IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Same here enoofu.

Personally, Samurai Shodown is an important title for me since it was the first true weapons based fighting game that I still enjoy the most because it was the first to introduce in history. I remember playing it for the first time and never seen anything like it. Really blew my mind away. [emoji4]

Anthony...

The intro is way cooler too. [emoji4] Slowly revealing the devastation from his swing and then revealing the tree (as if you weren’t already impressed) was exciting and cinematic for games back then. The intro for the second game wasn’t bad and did a better job showcasing the other characters, but just flashing them on the screen wasn’t nearly as artistic, IMO.

Kinda surprised that peeps aren't using the 8 pin din as a main selling point since that a RGB signal

RGB-compatible displays are functionally non-existent in some places, like North America. For those places, S-video is a huge plus. You can actually expect someone to find an S-video TV to connect to without having to order strange adapters online, mod hardware, or find specialty professional equipment. Heck, RGB isn’t reliably available even in Japan and it’s a mixed bag of incompatible connection types, electronic and physical (RGsB, RGBS, JP21, D-sub, early/non-standard signal levels, etc).

Hope everyone likes the new stereo audio boards. I've got quite a few NeoGeo systems here for repairs right now. Once I get some of them finished I will post some stories.

Very cool. I’ll probably be tossing one into the MVS MV-1FZ when I get the chance but I currently have no MVS games after trading what I had for AES games!

Was wondering if you have one of those ZELDA-X-PRO HDMI inputs for use with the DOL-101 Cube, obviously someones finally cracked the curse of the 'Nintendo-chiped' CubeHD cable!

Wonna speak with a fellow gamer thats bought one!

OOO MMM GGG!!!

wtf is this all about? Cant believe it!

Zelda X Pro makes a plug ‘n’ play adapter so it’s only for DOL-001.

Hi guys,

Back with another great maintenance & repair video by Atariage member CZroe (Emmet Turner). Let's see him taking care of business with this AES unit with a handful of work on this bad boy. Nice work with the corroded traces Emmett. [emoji4]

From the description,

"Neo Geo AES repair (corroded traces) ft. jailbar fix, UniBIOS, & LM2576 update"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeAUEI8KZaE&t=1s

Anthony...

Thanks! I was really surprised that it went so smoothly and fast considering the board was so filthy. The last one was much more problematic even though the board looked almost brand new! Couldn’t believe I ordered it Friday, received it Monday, and fixed it Tuesday (had the day off).

I had it in my eBay watched items for months until that 20% off coupon landed last Friday. That made the price $160 shipped, which was better than the last one. Since I already had extra sticks, cables, and even dupe games to pair with it, I knew a second console for that price was probably worth it.

Hopefully I stop doing this before I end up with a truly bad one where I have to cut my losses. Definitely lucked out because I’m more of a tinkerer than someone who actually knows about this stuff.

Edited by CZroe
  • Like 1

Was wondering if you have one of those ZELDA-X-PRO HDMI inputs for use with the DOL-101 Cube, obviously someones finally cracked the curse of the 'Nintendo-chiped' CubeHD cable!

Wonna speak with a fellow gamer thats bought one!

What do you want to know? I was early on the list for those things and got the v3 adapter last year for mine. That thing is sharp, very sharp and very worth the price it comes in at. Yes it has been cracked for awhile, this guy used the online information to take it off the drawing board into a physical product to sell and machined it and the 3d printed shell out for it through many revisions. There are others on the market now, though they cost more (and look prettier for it in some cases) that do the same thing externally. The same thing has also been done as a chop shop internal mod on the system too which I entirely avoided leaving my system stock.

The intro is way cooler too. [emoji4] Slowly revealing the devastation from his swing and then revealing the tree (as if you weren’t already impressed) was exciting and cinematic for games back then. The intro for the second game wasn’t bad and did a better job showcasing the other characters, but just flashing them on the screen wasn’t nearly as artistic, IMO.RGB-compatible displays are functionally non-existent in some places, like North America. For those places, S-video is a huge plus. You can actually expect someone to find an S-video TV to connect to without having to order strange adapters online, mod hardware, or find specialty professional equipment. Heck, RGB isn’t reliably available even in Japan and it’s a mixed bag of incompatible connection types, electronic and physical (RGsB, RGBS, JP21, D-sub, early/non-standard signal levels, etc).Very cool. I’ll probably be tossing one into the MVS MV-1FZ when I get the chance but I currently have no MVS games after trading what I had for AES games!Zelda X Pro makes a plug ‘n’ play adapter so it’s only for DOL-001.Thanks! I was really surprised that it went so smoothly and fast considering the board was so filthy. The last one was much more problematic even though the board looked almost brand new! Couldn’t believe I ordered it Friday, received it Monday, and fixed it Tuesday (had the day off).

I had it in my eBay watched items for months until that 20% off coupon landed last Friday. That made the price $160 shipped, which was better than the last one. Since I already had extra sticks, cables, and even dupe games to pair with it, I knew a second console for that price was probably worth it.

Hopefully I stop doing this before I end up with a truly bad one where I have to cut my losses. Definitely lucked out because I’m more of a tinkerer than someone who actually knows about this stuff.

I wish I could fix mine that quickly. Mine has been out of order for the last 3 weeks, I am making progress but it is a slow crawl.

• Like 1

Thanks! I was really surprised that it went so smoothly and fast considering the board was so filthy. The last one was much more problematic even though the board looked almost brand new! Couldn’t believe I ordered it Friday, received it Monday, and fixed it Tuesday (had the day off).

You're welcome Emmett,

Continue on what your education and learning with these great units. Glad it was an easy fix. :thumbsup: :)

I understand that you don't want a hard unit to fix, but personally, I think it would be to your advantage. Because it will help you become a better problem solver and gain even more experience down the road to repair. Then, as you become a veteran technician, ou would look back on it, it will be like it wasn't a difficult console to troubleshoot at all... :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. The X3002 #NeoGeo Development board that ran the DarkSeed prototype. Chip dates on board are from 1995. Char board only uses flash and SRAM cards, while the Prog board can use EPROMs or SRAM cards. Works on both MVS and Home systems. #SNK #NEODEVpic.twitter.com/ABVPyvpkfD

DYbFnmYU0AA-CCB.jpg
    DYbFnmVVQAAJnlE.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

More from Atariage member mattyjjenkins.

Anthony...

Metal Slug Super Vehicle-001 soundtrack, with multiple artwork from the first game. Enjoy!

Hey NGCD,

Great Metal Slug video and the slideshow pics to go with it. I think this was really excellent for sure and a great addition to add to your playlist on your channel. Thank you as always for your contributions to the thread. bro. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

1. 【WESG 2017】 「KOF XIVエキシビショントーナメント」 1位シャオハイ 2位ET 3位ZJZ 素晴らしい試合をありがとうございました。#SNK #KOFpic.twitter.com/vmfe7Qslzm

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

[WESG 2017] "KOF XIV Exhibition Tournament" 1st place Shaohai 2nd place et 3rd place zjz Thank you for a great match. #SNK #KOF

DYZzzj5U8AAafwA.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【SECRET REPORT#135】 「黄昏時、一人港で物思いに耽る男(ウサギ)が一匹。夕暮れの海に何を思うのか…。」…なんてセリフをつけたくなるくらいに、ウサタローのポーズが決まってますね!ただ、ちょっと足の長さが足りなかったようですが…。#キミヒロ #キミヒロSRpic.twitter.com/Mkg67fbnKi

Translate from Japanese

[sECRET REPORT # 135] "At twilight, there was a man indulging in the harbor. What do you think of the sea at dusk.... 」... How much you want to put the lines, I have decided to pose of the bunny! However, the length of the foot was not enough for a moment.... #キミヒロ #キミヒロSR

DYZmAJMW4AEJRe4.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【お知らせ】 特定の時間にマルチに降臨ボスが出現します。 降臨マルチクエスト出現時間は、 7時、12時、18時、22時です。 詳しくはアプリ内のマルチ降臨クエストのスケジュールをご確認ください。 #キミヒロpic.twitter.com/dt4FOYSf8y

Translate from Japanese

Notice: Boss Advent in multi at a specific time. Advent Multi-Quest time is 7:00, 12:00, 6pm, 10pm. For details, please check the schedule of the multi-advent quests in the app. #キミヒロ

DYcRtB5W4AQ-xSQ.jpg

Anthony...