IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

im still setting on some neo geo AES games even have a few conversion carts left like metal slug?

pm me

Good to know Chris. :thumbsup:

Thank you for selling some of your Neo-Geo titles to me and enjoying them even to this day. Will let you know what we need by PMing you. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with Atariage member CZroe (Emmett Turner) with another maintence and repair video. Let's see what he has for us this time shall we?

From the description,

"The Japanese Seller sold this as "junk" saying that it would not power on. Well, it did, and it played pretty well... though there was a bit of graphical corruption.

Some non-sprite graphics had alternating columns of bad pixels creating vertical bars. NeoGeoDev's wiki helped me narrow it down to an S ROM data line from the cart slot which I traced to FIXD3. Pin 14 of the NEO-B1 chip had no continuity and there was some obvious corrosion in the area. You can even see where the trace was eaten through.

Well, that's fixed but suddenly it's having a different problem where it blinks off after a couple minutes. I did man-handle a 2200uf 6.3v capacitor when testing continuities so I think that's my fault. Found a leaky one from an old NES-001 but that only made it worse. It would not come on with a cart but it would still show blue screen without it. I needed to order more caps and cap kits anyway!"

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with Atariage member CZroe (Emmett Turner) with another maintence and repair video. Let's see what he has for us this time shall we?

From the description,

"The Japanese Seller sold this as "junk" saying that it would not power on. Well, it did, and it played pretty well... though there was a bit of graphical corruption.

Some non-sprite graphics had alternating columns of bad pixels creating vertical bars. NeoGeoDev's wiki helped me narrow it down to an S ROM data line from the cart slot which I traced to FIXD3. Pin 14 of the NEO-B1 chip had no continuity and there was some obvious corrosion in the area. You can even see where the trace was eaten through.

Well, that's fixed but suddenly it's having a different problem where it blinks off after a couple minutes. I did man-handle a 2200uf 6.3v capacitor when testing continuities so I think that's my fault. Found a leaky one from an old NES-001 but that only made it worse. It would not come on with a cart but it would still show blue screen without it. I needed to order more caps and cap kits anyway!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA5oWzfQYX4

Anthony...

The vertical bar issue was resolved with a jumper wire to restore the corroded trace as demonstrated in the video. The reset issue was narrowed down to a faulty LM2576 in the more complete follow-up video:

https://youtu.be/pn4lyZHsSTE

I considered this video a WIP for the more complete follow-up video. :)

The more complete follow-up video doesn’t show the LM2576 replacement since that took weeks to arrive and it would take 10+ hours to demonstrate (with thermal compound, even the faulty LM2576 could operate that long without error). I did record footage of that which I plan to include in a video about improving the video quality on Rev 3-6 NG AES consoles... if I can ever get the iMovie project off my phone (iCloud problem). :(

• Like 1

The vertical bar issue was resolved with a jumper wire to restore the corroded trace as demonstrated in the video. The reset issue was narrowed down to a faulty LM2576 in the more complete follow-up video:

I considered this video a WIP for the more complete follow-up video. :)

The more complete follow-up video doesn’t show the LM2576 replacement since that took weeks to arrive and it would take 10+ hours to demonstrate (with thermal compound, even the faulty LM2576 could operate that long without error). I did record footage of that which I plan to include in a video about improving the video quality on Rev 3-6 NG AES consoles... if I can ever get the iMovie project off my phone (iCloud problem). :(

Ah, good to know Emmett. :thumbsup:

We would live to see more videos of more Neo-Geo stuff similar to ir. Maybe we can see you working on a NGCD unit in the future. :)

Anthony..

Ah, good to know Emmett. [emoji106]

We would love to see more videos of more Neo-Geo stuff similar to it. Maybe we can see you working on a NGCD unit in the future. [emoji4]

Anthony..

Haven’t touched one yet but it’s on my list of things I hope to find broken/cheap. [emoji4]

Thanks.

Edited by CZroe
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

1. ACA NEOGEO BLAZING STAR is now available on PS4 and Xbox One! "BLAZING STAR" is a shooting game released by SNK in 1998. Enjoy the master pieces of NEOGEO! http://www.hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/xboxone/blazingstar.htm pic.twitter.com/JAChwRZdzn

DVxy332VMAA7g74.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. 【予告】【ダイヤ購入でUR破片ゲット】 イベント期間中、毎日ダイヤ購入すると、UR破片などのお得なボーナスがゲットできるよ! イベント期間: 2月12日5時-18日5時 #KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/EbfesNAiGH

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

Notice】 [Get your debris in diamond purchase] During the event, you can buy diamond every day, you get a great bonus such as your debris! Event Period: February 12, 5-18, 5:00 #KOF98UMOL

DVvi9liVwAEpBU2.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【お知らせ】 特定の時間にマルチに降臨ボスが出現します。 降臨マルチクエスト出現時間は、 7時、12時、18時、22時です。 詳しくはアプリ内のお知らせをご確認ください。 #キミヒロ https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/1338 pic.twitter.com/ahS2KObURZ

Translate from Japanese

Notice: Boss Advent in multi at a specific time. Advent Multi-Quest time is 7:00, 12:00, 6pm, 10pm. Please check the announcements in the app for details. https://www. snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/1338 #ttps://t.co/LPStLxo21t

DVyVWcIUQAIVvVw.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. tumblr_p3u7ghNSLW1ulp8mfo7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p3u7ghNSLW1ulp8mfo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p3u7ghNSLW1ulp8mfo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p3u7ghNSLW1ulp8mfo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p3u7ghNSLW1ulp8mfo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p3u7ghNSLW1ulp8mfo6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p3u7ghNSLW1ulp8mfo8_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p3u7ghNSLW1ulp8mfo9_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p3u7ghNSLW1ulp8mfo10_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p3u7ghNSLW1ulp8mfo1_1280.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

You seen Neo-Geo Land, Neo-Geo motorcycles, and even a Neo-Geo Bowl. But have you ever seen a Neo-Geo Zeppelin? WOW. :-o

1. In 1994, SNK used a zeppelin to promote the second episode of the Samurai Shodown series, Shin Samurai Spirits. (The Super Famicom - September 16, 1994)pic.twitter.com/4X1mVVupVB

DVvawe0WsAAl8NJ.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. アントノフガールからお知らせです。ちなみにROUND1は全88ページずっと無料公開! 次回は2/26配信になります。 http://shonen-sirius.com/series/magapoke/kof-anb/ #KOF #KOF_ANB #マガポケpic.twitter.com/OsRoJHwAi5

Translate from Japanese

Antonov Girl News. By the way, round1 all 88 pages free! Next time it will be 2/26 delivery. http://shonen-sirius.com/series/magapoke/kof-anb/ #KOF #KOF_ANB #マガポケ

DTuiaE-VoAA2lzp.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. Translate from Japanese

ROUND1-6 Update! Veteran and rookie who seem to be! http://shonen-sirius.com/series/magapoke/kof-anb/ #KOF #KOF_ANB #マガポケ

DSHhptKVAAAbpQ2.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with Virtua Boys doing what they do best. Let's take a look at their Samurai Shodown II review. :)

From the description,

" We're playing Samurai Shodown 2! Originally released for the Neo Geo AES in 1994, Samurai Shodown II is one of SNK's most loved games. Fans love it for it's weapon based fighting mechanics. Let's jump in and play a few rounds."

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. @NeoGeoCollector @Ex_Mosquito look what turned up today, and a shout out to Neogeo collector for taking the time and effort to get hold of and printed New Earth fanzine thanks mate.pic.twitter.com/RKgcYAhUAY

DV6lzWjXcAEHGwf.jpg
    Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. @Fdurso224Durso Hey Anthony, a photo for the thread here, these are brand new official #SNK #FatalFury Terry Bogard hats that were pre-order promo items for the PS2 release of King of Fighters Maximum Impact 1f60e.pngpic.twitter.com/1uD4cPTrMQ

DV6rQB5W0AAGwyN.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. @Fdurso224Durso @NeoGeoCollector Here are a few photos of my King of Fighters NeoGeo's Soundtrack 10th Anniversary Memorial Box, more to follow.. #SNK #NeoGeo #Soundtrack #KingOfFighters #KOFpic.twitter.com/pAvyyevWLG

DV7oTTbWsAIUh7e.jpg
    DV7oVNNX0AEA4lm.jpg
    DV7oW_VW0AILHtu.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

You seen Neo-Geo Land, Neo-Geo motorcycles, and even a Neo-Geo Bowl. But have you ever seen a Neo-Geo Zeppelin? WOW. :-o

1. In 1994, SNK used a zeppelin to promote the second episode of the Samurai Shodown series, Shin Samurai Spirits. (The Super Famicom - September 16, 1994)pic.twitter.com/4X1mVVupVB

DVvawe0WsAAl8NJ.jpg

Anthony...

sooooo no one can have a 100% complete neo geo collection without a blimp lol

that's sweet would love to see this floating in the air

Hi guys,

1. 【完全受注・HJ限定】「よっ、日本一!」話題のAMAKUNI製フィギュア「THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV 不知火舞」の受注〆切は 2月19日(月)まで。1/6スケール(全高約27cm)の超圧倒的ボリュームでお届けする、永久不滅のセクシーくノ一 “不知火舞” をぜひお見逃しなく!! https://goo.gl/PHhXJB #KOFXIVpic.twitter.com/5NPqs5DvlV

Translate from Japanese

[Complete orders and HJ Limited] "by the Japan! The order deadline for the KING of Fighters XIV Shiranui Mai, the Amakuni-made figure of the topic until Monday, February 19. To deliver in the ultra-overwhelming volume of 1/6 scale (height approx. 27cm), please do not miss the permanent Immortal sexy "Shiranui mai"!! https://goo.gl/PHhXJB #KOFXIV

DVlqOZ8VoAA9dfw.jpg
    DVlqPxoUQAAf7t9.jpg
    DVlqQgwVoAAu-25.jpg
    DVlqVJCVoAMv01q.jpg

Anthony..

was looking at this pondering what it would look like on my game statue shelf

the wife walked in and said "don't even think about it " lol

Edited by discgolfer72
  • Like 1

sooooo no one can have a 100% complete neo geo collection without a blimp lol

that's sweet would love to see this floating in the air

was looking at this pondering what it would look like on my game statue shelf

the wife walked in and said "don't even think about it " lol

Hahaha. I would be thinking were can I park this thing in the NYC streets disc. :-D

When I was a boy around 1992 when Mai Shiranui debuted in 1992, my mother didn't like her at all. She said that she was "too revealing". I can see what were concerns about as a parent, but if you look at Mai's modern dress code and as her chest expanded throughout the years, those early years of Mai is nothing to what it is for modern gamers. :-o

Anthony...