IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Thanks Anthony. I'm really excited to get it. It comes with one of the bean shaped joysticks, which I hear are nice. As far as games, it comes with Last Blade 2. I'm not sure what to get next. I'm thinking Savage Reign or FF Special. Can you recommend a <$50 non-fighting game? Come Christmas time I might pick up Viewpoint or Sonic Wings 2 or some other desirable one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Hey zeta,

You're welcome. We're glad that you're excited that you got yourself a NGCD unit. So many games to play for sure. :-D

Now as far as games that I can recommend that are non fighters, Sonic Wings 2 and Viewpoint are a good start. To help you continue with your lists, Here's a list of starter titles that I have in mind that happen to be $50+ dollars and under.

2020 Super Baseball

Football Frenzy

League Bowling

Power Spikes II

Rally Chase

Fire Suplex

Baseball Stars 2

JoyJoy Kid

Ninja Combat

Crossed Swords

Ghost Pilots

Puzzle Bobble

Last Resort

These games I personally have and searched to make sure it won't affect your budget.... I do have others in mind, but its about 70+ and more.....So will start from the foundation to the top at this point to get you in the right direction. :)

I would also recommend the NGCD controller as well zeta. To have the controller in your hand will be thought about at times for convenience purposes. Its around under $40 bucks used on Ebay. So that's no biggie. :)

Feel free to ask anymore inquires or concerns you have zeta. We're here to help. :)

Anthony..

• Like 2

Zetastrike - Hey Im chuffed to here you just bought a NeoCD! First of all Ive gotta ditto Ant and welcome you here, Im still new myself but you'll find everyone to be super helpful and If you any question, queries or need help or advice theres always someone here to help, there a friendly bunch, you won't find attitudes or egos here, I love it and Im sure you will!

As I said chuffed to here you've joined the NeoCD crew! ;) Im a HUGE fan of he CD as a whole! For a long time my top loader was me preferred way to enjoy Neo Games a lot of people don't like the load times, they are long theres no hiding that but its not something that ever bothered me! Ive a CDZ now and the load times on that are much shorter not quiet up to speed with my HomeCart but side by side there isn't masses of difference for sure. Ive recently, in the last few months had Razoolas Universe BIOS fitted to my CDZ and thats opened it wright up, its amazing, Id advise you getting that done at some point!

Theres so many great games on the CD and although the prices are heading north, right now theres no super insane prices like you'll find with the AES.

I adore my CDZ and the CD platform as a whole and as I said theres so many great games out there, I saw above you asking for 'non fighting' recommendations, is there a genre in particular you like? MJ

post-61243-0-15788700-1510048425_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-19706000-1510048450_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-80659800-1510048457_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-26716400-1510048473_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-33484400-1510048494_thumb.jpg

A bit messy but I'm still rearranging and setting my games room up!! :D

• Like 2

Hey zeta,

You're welcome. We're glad that you're excited that you got yourself a NGCD unit. So many games to play for sure. :-D

Now as far as games that I can recommend that are non fighters, Sonic Wings 2 and Viewpoint are a good start. To help you continue with your lists, Here's a list of starter titles that I have in mind that happen to be $50+ dollars and under.

2020 Super Baseball

Football Frenzy

League Bowling

Power Spikes II

Rally Chase

Fire Suplex

Baseball Stars 2

JoyJoy Kid

Ninja Combat

Crossed Swords

Ghost Pilots

Puzzle Bobble

Last Resort

These games I personally have and searched to make sure it won't affect your budget.... I do have others in mind, but its about 70+ and more.....So will start from the foundation to the top at this point to get you in the right direction. :)

I would also recommend the NGCD controller as well zeta. To have the controller in your hand will be thought about at times for convenience purposes. Its around under $40 bucks used on Ebay. So that's no biggie. :)

Feel free to ask anymore inquires or concerns you have zeta. We're here to help. :)

Anthony..

Some awesome recommendations there Ant! There all must have games for me, all but the BaseBall games, only because even 'arcady' BaseBall games Ive no idea what to do!! And Puzzle Bobble a CD exclusive is AMAZEING, a real triple AAA game! A real must have!

post-61243-0-97599100-1510050193_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-04220900-1510050205_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-91350800-1510050231_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-27624100-1510050241_thumb.jpg

My CDZ and CD collection and the majority of it was bought new off the shelve in Japan, so I'm the first and only user of them, including the console! :)

MJ

• Like 3

Hey, thanks for the welcome everyone. As far as genres go, I don't really care what the game is as long as it's fun to play. Right now, I think my plan is to head over to this great store in Greensboro, NC called Lost Ark Games that specializes in Japan imports. I know that I've seen NGCD games there before, but I couldn't read the Japanese on the spine and never asked to see them. I've gotten the bulk of my PCE CD collection there. I think checking them out is a good place to start. I'll splurge a little bit on ebay during Christmas time, I already have a list for that.

The prospect of long load times doesn't bother me. Seems like a real first-world problem. I've always loved collecting Japanese CD games for the Saturn, Mega CD, 3DO, and PCE. Something about shiny jewel cases and the artwork is great.

• Like 2

Zetastrike,

Yeah totally agree, My games collection is 90% Japanese imports, and my Neo collection is all Japanese apart from 3. The presentation, the box art, box style is so much better on the Japanese version.

The CD as I said is a fantastic platform and you won't go far wrong. The CD pad is fantastic and the CD stick known commonly as the Bean stick or Mk2stick is equally as great! The front loader is a sexy looking console too, mine dwarfs my CDZ! Like you the load times don't matter one bit to me, but do be prepared for long loads! Because the Saturn, MegaCD, 3DO have nothing on the Neo! lol Pulstar for example is 46 seconds just to boot!

Games wise theres so many absolutely fantastic games to be had, my list would defiantly start with:

PuzzelBobble a CD exclusive,

Samurai Spirits RPG, that too is a CD exclusive and although all the text is Japanese I printed out a walk through off GameFAQs and played it that way and still found it to be a fun, entertaining game!

MetalSlugs 1 and 2 speak for themselves, fantastic!

Pulstar, ViewPoint, Twinkel Star Sprits, CyberLip and AlphaMission2 all great shooter and must haves,

WindJammers a Vs based frisbe game (honestly its brilliant!)

and SuperSideKick3 the best arcade football/soccer game money can buy!

Also as I said on my other comments its defiantly worth having Razoolas Universe BIOS fitted blows the Neo open and great for all sorts of cool stuff!

So its nice your officially in the Neo CD owners club, I will say though you'll come across plenty off people telling you the CDs rubbish but don't listen, its brilliant and you'll love it! :)

Welcome abord!

MJ

• Like 1

Hey, thanks for the welcome everyone. As far as genres go, I don't really care what the game is as long as it's fun to play. Right now, I think my plan is to head over to this great store in Greensboro, NC called Lost Ark Games that specializes in Japan imports. I know that I've seen NGCD games there before, but I couldn't read the Japanese on the spine and never asked to see them. I've gotten the bulk of my PCE CD collection there. I think checking them out is a good place to start. I'll splurge a little bit on ebay during Christmas time, I already have a list for that.

The prospect of long load times doesn't bother me. Seems like a real first-world problem. I've always loved collecting Japanese CD games for the Saturn, Mega CD, 3DO, and PCE. Something about shiny jewel cases and the artwork is great.

You're welcome zeta. Glad to have you aboard. :thumbsup: :)

Sounds like a good plan that you have. I would go to local game stores to see what they to offer first. I did the same with my NGCD. I picked up KOF 99, Top Hunter, Viewpoint, and Magician Lord doing that too. I believe that the idea of splurging during the Christmas time rush will be to your advantage since I use to do very well with discounts from well known Ebay sellers giving discounts for the holidays. Made a killing doing that for a few years when I was looking to extend my Neo-Geo collection.

Overall, you're already off to a positive start and with the suggestions from us so far bro. Glad to see a new owner like yourself off playing and collecting for this awesome unit. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Some awesome recommendations there Ant! There all must have games for me, all but the BaseBall games, only because even 'arcady' BaseBall games Ive no idea what to do!! And Puzzle Bobble a CD exclusive is AMAZEING, a real triple AAA game! A real must have!

My CDZ and CD collection and the majority of it was bought new off the shelve in Japan, so I'm the first and only user of them, including the console! :)

MJ

Nice that you shared this collection of your NGCD goodies Matty. :thumbsup:

I really would like to add Metal Slug and Metal Slug 2 CD into my collection. Can't find one at a good price these days. But what caught my eye the most is your complete Art of Fighting 3 box set that you have. I really kept holding off on purchasing that one for years. Now I'm getting motivated to swoop that one up next. :-D

Anthony..

• Like 1

Start of my MVS collection! Lol. I got a very good deal on these (MVS Cart Only), bought the shockboxes and inserts from Southtown.

Awesome Darrien. Glad you're starting a MVS collection :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The boxes and games look great. Puzzle Bobble, AF2, KOF 99, & 02 are great starters for your collection. Did you get the boxes and inserts from Southtown's shop store?

Nice work as usual kind sir. :)

Anthony..

Awesome Darrien. Glad you're starting a MVS collection :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The boxes and games look great. Puzzle Bubble AF2, KOF 99, & 02 are great starters for your collection. Did you get the boxes and inserts from Southtown's shop store?

Nice work as usual kind sir. :)

Anthony..

Yes, Southtown

• Like 1

Im a huge fan of the CD as you no Ant. Ive had at least one AES system since the consoles launch. Ive bought other AES's and kept them for a while then sold them, but alway had at least one in my collection. AES games Ive always bought, played, then sold. Its only the last 5-10 years Ive started collecting AES carts and keeping them, where as the CD Ive bought the games new and kept them, very rarely have I sold them. Theres only a few games Ive picked up second-hand or sold on, nearly all of my games were bought brand new from launch, my collection is mint absolutely mint. The Art Of Fighting 3 boxset is defiantly worth picking up now because its starting to steadily rise in price and its not anywhere near as common as it once was, especially in complete, nice, mint condition!

A really, really good place for Neo CD games is videogameimports.com, Lee who runs it, is brilliant and his stuff is top notch (condition wise). I recently picked up SideKicks3 from him and the only prob, no spine card (normally no spine, no buy with me!) but the condition was like shop new, even had the original NeoGeo logo watermark top right of the CD jewel-case.

Absolutely amazing!

Start of my MVS collection! Lol. I got a very good deal on these (MVS Carts Only), bought the shockboxes and inserts from Southtown.

Thats mega Darrin9999 love the games! Is it just MVS games you collect?

MJ

• Like 1

DODbfJaX4AIdfRF.jpg

DODbfJlWAAEkI5g.jpg

SNK vs CAPCOM without doubt my favourite BeatUmUp ever!! I remember the press release video for the collaboration, two giant red movie theatre curtains draw back, the giant 'Capcom' logo fades in then fades out... a big 'Vs' does the same... and then a big SNK logo does the same again... when I first saw it I nearly p!55ed my pants... Just had this huge rush of total excitement, don't think I slept that night.

Was so gutted it was going to the NeoPocket first though, I really wanted it to hit the DreamCast first, I was desperate for it, but I shouldn't of worried because even now I Match of the Millennium on the NGPC is in my top 10 favourite games ever!!

I LOVE SvC-Caos on the AES, n-g.com had it new for 280 and pre-owned for 190 for well over a year maybe two, I never pulled the trigger, was always like 'tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow' and when I finally went to get it, it was gone! Gutted isn't the word!

• Like 2

Im a huge fan of the CD as you no Ant. Ive had at least one AES system since the consoles launch. Ive bought other AES's and kept them for a while then sold them, but alway had at least one in my collection. AES games Ive always bought, played, then sold. Its only the last 5-10 years Ive started collecting AES carts and keeping them, where as the CD Ive bought the games new and kept them, very rarely have I sold them. Theres only a few games Ive picked up second-hand or sold on, nearly all of my games were bought brand new from launch, my collection is mint absolutely mint. The Art Of Fighting 3 boxset is defiantly worth picking up now because its starting to steadily rise in price and its not anywhere near as common as it once was, especially in complete, nice, mint condition!

A really, really good place for Neo CD games is videogameimports.com, Lee who runs it, is brilliant and his stuff is top notch (condition wise). I recently picked up SideKicks3 from him and the only prob, no spine card (normally no spine, no buy with me!) but the condition was like shop new, even had the original NeoGeo logo watermark top right of the CD jewel-case.

Absolutely amazing!

Thats mega Darrin9999 love the games! Is it just MVS games you collect?

MJ

No Matty, I also have 20 AES Games

• Like 2

Hi guys,

u5SNkNmc_bigger.jpgボタンマッシャーズ @BUTTONMASHERSJP Nov 6

11月11日 KOFes2017のトーナメント表を公開しました! Group A-Dは12:00開始 Group E-Hは13:30開始 いずれも遅くとも30分前には会場にいらっしゃるようにお願いします。 http://challonge.com/ja/KOFes20172017 pic.twitter.com/x3PvcRmO9S

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by Bing

11/11 tournament table of the KOFes2017 has been released! 12:00 launches Group-d Group E-H will ask you 13:30 start either no later than 30 minutes ago the Hall visiting. http://challonge.com/ja/KOFes20172017

DN8M6wCUMAA9Ugf.jpg
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

【SECRET REPORT#053】 大自然と意思の疎通ができるアイヌモシリの巫女、ナコルル。森の木々に囲まれ朝日を浴びる姿は、どこか神聖さを感じさせますね。いつも一緒にいる鷹のママハハも気持ちよさそうに飛んで…ってあれ?何かおかしいような…? #キミヒロ #キミヒロSRpic.twitter.com/0QuBMsWQp7

Translate from Japanese

[#053 SECRET REPORT] Ainu mosir nature and willingness to communicate with Priestess, nakoruru. She is surrounded by trees in the forest, morning sun, where genuine feeling of Holiness. Flying Hawk are always together mamahira also good feeling. Is it? Something funny like. #キミヒロ #キミヒロSR

DOBXrclVQAA5EcZ.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【MSA 更新情報】 新規ユニット「シモン」を追加しました!11月13日(月)まで開放されるステップアップクランクから獲得できます! #MSA http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20171107_03uxzxt.html pic.twitter.com/yZhsdhdafY

Translate from Japanese

MSA update: added new unit "Simon"! You can earn from step up crank are freed from (Monday) 11/13! http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20171107_03uxzxt.html #ttps://t.co/GP0UHRUv8l

DOAi4TzVAAE9Moy.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【MSA 更新情報】 ミステリークランクを更新しました!「フラカン」が出現しやすくなるピックアップを実施中です! #MSA http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20171107_02nb23e.html pic.twitter.com/lHyMVxWT7h

Translate from Japanese

MSA update: updated the twilight crank! To pick up easy to appear "referees" are here! http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20171107_02nb23e.html #ttps://t.co/4tQ1uNFqss

DOAiwKoUEAAqzFK.jpg

Anthony..

• Like 1