IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I recently added a custom version of Hypervision to my hacked Xbox. Now in addition to everything else it can do, it's a slick Neo-Geo jukebox. Pretty sweet having all those titles at my fingertips.

Regarding the reviews from that UK magazine, I gotta agree with some of their assessments. Cyber Lip really was a sorry Contra clone, far below what we would get from SNK years later with Metal Slug. Top Player's Golf is also pretty shabby next to Neo Turf Masters. I guess the moral of the story is that SNK made a smart move buying Nazca.

• Like 1

I recently added a custom version of Hypervision to my hacked Xbox. Now in addition to everything else it can do, it's a slick Neo-Geo jukebox. Pretty sweet having all those titles at my fingertips.

Regarding the reviews from that UK magazine, I gotta agree with some of their assessments. Cyber Lip really was a sorry Contra clone, far below what we would get from SNK years later with Metal Slug. Top Player's Golf is also pretty shabby next to Neo Turf Masters. I guess the moral of the story is that SNK made a smart move buying Nazca.

Hey Jess,

Glad to see you back bro. :)

That's really cool that you added a Hyperspin to your Xbox. Do you have a YouTube channel by any chance? We need to see your pro gaming skills in action my man. :-D

But I totally agree. It really was a smart move for SNK on purchasing Narca. Otherwise SNK would've been in real trouble before the bankruptcy in 2001.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【キミヒロ×サムスピコラボ】 『君はヒーロー』×『サムライスピリッツ』コラボイベント開始!サムスピの人気キャラクターやステージ、BGmが登場するサムスピクエストをぜひプレイしてみてください! #サムスピ #キミヒロ https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/826 pic.twitter.com/UUNBuwz4rT

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

[Kimihiro × samsupicolabo] "Your hero" x "samurai shodown" collaboration event starts! The play appeared samsho of popular characters, stages, BGm same spikes to look at! #サムスピ https://www. snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/826 #ttps://t.co/9RIilAYS0a

DNc9UxVVoAE9yC5.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【キミヒロ×サムスピ】 「覇王丸」「ナコルル」「服部半蔵」「ガルフォード」がサムスピコラボガチャに登場! コラボガチャは1日1回無料!さらに10連ガチャは初回無料!この機会にサムスピキャラをゲットしてください!#サムスピ #キミヒロ https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/845 pic.twitter.com/kbEeSQcTsL

Translate from Japanese

[Kimihiro × samsho] Overlord Maru, nakoruru","buddy", and"Guilford"appeared in the samsupicolabogacha! Collabogacha the 1st one free! In addition to 10 consecutive Gazza's first free! Get your samsupikiara on this occasion! #サムスピ https://www. snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/845 #ttps://t.co/2SENiJzuJ4

DNc_vTGU8AAztOu.png

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】 本日のアプリアップデートから、ヒーロ画面の「アイテム」をタップで、所有しているアイテム一覧が確認できるようになりました!強化素材やスキル玉、英雄結晶などを確認することができます! #キミヒロpic.twitter.com/haylN1RgzG

Translate from Japanese

Vodafone k.k. today Android updates and then tap on the Hero screen items that you own the item list can now! You can review material, skill ball, hero Crystal! #キミヒロ

DNdAvnvUEAAAfCu.jpg

Anthony..

I really enjoyed this game and I didn't think I would. Love football (or soccer as the American say) but never liked FIFA or ISS the only football games Ive liked in my 30 years are SensibleSoftWears SensibleSoccer and SNKs SuperSideKick series. I went in to this not knowing what to expect but was pleasantly surprised, Its fun and entertaining and kept me going "Ooooh, 'tut' One more game!" for about 5 hours! Id never given the game much time until recently, It was just a 'cart for the collection' but after seeing a fair few people had enjoyed it, I thought Id give it a "proper go" and Im glad I did! Brilliant review, one quick question though are you playing it on Cart+HardWear/CD+HardWare or MAME? MJ

This was recorded on MAMEUI64, version 189 I believe.

• Like 2

I know that other games besides Neo Geo are featured in this video and that what I think is uncommon is probably well known by the Neo Geo community, actually, not probably but definitely well known but here it is, Retro Core 5 - Volume 21 - More 1 on 1 fighters you've probably never played.

• Like 1

Frazers collection makes me green with envoy! Weave no choice but kidnap him and ask his wife for a ransom paid in full by way of Cart games! Its our only choice! lol

Those huge posters of official cart cover artwork are so cool! I use to get those as a pre-order gift from CEX in London when Id put my name down, pay and collect new releases.

uIrFl3L3_bigger.jpg

Ive seen this quite a bit lately, people paying big money for the boxes, empty boxes that SNK use to ship there games in, its crazy!

This was recorded on MAMEUI64, version 189 I believe.

Is that how you mainly experience NeoGeo games on MVS multi carts?

How do you feel the games play on the multis? What set up do you have mate? Sorry for all the questions Im just inquisitive! :)

MJ

• Like 2

Is that how you mainly experience NeoGeo games on MVS multi carts?

How do you feel the games play on the multis? What set up do you have mate? Sorry for all the questions Im just inquisitive! :)

MJ

I do have a NEO GEO MVS cabinet but it needs to be fixed. There are about 18 games for it. For the most part I love NEO GEO games, but there are a few stinkers.

All my NEO GEO videos are run on MAMEUI189 and work just great. I believe the difficulty on all of them are default difficulty (4); some arcade operators no doubt have changed the settings to harder/easier back in the day; World Heroes always seemed like it was set to 1 (way too easy!). I record video within it by way of File/Play And Record As Uncompressed AVI File tabs. I then have to compress with the File Factory program otherwise the video will be several gigabytes in size!

A bit of a Bubble Bobble clone on the Neo Geo.

I love NITD, Its an amazing game! Personally I feel it plays more like Rainbow Island than Bubble Bobble also NITD doesn't get the love I feel it should, would of LOVED a proper home cart release!

Still jealous Matty. = ) Mostly of getting Battlesphere for a good price, that's the gem of most people's Jag collections. Still aiming to get one myself. = )

Haha, I knew it was quiet sought after but after a couple of days milling about Jaguar info etc I get now how much people really want it! Its a good game plays well but not total sure its as amazing as people think. It certainly shows what the Jag could do when developers utilise the Tom and Jerry chipset! Im wanting FlashBack right now, use to love that game on my Amiga!

I do have a NEO GEO MVS cabinet but it needs to be fixed. There are about 18 games for it. For the most part I love NEO GEO games, but there are a few stinkers.

All my NEO GEO videos are run on MAMEUI189 and work just great. I believe the difficulty on all of them are default difficulty (4); some arcade operators no doubt have changed the settings to harder/easier back in the day; World Heroes always seemed like it was set to 1 (way too easy!). I record video within it by way of File/Play And Record As Uncompressed AVI File tabs. I then have to compress with the File Factory program otherwise the video will be several gigabytes in size!

Playing Neos via MAME? We need to get your MVS cab sorted ASAP! :)

MJ

• Like 1

I know that other games besides Neo Geo are featured in this video and that what I think is uncommon is probably well known by the Neo Geo community, actually, not probably but definitely well known but here it is, Retro Core 5 - Volume 21 - More 1 on 1 fighters you've probably never played.

Hey Mark,

Thank you for sharing this video with us my good man. Its fine that non-Neo-Geo titles were mention. But we agree that Savage Reign and Voltage Fighter are ignored too much in the fighting game genre. :)

Nice work as always bro. :thumbsup:

Anthony..

A bit of a Bubble Bobble clone on the Neo Geo.

Hi Colin,

Nice gameplay and review with Nightmare in the Dark. I always felt its the perfect Neo-Geo game to play on Halloween. Glad you shared it with us. We like this game so much, its horrifying . :-D

Well done as always kind sir. Thank you for dropping by. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. Heroines' "Haphazard Odyssey" begins. SIDE STORY: Mechaxana Strikes Back act.2 #KOF14 #KOFXIVpic.twitter.com/jb4cZQXO15

DNlx4b6VoAAC5C3.jpg
  1. ヒロインたちの"なりゆき大冒険"が始まる! かたてまマンガ「なりゆきクエスト」:メカザナドゥの逆襲 act.2を掲載!#KOF14 #KOFXIV http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/narique/manga/page_extra.php pic.twitter.com/Ru2itxLZAz

Translate from Japanese

Heroines becoming big adventure begins! Katatema manga done quest: mekazanadu Counterstrike act.2 on! #KOF14 http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/narique/manga/page_extra.php #ttps://t.co/D6saKh4p3u

DNlxhZ8UQAAnNXW.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】 サムスピクエストで手に入る「小判」は、「イベントショップ」で「黒子」の英雄結晶やダイヤ、スタミナウォーター、経験値アップアイテムなどと交換できます!ぜひこの機会にお得なアイテムをGETしてください! #キミヒロ https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/826 pic.twitter.com/7jmDglS2Xu

Translate from Japanese

[Notice] "pearls" in the same spikes to get the event shop "Kuroko" hero Crystal, diamond and stamina water and experience the value-up items can be exchanged! Take a look at GET the special items on this occasion! https://www. snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/826 #ttps://t.co/9RIilBgtoK

DNmI3fkX0AAz3Ei.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【MSA 設定資料】 新ユニット「CLONE BETTY」のキャラクター設定資料を公開中! #MSA https://www.facebook.com/SNK.METALSLUGWORLD/posts/1995214017431192 pic.twitter.com/5zwhMygECf

Translate from Japanese

Materials [MSA] in new unit "CLONE BETTY" character set article published! https://www. facebook.com/SNK.METALSLUGWORLD/posts/1995214017431192 #ttps://t.co/WKzuSilvq9

DNhhpFXUIAA77PH.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【MSA お知らせ】 本日より11月6日(月)までイベント開催中!ステージをクリアして、「プロトタイプ・アイアン II」や「アマデウスパラシュート兵」をGET! #MSA http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20171101_01yefz7.html pic.twitter.com/XbErSnZ2ID

Translate from Japanese

[MSA announced today from 11/6 to (Monday) throughout the event! Clears the stage, "prototype, iron II" and "Amadeus parachute troops" GET it! http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20171101_01yefz7.html #ttps://t.co/ymYMFzTPsr

DNhfem_UMAIIxT5.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

THE KING OF FIGHTERS: DESTINY – Episode 14

14. FATAL FURY

Terry and Angelina try to escape from Geese Tower. However, when they arrive on the top floor, Terry's sworn enemy, Geese, stands in their way. In order to take revenge for his father and save Angelina, Terry's Fatal Fury begins!

14. FATAL FURY
ギース・タワーからの脱出を試みるテリー・ボガードとアンジェリナ。しかし最上階にたどり着いた二人を待っていたのは宿敵ギース・ハワードであった。ジェフの仇を討つため、そしてアンジェリナを救うため、テリーの宿命の戦いが始まる!

©SNK CORPORATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

THE KING OF FIGHTERS: DESTINY – Episode 14

14. FATAL FURY

Terry and Angelina try to escape from Geese Tower. However, when they arrive on the top floor, Terry's sworn enemy, Geese, stands in their way. In order to take revenge for his father and save Angelina, Terry's Fatal Fury begins!

14. FATAL FURY

ギース・タワーからの脱出を試みるテリー・ボガードとアンジェリナ。しかし最上階にたどり着いた二人を待っていたのは宿敵ギース・ハワードであった。ジェフの仇を討つため、そしてアンジェリナを救うため、テリーの宿命の戦いが始まる!

©SNK CORPORATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Anthony..

I need to sit down and watch these episodes! Looks Awesome..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

ART OF FIGHTING The Definitive Soundtrack Available on Vinyl and CD
By Jonathan Balofsky On 2 Nov, 2017 At 09:05 AM | Categorized As Otaku Music, ROG News | With 0 Comments

art-of-fighting-vinyl.jpg?resize=433%2C4

Brave Wave Productions is pleased to present
ART OF FIGHTING The Definitive Soundtrack
in limited edition CD and vinyl formats. The release is the latest entry in Brave Wave’s industry-recognized Generation Series, which has seen the releases of the soundtracks to
Street Fighter II
Shovel Knight
, and the
Ninja Gaiden
series.
marks the beginning of a new partnership with SNK to restore and release classic soundtracks from the SNK NEOGEO catalog, which will include the
ART OF FIGHTING 2
and
THE PATH OF THE WARRIOR: ART OF FIGHTING 3
soundtracks among others. As always, the collection will include artwork pulled from SNKs digital archives as well as feature interviews with the sound creators.
can be pre-ordered now with expected shipments to begin in December 2017:

In addition to
, Brave Wave is also thrilled to make available the follow up to their
SHOVEL KNIGHT The Definitive Soundtrack
release with SHOVEL KNIGHT – PLAGUE OF SHADOWS The Definitive Soundtrack featuring music by Jake “virt” Kaufman as well as the compilation soundtrack to the action-adventure stealth game,
RÉPUBLIQUE
, with
RÉPUBLIQUE ANNIVERSARY EDITION
featuring music by Zinc LeMone.

This is great for Neo Geo fans, and fans of all kinds. The Art of Fighting games had some truly amazing music and this album will be a great way to highlight the underappreciated sounds from the games. Will you be checking this out?

Source: PR Email

Anthony...