IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hey folks. Another NEO GEO review; this is SAVAGE REIGN. I love the presentation of this game and the characters. The novelty of being able to jump into and interact with the background is also kind of interesting. There's just so many moves involving said background to remember that it's a bit much to process, but it's still well worth tinkering with in this cool vs. fighting game.

Hey Russ,

Thank you for posting another finally detailed Neo-Geo gameplay and review regarding Savage Reign. Truely and underrated title for the units and really would've liked SNK to continued with a series of it.

But as always, excellent work my good man. We look forward on seeing more from you Russ. :)

Anthony...

From You-tuber Aloha Trav, You know Geese is badass when he steals the thunder from Trunks of DBZ

Just sad their hasn't been a Fatal Fury game for 13 years now, since that is the main Universe King of Fighter tournament game

Hahaha. I remember seeing this over the summertime and thought that the crowd was so enthusiastic on seeing Geese enoofu. Glad to see that Geese was a crowd pleaser, and not even pretty boy Trunks had the spectators reaction like the South Town resident had on them. :-D

Thank you for showing this with us. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hey guys, my review of Fatal Fury is coming out either tomorrow or Friday! Here's a work-in-progress thumbnail. If you guys like it enough, I'll keep it :)

Ooooh, we can't wait to see it Dallas. The suspense is really getting to us. :-D

Will be ready to see it for sure my man. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

If it's even later, it's because I've done some live action fighting for the credits. I'm filming that tonight and I might add special effects (power wave!)

Sounds good Dallas. The more content, the better. No need to rush. When it's ready, will be ready as well. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Sounds good Dallas. The more content, the better. No need to rush. When it's ready, will be ready as well. :)

Anthony..

It's been filmed! The live action is so cringey that it's just awesome! I will try to add the special effects in like power wave and burning knuckle, but even if I don't, it still looks great (I'll be adding the voice samples though).
  • Like 1

It's been filmed! The live action is so cringey that it's just awesome! I will try to add the special effects in like power wave and burning knuckle, but even if I don't, it still looks great (I'll be adding the voice samples though).

Oh man, this will be awesome no doubt. We can't wait to see it Dallas. The floor is your bro. :thumbsup: :-D

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. PS4/Xbox One「アケアカNEOGEO ショックトルーパーズ」の配信がスタートしました!本作は1997年にSNKから発売されたアクションゲームです。通常攻撃の他、より強力な火炎攻撃やビーム攻撃などの必殺技が用意されており、これらを駆使して敵と戦います。ぜひお楽しみください! http://hamster.co.jp/arcadearchives/shocktroopers.htm pic.twitter.com/5x3Jgbtu1Q

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by Bing

Delivery of a PS4/Xbox One, "ACEA CA NEOGEO shock troopers" has started! This is action games from the SNK was released in 1997. Provides special moves, such as a beam or a powerful fire attack usually other attacks, utilizing these enemies to fight. Take a look at and enjoy! http://hamster.co.jp/arcadearchives/shocktroopers.htm

DUW1lPBUQAAGvsj.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. Nintendo Switch「アケアカNEOGEO ワールドヒーローズ2」の配信がスタートしました!「ワールドヒーローズ2」は1993年にSNKより発売された格闘ゲームです。ハンゾウ、ジャンヌなど、歴史上の英雄をモチーフとした14名が戦いを繰り広げます。ぜひお楽しみください! http://hamster.co.jp/arcadearchives/switch/worldheroes2.htm pic.twitter.com/6VoOzh4nZU

Translate from Japanese

Delivery of Nintendo Switch ACEA CA NEOGEO world Heroes 2 has just started. World Heroes 2 is a fighting game SNK was released in 1993. 14 names and motifs of historical heroes such as Hanson, Joan battle it out. Take a look at and enjoy! http://hamster.co.jp/arcadearchives/switch/worldheroes2.htm

DUW3e_RUQAE83wp.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

1. ◆コラボinfo◆ SNKエンタテインメントの公式サイトを更新しましたっ・:*+.(( °ω° ))/.:+ 豪華エフェクトで爽快かつダイナミックなバトルシーンが必見2728.png 本格アクションRPG「HIT」とコラボしちゃいました((o≧▽≦o))2728.png 是非是非チェックしてねっ1f601.png2728.png#SNK #KOF #nexon_hit https://www.snk-entertainment.com pic.twitter.com/qdzrc1Zwxw

Translate from Japanese

◆ Collaboration with info ◆ SNK entertainment official site was updated! ・:*+.((ω ° ))/.:+ gorgeous effect exhilarating and dynamic battle scene not to be missed tinture collaborated with a full-fledged action RPG "HIT" (( o ≧▽≦ o) ) Please check it out #SNK #KOF https://www. snk-entertainment.com #ttps://t.co/myIoczUyVg

DUXN9q8UQAA0enZ.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. In celebration of the very first EVO Japan, and SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL's sidetournament this Fri. (JST), we're pleased to announce that SNK will be releasing free PS4 and Vita Themes for you to download on SIE's PS Stores shortly!Please keep an eye out for them this Fri. (PST)pic.twitter.com/ieyv3TIzAc

DUWUdpWU0AAbSTC.jpg
    DUWUdpXVwAAMGIS.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Always wonder what was SNK reaction to the FM Towns Gaming PC's by Fujitsu (the first PC's with Arcade quality ports for the Home),

Plus the Marty the Home console version that came out in early 93 with 32 bit graphics and was CD based, somewhat of a rival to the Neo Geo CD

Quite a few MVS titles were ported by Ving

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 2

Brilliant review! Thanks Ant for pointing this out to me! Cant really disagree with anything said in it either!

As said the later instalments to the KOF franchise were superior but 94 is still a brilliant game, personally 94 was the game that really 'did it' for me, its was also the time that I really got in to using just 4 buttons in a fighter as opposed to Capcoms 6 button set up. The animation, drawings and backgrounds in 94 and 95 flicked the switch that really got my SNK obsession going!

Out of all the KOF games its 99 on the Dreamcast I first think of when people mention and talk about the franchise the 'sudo' 3D backgrounds were outstanding, the airport especially sticks in mind.

Great review!

MJ

• Like 1

Hey folks. Another NEO GEO review; this is SAVAGE REIGN. I love the presentation of this game and the characters. The novelty of being able to jump into and interact with the background is also kind of interesting. There's just so many moves involving said background to remember that it's a bit much to process, but it's still well worth tinkering with in this cool vs. fighting game.

I only recently discovered this game. I love the gameplay, almost felt it was ahead of its time. Hilarious game to pick up and play with friends!

• Like 1