IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Yeah Pauls big in to the early KOF games I think 94 and 97 are his 'top choice' if I remember rightly.

I enjoy all the KOFs really but the one that really sticks in my mind is 99 and as I said, for two reasons really, the internal excitement I had when I was waiting for my copy of 99 on NeoCD to arrive was too much, I was ready to explode!

I was super excited and equally absolutely gutted, In NeoGeoFreak - 99 looked incredible, Id purposely not played it in the arcade or my mates HomeCart, I just didn't want to spoil it and I was absolutely gutted knowing it was going to be the last CD game!

99 on DreamCast had amazing pre rendered sudo 3D backgrounds, the airport level is the one that really sticks in my mind,

Whats you favourite KOF Ant?

MJ

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with maintenance and repair videos for those that like to fix their Neo-Geo units with their own to hands.

So this morning, were with Emmett Turner that recently purchase a fixable console, and brought it back to playable condition with additional upgrade to have some kick to it. Enjoy. :)

From the secription,

"I ordered a junk AES from Japan expecting issues. The seller described it as "not powering on" but that's not what I discovered. Follow along with me as I try to get this thing going!

Thanks to GadgetUK, HeavyMachineGun, and sr20det510 from Neo-Geo.com forums for their advice, encouragement, and inspiration."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn4lyZHsSTE

Anthony...

Thanks. Just a week or so later I actually had an updated video with the jailbar fix, actual LM2575 replacement, and more on the Neo-Geo X Gold to Neo-Geo joystick mods but my phone glitched and I can’t export it. Something between iCloud previously managing my storage and iMovie for iOS. It plays like new though and the collection expanded quickly (six carts).

I finally got back to my old NeoGeo MVS boards and got the “broken” MVS MV-1FZ going as well (bad system ROM/BIOS). Didn’t make much of s video though:

https://youtu.be/f0QmL4jlKzE

• Like 1

Thanks. Just a week or so later I actually had an updated video with the jailbar fix, actual LM2575 replacement, and more on the Neo-Geo X Gold to Neo-Geo joystick mods but my phone glitched and I can’t export it. Something between iCloud previously managing my storage and iMovie for iOS. It plays like new though and the collection expanded quickly (six carts).

I finally got back to my old NeoGeo MVS boards and got the “broken” MVS MV-1FZ going as well (bad system ROM/BIOS). Didn’t make much of s video though:

Hey Emmett,

Nice to know you're on Atariage.com and welcome aboard to the Neo-Geo thread. :waving:

Happy that you like to repair Neo-Geo units and I've been lookin around your channel. Amazing content you have on your channel. I was looking at your MV-1FZ unit like night, but when I saw your AES unit, I figured let me post that one first because that one looked like it was more of a concern. But of course, glad that its back and running again bro. Well done. :thumbsup:

I'll gladly post more of your videos on here if you like me to for additional exposure. Great to know that your a technician on Neo-Geo units and could recommend you to the list of those that I can forward if they need assistance with their consoles. :)

Thank you again Emmett. Keep up the great work. :)

Anthony..

Im SO excited with all this! Can not wait for KBusters! Fast Strike? Is that an older game by NGDevTeam Ant?

MJ

Hey Matty,

Yes, Fast Striker is an older title of NGDT, it came out for the AES/MVS a few years ago. Has a great soundtrack and amazing meg count. Its the highest with Razion. :)

Anthony...

Yeah Pauls big in to the early KOF games I think 94 and 97 are his 'top choice' if I remember rightly.

I enjoy all the KOFs really but the one that really sticks in my mind is 99 and as I said, for two reasons really, the internal excitement I had when I was waiting for my copy of 99 on NeoCD to arrive was too much, I was ready to explode!

I was super excited and equally absolutely gutted, In NeoGeoFreak - 99 looked incredible, Id purposely not played it in the arcade or my mates HomeCart, I just didn't want to spoil it and I was absolutely gutted knowing it was going to be the last CD game!

99 on DreamCast had amazing pre rendered sudo 3D backgrounds, the airport level is the one that really sticks in my mind,

MJ

KOF '98 is my favorite by far Matty. But 99 is a close second for me as well. In fact, the first KOF that I ever owned was 99 on the NGCD.

Yeah, Paul was telling me the 94 has a special place in his heart for that one. A video of it should be up soon. I forward him to Project COE's video (Jarrod) on here so he can have a look. :)

Anthony...

Hey Emmett,

Nice to know you're on Atariage.com and welcome aboard to the Neo-Geo thread. :waving:

Happy that you like to repair Neo-Geo units and I've been lookin around your channel. Amazing content you have on your channel. I was looking at your MV-1FZ unit like night, but when I saw your AES unit, I figured let me post that one first because that one looked like it was more of a concern. But of course, glad that its back and running again bro. Well done. :thumbsup:

I'll gladly post more of your videos on here if you like me to for additional exposure. Great to know that your a technician on Neo-Geo units and could recommend you to the list of those that I can forward if they need assistance with their consoles. :)

Thank you again Emmett. Keep up the great work. :)

Anthony..

Thanks! I don’t really cultivate and maintain it like a channel (no regular updates) and I usually just dump quick things I want to share there (better than a free file host for video content) but I will be adding some channel-like content if I can get a workflow going. Look for a video about other devices with “proprietary” Atari 7800 power connectors and a GBA SP shell swap! I might make something about the less-frequently addressed Atari 5200 controller issues and more. As far as Neo-Geo related stuff goes, I hope to have a DarkSoft Multi soon and I’ll be making a Neo Diagnostics cart out of some original game carts soon.

Yeah, the Neo-Geo MVS MV-1FZ didn’t make for much of a video because I stumbled on the fix too easily but I’ll probably reverse the fix and go through the process the long way when I get around to making a proper video about it. I’ll ignore that I already know what’s wrong and erase one of my EEPROMs to document the troubleshooting and repair with a Neo Diagnostics ROM... assuming I can find my long-missing UV eraser (or find a better one for cheap). Too late to document the original NeoDiagROM I already made and didn’t get to use here! I can probably touch on the consolization process a bit too.

Might share some crafty/Maker-type stuff for fellow gamers if I can get a few other projects off the ground. You know, stuff you can do with a 3D printer or Cricut die cutting machine. I don’t want to say too much in case someone steals the idea and tries to beat me to it but I think you guys will like it!

I’m still learning when it comes to NG repair work (much more familiar with NES, SNES, N64, etc) but I’d be glad to offer assistance if anyone needs it. I’ve traditionally just done my own stuff but I started doing Hi-Def NES and UltraHDMI for others within the last year and I’m open to most similar kinds of work. I’ll be sure to share anything Neo-Geo-related that comes my way!

Other stuff I’m working on that you might see showing up: Playable copies of unreleased NES prototypes, a replica of a gaming-related movie prop, a stand for certain unwieldy gaming accessories, and more.

Oh: It’s also a two-man operation with my twin brother so if you ever hear me say “we,” I’m including him. ;) Of course, he’s also a classic game and tech enthusiast. Goes by Ichinisan/jevansturner. He recently registered WeStillPlay.com so you might see us surface there soon!

• Like 1

Thanks! I don’t really cultivate and maintain it like a channel (no regular updates) and I usually just dump quick things I want to share there (better than a free file host for video content) but I will be adding some channel-like content if I can get a workflow going. Look for a video about other devices with “proprietary” Atari 7800 power connectors and a GBA SP shell swap! I might make something about the less-frequently addressed Atari 5200 controller issues and more. As far as Neo-Geo related stuff goes, I hope to have a DarkSoft Multi soon and I’ll be making a Neo Diagnostics cart out of some original game carts soon.

Yeah, the Neo-Geo MVS MV-1FZ didn’t make for much of a video because I stumbled on the fix too easily but I’ll probably reverse the fix and go through the process the long way when I get around to making a proper video about it. I’ll ignore that I already know what’s wrong and erase one of my EEPROMs to document the troubleshooting and repair with a Neo Diagnostics ROM... assuming I can find my long-missing UV eraser (or find a better one for cheap). Too late to document the original NeoDiagROM I already made and didn’t get to use here! I can probably touch on the consolization process a bit too.

Might share some crafty/Maker-type stuff for fellow gamers if I can get a few other projects off the ground. You know, stuff you can do with a 3D printer or Cricut die cutting machine. I don’t want to say too much in case someone steals the idea and tries to beat me to it but I think you guys will like it!

I’m still learning when it comes to NG repair work (much more familiar with NES, SNES, N64, etc) but I’d be glad to offer assistance if anyone needs it. I’ve traditionally just done my own stuff but I started doing Hi-Def NES and UltraHDMI for others within the last year and I’m open to most similar kinds of work. I’ll be sure to share anything Neo-Geo-related that comes my way!

Other stuff I’m working on that you might see showing up: Playable copies of unreleased NES prototypes, a replica of a gaming-related movie prop, a stand for certain unwieldy gaming accessories, and more.

Oh: It’s also a two-man operation with my twin brother so if you ever hear me say “we,” I’m including him. ;) Of course, he’s also a classic game and tech enthusiast. Goes by Ichinisan/jevansturner. He recently registered WeStillPlay.com so you might see us surface there soon!

Hey Emmett,

Nice informative posting you made sharing a little about yourself. Awesome to know that you like to continue your studies with Neo-Geo and GadgetUK (Chris) is there to give a helping hand. Good man he is. :)

Maybe in the future, you can work on one of my AES units as a process of learning to help you gain experience on. I have quite a few that are in the need or in process of getting repaired. But if course, I can let you have a chance to work on one if you like. :)

Ah, so you're more familiar with the NES Super NES, and N64. Even better.... :-D Since those are some of my favorite consoles growing up. I can forward those to your Atariage profile or YouTube channel as well. SInce I admire those that are knowledge in the technical field, I enjoy giving additional exposure with their service to continue on with their capabilities and contributing to the community.

Good to know you have a twin. :thumbsup: Double the intelligence, and faster the work that can be completed. :-D

Thank you for stopping by Emmett, come by at anytime and post away as much as you like involving the Neo-Geo and SNK will be always glad to see you. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with fellow Atariage member Project COE (Jarrod) doing what he does best. Here's King of Fighters '94. Enjoy. :)

Anthony..

Thanks for sharing this here Ant, its always cool to see others opinions :thumbsup:

Hey Matty,

Glad to see you back on with us. Hope you're feeling better. Glad you liked Jarrod's King of Fighters '94 review. I asked paul to come by and se it for himself since this game brings him fond memories. But I enjoy this early title as well. Personally KOF '98 is my favorite and the vast majority would agree. But 94 does have plenty to offer and glad the new generation for gamers are getting involved with this fantastic title as well.

Ah, so your a KOF '99 and on Dreamcast huh? :-D I got to look up a video for you now so you can see it. :)

Anthony..

You're correct Ant, the rotating invitation always reminds me of being a young teenager watching the attraction mode whilst on holiday some where in Spain.

MJ

My top choices are probably 94 due to introducing me to the franchise and then it has to be 97 & 99 for me.

Hopefully il have the unboxing for 94 soon Ant, having a slight delay at the moment after my Son threw my iPhone in the bath :-o

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing this here Ant, its always cool to see others opinions :thumbsup:

You're correct Ant, the rotating invitation always reminds me of being a young teenager watching the attraction mode whilst on holiday some where in Spain.

Glad to have you with commenting on the video Paul . Glad that Project COE video is to your liking. More will follow with the others in the series soon. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. EVOJAPANの疲れをいやすためにスーパー銭湯に来たコロッサス達だったが… 俺たちはSNKから逃げることはできないのか…pic.twitter.com/heMdwPfP1Q

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by Bing

Was a colossus who came to Super bath after a tiring day of EVOJAPAN but... We cannot run away from the SNK?

DUly5ClVQAEaVbM.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. 「KOF XIV」部門優勝はZJZ選手! ルーザーズに落ちることなく無敗でEVO Japan覇者の栄冠を手にしました!http://www.4gamer.net/games/397/G039789/20180127001/ #evojapan2018pic.twitter.com/sAA8cpcEFg

Translate from Japanese

Winner of the KOF XIV ZJZ players! You have to hand EVO Japan Champion crowned undefeated without falling into the losers! http://www. 4gamer.net/games/397/G039789/20180127001/ #evojapan2018

DUhgIMUU0AAt7dx.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. [EVO Japan]KOF XIV大会の優勝は台湾のZJZ選手!おめでとうございます。 #KOF #evojapan2018pic.twitter.com/ZbNMq08WJt

Translate from Japanese

[EVO Japan] KOF XIV Championship winner's Taiwan ZJZ players! Congratulations to. #KOF #evojapan2018

DUh5qGXV4AAhfR4.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. KOF XIV : 【カップヌードル】 第一回EVOジャパン、優勝は台湾・ZJZ(Gxbridget)氏! 準優勝香港LAU氏、3位日本M’氏! タイムシフト映像 https://kofkoucha.wordpress.com/2018/01/27/kof-xiv-%e3%80%90%e3%82%ab%e3%83%83%e3%83%97%e3%83%8c%e3%83%bc%e3%83%89%e3%83%ab%e3%80%91-%e7%ac%ac%e4%b8%80%e5%9b%9eevo%e3%82%b8%e3%83%a3%e3%83%91%e3%83%b3%e3%80%81%e5%84%aa%e5%8b%9d%e3%81%af/ pic.twitter.com/MR84gkuKGR

Translate from Japanese

KOF XIV: [noodles] 1 EVO Japan, winning Taiwan-ZJZ (Gxbridget) said. Runner-up, Hong Kong S.A.R. and LAU, third place Japan M ' Obama! Time-shift video https://kofkoucha.wordpress.com/2018/01/27/kof-xiv-%e3%80%90%e3%82%ab%e3%83%83%e3%83%97%e3%83%8c%e3%83%bc%e3%83%89%e3%83%ab%e3%80%91-%e7%ac%ac%e4%b8%80%e5%9b%9eevo%e3%82%b8%e3%83%a3%e3%83%91%e3%83%b3%e3%80%81%e5%84%aa%e5%8b%9d%e3%81%af/

DUiS8jAVQAEEtyd.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Today were with Wicked Gamer & Collector with fellow Atariage member Neo Gunloc with a fun video regarding the AES So let's dive right in to listen to what the great fellas have to say. Believe me, they have plenty to mention. :)

From the description,

"Neo Geo AES / NeoGeo / Arcade / Fight Stick / Metal Slug / King of Fighters / MVS / Art of Fighting / Review / Gameplay / Chit Chat"

Anthony..

Personally enoofu,

Much as I love the Neo-Geo and the amazing games that came about for the units, it was Neo-Geo that sadly bankrupt the original SNK in 2001. :(

But your right, Fujitsu really showed the power on the FM Towns Gaming PC's. Since SNK was started back in 1978 because of popular trends with video games, SNK should've been motivated by it and started a separate division and went the 32-bit gaming route which would've prepared them with revival CD based consoles from Sega and Sony. But instead, they just concentrated with Neo-Geo 2D technology and went the NGCD route that became costly in Japan, and a disaster in North America.

I felt that if SNK wanted to be innovative like the Neo-Geo, they had to be one step ahead of the competition and released 32-bit gaming units in the early 90's. Unfortunately, it cost them dearly by avoiding it. That's how I feel about it.

Anthony...

Believe a lot of sources said Neo Geo was going to developed a 32 bit system, mostly for improved Audio of Redbook. Probably didn't work well since commercial Arcade's even in the 2000's had difficultly running CD's 24/7 as the CD drive's broken down fast. Hence Neo Geo CD had to complete with resources from both the Arcade division and their Console division providing support for Nintendo/Sony/Sega products.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This evening were back with Jason Rotbergs with another great video from him for us to enjoy. Let's see what he has to say with his nice Neo-Geo collection shall we? Nice buyers guide for the newcomers as well. :)

From the description,

"This was a very long overdue video, I'm still boxing up the whole collection, and happy console gamer gave me some motivation, and I wanted to put this out for the most enthusiastic Neo Geo Gamer I know CHARLIE CAT! Hope you enjoy ANTHONY!"

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

1. アントノフガールから一言。 ROUND1はずっと無料公開中です! http://shonen-sirius.com/series/magapoke/kof-anb/ #KOF #KOF_ANB #マガポケpic.twitter.com/SUgFmjXPKP

Translate from Japanese

A Word from the Antonov an-girl. ROUND1 is much more free live! http://shonen-sirius.com/series/magapoke/kof-anb/ #KOF #KOF_ANB #マガポケ

DTuiAywU0AA92Tw.jpg

Anthony...