IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back with Scarlet Sprites doing a great Neo-Geo Super Bowl weekend video for us. Let's see what he has to say with Football Frenzy shall we?

From the description,

"What better way to celebrate the Super Bowl weekend than with the Neo Geo's Football Frenzy!? I'll playthrough one game as the pseudo Philadelphia Eagles and review mechanics while showcasing gameplay. I'll be hoping for a win today, and tomorrow!"

Anthony..

Hi NEO-philes!

Next NEO game: CYBER LIP. Interesting little take on CONTRA and one of the earliest NEO titles, but the weapon upgrades don't hold a candle to the awesome Spread Gun from Contra. The Metal Slug series would later become the run and gun staple of the NEO system (and Shock Troopers was pretty awesome too), but this could be worse for a very early effort.

• Like 1

I will also throw my newest NEO video out there:

MONEY IDOL/PUZZLE EXCHANGER

Exceedingly cute anime-style characters adorn this puzzle game involving Japanese yen as the descending puzzle pieces! The values are 1 yen, 5 yen, 10 yen, 50 yen, 100 yen and 500 yen. If you can make 2 coins touch (vertically or horizontally) that equal the value of another coin (say, two 5 yen coins or two 50 yen coins) they disappear. Otherwise you'll need to connect 5 of the coins. Chain reactions can be made, of course, by the remaining pieces falling into place to create more connections to make MORE coins disappear, and so on. And don't let the coins reach the bottom, where your character is busily trying to pull down coins or throw them upwards or your game ends (duh). Two special coins will only need 2 of a kind to eliminate, and when eliminated they can either make the coin above them (and all coins like it) increase by one value, like 1 yen turning into 5 yen; and the other special coin will ELIMINATE the coin above it and EVERY OTHER like coin! I recommend Solo Play over VS. the computer-- the 3rd opponent will f*** you over big-time, after facing two consecutive pushovers. Lovely puzzle game with novel gameplay.

• Like 1

Just got back from a friend's place, brought my AES over, my copies of Burning Fight and Mutation Nation and had some fun. It might seem silly to some to purchase a US system and English AES carts then also just tote it around as a playable set, but, what's the point of a fun collection if there's no connection with the items and no good memories to be had.. Might have to haul this bad boy over again soon, and, aside from the Hogan look alike smashing the water fountain, I gotta say Mutation Nation is the better beat 'em up!

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Glad to see more women enjoying SNK and Neo-Geo just as much as the fellas do. :)

1. Another pic with some Great #NeoGeo #snk merchandising From The past!! I love cosplaying #maishiranui 1f601.png2764.pngpic.twitter.com/4asPvRWxuw

DVHEXEWX0AA6Ypl.jpg

Anthony...

Love the Fatal Fury poster, having a game room I would definitely have some retro Neo Geo games poster like that one.

• Like 1

I was looking around the internet and I saw a bunch of weird games on the Neo Geo like King of Fighters 2004 special plus or Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I was wondering, who made these games and how long did they come out for? Also, did SNK ever pursue legal action against the companies?

post-47355-0-47961200-1517778044.png

post-47355-0-16965900-1517778050.png

post-47355-0-88828600-1517778056.jpg

post-47355-0-02169500-1517778063.png

• Like 1

Hi NEO-philes!

Next NEO game: CYBER LIP. Interesting little take on CONTRA and one of the earliest NEO titles, but the weapon upgrades don't hold a candle to the awesome Spread Gun from Contra. The Metal Slug series would later become the run and gun staple of the NEO system (and Shock Troopers was pretty awesome too), but this could be worse for a very early effort.

Hey Russ,

Thank you for posting your Cyber-Lip video for us to enjoy. I like this game despite many consider it to me mediocre. But if it wasn't for Cyber-Lip, we wouldn't have Metal Slug. So they had to start somewhere. :)

But as always, another well done job by you Russ, Thank you for what you do for the community. :)

Anthony.

• Like 1

I will also throw my newest NEO video out there:

MONEY IDOL/PUZZLE EXCHANGER

Exceedingly cute anime-style characters adorn this puzzle game involving Japanese yen as the descending puzzle pieces! The values are 1 yen, 5 yen, 10 yen, 50 yen, 100 yen and 500 yen. If you can make 2 coins touch (vertically or horizontally) that equal the value of another coin (say, two 5 yen coins or two 50 yen coins) they disappear. Otherwise you'll need to connect 5 of the coins. Chain reactions can be made, of course, by the remaining pieces falling into place to create more connections to make MORE coins disappear, and so on. And don't let the coins reach the bottom, where your character is busily trying to pull down coins or throw them upwards or your game ends (duh). Two special coins will only need 2 of a kind to eliminate, and when eliminated they can either make the coin above them (and all coins like it) increase by one value, like 1 yen turning into 5 yen; and the other special coin will ELIMINATE the coin above it and EVERY OTHER like coin! I recommend Solo Play over VS. the computer-- the 3rd opponent will f*** you over big-time, after facing two consecutive pushovers. Lovely puzzle game with novel gameplay.

Nice gameplay and review of Money Idol/Puzzle Exchanger Russ.

Towards the later parts of the Neo-Geo, we had some amazing oddies of games available. This one is one of them that turns out to be pretty enjoyable. I never heard of Face before at that time period, but I do have to admit, they did a good job convincing me to enjoy there other titles later on. :)

Excellent as always Russ. Thank you again. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Just got back from a friend's place, brought my AES over, my copies of Burning Fight and Mutation Nation and had some fun. It might seem silly to some to purchase a US system and English AES carts then also just tote it around as a playable set, but, what's the point of a fun collection if there's no connection with the items and no good memories to be had.. Might have to haul this bad boy over again soon, and, aside from the Hogan look alike smashing the water fountain, I gotta say Mutation Nation is the better beat 'em up!

Hey Chaos,

Glad you have fun playing some good ol' Neo-Geo over your pal's place bro. I use to do the same thing with my Neo-Geo to get my friends interested into playing/collecting into Neo-Geo. I have to say, the unit was very convincing for them to do what I do. About 80% soon became purchasers of a Neo-Geo AES unit.

Nice round number I must say. :-D

Is your friend into Neo-Geo Chaos? Did he enjoy playing Burning Fight and Mutation Nation?

Anthony..

Love the Fatal Fury poster, having a game room I would definitely have some retro Neo Geo games poster like that one.

Hey NGCD,

Great to see you making your first post here with us.

I agree, the Fatal Fury poster in the pic is really nice. I want that in my collection as well. Wouldn't mind collecting some Neo-Geo posters to go along with it. :)

Anthony..

Hey Chaos,

Glad you have fun playing some good ol' Neo-Geo over your pal's place bro. I use to do the same thing with my Neo-Geo to get my friends interested into playing/collecting into Neo-Geo. I have to say, the unit was very convincing for them to do what I do. About 80% soon became purchasers of a Neo-Geo AES unit.

Nice round number I must say. :-D

Is your friend into Neo-Geo Chaos? Did he enjoy playing Burning Fight and Mutation Nation?

Anthony..

Yeah, he's also a bit of a collector, mostly modern consoles like 360 and PS4, but he does have a SNES collection and some Genesis. He was talking about one day looking into an AES, but the initial buy-in is pretty intimidating.

• Like 1

Yeah, he's also a bit of a collector, mostly modern consoles like 360 and PS4, but he does have a SNES collection and some Genesis. He was talking about one day looking into an AES, but the initial buy-in is pretty intimidating.

Ah, good to know, :thumbsup:

If he ever wants to collect for the Neo-Geo feel free to forward him here, We can understand that the prices can be intimidating, but to get yourself into the door to Neo-Geo isn't as bad many many can think it could be. Plus with the help of the NeoSD, its actually can be a great investment to look into without thinking it will affect you financially. :)

Anthony..

I was looking around the internet and I saw a bunch of weird games on the Neo Geo like King of Fighters 2004 special plus or Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I was wondering, who made these games and how long did they come out for? Also, did SNK ever pursue legal action against the companies?

Don't believe they ever did Evan, Those were for the most parts hacks that were available to play. So I did think SNK went ahead to sue them.

Anthony..

I was looking around the internet and I saw a bunch of weird games on the Neo Geo like King of Fighters 2004 special plus or Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I was wondering, who made these games and how long did they come out for? Also, did SNK ever pursue legal action against the companie

Don't believe they ever did Evan, Those were for the most parts hacks that were available to play. So I did think SNK went ahead to sue them.

Anthony..

Yeah they are Rom hacks, For example Metal Slug 6 is a Hack of Metal Slug II or III, and is buggy;

Not to be confused with the Sammy Atomiswave Metal Slug 6 which is a great game.

• Like 1

Anthony..

"So I did think SNK went ahead to sue them."

Sorry I made a a typing error Evan. I was trying to say I "don't" think SNK went a ahead to sue them.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. 【予告】【UR格闘家覚醒セット販売】 明日5日AM5時から、アーデルハイド、オロチ、紅丸2003、ゲーニッツの覚醒セットが販売されます! 以上四名の熊魂UR格闘家の強化を目指す方は、ぜひこのチャンスをご活用ください。 #KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/XHRFhTXRyN

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

Notice】 [Your martial artist Awakening set sales] tomorrow 5 days from AM5 time, the awakening set of the Goenitz will be sold, Irwin Hyde, Orochi, Red Circle 2003! More than four bear souls if you are aiming to strengthen your fighting house, please take advantage of this opportunity. #KOF98UMOL

DVLR2AzX0AAKKED.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. マリー出演作品② 君はヒーロー 2/14 13:00まで!! マリー・ビリー・ギース様が限定ガチャに登場1f923.png 十連1回無料、1日1回無料なので是非是非遊んでみてくださいねっ1f917.png1f3ae.png2728.pnghttps://www.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/ #キミヒロpic.twitter.com/JVsYY9O2pu

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

Marie-Starring Works ② you are a hero 2/14 13:00!!! Marie Billy Geese appeared in the limited reams once free, please try to https://www. snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/ #キミヒロ play by all means free once a day.

DVPenDUUMAAMBeW.png

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. Numerous iconic SNK characters celebrated their Birthday this weekend!1f382.png Duck King (FF) on Feb 2nd, Takuma (AOF), Charlotte (Samrai Shodown), Blue Mary (FF), Marin (KOF) on Feb 4th. Apologies for the late wishes!!m(_ _)m Happy Birthday2728.png1f389.png1f382.png1f44f.png1f38a.png1f381.png#SNK #Entergirlpic.twitter.com/kcOqwWa7FB

DVPZEcpVwAALxQd.jpg
3 hours ago

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

1. Tokyo Game Show 99 #SNK Booklet. Great stuff in here. Including a full page of stickers, and a release list for #NeoGeo Pocket. Unreleased games include: NBA Hangtime NFL Blitz Pocket Billiards Pocket Fishing Mortal Kombat!!!!!!! Yeah, #MortalKombatpic.twitter.com/iqFWxrXOoe

DVLDWlRV4AAmSgR.jpg
    DVLDY6cU0AIRWof.jpg
    DVLDb1IVoAApHca.jpg
    DVLDdVtVMAA3CNS.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with fellow Atariage member, C_Dingo doing what he does best. So let's lloky on what he says about Neo Cherry Master for the NGP shall we?

From the description,

Developed by Dyna Corporation, Neo Cherry Master is a slot machine simulator for the Neo Geo Pocket that would go on to see a Neo Geo Pocket Color re-release.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with Atariage member CZroe (Emmett Turner) with another quick maintenance and repair video for us. Let's see what he has for us to watch shall we? :)

From the description,

"I already had a Universe BIOS ROM burned and ready to go just in case I got it working and it turns out that the original ROM was the only thing wrong with it! Chip was socketed so I didn’t even need to touch a soldering iron to it.

Oh yeah: Samurai Shodown II took some 99.9% pure electronics cleaning grade Isopropyl alcohol and a 1up Card but I probably could’ve gotten away with cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol.

The seller also said that the original Samurai Shodown with the working MV-1 was a bootleg but it’s definitely an original. Triple win!"

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1