IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

1. A few images from a photoshoot in early 2017 when working with @bitmap_books on the #NeoGeo Book - A Visual History. Back in stock next month at http://www.bitmapbook.co.uk #SNK #RetroGamingpic.twitter.com/kYKf5dD9s6

DZIQseyWsAAfsQi.jpg
    DZIQsehX0AEaEFn.jpg
    DZIQww1WkAAoDOG.jpg

Anthony...

Hi Villo,

Thank you for enlisting onto Atariage and participating on the Neo-Geo thread. Welcome aboard kind sir. :waving:

We are certainly excited that you have an interest towards the Neo-Geo. So many of timeless classics for you to enjoy. I'm sure we can help you out with suggestions on good games for you to pick up or play for your entertaining needs. Yes...we don't mock others because you don't have original hardware. As long as your having a blast playing Neo-Geo on by other means of playing them, it's perfectly fine with us. So no worries my good man. :)

Seeing that you have a Playstation 2, I would recommend like fellow Atariage member Dreamcast Gamer mentioned. The SNK Arcade Classics Vol.1 for the console. A great compilation of SNK's top picks and favorites from the unit that made the Neo-Geo what it is. As for other SNK compilations for the PS2, here's as follows.

Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 1 and 2

Art of Fighting Anthology

World Heroes Anthology

Metal Slug Anthology

Samurai Shodown Anthology.

Now as far as gamesto play right now. off emulation, I would recommend playing my favorite title, which is "Magician Lord" an early launch title for the Neo-Geo that's very challenging, but very enjoyable to play. Now here's a list of other games you should try as well as for starters

NAM-1975

King of the Monsters

League Bowling

Last Resort

Windjammers

Street Slam

I think this will get you off in the right direction Villo. :)

Thank you for posting with us kind sir. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to write away for us to see. Will be glad to answer them as best and quickly as possible.

Seen you soon Villo. Enjoy these great selection of games and have fun through out the Atariage forums. :)

Anthony..

Right there's a few titles to take to eBay to see if I can pick any up for my PS2. Hopefully they won't worry the bank account.

As for an emulator. Is there one I should look out for?

• Like 1

Right there's a few titles to take to eBay to see if I can pick any up for my PS2. Hopefully they won't worry the bank account.

As for an emulator. Is there one I should look out for?

Good to know Villo. :thumbsup:

SNK NTSC region versions don't cost as much compared to the PAL versions I see as of late. If the McBoot works on your PS2, that would be great.

Now as for a good emulator to play Neo-Geo titles, MAME is a top one that comes to peoples mind since its a popular emulator. and been out there for a while The next one would be Nebula. That's another good one as well.

Hope this helps you Villo. Thank you for posting with us. :)

Anthony..

Good to know Villo. :thumbsup:

SNK NTSC region versions don't cost as much compared to the PAL versions I see as of late. If the McBoot works on your PS2, that would be great.

Now as for a good emulator to play Neo-Geo titles, MAME is a top one that comes to peoples mind since its a popular emulator. and been out there for a while The next one would be Nebula. That's another good one as well.

Hope this helps you Villo. Thank you for posting with us. :)

Anthony..

Winkawaks is what i use for Neo geo/ CapcomPlay games

Demul for Atomiswave Games

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

1. 【イベントのお知らせ】本日より渋谷ロフト6Fアート&カルチャーフロアにて『SNK POP-UP SHOP in Shibuya LOFT』スタート!ぜひ遊びに来てくださいね♪ http://buff.ly/2GH4TZY  #SNK  #KOF #NEOGEOpic.twitter.com/rPdCb6i6xr

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

[Event Announcement] from today on the Shibuya loft 6f Art & Culture Floor "SNK pop-up SHOP in Shibuya LOFT" Start! Please come and visit us. ♪ http://buff.ly/2GH4TZY #SNK #KOF #NEOGEO

DZLUqmTU0AI4qwk.jpg
    DZLUqmXV4AAcRWc.jpg
    DZLUqmWUMAAa26j.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. ROUND3-1更新! 気持ちいいでしょう? http://shonen-sirius.com/series/magapoke/kof-anb/ 次回は4/9(月)配信。ROUND1は全ページ無料公開中! #KOF #KOF_ANB #マガポケpic.twitter.com/hbemQYMOpZ

Translate from Japanese

ROUND3-1 Update! It feels good, right? http://shonen-sirius.com/series/magapoke/kof-anb/ the next delivery is April 9. Round1 is open to all pages for free! #KOF #KOF_ANB #マガポケ

DYVTvDKVoAEi1Ec.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. ACA NEOGEO WORLD HEROES 2 JET is now available on Nintendo Switch! It's a fighting game released by SNK in 1994. Sixteen heroes, villains, and other fighters have gathered to determine who is the strongest in the world. http://www.hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/switch/worldheroes2jet.htm pic.twitter.com/PFuYRnWe2q

DZEzgmOUMAAo_vp.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. 本日、AnimeJapan 2018「マンガプロダクションズ」ブースにてKOF XIVの先行試を開催中です!試遊頂いた方には缶バッジをプレゼント!ぜひお越し下さい。 #SNK #KOFpic.twitter.com/HzWxoalZxW

Translate from Japanese

Today, we are holding a pre-trial of KOF XIV at the Animejapan 2018 "Manga Productions" Booth! A badge can be given to those who play. Please come and visit. #SNK #KOF

DZGKHwqU0AAVhWs.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. アニメジャパン会場のナジュドさんと記念撮影 @manga_prd #KOF #SNKpic.twitter.com/v6zU3XBZhF

Translate from Japanese

Najran and commemorative photo of the anime Japan venue @manga_prd #KOF #SNK

DZHCZ1YVMAAe9mh.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. جانب من مشاركة شركة #مانجا_للإنتاج في #animejapan المقام في طوكيو.pic.twitter.com/o8UB7pFSzm

Translate from Arabic
    Translated from Arabic by Microsoft

Aspect of the company's participation #مانجا_للإنتاج in #animejapan the denominator in Tokyo.

DZC9Ja3VAAEaIOY.jpg
    DZC9JbKV4AApo14.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with Virtua Boys doing what they do best.. So here Capcom Vs SNK : Millennium fight 2000 on the Sega Dreamcast. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"We're back playing EVERY STREET FIGHTER GAME in existence and this time we're on the Dreamcast! Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000 is Capcom's first bash at the vs game with SNK characters and it's a blast. Also released in the arcade and on the PlayStation (yes, the PS1!)."

Anthony..

Seems like a solid upgrade, problem is they're being dodgy about the price unless I missed them come out about it pretty recently. I'm guessing it'll be the most expensive of the three accounting for the DS one out there too. Maybe they fear sticker shock other than from the most rabid types who buy anything at whatever cost.

For some reason Tanooki. I personally think that the Pro will cost $150-250 dollars more than the original.Just a gut feeling really seeing that they want to make a quality product but trying satisfy gamers wallets at the same time.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 本日発売 #月刊少年シリウス5月号 新連載第2回 THE KING OF FIGHTERS~A NEW BEGINNING~ あずま京太郎先生は、奥で叫んでるアントノフがお気に入りだそうです。 http://shonen-sirius.com/series/magapoke/kof-anb/ #KOF #KOF_ANBpic.twitter.com/52Bpxh5DPW

Translate from Japanese

The new series released today the http://shonen-sirius.com/series/magapoke/kof-anb/ KING OF fighters ~ a new BEGINNING ~ Azuma Kyotaro Teacher is said to be a favorite Antonov is screaming in the back. #ttps://t.co/TPLiV1JCil #KOF #KOF_ANB

DXwFgvyVAAIR-Ei.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 26a0.png1f6a8.png拡散熱望1f6a8.png26a0.png SNK「e-Sports Support Program」様から公式に支援を認められました203c.png1f389.png4月7日(土)・8日(日) 「ジーカム ・春の餓狼SP祭り」 開催決定1f389.png 主催者としてイベント終了まで尽力致します1f647.png ただし色々と「初」のイベントでもありますので、皆様のお力添えを頂けると嬉しいです。pic.twitter.com/L1vNX3824Y

Translate from Japanese

The ⚠️ diffusion Aspire ⚠️ SNK "e-sports support Program" was officially recognized for support from the ‼️ on April 7 (Sat) and 8 (Sun) "Bout the fatal SP festival in spring " We will do our utmost to end the event as an organizer, but it is also a "first" event, so we are happy if you can help.

DY5RLceUQAAunvU.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. 【告知】4/14(土)ガロスペ大会『オオスタウン杯』は SNK「e-Sports Support Program」SNK公認での大会を実施します。 ■大会概要 13:00~ フリプ開始 16:00~ 初中級者大会 19:30~ 無差別級シングル大会 ※勿論今まで通り磯田園コラボもあります! 詳しくは以下ご覧下さい https://blog.goo.ne.jp/meiroukai/e/0331a487dbd5dc717e027a7e093e0f9d pic.twitter.com/6wS1uTgfvV

Translate from Japanese

[Notice] April 14 (Sat) GALOSPE Tournament "Otstown Cup" will be held in SNK 「 e-sports Support Program 」 SNK approved. ■ Tournament Outline 13:00 ~ Frip start 16:00 ~ First Intermediate Tournament 19:30 ~ Indiscriminate class Single Tournament of ※ course there is also an ISO rural collaboration as before! Please see below for details https://blog.goo.ne.jp/meiroukai/e/0331a487dbd5dc717e027a7e093e0f9d

DZHaXu5UMAEL-fV.jpg
    DZHaX6XVQAA_3Mm.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. About NAJD. Najd is a college student. A very quite person dressed with Abaya (traditional Saudi garament) with extraordinary powers. At night, she puts on her Abaya and turns into a vigilante to protect her fellow citizens.pic.twitter.com/9Ic92kqTla

DZQHL1ZVMAADcMT.jpg
    DZQHNxwU8AAQjJw.jpg
    DZQHPOWV4AE0kUh.jpg
    DZQHP59UQAA4Ayb.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Nice history lesson regarding the cherry blossom trees that surround the Washington D.C. area.

1. ¿Conoces las "flores de cerezo en Washington" que Japón dio para profundizar la amistad entre Japón y los Estados Unidos?1f338.png ¿Están floreciendo cerezos en flor en México, Argentina o Chile?1f914.png "The Last Blade" ¡¡Puedes ver hermosas flores de cerezo !! http://www.hamster.co.jp/arcadearchives/lastblade.htm pic.twitter.com/jExupDrcvA

Translate from Spanish
    Translated from Spanish by Microsoft

Do you know the "cherry blossoms in Washington" that Japan gave to deepen the friendship between Japan and the United States? are cherry blossoms blooming in Mexico, Argentina or Chile? "The Last Blade" You can see beautiful cherry blossoms!! http://www. hamster.co.jp/arcadearchives/lastblade.htm

History of the Cherry Blossom Festival
February 15, 2016 2:13 pm
GettyImages-52591735-727x485.jpg
WASHINGTON - APRIL 5: Rosario Ponte, of Alexandria, Virginia photographs the cherry tree blossoms that circle the Tidal Basin as the trees began to bloom April 5, 2005 in Washington. The National Cherry Blossom Festival -- a celebration to commemorate the...

WASHINGTON — In 1912, Mayor Yukio Ozaki of Tokyo gifted 3,000 cherry trees to the nation’s capital. More than 100 years later, this act of kindness is still celebrated.

And even though the trees arrived in 1912, the process of bringing them to D.C. took years — and it all started with the request from Eliza Ruhamah Scidmore in 1885.

According to the National Park Service, Scidmore, the first female board member of the National Geographic Society, approached the U.S. Army Superintendent of the Office of Public Buildings and Grounds after returning from her first visit to Japan.

She asked that cherry trees be planted along the Potomac River, but her request was ignored.

In 1909, Scidmore decided to take it upon herself to raise the funds needed to purchase the cherry trees and donate them to the city. She wrote a letter to the first lady, Helen Herron Taft, outlining her plan, and quickly heard back. The first lady was onboard.

Days later, Dr. Jokichi Takamine, a Japanese chemist, was visiting D.C., and asked the first lady if she would accept a donation of 2,000 cherry trees. On Dec. 10, the trees arrived in Seattle from Japan, and started their journey to D.C. They arrived at their final destination on Jan. 6.

Shortly after their arrival, the Department of Agriculture discovered the trees were infested and diseased, and were ordered to be destroyed. Japan suggested a second donation, and on March 26, 1912, 3,020 cherry trees arrived in D.C. and were planted along the Tidal Basin.

The U.S. reciprocated the gesture by gifting flowering dogwood trees to Japan.

In 1965, the Japanese government made another donation of 3,800 to Lady Bird Johnson, wife of President Lyndon Baines Johnson. Many of these trees were planted on the grounds of the Washington Monument.

The first Cherry Blossom Festival was held in 1927, and has since expanded. Now, the celebration spans four weekends in March and April, and attracts more than 1.5 million people from all over the world.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224