IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

◆3人1組チームバトル◆ 最短で最強を目指すならSmile STANDポイントを今のうちに貯めておく →リリースしたらKOFコイン交換 →速効キャラ育成がお勧め ↓お得な事前登録受付中↓ https://buff.ly/2j7i267 #SmileSTAND #KOFDyDopic.twitter.com/sLX4px5Far

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

◆ Threesome 1 team ◆ If you aim the strongest at least Smile STAND point to save now → KOF coin Exchange once released → recommend fast-acting character development ↓ special advance registration now open ↓ https://buff.ly/2j7i267 #SmileSTAND #KOFDyDo

DJkM1y1X0AUnSbX.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with Golden Age Gamer (Duncan) doing another fun MVS pickups and some other goodies video for the community. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Back again with what will probably be my last video for a while. Loads of pickups - new MVS carts, a JAMMA PCB, and some awesome arcade sticks from Turncades (http://www.turnarcades.com/). First attempt at some in-video gameplay as well."

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

HI everybody, I had great fun playing 'Puzzle bobble 2' aka 'Bust-a-Move again', please check out the video I made :)

Thank you Harold for stopping by and posting Puzzle Bobble 2 for us to enjoy. Glad the game is to your liking and always happy to have you aboard with us here on the Neo--Geo thread. :)

Anthony..

• Like 2

Growl is so insanely funny, especially when you start the game with rocket launchers; Just another lost gems that went to Taito's F2 platform

With Growl, I always use to compare the final tuxedo boss with Neo-Geo's original mascot, G-Mantle.

Both debuted in 1990, and Taito & SNK collaborated with each other.... I wonder if a connection was with them. enoofu.

Anthony..

HI everybody, I had great fun playing 'Puzzle bobble 2' aka 'Bust-a-Move again', please check out the video I made :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgCVaF9fA_M

When I got the 1st one for my CDZ, I don't think it left the console tray for about a month. LOVED it!

But I was a little unsure of the second one, I have it on my NeoSD and for me anyway, it didn't have the same 'magic' the first game did.

MJ

• Like 2

With Growl, I always use to compare the final tuxedo boss with Neo-Geo's original mascot, G-Mantle.

Both debuted in 1990, and Taito & SNK collaborated with each other.... I wonder if a connection was with them. enoofu.

Anthony..

Traditional Japanese Stage would have Demons and spirits wearing masks

Plus a few other companies like Sailor Moon's Tuxedo Mask was poplar around the same time, so difficult to say that they are connected.

Plus Gundam was getting popular around this time with the Western looking, Char Aznable as one of it's mascots.

• Like 1

Traditional Japanese Stage would have Demons and spirits wearing masks

Plus a few other companies like Sailor Moon's Tuxedo Mask was poplar around the same time, so difficult to say that they are connected.

Plus Gundam was getting popular around this time with the Western looking, Char Aznable as one of it's mascots.

Ah, good to know enoofu. Thank you for filling me in on it. :thumbsup:

Still always curious if a connection was with them after all these years though.

Anthony..

When I got the 1st one for my CDZ, I don't think it left the console tray for about a month. LOVED it!

But I was a little unsure of the second one, I have it on my NeoSD and for me anyway, it didn't have the same 'magic' the first game did.

MJ

The first Puzzle Bobble was very addictive for me Matty. I played it in the arcades till it closed. That version left an everlasting impression on me. :)

As for the follow up version, its was fun know doubt. But I spent less than half playing it. Fun of course, but not as impressionable as the first.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

The first Puzzle Bobble was very addictive for me Matty. I played it in the arcades till it closed. That version left an everlasting impression on me. :)

As for the follow up version, its was fun know doubt. But I spent less than half playing it. Fun of course, but not as impressionable as the first.

Anthony..

Couldn't agree more Ant I much preferred the first game! When I load the 2nd game up on my NeoSD I get no music until I get in to the play selection menu, if that makes sense?

As I said I was so impressed with the first game, also the NGPC version is fantastic!

And Paul showed me this earlier and what a bargain as far as Im concerned! £55 for a boxed as new CD Pad is awesome, I was thinking when he showed me 'if he doesn't buy it i will' lol

MJ

• Like 2

Hi Guys, so as many of you may have read yesterday my AES has slightly drunk branding on the front.

With that being said I am on the look out for a new AES top shell either from a junk system or if someone has a "system only" for sale on here. My only conditions are that the top shell must be clean with no scratches or fading.

Please contact me if anyone has one or finds one for sale - Thanks!

• Like 2

Just seen this has a slight scratch running from the "start" text to the "A" text... Thats what you get for looking at pictures on a iPhone I guess.. FML

• Like 2

Just seen this has a slight scratch running from the "start" text to the "A" text... Thats what you get for looking at pictures on a iPhone I guess.. FML

Still looks nice mate! And if your wanting to part with it, you no my number! lol

MJ

• Like 1

Hi Guys, so as many of you may have read yesterday my AES has slightly drunk branding on the front.

With that being said I am on the look out for a new AES top shell either from a junk system or if someone has a "system only" for sale on here. My only conditions are that the top shell must be clean with no scratches or fading.

I can't believe how common this problem is glancing at a few on eBay where you get to see the actual console for sale, quite a few of um have that 'on the pi** logo' I was saying to Ant yesterday how on earth did these ever get past QC!?

MJ

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more Ant I much preferred the first game! When I load the 2nd game up on my NeoSD I get no music until I get in to the play selection menu, if that makes sense?

As I said I was so impressed with the first game, also the NGPC version is fantastic!

Correct Matty. I do like this game a lot. But I believe it was the fact that Puzzle Bobble 1 was new and refreshing to me. Because of it. Its an all time favorite for the Neo-Geo.

Will be on the lookout Paul. If we see any, will let you know. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Say Paul,

I might have someone in mind that could be of assistence to you. Matty can vouch on this for sure.

His name is GadgetUK (Chris) he does plenty in the community in regards to a varity of console repairs. Me and Matty follow him on his channel and Chris is also a member here on Atariage. He might have what you're looking for since he deals with AES units all the time. Its a good possibility Chris has a good looking used shell for you to have without the concerns with the lettering.

Here is his links to Atariage and YouTube channel.

http://atariage.com/forums/user/32460-gadgetuk/

https://www.youtube.com/user/GadgetUK164/about

Hope this helps bro.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

Ah, good to know enoofu. Thank you for filling me in on it. :thumbsup:

Still always curious if a connection was with them after all these years though.

Anthony..

I double checked and apparently they look different, Growl's boss is wearing a actual Ring Master(ringleader) Hat with a Oni Mask just without the traditional red outer jacket color.

Also Sanjushi (The Three Musketeers) iron mask and probably a few other shows had the G-Mantle look before SNK usage

comparat1.jpg

• Like 1

I double checked and apparently they look different, Growl's boss is wearing a actual Ring Master(ringleader) Hat with a Oni Mask just without the traditional red outer jacket color.

Also Sanjushi (The Three Musketeers) iron mask and probably a few other shows had the G-Mantle look before SNK usage

Nice enoofu. Thank you for researching this for me. Amazing to see this pics of Sanjushi.

Glad to have you here on the thread helping us out. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony.