IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/flash-carts/neogeo/cartridges/

Makes me want to start looking for an AES again :)

In the meantime my switch has allowed my to enjoy the library pretty well.

Cheers'

TT

Yep. Sure did Rick. Awesome looking, I would like to get this version the most. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Im sure we can convince Albet, he'll come round if not we'll try bribery by way Alcohol, fast-food and money key things that work in most cases!

I tried ringing Console Passion and there phone number was dead, which is a bit of a downer but they seem active on Twitter so pray and hope there still around.

Ive got three things Id like done, my HomeCartConsole needs the sound thing sorted, Razzolas BIOS needs updating, mines at 2.0 and its at 3.3 now I think, and Id like a 'language' mod and BIOS fitted to my CDZ.

Ive emailed Raz as he fitted the BIOS originally in 2006 but he seems a bit, short with his replies. Prob has people daily chewing his ears off but yeah I did reach out to him but didn't seem to chuffed with having to answer me so thought Id move on. He did suggest Jammmer X as did my mate, nice dude but he's super busy too! :(

I tell ya, trying to find someone to give money to for work is hard! lol I thought It would be a lot easier!

As for the market place, didn't wanna sell anything but defiantly looking to buy complete CD games for either Japanese region or US, trying to get a whole US and Japanese set of CD games and anything and everything Pocket! :)

With NG-DEVTEAM Ant, did you just get in contact with them via the site?

Also when did you start this tread Ant?

MJ

Good to know Matty. Raz comes on and looks around here from time--to-time. He's also a member here on Atariage. :)

I contacted NGDEVTEAM from the e-mail that they posted on their site. I usually get a response from Timm when he has a chance. But he usually answers my questions right way. .

Anthony..

• Like 1

A great shooter on the Neo Geo system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eabbt2LFbaI

androdun.png

Hey Colin,

Thank you for stopping by and posting your video with Andro Dunos. Its a great shooter from Visco and happy to see you enjoying this game with us. Come by as always bro. We look forward on seeing you again.

Anthony..

Wow 12 posts past mine already, got scrolled off in a matter of hours. You really should relax the reposting as people can't share of converse easily. I could easily just start posting in the rest of the forum if this is just meant to be a rehashed news feed.

My apologies Tanooki.

So, to be fair since you took the time and dedication to show us your collection. Here's your post for others to view to stay on top to see your latest Neo-Geo belongs. Thank you for sharing and we would love to see more from you regarding your future Neo-Geo purchases.

Well the rest of my fun stuff arrived. Last time on the Neo-Geo additions I added a Top Hunter kit contents without the box, and also Shock Troopers with the mini marquee.

This time, the 5 games added are: 3 Count Bout, Blue's Journey, and Captain Tomaday in the first bundle. The second one arrived today and those two gems coming with shockboxes with nice art -- Andro Dunos and Garou Mark of the Wolves. My paypal took a reaming this month but when you see a deal an idiot would ignore you do it, and now I'm hopefully done for now unless something else unavoidable pops up.

The wall of MVS:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EnjgsGhWuvZ93BgC3

And then the shockboxes w/games

https://photos.app.goo.gl/c7rIHpGRfc6notea2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3YMf58DJDpepUNjM2

Anthony.

Edited by fdurso224

I CANT WAIT to find out! Honestly feel like a kid at Christmas! Im hoping it'll be a new Home-Cart game, I know its a shot in the dark but Im hoping SNK can see/have seen that the Home console is more popular than it was in 2004 and grace us with a new release. How amazing would LastBlade 3 be? OMG! WindJammer 2? A new FatalFury? Jeh, the possibilities are off the chart... Or its going to be maybe some kind of plug and play classic console, a bit like the Neo X (which I may say I really liked, not as nice as the Pocket and without that little bit of SNK 'magic' but good none the less) meets NES/SNES classic. Thats my guess.

And spoke to Raz and he's going to update my BIOS for me as Im only at 2.3, its over a decade old so well over due I reckon.

Now just need my CDZ mod'ed, anyone? :)

Got my HomeCart purring with perfection Ant, did a little open heart surgery on it, loaded a few lil vids up a few comments back.

MJ

Edited by mattyjjenkins
  • Like 1

I CANT WAIT to find out! Honestly feel like a kid at Christmas! Im hoping it'll be a new Home-Cart game, I know its a shot in the dark but Im hoping SNK can see/have seen that the Home console is more popular than it was in 2004 and grace us with a new release. How amazing would LastBlade 3 be? OMG! WindJammer 2? A new FatalFury? Jeh, the possibilities are off the chart... Or its going to be maybe some kind of plug and play classic console, a bit like the Neo X (which I may say I really liked, not as nice as the Pocket and without that little bit of SNK 'magic' but good none the less) meets NES/SNES classic. Thats my guess.

And spoke to Raz and he's going to update my BIOS for me as Im only at 2.3, its over a decade old so well over due I reckon.

Got my HomeCart purring with perfection Ant, did a little open heart surgery on it, loaded a few lil vids up a few comments back.

MJ

Ah-Ha! Good to know MJ.

Nothing like completing something with your own two hands that makes it so satisfying. Glad its back working as it was intended to be bro! :)

I'm really itching to find out what's in store for us that SNK has in mind. Maybe something the ordinary I hope.

I also notice that you have a nice keychain MJ. I was looking that that and have a few of them somewhere in my pad. Nice official product that SNK make for the public. Really stands out with the rest of your keys and like to give some to others no doubt.

Glad you got in touch to Raz in regards to your CDZ unit. He's also a member here on Atariage and drops by from time-to-time. Always glad to have a member like him doing great work for the community. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

I've seen that keychain on ebay before but it was overseas so I just never bothered. I probably should as right now the keychain my MVS key sits on is actually a mix of a cheap pac-man ghost monster and a broken piece of pinball lane cover plastic from my long gone gold ball.

My argument earlier wasn't about fairness. I think we need a dedicated second thread is all. We're getting more people who converse in here, and I've seen enough complaints off site how this thread goes due to the repost flood. Perhaps an official neo-geo news thread (this one) and then another for games, support, general discussion, snk general. It clearly would have some legs, look how the NGP SD kit thread went and evolved.

Personally I'm not quite certain what I'd pop for immediately at this rate. Here's my existing wish list as this rate, and clearly a select few are on the expensive side so not very likely which I can live with that just fine. With what I have now I'm pretty comfortable.

Alpha Mission II

Art of Fighting

Bang Bead

Ghostlop

Metal Slug 3

Metal Slug 4

Metal Slug 5

Metal Slug X

Neo Bomberman

Ninja Master's

Panic Bomber

Sengoku 2

Sengoku 3

Twinkle Star Sprites

Zupapa

• Like 1

Defiantly, Im not great at 'techy-bits' Im not a fan in taking things apart and messing, try and leave that to the people that no what there doing. I had given it a bit of a clean and a rub with alcohol but after Vinny bought me the SD, having a console that wasn't perfect was doing my head wright in, had to have it working 'like new'. Thankfully taking the lid off and cleaning it with a 'can of air' and a new un-used brush got it working spot on!

Played Rage Of The Dragon tonight for the first time ever and my days! Thats some game, loved it!

The NeoSD is a special piece of kit. I still can't get my head round the fact Ive every Neo game from every region ever on one cart! So the load times may bust some peoples balls but being a CD fan load times are an occupational hazard, with the SD the Pros far outweigh the Cons.

I think Raz musta been like super busy cuz he was a bit short with me, as I said he must have people on his case everyday. Also as I have to send the chip to Raz when I take the BIOS out of the socket to send will the Neo Work without it?

He said he doesn't do the CDZ ;'( so still looking for someone to do that for me!

Also Ant, seen these AMAZEING SanWa official Capcom limited edition JoyStick ball-tops will that fit on to my bean stick? I hope they do because there phenomenal! If only there was KOF versions! As for these wish I could afford the whole set! **Also are the button on this site OK to replace the buttons on my bean?

https://arcadeshock.com/collections/sanwa-denshi/products/street-fighter-iii-3rd-strike-sanwa-denshi-ball-tops

MJ

post-61243-0-28410600-1499995067_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-97897300-1499995091_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-28857500-1499995107.jpg

Edited by mattyjjenkins
  • Like 1

Also fangamer.com has a debut set of Neo Geo / SNK themed t-shirts and some come with little bonuses. $24/ea

https://www.fangamer.com/collections/snk?mc_cid=6677986c6a&mc_eid=56cdab6629

I dig that red jersey, very tempting.

Yeah Ant was a cheap eBay buy (The key chain) by the Mrs she knows how much I "love that Neo Geo thing" lol!

YES Tanooki, that red one is the nuts!! I might pull the trigger on that.

Like the suggestions on a 'second thread' think that would be cool, Im new here so can't say much :D

Is you wish list for MVS or HomeCart?

And thats where I got the keychain from on eBay was only bout £8, my Mrs got it for me dunno how much shipping was but if its cheaper UK way can buy and send it to you if thats cheaper?

MJ

Edited by mattyjjenkins

I'll contact Albert and see what he says about the latest regarding the sub-forum. If yes, we can have a little of everything that won't interfere with others postings but will have its own section of it to discuss.

As for the list. Neo Bomberman would be my next title to purchase. In my opinion, its my favorite out of the series. Always love the music in that particular version the most.

As for the shirts, the MVS Neo-Geo version is my personal favorite. I'll put that on my wish list.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Defiantly, Im not great at 'techy-bits' Im not a fan in taking things apart and messing, try and leave that to the people that no what there doing. I had given it a bit of a clean and a rub with alcohol but after Vinny bought me the SD, having a console that wasn't perfect was doing my head wright in, had to have it working 'like new'. Thankfully taking the lid off and cleaning it with a 'can of air' and a new un-used brush got it working spot on!

Played Rage Of The Dragon tonight for the first time ever tonight and my days! Thats some game, loved it!

The NeoSD is a special piece of kit. I still can't get my head round the fact Ive every Neo game from every region ever on one cart, so the load time may bust some peoples balls but being a CD fan load times are an occupational hazard,with the SD the Pros far outweigh the Cons.

I think Raz musta been like super busy cuz he was a bit short with me, as I said he must people on his case everyday. Also as I have to send the chip to Raz when I take the BIOS out of the socket to send it will the Neo Work without it?

He said he doesn't do the CDZ ;'( so still looking for someone to do that for me!

Also Ant, seen these AMAZEING SanWa official Capcom limited edition JoyStick ball-tops will that fit on to my bean stick? I hope they do because there phenomenal! If only there was KOF versions! As for these wish I could afford the whole set! **Also are the button on this site OK to replace the buttons on my bean?

https://arcadeshock.com/collections/sanwa-denshi/products/street-fighter-iii-3rd-strike-sanwa-denshi-ball-tops

MJ

attachicon.gifSFIII3S_balltops-chart.jpg

attachicon.gifsfIII3rd_balltoppkg.jpg

attachicon.gifl_SFIII3SBTLABELEDAD.jpg

Sorry about the CDZ MJ. But maybe that link that I provided before can help you with that service for your unit. If not, try Jeff Kurtz. Maybe he could be assistance.

Those Joystick balls look really good. I'm sure that they will fit on your arcade stick MJ. Just a little weird for me to see Capcom characters on a SNK stick for me. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Anthony..

Yeah got my fingers crossed with Console Passion, Ive emailed and tweeted them so just waiting now they've recently posted on twitter so just gotta wait! :)

And yeah I here you with the whole Capcom characters on SNK stuff but as theres no KOF tops gunna have to have the next best thing! There cool drawings though and they'll be a good reminder of how, as much as I love Capcom, SNK will always be better! lol

MJ

• Like 1

And yeah I here you with the whole Capcom characters on SNK stuff but as theres no KOF tops gunna have to have the next best thing! There cool drawings though and they'll be a good reminder of how, as much as I love Capcom, SNK will always be better! lol

MJ

No argument here that's for sure MJ.

Anthony.. :)

Is you wish list for MVS or HomeCart?

And thats where I got the keychain from on eBay was only bout £8, my Mrs got it for me dunno how much shipping was but if its cheaper UK way can buy and send it to you if thats cheaper?

MJ

No one owns the thread, you're fine making suggestions especially since you're creative/active with it.

It's all MVS. I'll never buy or own a AES unless a cheap one fell into my hands, and then I'd get a NeoSD as I don't have a $1000 a game lying around or worse as AES is price wise asinine in multiple magnitudes over arcade versions.

And yeah that's what I saw 8GBP an the shipping almost doubled the price so I just didn't even bother. I figured someone in the US would come up with it eventually if I cared still.

fdurso--For me because I have a lonely orphaned mini marquee - Panic Bomber, but each time I find it, it's a jacked up copy and overpriced to boot. I also owned the game twice before both for JP PCECD and Virtual Boy both 15 years plus ago when the collection die off happened. Neo Bomberman is also up the list because I agree it's in the tops ever made along with NES Bomberman 2. I figure AOF and SS1 are like $15-20 games, whenever the mood strikes on those two and I do have a SS1 marquee too.

Hi guys,

1. Let's take a look at ESTHER's design sheet from METAL SLUG ATTACK now! #MSApic.twitter.com/9Z6F8opamF

DEqV5CvVwAAuvmz.jpg
  1. METAL SLUG ATTACK: 「エステル」のキャラクター設定資料を公開!#MSApic.twitter.com/1HzXmJ2fS3

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by Bing

METAL SLUG ATTACK: "Esther" character set article is published! #MSA

DEqVMXRVwAEOQMY.jpg

METAL SLUG ATTACK: Check out this gameplay video of the new unit "ESTHER"! #MSA

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Samuari Shodown V Special is coming to PS4 & PS Vita: http://play.st/2t7gy0v Revisit the SNK legend in its original formpic.twitter.com/wNwzBBw75A

DEntHtiU0AIoBdU.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Yeah got my fingers crossed with Console Passion, Ive emailed and tweeted them so just waiting now they've recently posted on twitter so just gotta wait! :)

MJ

Gotcha MJ. Its just feels strange to have a rival company with characters from a popular franchise being added on to your SNK accessory that's supposed to compete with you. Really weird for me. :ponder:

Anthony..

It's all MVS. I'll never buy or own a AES unless a cheap one fell into my hands,

Have you considered about the possibility of purchasing an AES unit that's in repairable condition Tanooki?

My AES units that I acquired were in that state and I have 3 that are in the works. For me personally, I scored big with the prices that they were and saved a good deal of money even after they were repaired on the ones that are finished recently. How's your past history on buying fixable units? If it was successful and would you go that route?

Also that pick above with Samurai Shodown V Special is the reason why I love Japanese artwork in general. SNK really saved the best for last in regards of illustration and would love to get an oversize poster of it. It looks just amazing. That and Magician Lord are like in my top 5 artworks from SNK.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

MJ

I really do doubt that it will be a new home cart. SNK has most likely gotten rid of the machines that made the boards and cases for the Neo Geo so a home cart would be insanely unlikely.

• Like 2