IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Tanooki - I could always buy and post if for you? Theres no way the postage from the UK to the States would be £16! Probably a couple of quid!

And yeah I agree with Ant you should maybe consider an AES. I use to own some of the really expensive games like Neo Turf Master, Mark Of The Wolves but came across hard times and like an idiot sold a lot of them (I got way under even half the price they are now) but my Mrs has just bought me a NeoSD so can enjoy the games but still collect at a steady pace when and if the original home versions come up!

Anthony - And Kind of agree Ant, but the majority of SNK fans are CAPCOM fans too, like myself there a fan of Japanese 2D games as a whole and as CAPCOM are regarded SNKs biggest rivals there an element of irony in having a StreetFighter character sitting a-top of your joystick. Well thats how Id look at it.

And defiantly Ant, the 5-Special artwork is a classic example of us in the west being stiffed with rubbish artwork for games covers. The Japanese covers are beautiful artworks in there own wright, and being a huge Anime fan I love it! The MegaMan/RockMan games are classic examples of terrible transition when it comes to box art.

post-61243-0-69433100-1500041990_thumb.png

Germany and France seem to get a slightly more 'Anime influenced cover', (if thats the correct terminology) better than the US and UK for sure but still someway to go!

Neo 64 - And your more than likely right, but we can all dream can't we! lol :)

MJ

• Like 1

We'll agree to disagree. I'm not a big fan of flash kits and still like to own much of what I get and the AES library for the most part is vastly more expensive than the arcade. While I'd enjoy having it run through my LCD TV and it would take up notably less room, it's just not for me. If I ever decided I didn't want the big red cabinet I'd get a consolized MVS for my TV.

• Like 1

Tanooki - I could always buy and post if for you? Theres no way the postage from the UK to the States would be £16! Probably a couple of quid!

And yeah I agree with Ant you should maybe consider an AES. I use to own some of the really expensive games like Neo Turf Master, Mark Of The Wolves but came across hard times and like an idiot sold a lot of them (I got way under even half the price they are now) but my Mrs has just bought me a NeoSD so can enjoy the games but still collect at a steady pace when and if the original home versions come up!

Anthony - And Kind of agree Ant, but the majority of SNK fans are CAPCOM fans too, like myself there a fan of Japanese 2D games as a whole and as CAPCOM are regarded SNKs biggest rivals there an element of irony in having a StreetFighter character sitting a-top of your joystick. Well thats how Id look at it.

And defiantly Ant, the 5-Special artwork is a classic example of us in the west being stiffed with rubbish artwork for games covers. The Japanese covers are beautiful artworks in there own wright, and being a huge Anime fan I love it! The MegaMan/RockMan games are classic examples of terrible transition when it comes to box art.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-07-14 at 15.15.39.png

Germany and France seem to get a slightly more 'Anime influenced cover', (if thats the correct terminology) better than the US and UK for sure but still someway to go!

Neo 64 - And your more than likely right, but we can all dream can't we! lol :)

MJ

WOW MJ, you had Neo Turf Masters and Mark of the Wolves. :-o Amazing. Were you the original owners of those games. That's awesome.

And you're right about the artwork. Very nice comparision of them. I would love to get myself that SSVS poster and hang that on the wall.

Anthony..

• Like 1

MJ

I really do doubt that it will be a new home cart. SNK has most likely gotten rid of the machines that made the boards and cases for the Neo Geo so a home cart would be insanely unlikely.

I personally would love to see a home cart version myself. But at the sametime have to be realistic. Much as I love Neo-Geo, its was one of the biggest contributors that bankrupt the original SNK. NGCD, HyperNG64, and NGPC were units that were hemorrhaging money with disappointing sales figures and it made it worse. Even though I like these units and have them in my collection, anything new regarding from them (even the home console) are a thing of the past. :(

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Back with fellow Atariage member Kidshoryuken (Jim) with another great Neo-Geo video for us to enjoy. Jim was kind to take my request on one of my favorite Neo-Geo titles. So let's see him in action playing Magician Lord for the NGCD. Enjoy. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Wait... Matt, you used to have the AES copies of Mark of the Wolves and even Neo Turf Master's??? Did you have the us or JP version, also how much did you get them for?

I had the Japanese copies of both mate I sold MOTW £500 thats what I was offered and stupidly as I got it for £340 on release I thought 'wow' Im getting more than I payed so let it go! And TurfMasters sold for £400! Totally regret it now! But this was in 2004-2005.

WOW MJ, you had Neo Turf Masters and Mark of the Wolves. :-o Amazing. Were you the original owners of those games. That's awesome.

And you're right about the artwork. Very nice comparision of them. I would love to get myself that SSVS poster and hang that on the wall.

Anthony..

Yeah some of the Japanese artwork is amazing I have a collection of awesome poster and flyers. Ive attached a few!

And in my collecting life Ive had a few of the rare Neo gems and let them go for silly money! Well at the time of there sale I felt it was a good deal but compared for what they go for now I was robbed! lol but my Mrs says there no point in kicking yourself over what ifs and she's right because there loads of time I sold things for stupid money! Classic examples, 3 of my mistakes, MagicalDrop2 Neo CD new sealed £9, RadidanrSilverGun Saturn used but with spine £40, Judgement SilverSword WonderSwan £80! Doh! 3 things I really kick myself over!

post-61243-0-39387600-1500071038_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-74586500-1500071073_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-54553300-1500071102_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-88550500-1500071133_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-27463300-1500071169_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-06616700-1500071205_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-75914700-1500071236_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-41928300-1500071267_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-43516000-1500071303_thumb.jpg

Sorry that these pics come up super big! Don't wanna piss people off jus trying to show them if people are interested but don't know how to make them small! :( MJ

• Like 1

We'll agree to disagree. I'm not a big fan of flash kits and still like to own much of what I get and the AES library for the most part is vastly more expensive than the arcade. While I'd enjoy having it run through my LCD TV and it would take up notably less room, it's just not for me. If I ever decided I didn't want the big red cabinet I'd get a consolized MVS for my TV.

I hear you mate, traditionally Im not a big fan of flash carts but with the HomeCart as stupid as it is right now (prices) theres no other way to enjoy the games. Of corse I could go MVS but Im a sucker for the AES releases, manuals, boxes, silly little flyers in the box. Three weeks ago I was seconds from pulling the trigger on the Analogue Interactive CMVS but I though the £1300 he wanted and then the cost of carts on top, some aren't a great deal cheaper than the AES counterparts, I thought well I already have an AES and CDZ I use so opted for the NeoSD. Just made sense for me. And I'll still be the official games but now I can wait for the right price games to turn up rather than thinking with my heart and just buying it straight away to play it regardless of cost!

MJ

• Like 1

Yeah some of the Japanese artwork is amazing I have a collection of awesome poster and flyers. Ive attached a few!

And in my collecting life Ive had a few of the rare Neo gems and let them go for silly money! Well at the time of there sale I felt it was a good deal but compared for what they go for now I was robbed! lol but my Mrs says there no point in kicking yourself over what ifs and she's right because there loads of time I sold things for stupid money! Classic examples, 3 of my mistakes, MagicalDrop2 Neo CD new sealed £9, RadidanrSilverGun Saturn used but with spine £40, Judgement SilverSword WonderSwan £80! Doh! 3 things I really kick myself over!

Sorry that these pics come up super big! Don't wanna piss people off jus trying to show them if people are interested but don't know how to make them small! :( MJ

Nice looking posters MJ. I have that Rage of the Dragons poster myself and glad you do to. Everything looks so neat and perfect looking. I would live to add some to my collection and have fun hanging them on my wall. :)

No need to dwell on Mark of the Wolves and Neo Turk Masters bro. I was in the same situation myself at one time and would be thinking too much of them again if I was ever to purchase them back during some of my difficult times. We move on and accomplish greater things in life afterwards. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

I hear you mate, traditionally I'm not a big fan of flash carts but with the HomeCart as stupid as it is right now (prices) theres no other way to enjoy the games. right price games to turn up rather than thinking with my heart and just buying it straight away to play it regardless of cost!

MJ

You can say that again MJ. :thumbsup:

Nothing like actually holding and playing a particular game in its true form. I'm a sucker for that myself and original hardware. Plus, when I play my Neo-Geo, it's on CRT units. My personal favorite even for watching sitcoms, sports, news, etc.

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. 【MSA お知らせ】 本日より7/19(水)までイベント開催中!ステージをクリアして、「ディープサンドマリン」や「サルビアII(P.M)」をGET! #MSA http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20170714_01f9ewj.html pic.twitter.com/wD9PYKnIRR

Translate from Japanese

DErFj_OVoAIgtRo.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

1. 【MSA 設定資料】 新ユニット「常夏ドラグノフ」のキャラクター設定資料を公開! #MSA https://www.facebook.com/SNK.METALSLUGWORLD/posts/1945644955721432 pic.twitter.com/cYG9PwLEYg

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

[MSA set article] new unit "tropical Dragunov" character set article published! https://www. facebook.com/SNK.METALSLUGWORLD/posts/1945644955721432 #ttps://t.co/xPemyGK1VA

DErHKh_UAAAITBr.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This morning were with Anthony Cassimiro. Ant here did something cool for the community for us to enjoy. So how about we listen to the evolution of the Neo-Geo boot up jingle through out the years shall we? :)

From the description,

These are all the Neo Geo jingles that have been used over the years"

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

Anthony...

Ahh, that exactly what I'm looking for Ant! An Anthracite/CarbonFibre Pocket Color, and the ones that have the 'italic Color' righting on the upper of the screen are the 'Slim' versions. I miss my Pockets :(

Is that like a NGPC version of a NeoSD?

• Like 1

Ahh, that exactly what I'm looking for Ant! An Anthracite/CarbonFibre Pocket Color, and the ones that have the 'italic Color' righting on the upper of the screen are the 'Slim' versions. I miss my Pockets :(

Is that like a NGPC version of a NeoSD?

Glad that the pics of the NGPC's are what you're mentioning MJ. They're in pretty good shape and worth looking into for sure..

Yes, the NGPC SD is like the NeoSD. If you would like to look into it more, here's the website to it. James is from the UK. He is the gentleman that developed it and he also did an Atari Lynx version and soon to be releasing an Atari Jaguar version as well.

http://www.retrohq.co.uk/

A thread of it also exist as well here on Atariage

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/261206-neogeo-pocket-colour-sd-cartridge/page-1

Here's a video regarding it in action.

Edited by fdurso224

Thats mega!

I read something about this. Didn't @Turfmasta buy/come across a folder full of SNK workers internal documents?

MJ

Yeah, he won on auction on Yahoo Japan for about 1,000 yen and hit paydirt. Cool stuff that he help add in the Neo-Geo book to make it more interesting.

Anthony..