IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Wow so roughly 30 US dollars for a full MVS cabinet with game

Is that cabinet missing a joy and i never heard of that game

Hey enoofu,

That's actually a photo booth that was available by SNK called "NeoPrint". They were modified Neo-Geo MVS cabinets and were available to take pictures.

Interesting piece and if Frazer can get it to work correctly, it would be awesome. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys.

PLdEj9co_bigger.jpgSNK GLOBALVerified account @SNKPofficial 4h4 hours ago
has been extended until July 31, 2018! Please apply if you are interested! #SNK #KOF https://goo.gl/xiX4zd pic.twitter.com/Ir1GHc2PLu
DFjEclUUAAAzqrp.jpg

【お知らせ】e-Sports Support Programのサポート期間を2018年7月31日まで延長いたしました!さらにアーケードタイトルもサポート対象に追加! ぜひご活用ください!#SNK #KOFXIV #KOF14 https://goo.gl/RW9dC3 pic.twitter.com/tRqCBnIA9y

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

[Announcement] e-Sports Support Program support period has been extended until 7/31/2018! Further add to the supported arcade titles! Please take advantage! #SNK #KOFXIV https://goo.gl/RW9dC3 #ttps://t.co/5rSxyN8BDV

DFjEGWPUAAAHY40.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【KOF XIVサマーセール】は7月26日(水)まで! 最大70%OFFのこの機会をお見逃しなく! #KOFXIV #KOF14 http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/kofxiv-summersale/ pic.twitter.com/39nYk6ec0l

Translate from Japanese

[KOF XIV summer: the 7/26 (Wednesday)! Don't miss this opportunity of up to 70% off! #KOFXIV http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/kofxiv-summersale/ #ttps://t.co/Ha4clgUS0B

DFgZ8Q4UwAAAnlV.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

シリーズ最高傑作!「真サムライスピリッツ」をNTTドコモ「スゴ得コンテンツ®」で提供開始!スゴ得会員なら無料でゲームがプレイ可能!今すぐSNKゲームセレクションにアクセス♪ #SNK #NEOGEO #サムスピpic.twitter.com/bVu9qAKuD1

Translate from Japanese

Masterpiece series! "Samurai shodown", NTT DoCoMo "itablet obtained content®", launched! Itablet get Member at the free games playable! Now access the SNK game selection ♪ #SNK #NEOGEO #サムスピ

DFjl3w-VwAA69m6.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA お知らせ】 7/25(火)までイベントクランクが開放!イベントクランクからは「正規軍」ユニットが出現します! #MSA http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20170724_01syb84.html pic.twitter.com/0qrtD4Uo5k

[MSA News: 7/25 open events crank up to (Tuesday)! Regular army units will emerge from the event crank! http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20170724_01syb84.html #ttps://t.co/6Bd56Uj4oP

DFe8OE3VYAANMTM.jpg

Anthony...

Anthony...

I agree Ant, getting a new generation in to the NeoGeo is great, and the increase in price for older games and hardware is a small 'price' to pay to ensure the future of SNK as a whole. I also think that mosts people won't get in to it as in buying the original consoles and games, I think they'll become familiar with the brand 'SNK' and want to buy the games they make for there 'PlayStations' and 'XBoxs' of corse they'll always be a few that will want to 'retro game' but most will stick to the current generation. Thats what I think anyway.

Can the SNK Photo cab be converted to play the MVS cart?

If so surely Frazers had a touch at 21 quid?

MJ

• Like 1

I agree Ant, getting a new generation in to the NeoGeo is great, and the increase in price for older games and hardware is a small 'price' to pay to ensure the future of SNK as a whole. I also think that mosts people won't get in to it as in buying the original consoles and games, I think they'll become familiar with the brand 'SNK' and want to buy the games they make for there 'PlayStations' and 'XBoxs' of corse they'll always be a few that will want to 'retro game' but most will stick to the current generation. Thats what I think anyway.

Can the SNK Photo cab be converted to play the MVS cart?

If so surely Frazers had a touch at 21 quid?

MJ

I hope the newer generation will be interested on getting original hardware MJ.

Personally. Its really the best way for me to play. Now of course I had to go a different route as a child with SNES and Mega Drive/Genesis ports at the time, but it was acceptable enough to enjoy. I started playing Neo-Geo at 7, and didn't acquire my first AES unit I was 22. So a big 15 year gap that made me find ways besides playing on the original format of an MVS in arcades.

But either way, I'm glad SNK is making progress on porting over to new generation consoles to stay fresh with their retro titles.

Now to answer your question, Yes. Those photo booths were I believe the Neo SC-19 unit (or Neo 19). So if Frazer wanted to, he can converted back to play MVS, I'm sure can if he has intentions to do so. :)

Here's some pics off Google on the unit and modified to Neo Print.

npcartv1.png

neoprint.jpg

print1.jpg

%2524%2528KGrHqYOKkIE4hZTFGkQBOKtdstUC%2

neoprint3.jpg

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

So do you have to add anything to it? Will you have to spend money to make it play games?

MJ

Looks like you would have to change the panels, get back the joysticks, buttons, etc. Frazer would have the best answers since he has this in his possession. Don't think the cart slot to put the game in would be affected because its using a MVS cart like that pic before hand MJ.

Anthony..

• Like 1

Doubt you can get a NeoPrint to play MVS games as it isn't Jamma or MVS compatible at all except that it uses a few MVS parts

Good to know enoofu. Thanks for point this out with this video.!

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Here's the tabletop version of the Neo Print. I personally never seen one before. But looks nice.

Check out this table top NeoPrint booth. I found this on Yahoo Japan auctions in 2002, didn't win it... #NeoGeo #SNKpic.twitter.com/RrLXUVZuvu

C5NTBqmVYAAgmR_.jpg
C5NTBqmUYAAMQzO.jpg
C5NTBqlVcAEM4PD.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Atariage member TurkVanGogh liked the NGPC I sent him with some games.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224