20 year old non english 'magazine'! Madness But love it!

:D
MJ
  • Like 2